|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Weapon, pages 33 to 66.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Cornish McManus the most when first he test fires the rifle?
(a) Three shots go into the same hole on the target
(b) The rifle kicks like a mule
(c) The rifle doesn't make very much noise
(d) The rifle doesn't fire
2. Harv Kline agrees to fix Tim Harrow's vehicle in exchange for what?
(a) The "sweet" rifle and a velvet painting of Elvis Presley
(b) A kiss from Harrow's wife
(c) A motorcycle
(d) A case of beer
3. How much force does it take on the trigger to fire that "sweet" rifle that Cornish McManus builds?
(a) About three hundred pounds
(b) About three ounces
(c) About three pounds
(d) About thirty pounds
4. What type of soldiers does John Byam prefer to kill?
(a) British officers and sergeants
(b) He doesn't kill any soldiers
(c) British privates
(d) American officers and sergeants
5. What does Cornish McManus make out of rough-sawn "blanks"?
(a) Roofing shingles
(b) Gun barrels
(c) Pistol grips
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the novel, what does a faster rate of spin do for a projectile?
2. In the rifle that Cornish McManus builds, the flint strikes a piece of metal called what?
3. What tall tale does Tim Harrow make up about the "sweet" rifle that, unbeknownst to him, is actually true?
4. What type of wood does Cornish McManus use to make the gun-stock of his "sweet" rifle?
5. On the rifle that Cornish McManus builds, what is the name of the part that holds the flint?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)