|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the officer who arrested Corky?
2. What is the name of Brown's friend who tells him not to worry about the police?
3. What is the name of the undercover police officer at the trial?
4. Why does Brown say he is running for sheriff?
5. What does Brown try to explain to the group they need as well as lawyers?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the courtroom watching a color film at the beginning of Chapter 15?
2. What does Brown promise to do after the trial in Chapter 15?
3. Why does Brown decide against giving a closing argument?
4. Describe Brown's time at the New County jail at the end of the section.
5. What does Fernando Sumaya tell the court in his testimony?
6. How does Brown start to find connections among Hollywood's elite?
7. How does Brown describe Charlies's girls?
8. What claims does Brown make about Zanzibar's murder?
9. What is the eventual outcome of the trial in Chapter 12?
10. What problems does Brown say he has with Grand Juries?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Acosta present himself in the book? Why does he present himself in this way? Is it an accurate representation?
Essay Topic 2
In what way could the Chicano Movement be described as a terrorist group? In what way have the police and society forced them to become such a group? What comment does this make about terrorist groups in general?
Essay Topic 3
Who were the Chicano militant leaders? What were their role in the Chicano Movement? How does Acosta represent each one in the book? How do these representations contribute to the book's overall meaning?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)