|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Indra, Agni & Soma : Chapter 1, First Gods & the Mysterious Soma.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Invoker is what type of priest in "The Sacrifice of the Horse"?
2. The mane of a horse is a metaphor for what?
(a) The crops in the fields.
(b) The rain.
(c) The love of Indra.
(d) The rays of the sun.
3. The Vasus are a group of gods associated with _____.
(a) The sun.
(b) The horses.
(c) The moon.
(d) The crops.
4. The author calls the unknown god the _____.
(a) Silver Serpent.
(b) Icarus of Antiquity.
(c) Golden Embryo.
5. What animal joins the horse in sacrifice?
(a) A bird.
(b) A goat.
(c) A dog.
(d) A donkey.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which river surrounds heaven and earth in the unknown god myth?
2. The enemy of true speech in "The Origins of Sacred Speech" is said to have been the _____ of the author.
3. Who repairs the errors committed in the course of the horse sacrifice?
4. The Rbhus are the _____ of the gods.
5. In the hymn, "In Praise of Generosity", fortune is described as _____.
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)