|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brown files for a new trial for ___________.
(a) The Hollywood Revolutionaries.
(b) The St. Basil Group.
(c) The East Los Angeles Thirteen.
(d) The Watts Rioter.
2. What does Brown call a racist institution?
(a) The police.
(b) The Senate.
(c) The Grand Jury.
(d) The FBI.
3. In which state were the student protesters killed?
(c) New York.
4. Why do the St. Basil Twenty One have a special room?
(a) There are so many of them.
(b) They need less security.
(c) They have demanded it.
(d) They need extra security.
5. In which part of Los Angeles does the juror live?
(b) Beverly Hills.
(d) Washington Heights.
6. For which of the following crimes are the Tooner Flats Seven on trial?
(a) Armed robbery.
7. What does Brown try to explain to the group they need as well as lawyers?
8. What famous person is Brown introduced to in Chapter 12?
9. How does the crowd react to Brown's speech at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) They give him a standing ovation.
(b) They boo him.
(c) They leave in droves.
(d) They chant his name.
10. Which member of St. Basil's church testifies in court the day after Brown was arrested?
(a) The usher.
(b) The organ player.
(c) The rector.
(d) The janitor.
11. What has Rudolfo Gonzales been arrested for?
(a) Killing Zanzibar.
(b) Cauding a riot.
(d) Statuatory rape.
12. What does Brown want to do after the trial?
(a) Kill himself.
(b) Write his book.
(c) Become an actor.
(d) Retire to Paris.
13. Where do Brown and the others celebrate their partial victory?
(a) Outside the courthouse.
(b) In Manny's bar.
(c) At Liberace's estate.
(d) At his house.
14. Brown decided that he didn't want to attend the demonstration in August because ___________________.
(a) He no longer believes in what they are fighting for.
(b) He misses his family.
(c) He is tired of the whole scene.
(d) He needs a recuperation period.
15. Brown refers to the Chicanos as ___________.
(a) The Revolutionaries.
(b) The Militants.
(c) The Mini-Giants.
(d) The Cockroach people.
Short Answer Questions
1. What religion does Brown say was imposed on the Mexicans?
2. What was the name of the bar where Zanzibar was killed?
3. At which university does Brown attend a protest rally?
4. What riot are Brown and the others watching at the beginning of Chapter 15?
5. What promise does Brown make in Chapter 15 that he doesn't want to make?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)