|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What famous person is Brown introduced to in Chapter 12?
2. What is the name of Brown's friend who tells him not to worry about the police?
3. What is the name of the juror who provided Brown with information?
(a) Jean Fisher.
(b) John Gordon.
(c) Denise Wright.
(d) Jane Kimber.
4. What promise does Brown make in Chapter 15 that he doesn't want to make?
(a) To do the accounts for the militants.
(b) To spend the next year in LA.
(c) To defend seven militants.
(d) To write Gilbert's biography.
5. According to Brown, what has made him enemies?
(a) His attitude toward the judge.
(b) His television appearances.
(c) His book deal.
(d) His run for sheriff.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the St. Basil Twenty One have a special room?
2. Why does the judge order Brown into custody for the second time?
3. Brown says the Chicanos constitute _____________.
4. What does Brown try to explain to the group they need as well as lawyers?
5. For which of the following crimes are the Tooner Flats Seven on trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brown promise to do after the trial in Chapter 15?
2. What tragedy does Brown find out has happened in Los Angeles while he has been in Mexico?
3. According to Brown, why does he like Roland Zanzibar?
4. What information does the juror give Brown in Chapter 12?
5. What claims does Brown make about Zanzibar's murder?
6. What problems occur on the first day of the St. Basil Thirteen hearing?
7. What victory has Brown won at the end of Chapter 16?
8. Why does the judge have both Brown and the defendants arrested in this section?
9. What does Brown do at the nightclub in Mexico?
10. What does Brown say in his closing speech in Chapter 12?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)