|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Saryanavat is the name of the _____ where Soma plants are found.
2. Who eats the flesh of the sacrificed horse?
3. Indra splits open a _____ to release trapped cows.
(a) Giant egg.
4. What is the hollow cavern that the rivers fill in "The Child of the Waters"?
(a) The valley.
(b) The sky.
(c) The moon's wake.
(d) The ocean.
5. The Invoker is what type of priest in "The Sacrifice of the Horse"?
6. In the hymn, "In Praise of Generosity", fortune is described as _____.
7. Who is the beloved grey priest?
(a) The Soma plant.
(b) The night sky.
(c) The oblation fire.
(d) The rain.
8. Who carries Indra to heaven to bring Soma to men and gods?
(a) A donkey.
(b) A horse.
(c) A raven.
(d) An eagle.
9. Who repairs the errors committed in the course of the horse sacrifice?
10. What is the path of death referred to, as in "The Boy and the Chariot"?
(a) The evil way.
(b) The lonely road.
(c) The golden road.
(d) The water trail.
11. Cows appear in the metaphors involving Soma as _____ or water.
12. What is the piece of wood attached crosswise at the top of the stake used in the horse sacrifice?
(a) The cleft.
(b) The corbel.
(c) The knob.
(d) The weft.
13. Who is a kavi?
(a) A guardian or keeper.
(b) A snake handler.
(c) A poet or a saint.
(d) A sacrifical martyr.
14. What is the inner membrane of the embryo called?
15. What is the female element in the oblation ritual called?
(a) The sky maker.
(b) The boneless one.
(c) The fourth element.
(d) The air taker.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many people slaughter the horse of Tvastr during sacrifice?
2. What is thought of as a symbol of rain and fertility?
3. How many shafts does the chariot have in "The Boy and the Chariot"?
4. Who are Agni's sons?
5. _____ is the cry that is made when an offering is presented to the gods.
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)