|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was one of Brown's bodyguards?
2. Why are spectators cleared from the court during the St. Basil trial?
3. Why do the St. Basil Twenty One have a special room?
4. What is the name of the juror who provided Brown with information?
5. Which two characters meet Brown at the Los Angeles airport?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brown start to find connections among Hollywood's elite?
2. Why does Brown think it is a good idea for him to write a book?
3. What problems occur on the first day of the St. Basil Thirteen hearing?
4. How does Brown describe Charlies's girls?
5. How was Zanzibar killed?
6. What does Brown do at the nightclub in Mexico?
7. Why does the judge have both Brown and the defendants arrested in this section?
8. What victory has Brown won at the end of Chapter 16?
9. How does Brown describe Charles Manson?
10. Who is Cesar Chavez?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine each person's importance to the Chicano Movement: Brown, Gilbert, Zanzibar, and Corky.
Essay Topic 2
Look at the generation gap between the younger and the older characters. What different experiences do both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is the generational gap expressed in the book particularly wide during this time, or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
Essay Topic 3
What were Nixon's views on the Chicano Movement? What effect did his election to President have on the movement?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)