|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Brown travel to meet Cesar Chavez?
2. What name does Brown say he will give if the police catch him?
3. What does Brown do while Gilbert and Pelon bomb the store?
4. Why does Brown not want to represent the militants?
5. Brown decides that he is not looking for what kind of lifestyle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Robert family refuse to believe that Robert hanged himself?
2. What does Brown do after Robert's hearing?
3. What problems does Bobby Kennedy's death cause the Chicano militants?
4. What problems do Brown and the law students cause Cardinal McIntyre in this section?
5. Why did the police arrest Robert Fernandez?
6. What does Brown say inspired him to practice criminal law?
7. What does the prisoner testify about the blankets?
8. What agreement does Brown make with Gilbert in this section?
9. What is Brown's role in the march in support of the East Los Angeles Thirteen?
10. How do the leaders find a way into the church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were Bobby Kennedy's views on the Chicano Movement? What effect did his death have on the movement? How would the movement have developed if Kennedy had been elected President?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Brown's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to who he is at the end.
1) What did Brown hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2) What events change Brown's ideas about life?
3) How has Brown's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following trials and examine how its outcome affected the Chicano Movement: The Tooner Flats Seven,The St. Basil Twenty One, and The East Los Angeles Thirteen.
This section contains 812 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)