|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What church are the six Chicano law students fighting against?
(a) The Russian Orthodox Church.
(b) The Islam Church.
(c) The Catholic Church.
(d) The Baptist Church.
2. Whom does Brown tell to call a meeting for that evening?
3. What is the name of the square the group go to for a rally?
(a) Femur Square.
(b) Potsdam Square.
(c) Placita Square.
(d) Tiblo Square.
4. What slang word does the author use to call the fifty police standing guard outside the church?
5. Where do Gilbert and Brown plan to meet before the strike?
(a) At Manny's bar.
(b) In front of the Columbus Statue.
(c) In front of the statue of angels.
(d) In front of Garfield School.
6. What is the name of the church the three hundred Chicanos have gathered around?
(a) St. Thomas's.
(b) St. Mary's.
(c) St. Basil's.
(d) St. Gordon's.
7. The author says that he has been locked out like _____________.
8. With what are thirteen of the Chicano Militants being charged?
(d) Destruction of private property.
9. What does the author say the Chicanos carry as weapons?
(d) Wine glasses.
10. In what kind of church do the the Militants have their offices?
(a) A Catholic church.
(b) An Episcopalian church.
(c) A Baptist church.
(d) A Russian Orthodox church.
11. Robert told his mother that he had been arrested for __________.
(a) Being drunk.
(b) Abusing an officer.
(d) Armed robbery.
12. What is the jury's ruling on Robert's death?
(b) Natural death.
(d) Accidental death.
13. What did Robert's sister buy for him before he died?
14. Whom did Brown meet after he had been in Los Angeles for three months?
15. Chavez is participating in ___________.
(a) A thirst strike.
(b) A silent strike.
(c) Sleep strike.
(d) A hunger strike.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dave do for a living?
2. Brown decides that he is not looking for what kind of lifestyle?
3. Gilbert wants Brown to write for which newspaper?
4. What kind of cocktails do Brown and Gilbert make after the hearing?
5. What is the name of the politician who is killed in this section?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)