|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brown not want to represent the militants?
2. Where does the group hold a demonstration at the end of this section?
3. What does the prisoner testify about Fernandez's blanket?
4. What does the church office tell Brown on the phone?
5. Whom does Brown tell to call a meeting for that evening?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do the Chicano groups not support the militants' attack on St. Basil's church?
2. What are the Militants' plans to avenge the authorities in this section?
3. What does the group find when they walk into the parking lot?
4. Describe the demonstration.
5. Why does the court issue a restraining order against the East LA Thirteen?
6. What victory has Brown won at the end of Chapter 16?
7. Why does Brown decide against giving a closing argument?
8. What is Brown's role in the march in support of the East Los Angeles Thirteen?
9. What claims does Brown make about Zanzibar's murder?
10. How do the leaders find a way into the church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the values of the 1960s. In what ways are the characters a product of their time? How does the book express the changes America was going through at the time?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following trials and examine how its outcome affected the Chicano Movement: The Tooner Flats Seven,The St. Basil Twenty One, and The East Los Angeles Thirteen.
Essay Topic 3
What were the lives of Mexicans like in America before the Chicano Movement existed? How did the Chicano Movement change life for Mexicans in America?
This section contains 1,320 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)