|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of cocktails do Brown and Gilbert make after the hearing?
2. What does Brown say the East Angeles Thirteen were speaking out against?
3. In which Los Angeles park does Brown's sister live?
4. What did Robert's sister buy for him before he died?
5. The police spray the Chicanos with ____________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the results of Robert's autopsy?
2. How does Manny claim racism has stopped him from becoming famous?
3. Why did the police arrest Robert Fernandez?
4. How did Robert Fernandez reportedly die?
5. Describe the demonstration.
6. How do the leaders find a way into the church?
7. What plans does Brown make in Chapter 4?
8. What does the prisoner testify about the blankets?
9. How does the author describe the area surrounding St. Basil's church?
10. Why does Brown decide to move away from his sister?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What evidence suggests the police could have killed Fernandez? How will it affect the Chicano Movement if the police are found guilty of murder?
Essay Topic 2
What were Nixon's views on the Chicano Movement? What effect did his election to President have on the movement?
Essay Topic 3
What were Bobby Kennedy's views on the Chicano Movement? What effect did his death have on the movement? How would the movement have developed if Kennedy had been elected President?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)