|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Brown call in Los Angeles in this section?
(c) Black Eagle.
2. Where does the undercover policeman testify about attending a meeting?
(a) The Silver Dollar Bar.
(b) The Zanzibar.
(c) Brown's home.
(d) Gilbert's home.
3. According to Brown, who landed in Mexico in the 1500s?
4. What is the name of Brown's friend who tells him not to worry about the police?
5. Why do the people at New County Jail say they are treating Brown differently?
(a) He is a journalist.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a Chicano.
(d) He is a candidate for sheriff.
6. According to Brown, with whom were the Basil Twenty One trying to secure an audience?
(a) The President.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The Senate.
(d) The Cardinal.
7. What promise does Brown make in Chapter 15 that he doesn't want to make?
(a) To spend the next year in LA.
(b) To defend seven militants.
(c) To do the accounts for the militants.
(d) To write Gilbert's biography.
8. Who was one of Brown's bodyguards?
(a) Jackson Brown.
(b) Hunter S. Thompson.
(c) Black Eagle.
(d) Corky Gonzales.
9. What famous case did Judge Charles Older preside over?
(a) The Charles Manson case.
(b) The Watt's riots case.
(c) The Gary Gilmore case.
(d) The Moonstone case.
10. At which university does Brown attend a protest rally?
11. In which part of Los Angeles does the juror live?
(a) Beverly Hills.
(c) Washington Heights.
12. What is the name of the sheriff taking part in the trial in Chapter 15?
13. Who does Brown learn has died in this section?
(c) Anthony Quinn.
14. What was the name of the bar where Zanzibar was killed?
(b) The Gold Bar.
(c) The Regal Ashtray.
(d) The Silver Dollar.
15. Why does Brown talk to Zanzibar?
(a) He is easy to bribe.
(b) He feels he has a genuine interest in the case.
(c) They are old school friends.
(d) He needs someone on his side.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brown says the Chicanos constitute _____________.
2. Who calls Brown near the end of this section?
3. Where do Brown and the others celebrate their partial victory?
4. For whom does Roland work?
5. What riot are Brown and the others watching at the beginning of Chapter 15?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)