|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Robert's sister buy for him before he died?
2. What does the usher mouth through the sound proof glass?
3. What kind of target does Brown say they need to find?
4. What is the name of the church the three hundred Chicanos have gathered around?
5. With which of the following people does Brown live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brown become part of the Chicano Militant group?
2. How does Brown deal with the situation after the police have made their arrests?
3. Describe the meeting between Brown and the Chicano Militants in this section?
4. How does Manny claim racism has stopped him from becoming famous?
5. Why does Brown decide to move away from his sister?
6. Why is the Belmont hotel a place for Brown to live?
7. What are the results of Robert's autopsy?
8. What does the group find when they walk into the parking lot?
9. What problems do the Chicano Militants have at the beginning of Chapter 5?
10. Why does the court issue a restraining order against the East LA Thirteen?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were Bobby Kennedy's views on the Chicano Movement? What effect did his death have on the movement? How would the movement have developed if Kennedy had been elected President?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one of the following trials and examine how its outcome affected the Chicano Movement: The Tooner Flats Seven,The St. Basil Twenty One, and The East Los Angeles Thirteen.
Essay Topic 3
Examine the author's writing style. How would you describe the author's prose style? What kind of vocabulary does he use? What meaning does the author's style give to the story?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)