|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the second policeman to testify?
2. According to Brown, who landed in Mexico in the 1500s?
3. What was the name of the bar where Zanzibar was killed?
4. According to Brown, what has made him enemies?
5. Brown says the Chicanos constitute _____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems occur on the first day of the St. Basil Thirteen hearing?
2. According to Brown, why does he like Roland Zanzibar?
3. How does Brown describe Charles Manson?
4. What does Brown tell Zanzibar in his interview?
5. Who is Cesar Chavez?
6. Why does Brown decide against giving a closing argument?
7. Why does the judge have both Brown and the defendants arrested in this section?
8. How does Brown describe Charlies's girls?
9. What does Brown promise to do after the trial in Chapter 15?
10. How does Brown start to find connections among Hollywood's elite?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine each person's importance to the Chicano Movement: Brown, Gilbert, Zanzibar, and Corky.
Essay Topic 2
Compare Brown's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to who he is at the end.
1) What did Brown hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2) What events change Brown's ideas about life?
3) How has Brown's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Who were the Chicano militant leaders? What were their role in the Chicano Movement? How does Acosta represent each one in the book? How do these representations contribute to the book's overall meaning?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)