|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Women & Magic : Chapter 1, Women.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The long-haired ascetic is an early precursor of the Upanisadic _____.
2. How many people restrain the horse of Tvastr during sacrifice?
3. In the hymn, "Indra and the Maruts", what type of animal is named as 'the does' that are yoked to the chariot?
4. In the hymn, "In Praise of Generosity", fortune is described as _____.
5. Who is the mother of the Maruts?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is another English term for what means 'little ship' in Sanskrit?
2. How many wheels does the chariot have in "The Boy and the Chariot"?
3. 'Dhruvam' means _____.
4. What are said to have more powers than the Fathers in heaven?
5. Which word in the Rig Veda means 'to sprinkle'?
This section contains 160 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)