|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does the author use to describe the names of the insurance companies?
2. What does Brown say the East Angeles Thirteen were speaking out against?
3. Whom did Brown meet after he had been in Los Angeles for three months?
4. In which part of Los Angeles do the Chicano Militants live?
(a) West Los Angeles.
(b) Central Los Angeles.
(c) North Los Angeles.
(d) East Los Angeles.
5. With which of the following people does Brown live?
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the police, by what means did Robert die?
2. What is the name of the Los Angles mayor?
3. Why do the Militants start showing an interest in Brown?
4. According to Brown, what kind of people populate the surrounding area?
5. What is the name of the square the group go to for a rally?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the mayor want to talk to Brown and the East Los Angeles Group?
2. Why do Robert family refuse to believe that Robert hanged himself?
3. How does the author describe the area surrounding St. Basil's church?
4. What does Brown say inspired him to practice criminal law?
5. What does Brown arrange at the coroner's office?
6. How does Brown become part of the Chicano Militant group?
7. What does Mickey De Silva say he remembers about the night Robert supposedly hanged himself?
8. What plans does Brown make in Chapter 4?
9. Why did the police arrest Robert Fernandez?
10. What does Brown do after Robert's hearing?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)