|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brown decided that he didn't want to attend the demonstration in August because ___________________.
(a) He needs a recuperation period.
(b) He is tired of the whole scene.
(c) He no longer believes in what they are fighting for.
(d) He misses his family.
2. Why do the St. Basil Twenty One have a special room?
(a) They need less security.
(b) There are so many of them.
(c) They have demanded it.
(d) They need extra security.
3. Why is Brown's suitcase never searched when he enters the courthouse?
(a) He has bribed security.
(b) They all know him.
(c) He always goes the back way.
(d) His cousin works for security.
4. Which position does Brown seek?
(a) Chicano King.
(b) Sheriff of Los Angeles County.
(c) Mayor of Los Angeles County.
(d) President of the California Labor Union.
5. According to Davis' claims, who is the leader of the militants?
(b) Sailor Boy.
6. In Chapter 14, Brown finds out that ________________have been asking questions about him.
(a) The FBI.
(b) The CIA.
(c) Undercover officers.
(d) The police.
7. What was the name of the bar where Zanzibar was killed?
(a) The Silver Dollar.
(b) The Gold Bar.
(c) The Regal Ashtray.
8. For which of the following crimes are the Tooner Flats Seven on trial?
(a) Armed robbery.
9. In which state were the student protesters killed?
(d) New York.
10. Who was one of Brown's bodyguards?
(a) Jackson Brown.
(b) Hunter S. Thompson.
(c) Corky Gonzales.
(d) Black Eagle.
11. What promise does Brown make in Chapter 15 that he doesn't want to make?
(a) To defend seven militants.
(b) To spend the next year in LA.
(c) To write Gilbert's biography.
(d) To do the accounts for the militants.
12. Whom does Anthony Quinn introduce at the rally?
(a) Chicano actors.
(b) Chicano politicians.
(c) Chicano lawyers.
(d) Chicano artists.
13. Where do Brown, Gilbert, and Pelon drive to after leaving the airport?
(a) Laguna Park.
(d) A Safeway store.
14. Where does Brown leave for at the end of Chapter 13?
(b) New York City.
15. Whose arrest does the judge order in this section?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of dangerous weapons do the people staying at Brown's house have?
2. Brown is annoyed that ___________ are not selected to serve on the Grand Jury.
3. What is the name of the second policeman to testify?
4. Who does Brown call in Los Angeles in this section?
5. According to Brown, what has made him enemies?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)