|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Brown say he wants to go to write?
2. In which Los Angeles park does Brown's sister live?
3. What are Brown and the group doing around a lake near Edwards AFB?
4. What does Brown say the East Angeles Thirteen were speaking out against?
5. What is the jury's ruling on Robert's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brown arrange at the coroner's office?
2. Describe the demonstration.
3. How does Brown become part of the Chicano Militant group?
4. What problems do Brown and the law students cause Cardinal McIntyre in this section?
5. What does the prisoner testify about the blankets?
6. What are the results of Robert's autopsy?
7. Why do Robert family refuse to believe that Robert hanged himself?
8. What does Brown do after Robert's hearing?
9. Why do the Chicano groups not support the militants' attack on St. Basil's church?
10. Why does the court issue a restraining order against the East LA Thirteen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the values of the 1960s. In what ways are the characters a product of their time? How does the book express the changes America was going through at the time?
Essay Topic 3
What were the lives of Mexicans like in America before the Chicano Movement existed? How did the Chicano Movement change life for Mexicans in America?
This section contains 747 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)