|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which member of his family did Brown stay with in Mexico?
(a) His aunt.
(b) His sister.
(c) His brother.
(d) His cousin.
2. What is Alfred Alacran's role in court?
(a) Court artist.
(d) Court usher.
3. What is the name of the second policeman to testify?
(a) Tom Wilson.
(b) Jack Pardew.
(c) Kevin Gilmore.
(d) James Regal.
4. For which of the following crimes are the Tooner Flats Seven on trial?
(d) Armed robbery.
5. According to Brown, with whom were the Basil Twenty One trying to secure an audience?
(a) The Senate.
(b) The President.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The Cardinal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of the bar where Zanzibar was killed?
2. What does Brown want to do after the trial?
3. Brown files for a new trial for ___________.
4. What does Brown give as his occupation?
5. What religion does Brown say was imposed on the Mexicans?
Short Essay Questions
1. What claims does Brown make about Zanzibar's murder?
2. What tragedy does Brown find out has happened in Los Angeles while he has been in Mexico?
3. What information does the juror give Brown in Chapter 12?
4. How do Brown and the others decide to avenge Robert's death?
5. What does Fernando Sumaya tell the court in his testimony?
6. Why is the courtroom watching a color film at the beginning of Chapter 15?
7. What problems is Brown having with the police while in Mexico?
8. Why does Brown think it is a good idea for him to write a book?
9. How was Zanzibar killed?
10. What does Brown say in his closing speech in Chapter 12?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)