|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the hotel Brown first checked into when he arrived in Los Angeles?
2. Which of the following are outside the Glass House to support the Chicano Millitants?
3. Brown says the hotel was infested with _____________.
4. What does the prisoner testify about Fernandez's blanket?
5. What does the author say the Chicanos carry as weapons?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems do Brown and the law students cause Cardinal McIntyre in this section?
2. What does Brown tell Zanzibar in his interview?
3. What does Brown say in his closing speech in Chapter 12?
4. What are the Militants' plans to avenge the authorities in this section?
5. Why does Brown decide against giving a closing argument?
6. Summarize the novel.
7. What agreement does Brown make with Gilbert in this section?
8. What does Brown say inspired him to practice criminal law?
9. Why does the court issue a restraining order against the East LA Thirteen?
10. What problems is Brown having with the police while in Mexico?
Essay Topic 1
Pick a character from the book and discuss that character's goals and motives. Do they achieve their goals? Do they share similar goals and motives with other characters? Do their goals clash with other characters? How do the characters goals and motives affect their interaction with each other?
Essay Topic 2
How does Acosta present himself in the book? Why does he present himself in this way? Is it an accurate representation?
Essay Topic 3
How did the politics of the sixties change America? How does Acosta express these changes in his book?
This section contains 1,337 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)