|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Armas tell his men to leave Brown?
(a) He is a lawyer.
(b) He is a spy.
(c) He is a religious man.
(d) He is a politician.
2. How did Brown travel to Los Angeles?
(a) By plane.
(b) By taxi.
(c) By bus.
(d) By train.
3. What slang word does the author use to call the fifty police standing guard outside the church?
4. Whom does Brown think will now win the elections?
5. Why do the Militants start showing an interest in Brown?
(a) He is friends with a prominent journalist.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He has a good knowledge of weapons.
(d) He has money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word does the author use to describe the names of the insurance companies?
2. How does the owner get the group off his property?
3. Why does Brown not want to represent the militants?
4. Where does Brown's journalist friend live?
5. According to the police, by what means did Robert die?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Brown start to find connections among Hollywood's elite?
2. What problems do Brown and the law students cause Cardinal McIntyre in this section?
3. What claims does Brown make about Zanzibar's murder?
4. What is the eventual outcome of the trial in Chapter 12?
5. What role does Brown play in the UCLA rally?
6. Why do Robert family refuse to believe that Robert hanged himself?
7. Summarize the novel.
8. What does Brown do after Robert's hearing?
9. How do the leaders find a way into the church?
10. How does the author describe the area surrounding St. Basil's church?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)