Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Brown think will now win the elections?
2. What is the jury's ruling on Robert's death?
3. What does Brown find unacceptable about Dave?
4. Why does Brown think the arrests are politically motivated?
5. How is Dave related to Brown?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the police arrest Robert Fernandez?
2. What agreement does Brown make with Gilbert in this section?
3. How does Brown deal with the situation after the police have made their arrests?
4. What does Brown tell Zanzibar in his interview?
5. What does Brown arrange at the coroner's office?
6. What does the group find when they walk into the parking lot?
7. How does the group respond to the bomb blast at the courthouse?
8. Why does Brown think that Gilbert has no right to question him about Mexico?
9. What does Brown do at the nightclub in Mexico?
10. What does Mickey De Silva say he remembers about the night Robert supposedly hanged himself?
Essay Topic 1
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 2
Examine each person's importance to the Chicano Movement: Brown, Gilbert, Zanzibar, and Corky.
Essay Topic 3
Who were the Chicano militant leaders? What were their role in the Chicano Movement? How does Acosta represent each one in the book? How do these representations contribute to the book's overall meaning?
This section contains 1,324 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)