|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Women & Magic : Chapter 2, Magic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the word for the happiness that consists of being loved by one's husband?
2. In the Atharva Vedic ritual, the Great Naked Woman is treated as a _____.
(a) Cup of Soma.
3. A 'yojana' is a measurement of _____.
4. What is the sky divided into in "A Spell to Turn Back the Departing Spirit"?
(a) Two planes.
(b) Three levels.
(c) Four quarters.
(d) Six quadrants.
5. What is another name for the Maruts?
Short Answer Questions
1. The _____ in "Indra and the Monkey" is the conquering Aryan.
2. Who eats the flesh of the sacrificed horse?
3. When Agni becomes priest, his _____ are both flame and prayer.
4. The word _____ means 'one who sheds rain or seed'?
5. What is the center of the wheel in the "All-Maker" myth called?
This section contains 155 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)