|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second police officer questioned about?
(a) His reasons for carrying a gun to a demonstration.
(b) His reasons for arresting the militants.
(c) His reasons for shooting into the Silver Dollar Bar.
(d) His reasons for breaking a Chicano man's leg.
2. According to Brown, with whom were the Basil Twenty One trying to secure an audience?
(a) The President.
(b) The Cardinal.
(c) The Senate.
(d) The Pope.
3. What does Brown try to explain to the group they need as well as lawyers?
4. Who calls Brown near the end of this section?
(a) The judge.
(b) A juror.
(c) A witness for the prosecution.
(d) The prosecutor.
5. What is the name of the officer who arrested Corky?
6. Brown shows Zanzibar a receipt for ____________.
(a) His groceries.
(b) His filing fee.
(c) Robert's funeral bill.
(d) His case of beer.
7. According to Brown, who landed in Mexico in the 1500s?
8. Brown says the Chicanos constitute _____________.
(a) A chosen race.
(b) A suppressed race.
(c) A class of people.
(d) A revolution.
9. Why does Brown say Gilbert has no right to complain to him?
(a) He loaned him money which he has yet to pay back.
(b) He worked for him as a lawyer when he didn't want to be one.
(c) He is always ready to help him.
(d) He helped him get off serious charges.
10. What does Brown spend most of his time doing in Acapulco?
(d) Watching TV.
11. Who sings at the Chicano rally?
(a) Bob Dylan.
(b) Vicki Carr.
(c) Tracey Chapman.
(d) Joan Baez.
12. What is the name of the undercover police officer at the trial?
(a) Jose Ramirez.
(b) Dick Holtz.
(c) Fernando Sumaya.
(d) Joel Silver.
13. In which state were the student protesters killed?
(a) New York.
14. Brown says the court has no jurisdiction because of ______________.
(a) Rumored bribes.
(b) Jurors speaking to the press.
(c) Crimes committed by the judge.
(d) The grand jury's discrimination.
15. Brown files for a new trial for ___________.
(a) The St. Basil Group.
(b) The East Los Angeles Thirteen.
(c) The Watts Rioter.
(d) The Hollywood Revolutionaries.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Brown call in Los Angeles in this section?
2. What is the name of the second policeman to testify?
3. Whom did the police alert about the possibility of trouble at the the church?
4. Which position does Brown seek?
5. Who was Gilbert shot by?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)