|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Richard Allen Mesington's best friend?
(a) Cornish McManus
(c) Tim Harrow
2. What does Richard Allen Mesington do as a small child that frightens his parents?
(a) Likes to play with fire
(b) Plays with a gun
(c) Chases a bear in the forest around the family home
(d) Explores the forest around the family home
3. When Richard Allen Mesington is four years old, he has an exciting experience doing what?
(a) Shooting a rifle
(b) Hunting with his father
(c) Riding on a backhoe while it works
(d) Riding in a mobile home
4. According to the novel, how old was Richard Allen Mesinger "supposed" to be when he died?
(d) Old enough to know not to play with guns
5. What were prohibited in the powder magazine of Revolutionary War ships?
6. According to the novel, what was the leading cause of death to voyagers along the Oregon Trail?
(b) Firearms accidents
(c) Starvation and exposure
(d) Indian attack
7. With which relative is Richard Allen Mesington particularly close?
(a) His cousin
(b) His grandfather
(c) His son
(d) His adopted little sister
8. Why doesn't Richard Allen Mesington tell Peggy that he loves her?
(a) He is homosexual
(b) He is debilitatingly shy
(c) He already has a jealous girlfiend in Sarah
(d) Because she is much older than he is
9. According to the novel, how many movies did Richard Allen Mesinger watch in an average year?
(b) Over 100
(d) He didn't watch movies
10. How old is Richard Allen Mesington when he stops believing in Santa Claus?
(a) Two years old
(b) Sixteen years old
(c) He never believes in Santa Claus because of his father's early death
(d) Six years old
11. What was Richard Allen Mesington's first pet dog named?
12. From age seven to nine years old, Richard Allen Mesington believes he will pursue which profession?
(b) Emergency Rescue
(c) Veterinary science
13. How quickly does Richard Allen Mesinger die after being shot?
(a) About five minutes
(b) A few minutes after arriving at the hospital
(c) He dies instantly
(d) After a few hours
14. How does Richard Allen Mesington think about firearms?
(a) He doesn't think about them
(b) He is terrified of them
(c) He thinks he's like to learn how to make them
(d) He loves them
15. How does Richard Allen Mesington get along with Harv Kline?
(a) They are best friends
(b) They like to hunt together
(c) They fight about nearly everything
(d) They like each other as neighbors
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the novel, what would Richard Allen Mesinger have done had he not been shot?
2. According to the novel, how much pressure does a black powder charge generate?
3. How old is Richard Allen Mesington when his family buys their first television?
4. According to the novel, how long was Richard Allen Mesinger "supposed" to have lived?
5. In the novel, how many people actually fire the "sweet" rifle?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)