|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Joining, and The Rifle.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of grease does Cornish McManus use to lubricate his patches?
(a) Hoppe's #9
(b) Axle grease
(c) Rancid butter
(d) Bear grease
2. According to the novel, what does a faster rate of spin do for a projectile?
(a) Makes it move slower
(b) Makes it move faster
(c) Makes it more accurate
(d) Makes it hit harder
3. Who lives next door to the Richard Allen Mesington family in Missouri?
(a) Tim Harrow
(b) John Byam
(c) Harv Kline
(d) Cornish McManus
4. What material does Cornish McManus use to brown the exterior surface of a barrel?
(a) Shoe polish
(d) Cow's urine
5. When Richard Allen Mesington is fourteen years old, who is his girlfriend?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take Cornish McManus to manufacture the barrel of his "sweet" rifle?
2. What clears the "mummified grease" (p. 92) from the touchhole of the "sweet" rifle?
3. What does Richard Allen Mesington call the first heavy equipment he sees moving earth?
4. What does Cornish McManus use to polish the bore of his "sweet" rifle?
5. According to the novel, what was the leading cause of death to voyagers along the Oregon Trail?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)