|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave do for a living?
2. What does Mickey de Silva claim he was doing while Robert was dying?
3. What is the group tense about?
4. What does the church office tell Brown on the phone?
5. With what are thirteen of the Chicano Militants being charged?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Brown and the others decide to avenge Robert's death?
2. Why do Robert family refuse to believe that Robert hanged himself?
3. Why does the court issue a restraining order against the East LA Thirteen?
4. What does Brown tell Zanzibar in his interview?
5. How does Brown become part of the Chicano Militant group?
6. How does Brown deal with the situation after the police have made their arrests?
7. How does the author describe the area surrounding St. Basil's church?
8. What problems does Brown say he has with Grand Juries?
9. Why did the police arrest Robert Fernandez?
10. Why do the Chicano groups not support the militants' attack on St. Basil's church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What does a movement such as the Chicano Movement need to make itself heard? Did the Chicano Movement do enough to make the public aware of them? What more could they have done?
Essay Topic 2
Examine each person's importance to the Chicano Movement: Brown, Gilbert, Zanzibar, and Corky.
Essay Topic 3
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does this have on the story?
This section contains 1,327 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)