|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The police spray the Chicanos with ____________.
2. What name does Brown take for himself?
3. According to the police, by what means did Robert die?
4. How did Brown travel to Los Angeles?
5. What kind of cocktails do Brown and Gilbert make after the hearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the group find when they walk into the parking lot?
2. Why do Robert family refuse to believe that Robert hanged himself?
3. How does the author describe the area surrounding St. Basil's church?
4. How does Manny claim racism has stopped him from becoming famous?
5. What does Brown do after Robert's hearing?
6. What problems do the Chicano Militants have at the beginning of Chapter 5?
7. Describe the demonstration.
8. What does Brown arrange at the coroner's office?
9. How does Brown deal with the situation after the police have made their arrests?
10. What problems do Brown and the law students cause Cardinal McIntyre in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In what way could the Grand Jury be seen as racist? How can Brown use this accusation against them? How has the Supreme Court tried to counter racism?
Essay Topic 2
What were Bobby Kennedy's views on the Chicano Movement? What effect did his death have on the movement? How would the movement have developed if Kennedy had been elected President?
Essay Topic 3
What were Nixon's views on the Chicano Movement? What effect did his election to President have on the movement?
This section contains 712 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)