|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doesn't Brown like Gilbert questioning him about in the car?
(a) His sex life.
(b) His family life.
(c) His drug habits.
(d) His time in Mexico.
2. What is the name of the undercover police officer at the trial?
(a) Fernando Sumaya.
(b) Jose Ramirez.
(c) Dick Holtz.
(d) Joel Silver.
3. Why do the people at New County Jail say they are treating Brown differently?
(a) He is a candidate for sheriff.
(b) He is a Chicano.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is a journalist.
4. Brown is annoyed that ___________ are not selected to serve on the Grand Jury.
(a) Blue collar workers.
(b) Single mothers.
5. Whom did the police alert about the possibility of trouble at the the church?
(a) Church officials.
(b) The military.
(c) The fire brigade.
(d) The mayor.
6. Whose persecution are the people protesting at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Charles Manson.
(b) Lee Harvey Oswald.
(c) President Nixon.
(d) Gary Gilmore.
7. Where do Brown and the others celebrate their partial victory?
(a) At Liberace's estate.
(b) Outside the courthouse.
(c) In Manny's bar.
(d) At his house.
8. Where does Brown leave for at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) New York City.
9. Who testifies that the Chicanos are a class of people?
(a) Doctor Karen Tomkins.
(b) Major Douglas Tomkins.
(c) Sergeant Lovelace.
(d) Doctor Joan Moore.
10. What does Brown spend most of his time doing in Acapulco?
(b) Watching TV.
11. What has Rudolfo Gonzales been arrested for?
(b) Statuatory rape.
(c) Cauding a riot.
(d) Killing Zanzibar.
12. What kind of drug does Betti give Brown at the nightclub?
13. What kind of gun does Brown carry in his suitcase?
(a) A Winchester.
(b) An AKK.
(c) A Magnum.
(d) A revolver.
14. According to Brown, with whom were the Basil Twenty One trying to secure an audience?
(a) The Senate.
(b) The Cardinal.
(c) The Pope.
(d) The President.
15. What riot are Brown and the others watching at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) The Chicano riots.
(b) The Regal riots.
(c) The Watts riots.
(d) The Laguna riots.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brown learn has died in this section?
2. What does Brown insinuate that the authorities knew about Zanzibar?
3. What famous case did Judge Charles Older preside over?
4. Which position does Brown seek?
5. What kind of meeting does Brown hold in Chapter 16?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)