|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What store do Brown and the others talk about bombing?
2. What does Dave do for a living?
3. What was Robert's condition before the police killed him?
4. Which of the following are outside the Glass House to support the Chicano Millitants?
5. What are the Chicanos chanting outside the sound proof door?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Brown's role in the march in support of the East Los Angeles Thirteen?
2. How do the leaders find a way into the church?
3. Why is the Belmont hotel a place for Brown to live?
4. Why do the Chicano groups not support the militants' attack on St. Basil's church?
5. How does the author describe the area surrounding St. Basil's church?
6. What plans does Brown make in Chapter 4?
7. How did Robert Fernandez reportedly die?
8. How does Brown become part of the Chicano Militant group?
9. Why does Brown decide to move away from his sister?
10. What are the results of Robert's autopsy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following trials and examine how its outcome affected the Chicano Movement: The Tooner Flats Seven,The St. Basil Twenty One, and The East Los Angeles Thirteen.
Essay Topic 2
What were the lives of Mexicans like in America before the Chicano Movement existed? How did the Chicano Movement change life for Mexicans in America?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the values of the 1960s. In what ways are the characters a product of their time? How does the book express the changes America was going through at the time?
This section contains 804 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)