|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second police officer questioned about?
2. Manson's supporters are known as _______________.
3. For which of the following crimes are the Tooner Flats Seven on trial?
4. At which university does Brown attend a protest rally?
5. In which part of Los Angeles does the juror live?
Short Essay Questions
1. What claims does Brown make about Zanzibar's murder?
2. What does Fernando Sumaya tell the court in his testimony?
3. Why does Brown think it is a good idea for him to write a book?
4. Who is Cesar Chavez?
5. Describe Brown's time at the New County jail at the end of the section.
6. How was Zanzibar killed?
7. What victory has Brown won at the end of Chapter 16?
8. How does Brown start to find connections among Hollywood's elite?
9. What does Brown promise to do after the trial in Chapter 15?
10. What problems is Brown having with the police while in Mexico?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does this have on the story?
Essay Topic 2
What were Bobby Kennedy's views on the Chicano Movement? What effect did his death have on the movement? How would the movement have developed if Kennedy had been elected President?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following trials and examine how its outcome affected the Chicano Movement: The Tooner Flats Seven,The St. Basil Twenty One, and The East Los Angeles Thirteen.
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)