|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did the police alert about the possibility of trouble at the the church?
2. What is the name of the second policeman to testify?
3. How do David and Brown know each other?
4. How does the crowd react to Brown's speech at the beginning of Chapter 12?
5. What religion does Brown say was imposed on the Mexicans?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Brown's time at the New County jail at the end of the section.
2. Why is the courtroom watching a color film at the beginning of Chapter 15?
3. How was Zanzibar killed?
4. What is the eventual outcome of the trial in Chapter 12?
5. Why does the judge have both Brown and the defendants arrested in this section?
6. How do the Charles Manson supporters think their case is the same as the Brown's case?
7. What does Brown do at the nightclub in Mexico?
8. Why does Brown decide against giving a closing argument?
9. What does Brown tell Zanzibar in his interview?
10. What problems does Brown say he has with Grand Juries?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Acosta present himself in the book? Why does he present himself in this way? Is it an accurate representation?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
In what way could the Grand Jury be seen as racist? How can Brown use this accusation against them? How has the Supreme Court tried to counter racism?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)