|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dave do for a living?
(a) He is a lawyer.
(b) He is a vet.
(c) He is a doctor.
(d) He is an engineer.
2. Whom did Brown meet after he had been in Los Angeles for three months?
3. In which Los Angeles park does Brown's sister live?
(a) Sunset Park.
(b) Petersen Park.
(c) Wilshire Boulevard Park.
(d) Canogo Park.
4. What is the name of the square the group go to for a rally?
(a) Tiblo Square.
(b) Potsdam Square.
(c) Femur Square.
(d) Placita Square.
5. What is the group tense about?
(a) The presidential elections.
(b) The upcoming trial.
(c) The upcoming rally.
(d) The hunger strike.
6. Who is Brown's Chicano Legal Defense funded by?
(a) The Ford Foundation.
(b) The Reagan Foundation.
(c) The Clinton Group.
(d) The Manny Group.
7. How does the owner get the group off his property?
(a) He throws stones at them.
(b) He shoots at them.
(c) He screams fire.
(d) He threatens to call the police.
8. What does Brown vow to do after Robert's hearing?
(a) Leave America.
(b) Free the Chicanos.
(c) Avenge Robert's death.
(d) Expose the police.
9. What does Brown find unacceptable about Dave?
(a) He never visits the poor areas of the city.
(b) He doesn't want any children.
(c) He does projects for the police.
(d) He does projects for the military.
10. What name does Brown say he will give if the police catch him?
(a) Robert's name.
(b) His father's name.
(c) His mother's name.
(d) His own name.
11. Chavez is participating in ___________.
(a) A thirst strike.
(b) A hunger strike.
(c) A silent strike.
(d) Sleep strike.
12. What does Brown do while Gilbert and Pelon bomb the store?
(a) Distracts the security guards.
(b) Notifies the police.
(c) Phones his journalist friend.
(d) Waits in the car.
13. What is the name of the church the three hundred Chicanos have gathered around?
(a) St. Basil's.
(b) St. Gordon's.
(c) St. Thomas's.
(d) St. Mary's.
14. What is the name of the coroner?
15. What is the jury's ruling on Robert's death?
(b) Natural death.
(c) Accidental death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say the Chicanos carry as weapons?
2. What does Brown want his journalist friend to do for him?
3. Why does Brown think the arrests are politically motivated?
4. Why does Armas tell his men to leave Brown?
5. What did Robert's family notice on Robert's face at his funeral?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)