|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Brown and the others celebrate their partial victory?
(a) At his house.
(b) Outside the courthouse.
(c) At Liberace's estate.
(d) In Manny's bar.
2. What does Brown call a racist institution?
(a) The police.
(b) The Grand Jury.
(c) The Senate.
(d) The FBI.
3. According to Brown, what has made him enemies?
(a) His book deal.
(b) His attitude toward the judge.
(c) His television appearances.
(d) His run for sheriff.
4. Brown refers to the Chicanos as ___________.
(a) The Militants.
(b) The Cockroach people.
(c) The Revolutionaries.
(d) The Mini-Giants.
5. What is the name of Brown's friend who tells him not to worry about the police?
6. Why does Brown say he is running for sheriff?
(a) For political reasons.
(b) For Robert's memory.
(c) For his mother's memory.
(d) For educational reasons.
7. What famous person is Brown introduced to in Chapter 12?
8. Brown says the court has no jurisdiction because of ______________.
(a) The grand jury's discrimination.
(b) Crimes committed by the judge.
(c) Rumored bribes.
(d) Jurors speaking to the press.
9. Who sings at the Chicano rally?
(a) Bob Dylan.
(b) Tracey Chapman.
(c) Joan Baez.
(d) Vicki Carr.
10. In which state were the student protesters killed?
(b) New York.
11. Why do the people at New County Jail say they are treating Brown differently?
(a) He is a Chicano.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He is a candidate for sheriff.
(d) He is a journalist.
12. What promise does Brown make in Chapter 15 that he doesn't want to make?
(a) To spend the next year in LA.
(b) To do the accounts for the militants.
(c) To defend seven militants.
(d) To write Gilbert's biography.
13. What is Roland's surname?
14. Who does Brown call in Los Angeles in this section?
(b) Black Eagle.
15. Whose persecution are the people protesting at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Charles Manson.
(b) Gary Gilmore.
(c) Lee Harvey Oswald.
(d) President Nixon.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the crowd react to Brown's speech at the beginning of Chapter 12?
2. What kind of dangerous weapons do the people staying at Brown's house have?
3. According to Brown, with whom were the Basil Twenty One trying to secure an audience?
4. What is the name of the juror who provided Brown with information?
5. Who calls Brown near the end of this section?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)