|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Brown, what kind of people populate the surrounding area?
(a) Blue collar workers and single mothers.
(b) Tramps and prostitutes.
(c) Blacks and Hispanics.
(d) Lawyers and doctors.
2. What does Brown vow to do after Robert's hearing?
(a) Expose the police.
(b) Avenge Robert's death.
(c) Free the Chicanos.
(d) Leave America.
3. What do the Chicano Militants claim they are planning to stage?
(a) A riot.
(b) A march.
(c) A strike.
(d) A protest.
4. What does Brown find unacceptable about Dave?
(a) He does projects for the police.
(b) He doesn't want any children.
(c) He does projects for the military.
(d) He never visits the poor areas of the city.
5. What word does the author use to describe the names of the insurance companies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Brown's Chicano Legal Defense funded by?
2. What did the police threaten to do to Lupe when she asked them what happened?
3. The author says that he has been locked out like _____________.
4. Where does the group hold a demonstration at the end of this section?
5. What are the Chicanos chanting outside the sound proof door?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the meeting between Brown and the Chicano Militants in this section?
2. What does the prisoner testify about the blankets?
3. Why does the court issue a restraining order against the East LA Thirteen?
4. What plans does Brown make in Chapter 4?
5. How does Brown become part of the Chicano Militant group?
6. What does the group find when they walk into the parking lot?
7. What is Brown's role in the march in support of the East Los Angeles Thirteen?
8. How do the leaders find a way into the church?
9. Why do the Chicano groups not support the militants' attack on St. Basil's church?
10. How does the author describe the area surrounding St. Basil's church?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)