|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of his family did Brown stay with in Mexico?
2. According to Brown's claims, who ordered Zanzibar's murder?
3. At which university does Brown attend a protest rally?
4. Who was Gilbert shot by?
5. For whom does Roland work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems occur on the first day of the St. Basil Thirteen hearing?
2. Who is Cesar Chavez?
3. How does Brown describe Charlies's girls?
4. What does Brown tell Zanzibar in his interview?
5. What claims does Brown make about Zanzibar's murder?
6. What does Brown promise to do after the trial in Chapter 15?
7. What does Brown say in his closing speech in Chapter 12?
8. What victory has Brown won at the end of Chapter 16?
9. What problems is Brown having with the police while in Mexico?
10. How do the Charles Manson supporters think their case is the same as the Brown's case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following trials and examine how its outcome affected the Chicano Movement: The Tooner Flats Seven,The St. Basil Twenty One, and The East Los Angeles Thirteen.
Essay Topic 2
In what way could the Chicano Movement be described as a terrorist group? In what way have the police and society forced them to become such a group? What comment does this make about terrorist groups in general?
Essay Topic 3
Examine each person's importance to the Chicano Movement: Brown, Gilbert, Zanzibar, and Corky.
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)