|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Brown, who landed in Mexico in the 1500s?
2. How does the crowd react to Brown's speech at the beginning of Chapter 12?
3. Brown shows Zanzibar a receipt for ____________.
4. According to Brown, what has made him enemies?
5. Why does Brown say he is running for sheriff?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems is Brown having with the police while in Mexico?
2. How do the Charles Manson supporters think their case is the same as the Brown's case?
3. Why does Brown decide against giving a closing argument?
4. Why does Brown think it is a good idea for him to write a book?
5. What role does Brown play in the UCLA rally?
6. How was Zanzibar killed?
7. According to Brown, why does he like Roland Zanzibar?
8. What claims does Brown make about Zanzibar's murder?
9. How does Brown start to find connections among Hollywood's elite?
10. What victory has Brown won at the end of Chapter 16?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following trials and examine how its outcome affected the Chicano Movement: The Tooner Flats Seven,The St. Basil Twenty One, and The East Los Angeles Thirteen.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
How did the politics of the sixties change America? How does Acosta express these changes in his book?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)