|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the police, by what means did Robert die?
2. In which part of Los Angeles do the Chicano Militants live?
3. Where does Brown say he wants to go to write?
4. What is the name of the coroner?
5. Where does the group hold a demonstration at the end of this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Brown decide to move away from his sister?
2. What plans does Brown make in Chapter 4?
3. Why do Robert family refuse to believe that Robert hanged himself?
4. Describe the meeting between Brown and the Chicano Militants in this section?
5. What does Brown say inspired him to practice criminal law?
6. How does Manny claim racism has stopped him from becoming famous?
7. How do the leaders find a way into the church?
8. Why does the court issue a restraining order against the East LA Thirteen?
9. What does Mickey De Silva say he remembers about the night Robert supposedly hanged himself?
10. How did Robert Fernandez reportedly die?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the values of the 1960s. In what ways are the characters a product of their time? How does the book express the changes America was going through at the time?
Essay Topic 2
What evidence suggests the police could have killed Fernandez? How will it affect the Chicano Movement if the police are found guilty of murder?
Essay Topic 3
In what way could the Chicano Movement be described as a terrorist group? In what way have the police and society forced them to become such a group? What comment does this make about terrorist groups in general?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)