|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Weapon, pages 3 to 33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of grease does Cornish McManus use to lubricate his patches?
(a) Bear grease
(b) Axle grease
(c) Hoppe's #9
(d) Rancid butter
2. How much does John Byam pay Cornish McManus in exchange for the "sweet" rifle?
(a) Six hundredweight of flour
(b) A year's worth of cured hides
(c) Two thousand dollars
(d) Two hundred guineas
3. How much powder does Cornish McManus use when he shoots his "sweet" rifle?
(a) The amount that normally would be used for a .40 caliber rifle.
(b) The amount that normally would be used for a .50 caliber rifle.
(c) A handful
(d) 217 grains
4. How many rifling grooves does Cornish McManus cut in the barrel of his "sweet" rifle?
5. What color is the barrel for Cornish McManus' "sweet" rifle when he is completely finished with it?
(a) Neary black
(b) He leaves it in the white
(c) A deep plum-brown
(d) A deep blue
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of lock does Cornish McManus fit into his "sweet" rifle?
2. What is the name of the part of a flintlock rifle that holds the priming charge?
3. What type of rifle is Cornish McManus's "sweet" rifle?
4. What does rifling do for a rifle?
5. John Waynewright often complains that Cornish McManus is too what?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)