|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Brown's Chicano Legal Defense funded by?
2. What does Brown say he considers as part of his cultural heritage?
3. Why does Brown think the arrests are politically motivated?
4. What does Brown find unacceptable about Dave?
5. How is Dave related to Brown?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Manny claim racism has stopped him from becoming famous?
2. What does Brown do after Robert's hearing?
3. Describe the meeting between Brown and the Chicano Militants in this section?
4. What does Brown say inspired him to practice criminal law?
5. What problems does Bobby Kennedy's death cause the Chicano militants?
6. Why is the Belmont hotel a place for Brown to live?
7. Why did the police arrest Robert Fernandez?
8. Why does Brown decide to move away from his sister?
9. What does the group find when they walk into the parking lot?
10. What problems do Brown and the law students cause Cardinal McIntyre in this section?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were the lives of Mexicans like in America before the Chicano Movement existed? How did the Chicano Movement change life for Mexicans in America?
Essay Topic 2
What does a movement such as the Chicano Movement need to make itself heard? Did the Chicano Movement do enough to make the public aware of them? What more could they have done?
Essay Topic 3
Why did Brown want to become a criminal lawyer? What are Brown's strengths and weaknesses as a lawyer?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)