|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the crowd react to Brown's speech at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) They chant his name.
(b) They leave in droves.
(c) They boo him.
(d) They give him a standing ovation.
2. What promise does Brown make in Chapter 15 that he doesn't want to make?
(a) To write Gilbert's biography.
(b) To defend seven militants.
(c) To spend the next year in LA.
(d) To do the accounts for the militants.
3. Liberace tells Brown he will vote for __________.
4. With whom does Brown attend the rally for Chicano candidates?
5. Why do the St. Basil Twenty One have a special room?
(a) They have demanded it.
(b) They need extra security.
(c) There are so many of them.
(d) They need less security.
6. Where do Brown and the others celebrate their partial victory?
(a) In Manny's bar.
(b) At Liberace's estate.
(c) At his house.
(d) Outside the courthouse.
7. What is Roland's surname?
8. What has Rudolfo Gonzales been arrested for?
(a) Cauding a riot.
(b) Statuatory rape.
(c) Killing Zanzibar.
9. Who owns the gun in Brown's suitcase?
(b) Sergeant Lovelace.
(c) Sailor Boy.
(d) Black Eagle.
10. What does Brown spend most of his time doing in Acapulco?
(d) Watching TV.
11. In which part of Los Angeles does the juror live?
(a) Beverly Hills.
(b) Washington Heights.
12. Brown files for a new trial for ___________.
(a) The St. Basil Group.
(b) The Hollywood Revolutionaries.
(c) The Watts Rioter.
(d) The East Los Angeles Thirteen.
13. What does Brown try to explain to the group they need as well as lawyers?
14. What famous case did Judge Charles Older preside over?
(a) The Watt's riots case.
(b) The Charles Manson case.
(c) The Moonstone case.
(d) The Gary Gilmore case.
15. Why are spectators cleared from the court during the St. Basil trial?
(a) So they don't prejudice the jury.
(b) So the trial can continue.
(c) To help Brown to focus.
(d) To prevent the threat of violence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Brown shows Zanzibar a receipt for ____________.
2. Which member of his family did Brown stay with in Mexico?
3. According to Davis' claims, who is the leader of the militants?
4. Why do the people at New County Jail say they are treating Brown differently?
5. What does Brown give as his occupation?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)