|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brown say he considers as part of his cultural heritage?
2. What did the police threaten to do to Lupe when she asked them what happened?
(a) Rape her.
(b) Arrest her.
(c) Frame her.
(d) Hit her.
3. Who fires Cardinal McIntyre at the end of this section?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The President.
(c) The King of Spain
(d) The Queen of England.
4. Why does Armas tell his men to leave Brown?
(a) He is a spy.
(b) He is a politician.
(c) He is a religious man.
(d) He is a lawyer.
5. What is the result of Robert Fernandez's autopsy?
(a) Death by hanging.
(c) Death by poison.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Brown say he will give if the police catch him?
2. What is the name of Brown's journalist friend?
3. Why does Brown think the arrests are politically motivated?
4. The police spray the Chicanos with ____________.
5. What did Robert's sister buy for him before he died?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems do the Chicano Militants have at the beginning of Chapter 5?
2. How does Manny claim racism has stopped him from becoming famous?
3. How does Brown become part of the Chicano Militant group?
4. How do the leaders find a way into the church?
5. Why do the Chicano groups not support the militants' attack on St. Basil's church?
6. What does the prisoner testify about the blankets?
7. Why do Robert family refuse to believe that Robert hanged himself?
8. What does Brown arrange at the coroner's office?
9. Describe the meeting between Brown and the Chicano Militants in this section?
10. What is Brown's role in the march in support of the East Los Angeles Thirteen?
This section contains 798 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)