|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brown refers to the Chicanos as ___________.
2. What kind of dangerous weapons do the people staying at Brown's house have?
3. What religion does Brown say was imposed on the Mexicans?
4. Where does the undercover policeman testify about attending a meeting?
5. Why does Brown say he is running for sheriff?
Essay Topic 1
In what way could the Grand Jury be seen as racist? How can Brown use this accusation against them? How has the Supreme Court tried to counter racism?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Brown's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to who he is at the end.
1) What did Brown hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2) What events change Brown's ideas about life?
3) How has Brown's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)