Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Brown think will now win the elections?
2. What is the jury's ruling on Robert's death?
3. What does Brown find unacceptable about Dave?
4. Why does Brown think the arrests are politically motivated?
5. How is Dave related to Brown?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the police arrest Robert Fernandez?
2. What agreement does Brown make with Gilbert in this section?
3. How does Brown deal with the situation after the police have made their arrests?
4. What does Brown tell Zanzibar in his interview?
5. What does Brown arrange at the coroner's office?
6. What does the group find when they walk into the parking lot?
7. How does the group respond to the bomb blast at the courthouse?
8. Why does Brown think that Gilbert has no right to question him about Mexico?
9. What does Brown do at the nightclub in Mexico?
10. What does Mickey De Silva say he remembers about the night Robert supposedly hanged himself?
Essay Topic 1
Why did Brown want to become a criminal lawyer? What are Brown's strengths and weaknesses as a lawyer?
Essay Topic 2
In what way could the Grand Jury be seen as racist? How can Brown use this accusation against them? How has the Supreme Court tried to counter racism?
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does this have on the story?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)