|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Brown, what has made him enemies?
(a) His book deal.
(b) His run for sheriff.
(c) His television appearances.
(d) His attitude toward the judge.
2. What does Brown try to explain to the group they need as well as lawyers?
3. Where do Brown and the others celebrate their partial victory?
(a) At Liberace's estate.
(b) Outside the courthouse.
(c) At his house.
(d) In Manny's bar.
4. Who does Brown call in Los Angeles in this section?
(c) Black Eagle.
5. In which part of Los Angeles does the juror live?
(a) Beverly Hills.
(d) Washington Heights.
6. Who was one of Brown's bodyguards?
(a) Hunter S. Thompson.
(b) Black Eagle.
(c) Jackson Brown.
(d) Corky Gonzales.
7. What is Roland's surname?
8. What is the second police officer questioned about?
(a) His reasons for arresting the militants.
(b) His reasons for carrying a gun to a demonstration.
(c) His reasons for shooting into the Silver Dollar Bar.
(d) His reasons for breaking a Chicano man's leg.
9. What does the undercover policeman say the group made plans for at Brown's home?
(a) An assassination.
(b) A bombing.
(c) A kidnapping.
(d) A march.
10. Brown is annoyed that ___________ are not selected to serve on the Grand Jury.
(b) Single mothers.
(d) Blue collar workers.
11. Why does Brown say Gilbert has no right to complain to him?
(a) He is always ready to help him.
(b) He loaned him money which he has yet to pay back.
(c) He worked for him as a lawyer when he didn't want to be one.
(d) He helped him get off serious charges.
12. Why do the people at New County Jail say they are treating Brown differently?
(a) He is a candidate for sheriff.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a journalist.
(d) He is a Chicano.
13. What is the name of the sheriff taking part in the trial in Chapter 15?
14. Brown shows Zanzibar a receipt for ____________.
(a) Robert's funeral bill.
(b) His filing fee.
(c) His case of beer.
(d) His groceries.
15. Brown decided that he didn't want to attend the demonstration in August because ___________________.
(a) He misses his family.
(b) He is tired of the whole scene.
(c) He no longer believes in what they are fighting for.
(d) He needs a recuperation period.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which member of his family did Brown stay with in Mexico?
2. Who sings at the Chicano rally?
3. Brown says he objects to ____________.
4. Why does Brown say he is running for sheriff?
5. At which university does Brown attend a protest rally?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)