|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Weapon, pages 33 to 66.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to John Byam's "sweet" rifle after he dies?
(a) George Washington praises it in a speech
(b) It is put into a museum
(c) It is given to another Revolutionary War soldier
(d) It is stolen by a woman named Sarah
2. How does John Byam die?
(a) He is shot by the British during a skirmish
(b) He shoots himself by accident while cleaning his rifle
(c) He dies of dysentery
(d) He is hung by the Americans for desertion
3. What event in American history does Tim Harrow know the most about?
(a) The Gettysburg Address
(b) Custer's last stand
(c) The 9-11 terror attacks
(d) The amphibious assault on Tarawa
4. Harv Kline agrees to fix Tim Harrow's vehicle in exchange for what?
(a) A case of beer
(b) A kiss from Harrow's wife
(c) The "sweet" rifle and a velvet painting of Elvis Presley
(d) A motorcycle
5. How many rifling grooves does Cornish McManus cut in the barrel of his "sweet" rifle?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of soldiers does John Byam prefer to kill?
2. What do the colonials call Americans who do not want to gain independence from British rule?
3. In the rifle that Cornish McManus builds, the flint strikes a piece of metal called what?
4. Cornish McManus establishes a gunsmith shop near what major city?
5. On one occasion John Byam shoots how many British officers in just a few moments?
This section contains 259 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)