Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the novel, what was the leading cause of death to voyagers along the Oregon Trail?
2. How quickly does Richard Allen Mesinger die after being shot?
3. Who is Richard Allen Mesington's best friend?
4. What does Richard Allen Mesington call the first heavy equipment he sees moving earth?
5. Who lives next door to the Richard Allen Mesington family in Missouri?
Essay Topic 1
The novel openly mocks Tim Harrow's personal philosophy that draws from firearms and American history, the United States Constitution, and Christianity. Do you think that these sources of information are suitable for mockery?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the role of the characterization of Tim Harrow in the novel. Why is Tim even characterized? Why is he characterized as a fringe "crazy"? What role does the character play in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
When rifle kills British officers, who is doing the killing--Byam or the rifle? When the rifle kills Richard David Mesinger, who is doing the killing--Harv Kline or the rifle? Why are the two situations different? Compare and contrast.
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)