|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Brown say he is running for sheriff?
(a) For political reasons.
(b) For educational reasons.
(c) For Robert's memory.
(d) For his mother's memory.
2. What doesn't Brown like Gilbert questioning him about in the car?
(a) His time in Mexico.
(b) His drug habits.
(c) His sex life.
(d) His family life.
3. Who calls Brown near the end of this section?
(a) A juror.
(b) The judge.
(c) A witness for the prosecution.
(d) The prosecutor.
4. Brown says the court has no jurisdiction because of ______________.
(a) Jurors speaking to the press.
(b) The grand jury's discrimination.
(c) Crimes committed by the judge.
(d) Rumored bribes.
5. Where does the undercover policeman testify about attending a meeting?
(a) Brown's home.
(b) The Silver Dollar Bar.
(c) The Zanzibar.
(d) Gilbert's home.
6. What kind of drug does Betti give Brown at the nightclub?
7. Where do Brown, Gilbert, and Pelon drive to after leaving the airport?
(a) Laguna Park.
(c) A Safeway store.
8. What is the second police officer questioned about?
(a) His reasons for breaking a Chicano man's leg.
(b) His reasons for shooting into the Silver Dollar Bar.
(c) His reasons for carrying a gun to a demonstration.
(d) His reasons for arresting the militants.
9. What religion does Brown say was imposed on the Mexicans?
10. What famous person is Brown introduced to in Chapter 12?
11. What kind of meeting does Brown hold in Chapter 16?
(a) A business conference.
(b) A jury meeting.
(c) A press conference.
(d) A staff meeting.
12. How does the crowd react to Brown's speech at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) They boo him.
(b) They leave in droves.
(c) They chant his name.
(d) They give him a standing ovation.
13. Who was Gilbert shot by?
(b) The CIA.
(c) The police.
(d) The FBI.
14. What kind of gun does Brown carry in his suitcase?
(a) An AKK.
(b) A Magnum.
(c) A revolver.
(d) A Winchester.
15. Liberace tells Brown he will vote for __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of his family did Brown stay with in Mexico?
2. Which two characters meet Brown at the Los Angeles airport?
3. Which member of St. Basil's church testifies in court the day after Brown was arrested?
4. Why does Brown talk to Zanzibar?
5. According to Brown, who landed in Mexico in the 1500s?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)