|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brown give as his occupation?
2. What does Brown spend most of his time doing in Acapulco?
3. Brown says the Chicanos constitute _____________.
4. Brown decided that he didn't want to attend the demonstration in August because ___________________.
5. Where do Brown and Zanzibar go after the interview?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Brown think that Gilbert has no right to question him about Mexico?
2. Why does the judge have both Brown and the defendants arrested in this section?
3. What does Fernando Sumaya tell the court in his testimony?
4. What problems does Brown say he has with Grand Juries?
5. What does Brown promise to do after the trial in Chapter 15?
6. What does Brown say in his closing speech in Chapter 12?
7. Who is Cesar Chavez?
8. What is the eventual outcome of the trial in Chapter 12?
9. How was Zanzibar killed?
10. Describe Brown's time at the New County jail at the end of the section.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the lives of Mexicans like in America before the Chicano Movement existed? How did the Chicano Movement change life for Mexicans in America?
Essay Topic 2
How does Acosta present himself in the book? Why does he present himself in this way? Is it an accurate representation?
Essay Topic 3
In what way could the Chicano Movement be described as a terrorist group? In what way have the police and society forced them to become such a group? What comment does this make about terrorist groups in general?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)