|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Women & Magic : Chapter 1, Women.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Susna is the demon of _____.
2. Parsu's name,as mentioned in the notes for "Indra and the Monkey", means _____.
3. Who is the mother of the sun?
4. Vena is the seer identified with the _____.
(c) Planet Venus.
5. The three vats in "Parjanya, the Cow" are clouds full of rain or vessels full of _____.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is symbolic of primeval chaotic matter, the seed of the creator, and the sacrificial oblation?
2. The horses of Indra in "The Sacrifice of the Horse" are _____.
3. What is another name for the Maruts?
4. What is the name of Yama's twin?
5. In "Vena", Soma is the _____ who roars as he mingles with the waters.
This section contains 151 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)