|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Indra, Agni & Soma : Chapter 1, First Gods & the Mysterious Soma.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the sacrificial drink pressed from a plant?
2. How many shafts does the chariot have in "The Boy and the Chariot"?
3. 'Dhruvam' means _____.
4. What are said to have more powers than the Fathers in heaven?
(a) The horses of heaven.
(b) The goats of heaven.
(c) The children of heaven.
(d) The Mothers of heaven.
5. The Rbhus are the _____ of the gods.
Short Answer Questions
1. Max Muller dubs the unknown god _____.
2. _____ are seers as well as poets.
3. Who is a kavi?
4. The word for heart mind and life-spirit is _____.
5. The enemy of true speech in "The Origins of Sacred Speech" is said to have been the _____ of the author.
This section contains 158 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)