|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brown do while Gilbert and Pelon bomb the store?
2. What is the name of Brown's journalist friend?
3. What is the name of the square the group go to for a rally?
4. What does Gloria use to attack the altar?
5. Robert told his mother that he had been arrested for __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Manny claim racism has stopped him from becoming famous?
2. How did Robert Fernandez reportedly die?
3. Why does the mayor want to talk to Brown and the East Los Angeles Group?
4. Why do the Chicano groups not support the militants' attack on St. Basil's church?
5. What does Brown do after Robert's hearing?
6. How does the author describe the area surrounding St. Basil's church?
7. What plans does Brown make in Chapter 4?
8. What does the group find when they walk into the parking lot?
9. What problems do Brown and the law students cause Cardinal McIntyre in this section?
10. What does Mickey De Silva say he remembers about the night Robert supposedly hanged himself?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were Nixon's views on the Chicano Movement? What effect did his election to President have on the movement?
Essay Topic 2
Aside from the main character, examine the way the author uses the other characters in the book. When does he introduce and take them away from the story? What effect does this have on the story?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one of the following trials and examine how its outcome affected the Chicano Movement: The Tooner Flats Seven,The St. Basil Twenty One, and The East Los Angeles Thirteen.
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)