|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brown learn has died in this section?
2. For which of the following crimes are the Tooner Flats Seven on trial?
3. What is the name of the undercover police officer at the trial?
4. Who was one of Brown's bodyguards?
5. Who calls Brown near the end of this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fernando Sumaya tell the court in his testimony?
2. Why is the courtroom watching a color film at the beginning of Chapter 15?
3. Who is Cesar Chavez?
4. How do Brown and the others decide to avenge Robert's death?
5. How do the Charles Manson supporters think their case is the same as the Brown's case?
6. What information does the juror give Brown in Chapter 12?
7. What victory has Brown won at the end of Chapter 16?
8. According to Brown, why does he like Roland Zanzibar?
9. Why does Brown decide against giving a closing argument?
10. What problems does Brown say he has with Grand Juries?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the lives of Mexicans like in America before the Chicano Movement existed? How did the Chicano Movement change life for Mexicans in America?
Essay Topic 2
What does a movement such as the Chicano Movement need to make itself heard? Did the Chicano Movement do enough to make the public aware of them? What more could they have done?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the generation gap between the younger and the older characters. What different experiences do both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is the generational gap expressed in the book particularly wide during this time, or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)