|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which part of Los Angeles does the juror live?
2. How do David and Brown know each other?
3. Whom does Anthony Quinn introduce at the rally?
4. Brown files for a new trial for ___________.
5. Whose arrest does the judge order in this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fernando Sumaya tell the court in his testimony?
2. Why is the courtroom watching a color film at the beginning of Chapter 15?
3. What role does Brown play in the UCLA rally?
4. Why does the judge have both Brown and the defendants arrested in this section?
5. Who is Cesar Chavez?
6. Describe Brown's time at the New County jail at the end of the section.
7. What does Brown promise to do after the trial in Chapter 15?
8. What tragedy does Brown find out has happened in Los Angeles while he has been in Mexico?
9. What information does the juror give Brown in Chapter 12?
10. How was Zanzibar killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way could the Grand Jury be seen as racist? How can Brown use this accusation against them? How has the Supreme Court tried to counter racism?
Essay Topic 2
How does Acosta present himself in the book? Why does he present himself in this way? Is it an accurate representation?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Brown's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to who he is at the end.
1) What did Brown hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2) What events change Brown's ideas about life?
3) How has Brown's character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)