|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the owner get the group off his property?
(a) He throws stones at them.
(b) He shoots at them.
(c) He screams fire.
(d) He threatens to call the police.
2. According to Brown, who was picketing the Safeway store?
(a) The Woodcutter's Union.
(b) The Farmworker's Union.
(c) The Factory Worker's Union.
(d) The Miner's Union.
3. For which newspaper does Brown say he is researching an article?
(a) The New York Post.
(b) The Boston Globe.
(c) The New York TImes.
(d) The San Francisco Chronicle.
4. Where does Brown's journalist friend live?
(b) San Francisco.
(c) New York.
5. Where does Brown say he wants to go to write?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Robert's condition before the police killed him?
2. What does Brown say the East Angeles Thirteen were speaking out against?
3. What is the group tense about?
4. What name does Brown say he will give if the police catch him?
5. On what day do the students hold the protest at St. Basil's?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Brown arrange at the coroner's office?
2. Why does the court issue a restraining order against the East LA Thirteen?
3. Why does Brown decide to move away from his sister?
4. How do the leaders find a way into the church?
5. Why did the police arrest Robert Fernandez?
6. How did Robert Fernandez reportedly die?
7. Why do Robert family refuse to believe that Robert hanged himself?
8. How does the author describe the area surrounding St. Basil's church?
9. How does Brown deal with the situation after the police have made their arrests?
10. What agreement does Brown make with Gilbert in this section?
This section contains 750 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)