|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Robert's sister buy for him before he died?
2. What is the name of the church the three hundred Chicanos have gathered around?
3. How does the owner get the group off his property?
4. At what kind of religious building does the group decide to hold a fast?
5. Why do the Militants start showing an interest in Brown?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did the police arrest Robert Fernandez?
2. Describe the meeting between Brown and the Chicano Militants in this section?
3. Why do Robert family refuse to believe that Robert hanged himself?
4. What does Mickey De Silva say he remembers about the night Robert supposedly hanged himself?
5. How does Manny claim racism has stopped him from becoming famous?
6. Why do the Chicano groups not support the militants' attack on St. Basil's church?
7. What problems do Brown and the law students cause Cardinal McIntyre in this section?
8. What does the group find when they walk into the parking lot?
9. What are the results of Robert's autopsy?
10. What does Brown arrange at the coroner's office?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Choose one of the following trials and examine how its outcome affected the Chicano Movement: The Tooner Flats Seven,The St. Basil Twenty One, and The East Los Angeles Thirteen.
Essay Topic 2
Pick a character from the book and discuss that character's goals and motives. Do they achieve their goals? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 3
What does a movement such as the Chicano Movement need to make itself heard? Did the Chicano Movement do enough to make the public aware of them? What more could they have done?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)