|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the Militants start showing an interest in Brown?
(a) He has a good knowledge of weapons.
(b) He is a lawyer.
(c) He has money.
(d) He is friends with a prominent journalist.
2. Chavez is participating in ___________.
(a) A thirst strike.
(b) A silent strike.
(c) Sleep strike.
(d) A hunger strike.
3. The police spray the Chicanos with ____________.
(c) Pepper spray.
4. According to the police, by what means did Robert die?
(a) He was killed by another prisoner.
(b) He jumped in front of a bus.
(c) He shot himself.
(d) He hung himself.
5. What slang word does the author use to call the fifty police standing guard outside the church?
6. What does Mickey say was happening when he woke up?
(a) Robert was hanging from the ceiling.
(b) The police were taking out Robert's body.
(c) His cell was empty.
(d) Robert was still alive.
7. What is the name of the church the three hundred Chicanos have gathered around?
(a) St. Gordon's.
(b) St. Mary's.
(c) St. Thomas's.
(d) St. Basil's.
8. With which of the following people does Brown live?
9. What name does Brown take for himself?
(a) Buffalo Zeta Brown.
(b) Gringo Jackson Brown.
(c) Carlos Juan Brown.
(d) Bobby Brown.
10. Who fires Cardinal McIntyre at the end of this section?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The President.
(c) The Queen of England.
(d) The King of Spain
11. What did Robert's family notice on Robert's face at his funeral?
(b) Red scratches.
(c) Purple spots.
12. What does Brown say the East Angeles Thirteen were speaking out against?
13. What is the name of Brown's journalist friend?
14. What does the church office tell Brown on the phone?
(a) They have crashed their bus.
(b) They have set off on a demonstration.
(c) Three of their men have been arrested.
(d) Th police have arrived.
15. What does Brown say he considers as part of his cultural heritage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom do the Militants receive telegrams of support from in this section?
2. What was the name of the hotel Brown first checked into when he arrived in Los Angeles?
3. What is the name of the coroner?
4. What store do Brown and the others talk about bombing?
5. Gilbert wants Brown to write for which newspaper?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)