|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Weapon, pages 33 to 66.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the distance of the longest kill John Byam achieves during his time in New York?
(a) 100 yards
(b) One nautical mile
(c) 30 long paces
(d) 400 yards
2. What color is the barrel for Cornish McManus' "sweet" rifle when he is completely finished with it?
(a) He leaves it in the white
(b) A deep blue
(c) Neary black
(d) A deep plum-brown
3. John Waynewright often complains that Cornish McManus is too what?
4. What type of shot is Cornish McManus?
(a) McManus is a bad shot
(b) McManus is an average shot
(c) McManus is a crack shot
(d) McManus never shoots a gun in the novel
5. How much does John Byam pay Cornish McManus in exchange for the "sweet" rifle?
(a) A year's worth of cured hides
(b) Two hundred guineas
(c) Six hundredweight of flour
(d) Two thousand dollars
Short Answer Questions
1. How much does Harv Kline want to charge Tim Harrow for fixing his vehicle?
2. How does John Byam die?
3. What does Harv Kline do with the "sweet" rifle?
4. Why does Cornish McManus decide to sell his "sweet" rifle?
5. Where does the "sweet" rifle remain from c. 1776 until 1993?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)