|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Brown think will now win the elections?
2. What is the jury's ruling on Robert's death?
3. What does Brown find unacceptable about Dave?
4. Why does Brown think the arrests are politically motivated?
5. How is Dave related to Brown?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the police arrest Robert Fernandez?
2. What agreement does Brown make with Gilbert in this section?
3. How does Brown deal with the situation after the police have made their arrests?
4. What does Brown tell Zanzibar in his interview?
5. What does Brown arrange at the coroner's office?
6. What does the group find when they walk into the parking lot?
7. How does the group respond to the bomb blast at the courthouse?
8. Why does Brown think that Gilbert has no right to question him about Mexico?
9. What does Brown do at the nightclub in Mexico?
10. What does Mickey De Silva say he remembers about the night Robert supposedly hanged himself?
Essay Topic 1
Compare Brown's character to the person he was at the beginning of the book to who he is at the end.
1) What did Brown hope to achieve at the beginning of the book?
2) What events change Brown's ideas about life?
3) How has Brown's character changed by the end of the book?
Essay Topic 2
What were Nixon's views on the Chicano Movement? What effect did his election to President have on the movement?
Essay Topic 3
What does a movement such as the Chicano Movement need to make itself heard? Did the Chicano Movement do enough to make the public aware of them? What more could they have done?
This section contains 1,324 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)