|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, Brown finds out that ________________have been asking questions about him.
2. Which position does Brown seek?
3. What does Brown want to do after the trial?
4. Brown files for a new trial for ___________.
5. What famous case did Judge Charles Older preside over?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Brown and the others decide to avenge Robert's death?
2. Why does Brown decide against giving a closing argument?
3. How does Brown describe Charlies's girls?
4. How was Zanzibar killed?
5. What information does the juror give Brown in Chapter 12?
6. Who is Cesar Chavez?
7. What victory has Brown won at the end of Chapter 16?
8. What tragedy does Brown find out has happened in Los Angeles while he has been in Mexico?
9. Why does Brown think that Gilbert has no right to question him about Mexico?
10. Describe Brown's time at the New County jail at the end of the section.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Acosta present himself in the book? Why does he present himself in this way? Is it an accurate representation?
Essay Topic 2
What does a movement such as the Chicano Movement need to make itself heard? Did the Chicano Movement do enough to make the public aware of them? What more could they have done?
Essay Topic 3
What were the lives of Mexicans like in America before the Chicano Movement existed? How did the Chicano Movement change life for Mexicans in America?
This section contains 661 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)