|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the politician who is killed in this section?
2. Where do Gilbert and Brown plan to meet before the strike?
3. What are Brown and the group doing around a lake near Edwards AFB?
4. What does Dave do for a living?
5. What is the result of Robert Fernandez's autopsy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mickey De Silva say he remembers about the night Robert supposedly hanged himself?
2. How does Brown become part of the Chicano Militant group?
3. What plans does Brown make in Chapter 4?
4. Why do the Chicano groups not support the militants' attack on St. Basil's church?
5. What problems do the Chicano Militants have at the beginning of Chapter 5?
6. Describe the demonstration.
7. Why do Robert family refuse to believe that Robert hanged himself?
8. Why is the Belmont hotel a place for Brown to live?
9. What does Brown do after Robert's hearing?
10. How do the leaders find a way into the church?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were Bobby Kennedy's views on the Chicano Movement? What effect did his death have on the movement? How would the movement have developed if Kennedy had been elected President?
Essay Topic 2
Compare Brown's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to who he is at the end.
1) What did Brown hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2) What events change Brown's ideas about life?
3) How has Brown's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 3
In what way could the Chicano Movement be described as a terrorist group? In what way have the police and society forced them to become such a group? What comment does this make about terrorist groups in general?
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)