|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brown talk to Zanzibar?
2. Brown decided that he didn't want to attend the demonstration in August because ___________________.
3. Whose arrest does the judge order in this section?
4. Who does Brown learn has died in this section?
5. What is the name of the juror who provided Brown with information?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brown do at the nightclub in Mexico?
2. What problems is Brown having with the police while in Mexico?
3. What problems occur on the first day of the St. Basil Thirteen hearing?
4. Why does the judge have both Brown and the defendants arrested in this section?
5. How was Zanzibar killed?
6. What information does the juror give Brown in Chapter 12?
7. How does Brown start to find connections among Hollywood's elite?
8. What does Brown say in his closing speech in Chapter 12?
9. What victory has Brown won at the end of Chapter 16?
10. Describe Brown's time at the New County jail at the end of the section.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the lives of Mexicans like in America before the Chicano Movement existed? How did the Chicano Movement change life for Mexicans in America?
Essay Topic 2
Who were the Chicano militant leaders? What were their role in the Chicano Movement? How does Acosta represent each one in the book? How do these representations contribute to the book's overall meaning?
Essay Topic 3
What were Nixon's views on the Chicano Movement? What effect did his election to President have on the movement?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)