|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Women & Magic : Chapter 2, Magic.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is symbolic of primeval chaotic matter, the seed of the creator, and the sacrificial oblation?
2. In "Varuna Provoked to Anger", even _____ does not avert evil in the poet's estimation.
3. Pusan presides over _____.
(a) Mountains and hills.
(b) Sky and earth.
(c) Roads and journeys.
(d) Fertility and death.
4. What are the human and demonic enemies of the invading Indo-Aryans?
5. What is the symbol of an unfaithful woman in "Pururavas and Urvasi"?
(a) The eagle.
(b) The broken chalice.
(c) The broken twig.
(d) The jackal.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the hymn, "Indra and the Maruts", what type of animal is named as 'the does' that are yoked to the chariot?
2. Where is the fireplace where the dove settles in "The Dove of Death'"?
3. Vivavsan is a name for the _____.
4. Who is the mother of the sun?
5. in "The Deeds of the Asvins", Pedu is the character who was given a white horse that killed _____.
This section contains 182 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)