|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Weapon, pages 3 to 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who built the rifle discussed in the novel?
(a) Joe Manton
(b) John Waynewright
(c) John Byam
(d) Cornish McManus
2. According to the novel, what does a faster rate of spin do for a projectile?
(a) Makes it move faster
(b) Makes it move slower
(c) Makes it more accurate
(d) Makes it hit harder
3. What color is the barrel for Cornish McManus' "sweet" rifle when he is completely finished with it?
(a) Neary black
(b) He leaves it in the white
(c) A deep blue
(d) A deep plum-brown
4. What is the twist rate of the rifling of the barrel of Cornish McManus' "sweet" rifle?
(a) One turn in six inches
(b) One turn in thirty-five inches
(c) One turn in thirty-five yards
(d) It doesn't twist
5. What material does Cornish McManus use to build the butt plate, the patch box, the keys, and the cap of this "sweet" rifle?
(d) Curly maple
Short Answer Questions
1. During the Revolutionary war period a typical rifle was accurate at what distance?
2. What is the longitudinal exterior shape of the barrel of Cornish McManus' "sweet" rifle?
3. What is the name of the part of a flintlock rifle that holds the priming charge?
4. What type of wood does Cornish McManus use to make the gun-stock of his "sweet" rifle?
5. On the rifle that Cornish McManus builds, what is the name of the part that holds the flint?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)