|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brown do while Gilbert and Pelon bomb the store?
(a) Distracts the security guards.
(b) Phones his journalist friend.
(c) Notifies the police.
(d) Waits in the car.
2. What was the name of Robert's cell mate?
(a) Andy de Silva.
(b) Jackie Milburn.
(c) Tommy Lawrence.
(d) Mickey de Silva.
3. In which part of Los Angeles do the Chicano Militants live?
(a) West Los Angeles.
(b) East Los Angeles.
(c) North Los Angeles.
(d) Central Los Angeles.
4. What name does Brown take for himself?
(a) Bobby Brown.
(b) Gringo Jackson Brown.
(c) Buffalo Zeta Brown.
(d) Carlos Juan Brown.
5. What does the usher mouth through the sound proof glass?
(a) This is for God's people.
(b) No more room.
(c) Time to leave.
(d) Go home.
6. Why does Brown think the arrests are politically motivated?
(a) The government wants to keep problems in Vietnam from the press.
(b) The Mexicans want to start a war.
(c) They occurred before the Presidential elections.
(d) They occurred before the California Primaries.
7. Why do the Militants start showing an interest in Brown?
(a) He is a lawyer.
(b) He has a good knowledge of weapons.
(c) He is friends with a prominent journalist.
(d) He has money.
8. How did Brown travel to Los Angeles?
(a) By bus.
(b) By taxi.
(c) By train.
(d) By plane.
9. What did Robert's family notice on Robert's face at his funeral?
(a) Red scratches.
(b) Purple spots.
10. With which of the following people does Brown live?
11. What slang word does the author use to call the fifty police standing guard outside the church?
12. Robert told his mother that he had been arrested for __________.
(a) Abusing an officer.
(c) Armed robbery.
(d) Being drunk.
13. What does Dave do for a living?
(a) He is an engineer.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is a vet.
14. What does Brown want his journalist friend to do for him?
(a) Contact some big editors.
(b) Write a story.
(c) Bring over some weapons.
(d) Take photographs.
15. The mayor says he wants the group to ______________.
(a) Hold fewer demonstrations.
(b) Stop accusing people of racism.
(c) Disband immediately.
(d) Support President Nixon in the elections.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what kind of religious building does the group decide to hold a fast?
2. What was Robert's condition before the police killed him?
3. In which Los Angeles park does Brown's sister live?
4. Whom does Brown tell to call a meeting for that evening?
5. Who fires Cardinal McIntyre at the end of this section?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)