|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Brown is annoyed that ___________ are not selected to serve on the Grand Jury.
(b) Single mothers.
(c) Blue collar workers.
2. Brown says he objects to ____________.
(a) The prejudice against his clients.
(b) The judge and the court.
(c) The prosecution's witnesses.
(d) The journalists being present at the trial.
3. What doesn't Brown like Gilbert questioning him about in the car?
(a) His family life.
(b) His time in Mexico.
(c) His drug habits.
(d) His sex life.
4. Which position does Brown seek?
(a) President of the California Labor Union.
(b) Sheriff of Los Angeles County.
(c) Chicano King.
(d) Mayor of Los Angeles County.
5. According to Brown's claims, who ordered Zanzibar's murder?
(a) General Scwartz.
(b) Police Officer Tom Wilson.
(c) Sergeant Lovelace.
(d) Police Chief Todd Davis.
6. Why does Brown say he is running for sheriff?
(a) For political reasons.
(b) For his mother's memory.
(c) For educational reasons.
(d) For Robert's memory.
7. What are the names of the two street nuns?
(a) Petra and Danielle.
(b) Phylis and Penelope.
(c) Janie and Anna.
(d) Josie and Duana.
8. For which of the following crimes are the Tooner Flats Seven on trial?
(c) Armed robbery.
9. What does Brown question the rector about?
(a) His bias towards the rich members of the community.
(b) Advance information he received about the disturbance.
(c) His feelings towards Chicanos.
(d) His motivations for being a rector.
10. Who does Brown learn has died in this section?
(a) Anthony Quinn.
11. Whom does Anthony Quinn introduce at the rally?
(a) Chicano actors.
(b) Chicano artists.
(c) Chicano politicians.
(d) Chicano lawyers.
12. Who calls Brown near the end of this section?
(a) A witness for the prosecution.
(b) A juror.
(c) The prosecutor.
(d) The judge.
13. Whose persecution are the people protesting at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Gary Gilmore.
(b) Lee Harvey Oswald.
(c) Charles Manson.
(d) President Nixon.
14. What famous person is Brown introduced to in Chapter 12?
15. What kind of gun does Brown carry in his suitcase?
(a) A Magnum.
(b) A revolver.
(c) An AKK.
(d) A Winchester.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the judge order Brown into custody for the second time?
2. In which state were the student protesters killed?
3. Why do the people at New County Jail say they are treating Brown differently?
4. What kind of meeting does Brown hold in Chapter 16?
5. Who testifies that the Chicanos are a class of people?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)