|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which part of Los Angeles does the juror live?
2. Which position does Brown seek?
3. What is the name of the officer who arrested Corky?
4. Whom did the police alert about the possibility of trouble at the the church?
5. Why are spectators cleared from the court during the St. Basil trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems is Brown having with the police while in Mexico?
2. Why does Brown decide against giving a closing argument?
3. Why does Brown think that Gilbert has no right to question him about Mexico?
4. What does Brown do at the nightclub in Mexico?
5. What information does the juror give Brown in Chapter 12?
6. How does Brown describe Charles Manson?
7. Why does Brown think it is a good idea for him to write a book?
8. According to Brown, why does he like Roland Zanzibar?
9. How was Zanzibar killed?
10. Who is Cesar Chavez?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss that character's goals and motives. Do they achieve their goals? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
In what way could the Grand Jury be seen as racist? How can Brown use this accusation against them? How has the Supreme Court tried to counter racism?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)