|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which Los Angeles park does Brown's sister live?
2. Whom did Brown meet after he had been in Los Angeles for three months?
3. What name does Brown say he will give if the police catch him?
4. Who is Brown's Chicano Legal Defense funded by?
5. What kind of target does Brown say they need to find?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Brown, why does he like Roland Zanzibar?
2. What problems is Brown having with the police while in Mexico?
3. Describe Brown's time at the New County jail at the end of the section.
4. What does the group find when they walk into the parking lot?
5. What role does Brown play in the UCLA rally?
6. What victory has Brown won at the end of Chapter 16?
7. Who is Cesar Chavez?
8. Why does the court issue a restraining order against the East LA Thirteen?
9. How does Brown describe Charlies's girls?
10. Summarize the novel.
Essay Topic 1
What were Nixon's views on the Chicano Movement? What effect did his election to President have on the movement?
Essay Topic 2
Examine each person's importance to the Chicano Movement: Brown, Gilbert, Zanzibar, and Corky.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 1,255 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)