|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brown travel to meet Cesar Chavez?
(a) Jefferson County.
2. What does the usher mouth through the sound proof glass?
(a) No more room.
(b) Time to leave.
(c) Go home.
(d) This is for God's people.
3. What event was Manny considered a contender for in the 1952 Olympic Games?
(a) The shot put.
(b) The Javelin.
(c) The long jump.
(d) The high jump.
4. What does the author say the Chicanos carry as weapons?
(b) Wine glasses.
5. Where does the group hold a demonstration at the end of this section?
(a) Outside the funeral parlour.
(b) Outside the coroner's office.
(c) Outside the police station.
(d) Outside the Distric Attourney's office.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Brown's journalist friend live?
2. What is the group tense about?
3. The author says that he has been locked out like _____________.
4. What words did Robert shout out to the police when they came to arrest him?
5. What does Brown vow to do after Robert's hearing?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the court issue a restraining order against the East LA Thirteen?
2. What problems do the Chicano Militants have at the beginning of Chapter 5?
3. How does Brown deal with the situation after the police have made their arrests?
4. Why does the mayor want to talk to Brown and the East Los Angeles Group?
5. What does Brown do after Robert's hearing?
6. What does the prisoner testify about the blankets?
7. How does the author describe the area surrounding St. Basil's church?
8. What agreement does Brown make with Gilbert in this section?
9. How does Manny claim racism has stopped him from becoming famous?
10. What are the results of Robert's autopsy?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)