|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are spectators cleared from the court during the St. Basil trial?
(a) To prevent the threat of violence.
(b) To help Brown to focus.
(c) So they don't prejudice the jury.
(d) So the trial can continue.
2. In Chapter 14, Brown finds out that ________________have been asking questions about him.
(a) The CIA.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The police.
(d) Undercover officers.
3. Brown decided that he didn't want to attend the demonstration in August because ___________________.
(a) He misses his family.
(b) He is tired of the whole scene.
(c) He no longer believes in what they are fighting for.
(d) He needs a recuperation period.
4. Brown says the Chicanos constitute _____________.
(a) A revolution.
(b) A suppressed race.
(c) A class of people.
(d) A chosen race.
5. What is the name of the undercover police officer at the trial?
(a) Fernando Sumaya.
(b) Joel Silver.
(c) Jose Ramirez.
(d) Dick Holtz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brown talk to Zanzibar?
2. Which two characters meet Brown at the Los Angeles airport?
3. Where do Brown and Zanzibar go after the interview?
4. Whom did the police alert about the possibility of trouble at the the church?
5. Why does the judge order Brown into custody for the second time?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Brown's time at the New County jail at the end of the section.
2. Why does Brown think that Gilbert has no right to question him about Mexico?
3. What victory has Brown won at the end of Chapter 16?
4. What information does the juror give Brown in Chapter 12?
5. What does Brown promise to do after the trial in Chapter 15?
6. How was Zanzibar killed?
7. What problems does Brown say he has with Grand Juries?
8. Why is the courtroom watching a color film at the beginning of Chapter 15?
9. How do the Charles Manson supporters think their case is the same as the Brown's case?
10. Why does Brown decide against giving a closing argument?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)