|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brown learn has died in this section?
2. How does the crowd react to Brown's speech at the beginning of Chapter 12?
3. According to Brown's claims, who ordered Zanzibar's murder?
4. Why is Brown's suitcase never searched when he enters the courthouse?
5. Who testifies that the Chicanos are a class of people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What victory has Brown won at the end of Chapter 16?
2. What tragedy does Brown find out has happened in Los Angeles while he has been in Mexico?
3. What problems occur on the first day of the St. Basil Thirteen hearing?
4. How does Brown describe Charlies's girls?
5. What information does the juror give Brown in Chapter 12?
6. Why is the courtroom watching a color film at the beginning of Chapter 15?
7. What is the eventual outcome of the trial in Chapter 12?
8. How does Brown start to find connections among Hollywood's elite?
9. What does Brown do at the nightclub in Mexico?
10. What does Brown tell Zanzibar in his interview?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were Nixon's views on the Chicano Movement? What effect did his election to President have on the movement?
Essay Topic 2
What were Bobby Kennedy's views on the Chicano Movement? What effect did his death have on the movement? How would the movement have developed if Kennedy had been elected President?
Essay Topic 3
Pick a character from the book and discuss that character's goals and motives. Do they achieve their goals? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)