|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom do the Militants receive telegrams of support from in this section?
(a) Kennedy and McCarthy.
(b) Reagan and Nixon.
(c) Carter and Ford.
(d) Nixon and Ford.
2. What was Robert's condition before the police killed him?
(a) He was high.
(b) He was depressed.
(c) He was stoned.
(d) He was unconscious.
3. Who donates ten thousand dollars to the Chicano Group?
4. What does the author say the Chicanos carry as weapons?
(c) Wine glasses.
5. What does the church office tell Brown on the phone?
(a) They have crashed their bus.
(b) They have set off on a demonstration.
(c) Three of their men have been arrested.
(d) Th police have arrived.
6. What is the name of the church the three hundred Chicanos have gathered around?
(a) St. Mary's.
(b) St. Thomas's.
(c) St. Gordon's.
(d) St. Basil's.
7. Why do the Militants start showing an interest in Brown?
(a) He is friends with a prominent journalist.
(b) He has a good knowledge of weapons.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He has money.
8. What slang word does the author use to call the fifty police standing guard outside the church?
9. What is the name of the square the group go to for a rally?
(a) Femur Square.
(b) Tiblo Square.
(c) Placita Square.
(d) Potsdam Square.
10. According to Brown, what kind of people populate the surrounding area?
(a) Blacks and Hispanics.
(b) Blue collar workers and single mothers.
(c) Tramps and prostitutes.
(d) Lawyers and doctors.
11. What is the name of the politician who is killed in this section?
12. What does the usher mouth through the sound proof glass?
(a) This is for God's people.
(b) Time to leave.
(c) No more room.
(d) Go home.
13. Whom did Brown meet after he had been in Los Angeles for three months?
14. What is the jury's ruling on Robert's death?
(c) Accidental death.
(d) Natural death.
15. Why does Brown think the arrests are politically motivated?
(a) The government wants to keep problems in Vietnam from the press.
(b) They occurred before the California Primaries.
(c) The Mexicans want to start a war.
(d) They occurred before the Presidential elections.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Los Angles mayor?
2. What event was Manny considered a contender for in the 1952 Olympic Games?
3. Why does Brown not want to represent the militants?
4. What does Mickey say was happening when he woke up?
5. What is the name of the bar Manny owns?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)