|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave do for a living?
2. According to Brown, who was picketing the Safeway store?
3. For which newspaper does Brown say he is researching an article?
4. What does Brown find unacceptable about Dave?
5. What does the church office tell Brown on the phone?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the court issue a restraining order against the East LA Thirteen?
2. What does Mickey De Silva say he remembers about the night Robert supposedly hanged himself?
3. What plans does Brown make in Chapter 4?
4. What does Brown arrange at the coroner's office?
5. What does the prisoner testify about the blankets?
6. How did Robert Fernandez reportedly die?
7. What is Brown's role in the march in support of the East Los Angeles Thirteen?
8. Why does the mayor want to talk to Brown and the East Los Angeles Group?
9. What does the group find when they walk into the parking lot?
10. What problems does Bobby Kennedy's death cause the Chicano militants?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following trials and examine how its outcome affected the Chicano Movement: The Tooner Flats Seven,The St. Basil Twenty One, and The East Los Angeles Thirteen.
Essay Topic 2
What were Bobby Kennedy's views on the Chicano Movement? What effect did his death have on the movement? How would the movement have developed if Kennedy had been elected President?
Essay Topic 3
What does a movement such as the Chicano Movement need to make itself heard? Did the Chicano Movement do enough to make the public aware of them? What more could they have done?
This section contains 807 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)