|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brown call in Los Angeles in this section?
2. Who testifies that the Chicanos are a class of people?
3. For which of the following crimes are the Tooner Flats Seven on trial?
4. What kind of gun does Brown carry in his suitcase?
5. What is the name of the juror who provided Brown with information?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Brown, why does he like Roland Zanzibar?
2. Describe Brown's time at the New County jail at the end of the section.
3. What role does Brown play in the UCLA rally?
4. What information does the juror give Brown in Chapter 12?
5. Why is the courtroom watching a color film at the beginning of Chapter 15?
6. How does Brown describe Charlies's girls?
7. What claims does Brown make about Zanzibar's murder?
8. What does Fernando Sumaya tell the court in his testimony?
9. Why does Brown think that Gilbert has no right to question him about Mexico?
10. What problems occur on the first day of the St. Basil Thirteen hearing?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the politics of the sixties change America? How does Acosta express these changes in his book?
Essay Topic 2
What were the lives of Mexicans like in America before the Chicano Movement existed? How did the Chicano Movement change life for Mexicans in America?
Essay Topic 3
How does Acosta present himself in the book? Why does he present himself in this way? Is it an accurate representation?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)