|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Weapon, pages 33 to 66.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of rifle is Cornish McManus's "sweet" rifle?
(a) A flintlock
(b) A matchlock
(c) A snaphaunce
(d) A wheel lock
2. What event in American history does Tim Harrow know the most about?
(a) Custer's last stand
(b) The amphibious assault on Tarawa
(c) The 9-11 terror attacks
(d) The Gettysburg Address
3. Harv Kline agrees to fix Tim Harrow's vehicle in exchange for what?
(a) The "sweet" rifle and a velvet painting of Elvis Presley
(b) A kiss from Harrow's wife
(c) A case of beer
(d) A motorcycle
4. What do the colonials call Americans who do not want to gain independence from British rule?
5. Who built the rifle discussed in the novel?
(a) John Waynewright
(b) John Byam
(c) Joe Manton
(d) Cornish McManus
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cornish McManus use to polish the bore of his "sweet" rifle?
2. On one occasion John Byam shoots how many British officers in just a few moments?
3. Although the unnamed man whose children find the "sweet" rifle in the attic of their new house finds it beautiful, he gets rid of it. Why?
4. What is the name of the part of a flintlock rifle that holds the priming charge?
5. Tim Harrow is honorably discharged from which branch of the armed forces?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)