|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Robert's cell mate?
2. Who donates ten thousand dollars to the Chicano Group?
3. What is the group tense about?
4. Whom did Brown meet after he had been in Los Angeles for three months?
5. What does Brown say the East Angeles Thirteen were speaking out against?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Brown's role in the march in support of the East Los Angeles Thirteen?
2. What does the prisoner testify about the blankets?
3. How does Brown become part of the Chicano Militant group?
4. How does Brown deal with the situation after the police have made their arrests?
5. How did Robert Fernandez reportedly die?
6. What does Mickey De Silva say he remembers about the night Robert supposedly hanged himself?
7. How does Manny claim racism has stopped him from becoming famous?
8. What agreement does Brown make with Gilbert in this section?
9. How do the leaders find a way into the church?
10. What does Brown arrange at the coroner's office?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were Nixon's views on the Chicano Movement? What effect did his election to President have on the movement?
Essay Topic 2
What were the lives of Mexicans like in America before the Chicano Movement existed? How did the Chicano Movement change life for Mexicans in America?
Essay Topic 3
How does Acosta present himself in the book? Why does he present himself in this way? Is it an accurate representation?
This section contains 743 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)