|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What words did Robert shout out to the police when they came to arrest him?
2. What does Gloria use to attack the altar?
3. In what kind of church do the the Militants have their offices?
4. What does Brown vow to do after Robert's hearing?
5. Where does Brown say he wants to go to write?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brown deal with the situation after the police have made their arrests?
2. What does Mickey De Silva say he remembers about the night Robert supposedly hanged himself?
3. Why do the Chicano groups not support the militants' attack on St. Basil's church?
4. What does Brown say inspired him to practice criminal law?
5. How does Brown become part of the Chicano Militant group?
6. How does Manny claim racism has stopped him from becoming famous?
7. Why do Robert family refuse to believe that Robert hanged himself?
8. What are the results of Robert's autopsy?
9. Why does Brown decide to move away from his sister?
10. Why does the court issue a restraining order against the East LA Thirteen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who were the Chicano militant leaders? What were their role in the Chicano Movement? How does Acosta represent each one in the book? How do these representations contribute to the book's overall meaning?
Essay Topic 2
What were Nixon's views on the Chicano Movement? What effect did his election to President have on the movement?
Essay Topic 3
Why do the students think Brown chooses the cockroach to describe his own people? Why do groups, in general, use such derogatory terms in reference to themselves?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)