|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What store do Brown and the others talk about bombing?
2. What was the name of the hotel Brown first checked into when he arrived in Los Angeles?
3. Which of the following people do Brown and the others talk about killing?
4. What does Brown say the East Angeles Thirteen were speaking out against?
5. Gilbert wants Brown to write for which newspaper?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Brown and the others decide to avenge Robert's death?
2. What role does Brown play in the UCLA rally?
3. How do the leaders find a way into the church?
4. What are the Militants' plans to avenge the authorities in this section?
5. How was Zanzibar killed?
6. How does Brown become part of the Chicano Militant group?
7. What does Fernando Sumaya tell the court in his testimony?
8. What problems does Bobby Kennedy's death cause the Chicano militants?
9. What problems do Brown and the law students cause Cardinal McIntyre in this section?
10. Why does the mayor want to talk to Brown and the East Los Angeles Group?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who were the Chicano militant leaders? What were their role in the Chicano Movement? How does Acosta represent each one in the book? How do these representations contribute to the book's overall meaning?
Essay Topic 2
How did the politics of the sixties change America? How does Acosta express these changes in his book?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the generation gap between the younger and the older characters. What different experiences do both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is the generational gap expressed in the book particularly wide during this time, or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
This section contains 1,312 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)