|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the square the group go to for a rally?
2. What does Brown say the East Angeles Thirteen were speaking out against?
3. What does Mickey de Silva claim he was doing while Robert was dying?
4. Whom do the Militants receive telegrams of support from in this section?
5. What does Brown want his journalist friend to do for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the results of Robert's autopsy?
2. Why did the police arrest Robert Fernandez?
3. What agreement does Brown make with Gilbert in this section?
4. What problems does Bobby Kennedy's death cause the Chicano militants?
5. How did Robert Fernandez reportedly die?
6. What plans does Brown make in Chapter 4?
7. What problems do the Chicano Militants have at the beginning of Chapter 5?
8. Describe the meeting between Brown and the Chicano Militants in this section?
9. What does Brown do after Robert's hearing?
10. How does Brown deal with the situation after the police have made their arrests?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What evidence suggests the police could have killed Fernandez? How will it affect the Chicano Movement if the police are found guilty of murder?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following trials and examine how its outcome affected the Chicano Movement: The Tooner Flats Seven,The St. Basil Twenty One, and The East Los Angeles Thirteen.
Essay Topic 3
How did the politics of the sixties change America? How does Acosta express these changes in his book?
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)