|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous case did Judge Charles Older preside over?
2. Brown says the Chicanos constitute _____________.
3. What is the name of Brown's friend who tells him not to worry about the police?
4. To which member of their family do the three girls return?
5. Who does Brown call in Los Angeles in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who were the Chicano militant leaders? What were their role in the Chicano Movement? How does Acosta represent each one in the book? How do these representations contribute to the book's overall meaning?
Essay Topic 2
How does Acosta present himself in the book? Why does he present himself in this way? Is it an accurate representation?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the values of the 1960s. In what ways are the characters a product of their time? How does the book express the changes America was going through at the time?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)