|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brown insinuate that the authorities knew about Zanzibar?
2. What kind of dangerous weapons do the people staying at Brown's house have?
3. For whom does Roland work?
4. Liberace tells Brown he will vote for __________.
5. What is the name of the officer who arrested Corky?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Brown think that Gilbert has no right to question him about Mexico?
2. How do the Charles Manson supporters think their case is the same as the Brown's case?
3. What does Brown tell Zanzibar in his interview?
4. According to Brown, why does he like Roland Zanzibar?
5. What is the eventual outcome of the trial in Chapter 12?
6. Why does Brown think it is a good idea for him to write a book?
7. What role does Brown play in the UCLA rally?
8. Why does Brown decide against giving a closing argument?
9. Describe Brown's time at the New County jail at the end of the section.
10. How does Brown describe Charlies's girls?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the generation gap between the younger and the older characters. What different experiences do both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is the generational gap expressed in the book particularly wide during this time, or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
Essay Topic 2
What were the lives of Mexicans like in America before the Chicano Movement existed? How did the Chicano Movement change life for Mexicans in America?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Brown want to become a criminal lawyer? What are Brown's strengths and weaknesses as a lawyer?
This section contains 717 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)