|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Armas tell his men to leave Brown?
(a) He is a spy.
(b) He is a politician.
(c) He is a religious man.
(d) He is a lawyer.
2. The author says that he has been locked out like _____________.
3. What kind of cocktails do Brown and Gilbert make after the hearing?
(a) Molotov cocktails.
(b) Rum cocktails.
(c) Long Isalnd cocktails.
(d) Pepper cocktails.
4. Where does Brown say he wants to go to write?
5. What is the name of the church the three hundred Chicanos have gathered around?
(a) St. Gordon's.
(b) St. Basil's.
(c) St. Thomas's.
(d) St. Mary's.
6. According to Brown, who was picketing the Safeway store?
(a) The Farmworker's Union.
(b) The Factory Worker's Union.
(c) The Miner's Union.
(d) The Woodcutter's Union.
7. Whom did Brown meet after he had been in Los Angeles for three months?
8. What is the name of the square the group go to for a rally?
(a) Potsdam Square.
(b) Femur Square.
(c) Placita Square.
(d) Tiblo Square.
9. Robert told his mother that he had been arrested for __________.
(a) Abusing an officer.
(b) Being drunk.
(c) Armed robbery.
10. What does the prisoner testify about Fernandez's blanket?
(a) It was hanging from the light.
(b) It was made from very thin material.
(c) It wasn't cut up.
(d) He wasn't tied up.
11. Whom does Brown tell to call a meeting for that evening?
12. Where do Gilbert and Brown plan to meet before the strike?
(a) In front of Garfield School.
(b) In front of the Columbus Statue.
(c) In front of the statue of angels.
(d) At Manny's bar.
13. What is the name of the bar Manny owns?
(a) Mach Manny.
(b) Manny's Fish Bowl.
(c) Manny's Dog's Dinner.
(d) Whose the Manny.
14. Gilbert wants Brown to write for which newspaper?
(a) The Fuzz.
(c) Los Gringro.
(d) La Voz.
15. What word does the author use to describe the names of the insurance companies?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Brown think the arrests are politically motivated?
2. What name does Brown take for himself?
3. What does Brown say he considers as part of his cultural heritage?
4. Who is Brown's Chicano Legal Defense funded by?
5. What is the group tense about?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)