|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which state were the student protesters killed?
(a) New York.
2. Where does Brown leave for at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) New York City.
3. Brown refers to the Chicanos as ___________.
(a) The Revolutionaries.
(b) The Militants.
(c) The Cockroach people.
(d) The Mini-Giants.
4. Why does the judge order Brown into custody for the second time?
(a) For his way of speaking.
(b) For throwing things.
(c) For forgetting to register a witness.
(d) For leaving the court.
5. Who does Brown call in Los Angeles in this section?
(d) Black Eagle.
6. According to Brown, who landed in Mexico in the 1500s?
7. Why does Brown say he is running for sheriff?
(a) For political reasons.
(b) For his mother's memory.
(c) For Robert's memory.
(d) For educational reasons.
8. With whom does Brown attend the rally for Chicano candidates?
9. What does Brown give as his occupation?
10. Who testifies that the Chicanos are a class of people?
(a) Doctor Joan Moore.
(b) Doctor Karen Tomkins.
(c) Sergeant Lovelace.
(d) Major Douglas Tomkins.
11. At which university does Brown attend a protest rally?
12. What is the name of the juror who provided Brown with information?
(a) Jane Kimber.
(b) John Gordon.
(c) Denise Wright.
(d) Jean Fisher.
13. What doesn't Brown like Gilbert questioning him about in the car?
(a) His time in Mexico.
(b) His drug habits.
(c) His sex life.
(d) His family life.
14. Which position does Brown seek?
(a) Sheriff of Los Angeles County.
(b) Mayor of Los Angeles County.
(c) Chicano King.
(d) President of the California Labor Union.
15. Brown says the court has no jurisdiction because of ______________.
(a) Crimes committed by the judge.
(b) Jurors speaking to the press.
(c) The grand jury's discrimination.
(d) Rumored bribes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who owns the gun in Brown's suitcase?
2. Which member of his family did Brown stay with in Mexico?
3. In which part of Los Angeles does the juror live?
4. For whom does Roland work?
5. What does Brown spend most of his time doing in Acapulco?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)