|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Women & Magic : Chapter 2, Magic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The red streaks in "The Gale Wind" may be the redness in the sky during rain, or the _____ of the wind.
(a) Chestnut horses.
(b) Breath of the gods.
(c) Blood of the sacrifice.
(d) Flames of Agni.
2. Who are Agni's sons?
(a) The priests.
(b) The sages.
(c) The poets.
(d) The Maruts.
3. The horses of Indra in "The Sacrifice of the Horse" are _____.
(a) Two dapple grays.
(b) Two roan mares.
(c) Two grey donkeys.
(d) Two bay stallions.
4. In "The Three Strides of Visnu", the commentator suggests that the ferocious beast is a _____.
5. Who is a kavi?
(a) A poet or a saint.
(b) A guardian or keeper.
(c) A sacrifical martyr.
(d) A snake handler.
Short Answer Questions
1. The three vats in "Parjanya, the Cow" are clouds full of rain or vessels full of _____.
2. In the hymn, "In Praise of Generosity", fortune is described as _____.
3. How many wheels does the chariot have in "The Boy and the Chariot"?
4. Indra wages battle with _____ as well as weapons.
5. What are the instruments for ritual sometimes called?
This section contains 185 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)