|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose persecution are the people protesting at the beginning of Chapter 17?
2. Which two characters meet Brown at the Los Angeles airport?
3. Manson's supporters are known as _______________.
4. Brown says the Chicanos constitute _____________.
5. Which member of St. Basil's church testifies in court the day after Brown was arrested?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Who were the Chicano militant leaders? What were their role in the Chicano Movement? How does Acosta represent each one in the book? How do these representations contribute to the book's overall meaning?
Essay Topic 3
In what way could the Chicano Movement be described as a terrorist group? In what way have the police and society forced them to become such a group? What comment does this make about terrorist groups in general?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)