|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Weapon, pages 3 to 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the final operation in the construction of Cornish McManus' "sweet" rifle?
(a) Drilling the hole from the pan through the barrel
(b) Fitting the barrel to the stock
(c) Welding on the front sight
(d) Selecting the stock blank
2. What type of shot is Cornish McManus?
(a) McManus is a bad shot
(b) McManus is a crack shot
(c) McManus never shoots a gun in the novel
(d) McManus is an average shot
3. Cornish McManus establishes a gunsmith shop near what major city?
(b) Salt Lake City
(c) New York
4. On the rifle that Cornish McManus builds, what is the name of the part that holds the flint?
(a) The patch box
(b) The bore
(c) The frizzen
(d) The hammer
5. What does Cornish McManus use to polish the bore of his "sweet" rifle?
(a) Emery paper
(b) Cow's urine
(c) Steel wool
(d) A rag soaked in lard and very fine strained sand
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the novel, what does a faster rate of spin do for a projectile?
2. How much does John Byam pay Cornish McManus in exchange for the "sweet" rifle?
3. What is the longitudinal exterior shape of the barrel of Cornish McManus' "sweet" rifle?
4. Why does Cornish McManus choose a small caliber for his "sweet" rifle?
5. What material does Cornish McManus use to brown the exterior surface of a barrel?
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)