|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Joining, and The Rifle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to John Byam's "sweet" rifle after he dies?
(a) It is given to another Revolutionary War soldier
(b) It is stolen by a woman named Sarah
(c) It is put into a museum
(d) George Washington praises it in a speech
2. Why doesn't Richard Allen Mesington play with the next door neighbor Harv Kline's son?
(a) Harv Kline's son doesn't like guns
(b) Harv Kline's son is too young
(c) Harv Kline's son is too old
(d) Harv Kline's son drowned as an infant
3. When Cornish McManus test fires his rifle for accuracy, from what range does he choose to shoot?
(a) Thirty long steps
(b) One hundred paces
(c) One hundred yards
(d) One thousand long steps
4. After buying the "sweet" rifle, what is the first thing John Byam uses it for?
(a) Shooting a bear
(b) Showing off to a girl
(c) As a tool to hold down barbed wire while crossing a fence
(d) Shooting a British officer
5. Tim Harrow's mind is swirling with all of the following except?
(a) Information about the United States Constitution
(b) Information about Christianity
(c) Information about guns
(d) Information about literature
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Cornish McManus choose a small caliber for his "sweet" rifle?
2. After his apprenticeship is complete, Cornish McManus is referred to as what?
3. What happens to black powder if it is exposed to the air for a long period of time?
4. After whom was Richard Allen Mesington named?
5. During the Revolutionary war period a typical rifle was accurate at what distance?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)