|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Brown and the group doing around a lake near Edwards AFB?
(a) Smoking dope.
(b) Catching animals.
(c) Practising their speeches.
(d) Drinking beer.
2. On what day do the students hold the protest at St. Basil's?
(b) Independence Day.
(c) Christmas Eve.
(d) Christmas Day.
3. What slang word does the author use to call the fifty police standing guard outside the church?
4. How did Brown travel to Los Angeles?
(a) By taxi.
(b) By train.
(c) By plane.
(d) By bus.
5. Which of the following people do Brown and the others talk about killing?
(d) De Silva.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Chicanos chanting outside the sound proof door?
2. Where do Gilbert and Brown plan to meet before the strike?
3. What is the name of the coroner?
4. Whom does Brown tell to call a meeting for that evening?
5. Robert told his mother that he had been arrested for __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the eventual outcome of the trial in Chapter 12?
2. What does Brown do after Robert's hearing?
3. Why does Brown decide to move away from his sister?
4. Why does the judge have both Brown and the defendants arrested in this section?
5. Summarize the novel.
6. What problems do Brown and the law students cause Cardinal McIntyre in this section?
7. What does the group find when they walk into the parking lot?
8. Who is Cesar Chavez?
9. How does Brown describe Charles Manson?
10. What problems is Brown having with the police while in Mexico?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)