|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the police threaten to do to Lupe when she asked them what happened?
(a) Arrest her.
(b) Frame her.
(c) Rape her.
(d) Hit her.
2. Why does Brown think the arrests are politically motivated?
(a) The Mexicans want to start a war.
(b) They occurred before the Presidential elections.
(c) The government wants to keep problems in Vietnam from the press.
(d) They occurred before the California Primaries.
3. How does the owner get the group off his property?
(a) He shoots at them.
(b) He throws stones at them.
(c) He screams fire.
(d) He threatens to call the police.
4. What does the church office tell Brown on the phone?
(a) They have crashed their bus.
(b) Three of their men have been arrested.
(c) They have set off on a demonstration.
(d) Th police have arrived.
5. Brown says the hotel was infested with _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the group tense about?
2. What does the usher mouth through the sound proof glass?
3. Where does Brown say he wants to go to write?
4. Where does Brown's journalist friend live?
5. According to Brown, who was picketing the Safeway store?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the mayor want to talk to Brown and the East Los Angeles Group?
2. Why is the Belmont hotel a place for Brown to live?
3. What does Mickey De Silva say he remembers about the night Robert supposedly hanged himself?
4. Why does the court issue a restraining order against the East LA Thirteen?
5. How did Robert Fernandez reportedly die?
6. What does Brown say inspired him to practice criminal law?
7. What problems do the Chicano Militants have at the beginning of Chapter 5?
8. What does the prisoner testify about the blankets?
9. How does Manny claim racism has stopped him from becoming famous?
10. What problems does Bobby Kennedy's death cause the Chicano militants?
This section contains 737 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)