|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the hotel Brown first checked into when he arrived in Los Angeles?
2. Where does Brown's journalist friend live?
3. On what day do the students hold the protest at St. Basil's?
4. What does Brown do while Gilbert and Pelon bomb the store?
5. What are Brown and the group doing around a lake near Edwards AFB?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Bobby Kennedy's death cause the Chicano militants?
2. Why do Robert family refuse to believe that Robert hanged himself?
3. What does the prisoner testify about the blankets?
4. What does Brown do after Robert's hearing?
5. What does Brown say inspired him to practice criminal law?
6. Why does Brown decide to move away from his sister?
7. What problems do Brown and the law students cause Cardinal McIntyre in this section?
8. Why did the police arrest Robert Fernandez?
9. What problems do the Chicano Militants have at the beginning of Chapter 5?
10. How does the author describe the area surrounding St. Basil's church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who were the Chicano militant leaders? What were their role in the Chicano Movement? How does Acosta represent each one in the book? How do these representations contribute to the book's overall meaning?
Essay Topic 2
In what way could the Grand Jury be seen as racist? How can Brown use this accusation against them? How has the Supreme Court tried to counter racism?
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)