|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Brown say he wants to go to write?
2. What is the name of the coroner?
3. Why does Brown not want to represent the militants?
4. What is the name of the church the three hundred Chicanos have gathered around?
5. Who fires Cardinal McIntyre at the end of this section?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems do Brown and the law students cause Cardinal McIntyre in this section?
2. What does Brown say inspired him to practice criminal law?
3. What does Mickey De Silva say he remembers about the night Robert supposedly hanged himself?
4. How do the leaders find a way into the church?
5. How does Brown deal with the situation after the police have made their arrests?
6. What problems do the Chicano Militants have at the beginning of Chapter 5?
7. Why does the court issue a restraining order against the East LA Thirteen?
8. Why did the police arrest Robert Fernandez?
9. What agreement does Brown make with Gilbert in this section?
10. How does the author describe the area surrounding St. Basil's church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What evidence suggests the police could have killed Fernandez? How will it affect the Chicano Movement if the police are found guilty of murder?
Essay Topic 2
What were Bobby Kennedy's views on the Chicano Movement? What effect did his death have on the movement? How would the movement have developed if Kennedy had been elected President?
Essay Topic 3
Look at the generation gap between the younger and the older characters. What different experiences do both generations go through? What problems is the generation gap causing the characters? Is the generational gap expressed in the book particularly wide during this time, or is a wide generational gap common to all ages?
This section contains 758 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)