|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To which member of their family do the three girls return?
2. Which position does Brown seek?
3. Whom did the police alert about the possibility of trouble at the the church?
4. According to Brown, who landed in Mexico in the 1500s?
5. For which of the following crimes are the Tooner Flats Seven on trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. What claims does Brown make about Zanzibar's murder?
2. Why does the judge have both Brown and the defendants arrested in this section?
3. How do the Charles Manson supporters think their case is the same as the Brown's case?
4. What does Fernando Sumaya tell the court in his testimony?
5. Why does Brown think that Gilbert has no right to question him about Mexico?
6. What information does the juror give Brown in Chapter 12?
7. Why is the courtroom watching a color film at the beginning of Chapter 15?
8. What tragedy does Brown find out has happened in Los Angeles while he has been in Mexico?
9. What does Brown promise to do after the trial in Chapter 15?
10. What role does Brown play in the UCLA rally?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way could the Chicano Movement be described as a terrorist group? In what way have the police and society forced them to become such a group? What comment does this make about terrorist groups in general?
Essay Topic 2
What were Nixon's views on the Chicano Movement? What effect did his election to President have on the movement?
Essay Topic 3
Examine each person's importance to the Chicano Movement: Brown, Gilbert, Zanzibar, and Corky.
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)