|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the people at New County Jail say they are treating Brown differently?
2. To which member of their family do the three girls return?
3. What kind of meeting does Brown hold in Chapter 16?
4. Whose persecution are the people protesting at the beginning of Chapter 17?
5. What promise does Brown make in Chapter 15 that he doesn't want to make?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Brown think that Gilbert has no right to question him about Mexico?
2. What victory has Brown won at the end of Chapter 16?
3. How does Brown describe Charlies's girls?
4. Why does Brown think it is a good idea for him to write a book?
5. How does Brown start to find connections among Hollywood's elite?
6. What does Brown do at the nightclub in Mexico?
7. Why is the courtroom watching a color film at the beginning of Chapter 15?
8. What problems does Brown say he has with Grand Juries?
9. What problems is Brown having with the police while in Mexico?
10. How do Brown and the others decide to avenge Robert's death?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the politics of the sixties change America? How does Acosta express these changes in his book?
Essay Topic 2
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does this have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
What evidence suggests the police could have killed Fernandez? How will it affect the Chicano Movement if the police are found guilty of murder?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)