|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For which newspaper does Brown say he is researching an article?
(a) The New York TImes.
(b) The New York Post.
(c) The Boston Globe.
(d) The San Francisco Chronicle.
2. What event was Manny considered a contender for in the 1952 Olympic Games?
(a) The high jump.
(b) The Javelin.
(c) The shot put.
(d) The long jump.
3. Where does Brown travel to meet Cesar Chavez?
(a) Jefferson County.
4. What does the prisoner testify about Fernandez's blanket?
(a) It wasn't cut up.
(b) It was made from very thin material.
(c) It was hanging from the light.
(d) He wasn't tied up.
5. Why does Brown not want to represent the militants?
(a) He doesn't have the experience.
(b) He can't afford to work for free.
(c) He needs a holiday.
(d) It would be damaging to his career.
6. Whom does Brown think will now win the elections?
7. What was Robert's condition before the police killed him?
(a) He was depressed.
(b) He was unconscious.
(c) He was stoned.
(d) He was high.
8. Why do the Militants start showing an interest in Brown?
(a) He is a lawyer.
(b) He has money.
(c) He has a good knowledge of weapons.
(d) He is friends with a prominent journalist.
9. Where does Brown say he wants to go to write?
10. What is the name of Brown's journalist friend?
11. What does Brown vow to do after Robert's hearing?
(a) Leave America.
(b) Avenge Robert's death.
(c) Free the Chicanos.
(d) Expose the police.
12. What church are the six Chicano law students fighting against?
(a) The Catholic Church.
(b) The Islam Church.
(c) The Baptist Church.
(d) The Russian Orthodox Church.
13. What is the name of the church the three hundred Chicanos have gathered around?
(a) St. Basil's.
(b) St. Mary's.
(c) St. Thomas's.
(d) St. Gordon's.
14. What is the name of the politician who is killed in this section?
15. What does Doctor Francisco Bravo own?
(a) Orion Airlines.
(b) Pan American Bank.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) Bellevue Hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mickey say was happening when he woke up?
2. What kind of cocktails do Brown and Gilbert make after the hearing?
3. What does Brown say he considers as part of his cultural heritage?
4. What slang word does the author use to call the fifty police standing guard outside the church?
5. How did Brown travel to Los Angeles?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)