|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Chicanos chanting outside the sound proof door?
(a) Death to Jesus.
(b) We also have the right.
(c) Let the poor people in.
(d) Leave our area.
2. What does Brown do while Gilbert and Pelon bomb the store?
(a) Phones his journalist friend.
(b) Notifies the police.
(c) Distracts the security guards.
(d) Waits in the car.
3. Brown says the hotel was infested with _____________.
4. How is Dave related to Brown?
(a) His half-brother.
(b) His cousin.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His brother-in-law.
5. Why does Brown not want to represent the militants?
(a) He can't afford to work for free.
(b) It would be damaging to his career.
(c) He needs a holiday.
(d) He doesn't have the experience.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brown think the arrests are politically motivated?
2. What is the result of Robert Fernandez's autopsy?
3. What does Brown want his journalist friend to do for him?
4. What does Brown say the East Angeles Thirteen were speaking out against?
5. What event was Manny considered a contender for in the 1952 Olympic Games?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Zanzibar killed?
2. Why does Brown think that Gilbert has no right to question him about Mexico?
3. What does Brown tell Zanzibar in his interview?
4. What does Brown arrange at the coroner's office?
5. Summarize the novel.
6. Why does Brown decide to move away from his sister?
7. What does Mickey De Silva say he remembers about the night Robert supposedly hanged himself?
8. What plans does Brown make in Chapter 4?
9. What problems does Brown say he has with Grand Juries?
10. Why is the courtroom watching a color film at the beginning of Chapter 15?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)