|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Boy.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Harv Kline agrees to fix Tim Harrow's vehicle in exchange for what?
(a) A kiss from Harrow's wife
(b) A motorcycle
(c) The "sweet" rifle and a velvet painting of Elvis Presley
(d) A case of beer
2. John Waynewright spends most of his time studying what aspect of rifle construction?
(a) The process of rifling
(b) Stock fitting
(d) Improving the lock
3. What major world event transpires while Cornish McManus builds his "sweet" rifle?
(a) The American Civil War
(b) The American Revolutionary War
(c) The attacks of 9-11
(d) World War I (The Great War)
4. Tim Harrow's vest has all of the following slogans except?
(a) I'll give up my guns when you pry them from my cold, dead fingers.
(b) Guns don't kill people, people kill people.
(c) Register criminals, not guns.
(d) If guns are outlawed only outlaws will have guns.
5. What is John Byam paid for joining a volunteer unit in fighting against the British?
(a) Two hundred dollars
(c) Forty cents a day
(d) A saddle, cup, spoon, bowl, powder, and lead
Short Answer Questions
1. After buying the "sweet" rifle, what is the first thing John Byam uses it for?
2. Although the unnamed man whose children find the "sweet" rifle in the attic of their new house finds it beautiful, he gets rid of it. Why?
3. How does Richard Allen Mesington refer to the first bear he sees as an infant?
4. In what sport is Richard Allen Mesington not interested?
5. In Missouri, one of Richard Allen Mesington's neighbors tells him stories about what historical world event?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)