|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of meeting does Brown hold in Chapter 16?
2. What riot are Brown and the others watching at the beginning of Chapter 15?
3. According to Brown, what has made him enemies?
4. What religion does Brown say was imposed on the Mexicans?
5. According to Brown, with whom were the Basil Twenty One trying to secure an audience?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Cesar Chavez?
2. Why does the judge have both Brown and the defendants arrested in this section?
3. What does Brown do at the nightclub in Mexico?
4. How do the Charles Manson supporters think their case is the same as the Brown's case?
5. What does Brown promise to do after the trial in Chapter 15?
6. Why does Brown think that Gilbert has no right to question him about Mexico?
7. What claims does Brown make about Zanzibar's murder?
8. What problems does Brown say he has with Grand Juries?
9. What problems occur on the first day of the St. Basil Thirteen hearing?
10. Why is the courtroom watching a color film at the beginning of Chapter 15?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How does Acosta present himself in the book? Why does he present himself in this way? Is it an accurate representation?
Essay Topic 2
What were Bobby Kennedy's views on the Chicano Movement? What effect did his death have on the movement? How would the movement have developed if Kennedy had been elected President?
Essay Topic 3
What evidence suggests the police could have killed Fernandez? How will it affect the Chicano Movement if the police are found guilty of murder?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)