|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was one of Brown's bodyguards?
2. Which position does Brown seek?
3. Which member of St. Basil's church testifies in court the day after Brown was arrested?
4. What does Brown give as his occupation?
5. Brown says he objects to ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What victory has Brown won at the end of Chapter 16?
2. How does Brown describe Charles Manson?
3. Why does Brown think it is a good idea for him to write a book?
4. How was Zanzibar killed?
5. What information does the juror give Brown in Chapter 12?
6. What tragedy does Brown find out has happened in Los Angeles while he has been in Mexico?
7. What role does Brown play in the UCLA rally?
8. According to Brown, why does he like Roland Zanzibar?
9. What is the eventual outcome of the trial in Chapter 12?
10. What does Brown do at the nightclub in Mexico?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Look at the generation gap between the younger and the older characters. What different experiences do both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is the generational gap expressed in the book particularly wide during this time, or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
Essay Topic 2
What evidence suggests the police could have killed Fernandez? How will it affect the Chicano Movement if the police are found guilty of murder?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Brown's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to who he is at the end.
1) What did Brown hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2) What events change Brown's ideas about life?
3) How has Brown's character changed by the end of the book?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)