|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brown call in Los Angeles in this section?
2. Where does the undercover policeman testify about attending a meeting?
3. According to Brown, who landed in Mexico in the 1500s?
4. What is the name of Brown's friend who tells him not to worry about the police?
5. Why do the people at New County Jail say they are treating Brown differently?
Essay Topic 1
Look at the generation gap between the younger and the older characters. What different experiences do both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is the generational gap expressed in the book particularly wide during this time, or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
Essay Topic 2
Why did Brown want to become a criminal lawyer? What are Brown's strengths and weaknesses as a lawyer?
Essay Topic 3
What evidence suggests the police could have killed Fernandez? How will it affect the Chicano Movement if the police are found guilty of murder?
This section contains 759 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)