|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of drug does Betti give Brown at the nightclub?
2. Why does Brown say he is running for sheriff?
3. What doesn't Brown like Gilbert questioning him about in the car?
4. Brown decided that he didn't want to attend the demonstration in August because ___________________.
5. Where does the undercover policeman testify about attending a meeting?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brown describe Charlies's girls?
2. How does Brown start to find connections among Hollywood's elite?
3. What does Brown tell Zanzibar in his interview?
4. What does Brown promise to do after the trial in Chapter 15?
5. Why does Brown think it is a good idea for him to write a book?
6. What problems does Brown say he has with Grand Juries?
7. What does Fernando Sumaya tell the court in his testimony?
8. What does Brown say in his closing speech in Chapter 12?
9. What victory has Brown won at the end of Chapter 16?
10. What claims does Brown make about Zanzibar's murder?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine each person's importance to the Chicano Movement: Brown, Gilbert, Zanzibar, and Corky.
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Brown's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to who he is at the end.
1) What did Brown hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2) What events change Brown's ideas about life?
3) How has Brown's character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)