Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the novel, what was the leading cause of death to voyagers along the Oregon Trail?
2. How quickly does Richard Allen Mesinger die after being shot?
3. Who is Richard Allen Mesington's best friend?
4. What does Richard Allen Mesington call the first heavy equipment he sees moving earth?
5. Who lives next door to the Richard Allen Mesington family in Missouri?
Essay Topic 1
Why does the novel "need" to have the accidental discharge come from an old muzzle-loading, black powder rifle? Wouldn't the novel work just as well with an AK-47 hanging above Kline's mantel? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The novel openly mocks Tim Harrow's personal philosophy that draws from firearms and American history, the United States Constitution, and Christianity. Do you think that these sources of information are suitable for mockery?
Essay Topic 3
In today's terms, John Byam would be called a sniper. Discuss the role of snipers in today's military actions. Is the role of a sniper somehow immoral? Why or why not?
This section contains 223 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)