|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second police officer questioned about?
(a) His reasons for carrying a gun to a demonstration.
(b) His reasons for arresting the militants.
(c) His reasons for breaking a Chicano man's leg.
(d) His reasons for shooting into the Silver Dollar Bar.
2. What does Brown give as his occupation?
3. Where does Brown leave for at the end of Chapter 13?
(b) New York City.
4. How does the crowd react to Brown's speech at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) They boo him.
(b) They chant his name.
(c) They give him a standing ovation.
(d) They leave in droves.
5. Which two characters meet Brown at the Los Angeles airport?
(a) Laguna and Formby.
(b) Balck Eagle and Sailor Boy.
(c) Gilbert and Sailor Boy.
(d) Gilbert and Pelon.
6. How do David and Brown know each other?
(a) Davis once sued Brown for libel.
(b) Brown once defended him.
(c) They both attended the same high school.
(d) They were both teachers at UCLA.
7. What riot are Brown and the others watching at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) The Laguna riots.
(b) The Regal riots.
(c) The Chicano riots.
(d) The Watts riots.
8. What is the name of the sheriff taking part in the trial in Chapter 15?
9. Where does the undercover policeman testify about attending a meeting?
(a) Brown's home.
(b) Gilbert's home.
(c) The Zanzibar.
(d) The Silver Dollar Bar.
10. What famous person is Brown introduced to in Chapter 12?
11. What does Brown call a racist institution?
(a) The Senate.
(b) The FBI.
(c) The Grand Jury.
(d) The police.
12. Which member of St. Basil's church testifies in court the day after Brown was arrested?
(a) The janitor.
(b) The usher.
(c) The rector.
(d) The organ player.
13. What has Rudolfo Gonzales been arrested for?
(a) Cauding a riot.
(b) Statuatory rape.
(c) Killing Zanzibar.
14. Where do Brown and Zanzibar go after the interview?
(a) A restaurant.
(b) A bar.
(c) A squat.
(d) A television center.
15. To which member of their family do the three girls return?
(a) Their mother.
(b) Their uncle.
(c) Their aunt.
(d) Their grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. For which of the following crimes are the Tooner Flats Seven on trial?
2. Why does Brown say he is running for sheriff?
3. Brown refers to the Chicanos as ___________.
4. Why are spectators cleared from the court during the St. Basil trial?
5. According to Brown, who landed in Mexico in the 1500s?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)