|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In which part of Los Angeles does the juror live?
(a) Washington Heights.
(c) Beverly Hills.
2. Where do Brown and Zanzibar go after the interview?
(a) A squat.
(b) A restaurant.
(c) A television center.
(d) A bar.
3. Which two characters meet Brown at the Los Angeles airport?
(a) Gilbert and Sailor Boy.
(b) Gilbert and Pelon.
(c) Laguna and Formby.
(d) Balck Eagle and Sailor Boy.
4. According to Brown's claims, who ordered Zanzibar's murder?
(a) Police Officer Tom Wilson.
(b) General Scwartz.
(c) Sergeant Lovelace.
(d) Police Chief Todd Davis.
5. Whose persecution are the people protesting at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) President Nixon.
(b) Lee Harvey Oswald.
(c) Charles Manson.
(d) Gary Gilmore.
6. How does the crowd react to Brown's speech at the beginning of Chapter 12?
(a) They chant his name.
(b) They give him a standing ovation.
(c) They boo him.
(d) They leave in droves.
7. What is the name of the undercover police officer at the trial?
(a) Jose Ramirez.
(b) Dick Holtz.
(c) Joel Silver.
(d) Fernando Sumaya.
8. Brown files for a new trial for ___________.
(a) The St. Basil Group.
(b) The Hollywood Revolutionaries.
(c) The Watts Rioter.
(d) The East Los Angeles Thirteen.
9. What riot are Brown and the others watching at the beginning of Chapter 15?
(a) The Chicano riots.
(b) The Watts riots.
(c) The Laguna riots.
(d) The Regal riots.
10. Where does the undercover policeman testify about attending a meeting?
(a) Brown's home.
(b) The Zanzibar.
(c) The Silver Dollar Bar.
(d) Gilbert's home.
11. Who sings at the Chicano rally?
(a) Tracey Chapman.
(b) Vicki Carr.
(c) Bob Dylan.
(d) Joan Baez.
12. What was the name of the bar where Zanzibar was killed?
(a) The Gold Bar.
(c) The Regal Ashtray.
(d) The Silver Dollar.
13. To which member of their family do the three girls return?
(a) Their uncle.
(b) Their mother.
(c) Their aunt.
(d) Their grandmother.
14. Where do Brown and the others celebrate their partial victory?
(a) At Liberace's estate.
(b) Outside the courthouse.
(c) In Manny's bar.
(d) At his house.
15. Why does Brown say Gilbert has no right to complain to him?
(a) He is always ready to help him.
(b) He loaned him money which he has yet to pay back.
(c) He worked for him as a lawyer when he didn't want to be one.
(d) He helped him get off serious charges.
Short Answer Questions
1. What famous person is Brown introduced to in Chapter 12?
2. Who was Gilbert shot by?
3. What does Brown call a racist institution?
4. Manson's supporters are known as _______________.
5. What kind of meeting does Brown hold in Chapter 16?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)