|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brown say he wants to go to write?
2. On what day do the students hold the protest at St. Basil's?
(b) Christmas Day.
(c) Independence Day.
(d) Christmas Eve.
3. What does Brown find unacceptable about Dave?
(a) He does projects for the military.
(b) He does projects for the police.
(c) He doesn't want any children.
(d) He never visits the poor areas of the city.
4. Where does Brown's journalist friend live?
(a) New York.
(c) San Francisco.
5. What words did Robert shout out to the police when they came to arrest him?
(a) Power to the People.
(b) Chicano Power.
(c) We are One.
(d) Down to the Pigs.
6. How does the owner get the group off his property?
(a) He throws stones at them.
(b) He screams fire.
(c) He shoots at them.
(d) He threatens to call the police.
7. Why does Brown think the arrests are politically motivated?
(a) The Mexicans want to start a war.
(b) They occurred before the Presidential elections.
(c) They occurred before the California Primaries.
(d) The government wants to keep problems in Vietnam from the press.
8. What event was Manny considered a contender for in the 1952 Olympic Games?
(a) The shot put.
(b) The high jump.
(c) The Javelin.
(d) The long jump.
9. Whom do the Militants receive telegrams of support from in this section?
(a) Reagan and Nixon.
(b) Carter and Ford.
(c) Kennedy and McCarthy.
(d) Nixon and Ford.
10. How is Dave related to Brown?
(a) His brother-in-law.
(b) His half-brother.
(c) His nephew.
(d) His cousin.
11. What slang word does the author use to call the fifty police standing guard outside the church?
12. In which Los Angeles park does Brown's sister live?
(a) Wilshire Boulevard Park.
(b) Petersen Park.
(c) Sunset Park.
(d) Canogo Park.
13. The author says that he has been locked out like _____________.
14. What church are the six Chicano law students fighting against?
(a) The Baptist Church.
(b) The Islam Church.
(c) The Russian Orthodox Church.
(d) The Catholic Church.
15. What name does Brown take for himself?
(a) Buffalo Zeta Brown.
(b) Bobby Brown.
(c) Carlos Juan Brown.
(d) Gringo Jackson Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Militants start showing an interest in Brown?
2. What is the name of Brown's journalist friend?
3. What was Robert's condition before the police killed him?
4. Robert told his mother that he had been arrested for __________.
5. Whom did Brown meet after he had been in Los Angeles for three months?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)