|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brown call a racist institution?
(a) The FBI.
(b) The Senate.
(c) The police.
(d) The Grand Jury.
2. What famous person is Brown introduced to in Chapter 12?
3. Why does Brown talk to Zanzibar?
(a) He feels he has a genuine interest in the case.
(b) He is easy to bribe.
(c) He needs someone on his side.
(d) They are old school friends.
4. Brown refers to the Chicanos as ___________.
(a) The Revolutionaries.
(b) The Militants.
(c) The Cockroach people.
(d) The Mini-Giants.
5. Brown files for a new trial for ___________.
(a) The Watts Rioter.
(b) The St. Basil Group.
(c) The Hollywood Revolutionaries.
(d) The East Los Angeles Thirteen.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Brown's claims, who ordered Zanzibar's murder?
2. Where does the undercover policeman testify about attending a meeting?
3. What does the undercover policeman say the group made plans for at Brown's home?
4. According to Brown, with whom were the Basil Twenty One trying to secure an audience?
5. For whom does Roland work?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brown promise to do after the trial in Chapter 15?
2. How do Brown and the others decide to avenge Robert's death?
3. What information does the juror give Brown in Chapter 12?
4. Why does Brown think that Gilbert has no right to question him about Mexico?
5. Why does Brown think it is a good idea for him to write a book?
6. Who is Cesar Chavez?
7. What problems does Brown say he has with Grand Juries?
8. What problems occur on the first day of the St. Basil Thirteen hearing?
9. What does Fernando Sumaya tell the court in his testimony?
10. Why is the courtroom watching a color film at the beginning of Chapter 15?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)