|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the result of Robert Fernandez's autopsy?
2. What store do Brown and the others talk about bombing?
3. What words did Robert shout out to the police when they came to arrest him?
4. What does Brown say he considers as part of his cultural heritage?
5. With which of the following people does Brown live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brown become part of the Chicano Militant group?
2. What does Brown arrange at the coroner's office?
3. What does the group find when they walk into the parking lot?
4. Why do Robert family refuse to believe that Robert hanged himself?
5. Why is the Belmont hotel a place for Brown to live?
6. What agreement does Brown make with Gilbert in this section?
7. What is Brown's role in the march in support of the East Los Angeles Thirteen?
8. Why does the court issue a restraining order against the East LA Thirteen?
9. How does the author describe the area surrounding St. Basil's church?
10. What plans does Brown make in Chapter 4?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did Brown want to become a criminal lawyer? What are Brown's strengths and weaknesses as a lawyer?
Essay Topic 2
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
Essay Topic 3
Why do the students think Brown chooses the cockroach to describe his own people? Why do groups, in general, use such derogatory terms in reference to themselves?
This section contains 756 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)