|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Brown, who landed in Mexico in the 1500s?
2. Who calls Brown near the end of this section?
3. Brown says the court has no jurisdiction because of ______________.
4. What kind of gun does Brown carry in his suitcase?
5. Where do Brown and the others celebrate their partial victory?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brown do at the nightclub in Mexico?
2. What does Brown tell Zanzibar in his interview?
3. What information does the juror give Brown in Chapter 12?
4. Why does the judge have both Brown and the defendants arrested in this section?
5. What tragedy does Brown find out has happened in Los Angeles while he has been in Mexico?
6. What problems is Brown having with the police while in Mexico?
7. According to Brown, why does he like Roland Zanzibar?
8. What problems does Brown say he has with Grand Juries?
9. What claims does Brown make about Zanzibar's murder?
10. What does Brown say in his closing speech in Chapter 12?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were Nixon's views on the Chicano Movement? What effect did his election to President have on the movement?
Essay Topic 2
Why do the students think Brown chooses the cockroach to describe his own people? Why do groups, in general, use such derogatory terms in reference to themselves?
Essay Topic 3
What were Bobby Kennedy's views on the Chicano Movement? What effect did his death have on the movement? How would the movement have developed if Kennedy had been elected President?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)