|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the second policeman to testify?
2. Whose persecution are the people protesting at the beginning of Chapter 17?
3. What is Roland's surname?
4. What kind of meeting does Brown hold in Chapter 16?
5. Why do the St. Basil Twenty One have a special room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tragedy does Brown find out has happened in Los Angeles while he has been in Mexico?
2. What problems does Brown say he has with Grand Juries?
3. What problems occur on the first day of the St. Basil Thirteen hearing?
4. How was Zanzibar killed?
5. How does Brown describe Charles Manson?
6. How does Brown start to find connections among Hollywood's elite?
7. Why does Brown think it is a good idea for him to write a book?
8. What role does Brown play in the UCLA rally?
9. What is the eventual outcome of the trial in Chapter 12?
10. How do the Charles Manson supporters think their case is the same as the Brown's case?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following trials and examine how its outcome affected the Chicano Movement: The Tooner Flats Seven,The St. Basil Twenty One, and The East Los Angeles Thirteen.
Essay Topic 2
What were Bobby Kennedy's views on the Chicano Movement? What effect did his death have on the movement? How would the movement have developed if Kennedy had been elected President?
Essay Topic 3
What does a movement such as the Chicano Movement need to make itself heard? Did the Chicano Movement do enough to make the public aware of them? What more could they have done?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)