|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what day do the students hold the protest at St. Basil's?
2. What was the name of the hotel Brown first checked into when he arrived in Los Angeles?
3. The police spray the Chicanos with ____________.
4. What does the prisoner testify about Fernandez's blanket?
5. Who donates ten thousand dollars to the Chicano Group?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems does Bobby Kennedy's death cause the Chicano militants?
2. How do the leaders find a way into the church?
3. Why does the mayor want to talk to Brown and the East Los Angeles Group?
4. How does the author describe the area surrounding St. Basil's church?
5. What agreement does Brown make with Gilbert in this section?
6. What does Brown do after Robert's hearing?
7. What are the results of Robert's autopsy?
8. Describe the demonstration.
9. How did Robert Fernandez reportedly die?
10. Why is the Belmont hotel a place for Brown to live?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does a movement such as the Chicano Movement need to make itself heard? Did the Chicano Movement do enough to make the public aware of them? What more could they have done?
Essay Topic 2
Look at the generation gap between the younger and the older characters. What different experiences do both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is the generational gap expressed in the book particularly wide during this time, or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
Essay Topic 3
What evidence suggests the police could have killed Fernandez? How will it affect the Chicano Movement if the police are found guilty of murder?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)