|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the group tense about?
(a) The hunger strike.
(b) The upcoming rally.
(c) The upcoming trial.
(d) The presidential elections.
2. Why does Brown not want to represent the militants?
(a) It would be damaging to his career.
(b) He can't afford to work for free.
(c) He doesn't have the experience.
(d) He needs a holiday.
3. What are the Chicanos chanting outside the sound proof door?
(a) Leave our area.
(b) Death to Jesus.
(c) Let the poor people in.
(d) We also have the right.
4. What do the Chicano Militants claim they are planning to stage?
(a) A march.
(b) A protest.
(c) A strike.
(d) A riot.
5. What is the jury's ruling on Robert's death?
(b) Natural death.
(d) Accidental death.
6. Where does Brown's journalist friend live?
(c) San Francisco.
(d) New York.
7. What did the police threaten to do to Lupe when she asked them what happened?
(a) Hit her.
(b) Arrest her.
(c) Rape her.
(d) Frame her.
8. According to Brown, what kind of people populate the surrounding area?
(a) Blacks and Hispanics.
(b) Blue collar workers and single mothers.
(c) Lawyers and doctors.
(d) Tramps and prostitutes.
9. Who donates ten thousand dollars to the Chicano Group?
10. Whom did Brown meet after he had been in Los Angeles for three months?
11. Where do Gilbert and Brown plan to meet before the strike?
(a) In front of the statue of angels.
(b) At Manny's bar.
(c) In front of the Columbus Statue.
(d) In front of Garfield School.
12. In which part of Los Angeles do the Chicano Militants live?
(a) East Los Angeles.
(b) Central Los Angeles.
(c) North Los Angeles.
(d) West Los Angeles.
13. The police spray the Chicanos with ____________.
(c) Pepper spray.
14. What does Brown do while Gilbert and Pelon bomb the store?
(a) Phones his journalist friend.
(b) Distracts the security guards.
(c) Notifies the police.
(d) Waits in the car.
15. The author says that he has been locked out like _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the coroner?
2. What did Robert's sister buy for him before he died?
3. Why does Armas tell his men to leave Brown?
4. Brown says the hotel was infested with _____________.
5. What event was Manny considered a contender for in the 1952 Olympic Games?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)