|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Robert's cell mate?
2. What are the Chicanos chanting outside the sound proof door?
3. Whom do the Militants receive telegrams of support from in this section?
4. The mayor says he wants the group to ______________.
5. Which of the following are outside the Glass House to support the Chicano Millitants?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the prisoner testify about the blankets?
2. What does the group find when they walk into the parking lot?
3. What is Brown's role in the march in support of the East Los Angeles Thirteen?
4. Why do Robert family refuse to believe that Robert hanged himself?
5. How do the leaders find a way into the church?
6. What does Mickey De Silva say he remembers about the night Robert supposedly hanged himself?
7. What problems do the Chicano Militants have at the beginning of Chapter 5?
8. What agreement does Brown make with Gilbert in this section?
9. How does Brown become part of the Chicano Militant group?
10. What problems does Bobby Kennedy's death cause the Chicano militants?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the politics of the sixties change America? How does Acosta express these changes in his book?
Essay Topic 2
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does this have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the generation gap between the younger and the older characters. What different experiences do both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is the generational gap expressed in the book particularly wide during this time, or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)