|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Brown's suitcase never searched when he enters the courthouse?
(a) They all know him.
(b) He always goes the back way.
(c) His cousin works for security.
(d) He has bribed security.
2. Brown shows Zanzibar a receipt for ____________.
(a) His groceries.
(b) His filing fee.
(c) Robert's funeral bill.
(d) His case of beer.
3. What is Alfred Alacran's role in court?
(a) Court usher.
(d) Court artist.
4. What does Brown spend most of his time doing in Acapulco?
(d) Watching TV.
5. How does the crowd react to Brown's speech at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) They chant his name.
(b) They boo him.
(c) They give him a standing ovation.
(d) They leave in droves.
6. What famous person is Brown introduced to in Chapter 12?
7. What is the second police officer questioned about?
(a) His reasons for carrying a gun to a demonstration.
(b) His reasons for breaking a Chicano man's leg.
(c) His reasons for arresting the militants.
(d) His reasons for shooting into the Silver Dollar Bar.
8. What doesn't Brown like Gilbert questioning him about in the car?
(a) His family life.
(b) His time in Mexico.
(c) His drug habits.
(d) His sex life.
9. What does Brown question the rector about?
(a) His motivations for being a rector.
(b) His feelings towards Chicanos.
(c) Advance information he received about the disturbance.
(d) His bias towards the rich members of the community.
10. Brown decided that he didn't want to attend the demonstration in August because ___________________.
(a) He is tired of the whole scene.
(b) He misses his family.
(c) He no longer believes in what they are fighting for.
(d) He needs a recuperation period.
11. What is Roland's surname?
12. Which member of his family did Brown stay with in Mexico?
(a) His brother.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His sister.
(d) His cousin.
13. In Chapter 14, Brown finds out that ________________have been asking questions about him.
(a) The FBI.
(b) Undercover officers.
(c) The CIA.
(d) The police.
14. What kind of meeting does Brown hold in Chapter 16?
(a) A press conference.
(b) A staff meeting.
(c) A business conference.
(d) A jury meeting.
15. What is the name of the sheriff taking part in the trial in Chapter 15?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the juror who provided Brown with information?
2. Manson's supporters are known as _______________.
3. In which part of Los Angeles does the juror live?
4. Why do the St. Basil Twenty One have a special room?
5. Who was one of Brown's bodyguards?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)