|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Women & Magic : Chapter 1, Women.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Gambler's Lament", dice are born during a storm and cease to hang like _____ from the nut tree.
2. What is the name of the god of formal hospitality to strangers?
3. Indra splits open a _____ to release trapped cows.
(d) Giant egg.
4. What is the piece of wood attached crosswise at the top of the stake used in the horse sacrifice?
(a) The knob.
(b) The corbel.
(c) The weft.
(d) The cleft.
5. Who called "Indra and the Monkey' the strangest hymn in the Rig Veda?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Indra's wife?
2. At the end of "The Birth of Agni", what does Agni turn into?
3. Varuna and Mitra are keepers of the _____.
4. in "The Deeds of the Asvins", Pedu is the character who was given a white horse that killed _____.
5. In "Parjanya, the Bull", what is Parjanyas' enormous deadly weapon?
This section contains 183 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)