|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Richard Allen Mesington call the first heavy equipment he sees moving earth?
2. From age nine to ten, Richard Allen Mesington believes he will pursue which profession?
3. What is Richard Allen Mesinger doing at the moment he is killed?
4. According to the novel, how fast does a black powder charge burn?
5. Where was Richard Allen Mesington born?
Essay Topic 1
The novel openly mocks Tim Harrow's personal philosophy that draws from firearms and American history, the United States Constitution, and Christianity. Do you think that these sources of information are suitable for mockery?
Essay Topic 2
The novel argues that during the Colonial period rifles were needed tools but that in today's society they are no longer useful. Discuss this contrast.
Essay Topic 3
Describe the appearance of the rifle. Explain why it looks the way that it looks.
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)