|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brown spend most of his time doing in Acapulco?
(d) Watching TV.
2. How does the crowd react to Brown's speech at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) They chant his name.
(b) They give him a standing ovation.
(c) They boo him.
(d) They leave in droves.
3. What is the name of the second policeman to testify?
(a) Jack Pardew.
(b) Tom Wilson.
(c) James Regal.
(d) Kevin Gilmore.
4. How do David and Brown know each other?
(a) Davis once sued Brown for libel.
(b) They were both teachers at UCLA.
(c) Brown once defended him.
(d) They both attended the same high school.
5. According to Brown, who landed in Mexico in the 1500s?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the judge order Brown into custody for the second time?
2. Who sings at the Chicano rally?
3. In which state were the student protesters killed?
4. What famous case did Judge Charles Older preside over?
5. Why does Brown say he is running for sheriff?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brown tell Zanzibar in his interview?
2. How do Brown and the others decide to avenge Robert's death?
3. What role does Brown play in the UCLA rally?
4. Who is Cesar Chavez?
5. Why does Brown think that Gilbert has no right to question him about Mexico?
6. What is the eventual outcome of the trial in Chapter 12?
7. What information does the juror give Brown in Chapter 12?
8. How was Zanzibar killed?
9. According to Brown, why does he like Roland Zanzibar?
10. Why is the courtroom watching a color film at the beginning of Chapter 15?
This section contains 731 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)