|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4, pgs. 32-47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the hotel Brown first checked into when he arrived in Los Angeles?
(a) The Cupid.
(b) The Belmont.
(c) The Fourseasons.
(d) The Dorchester.
2. What is the name of the bar Manny owns?
(a) Whose the Manny.
(b) Manny's Dog's Dinner.
(c) Manny's Fish Bowl.
(d) Mach Manny.
3. According to Brown, what kind of people populate the surrounding area?
(a) Lawyers and doctors.
(b) Blue collar workers and single mothers.
(c) Blacks and Hispanics.
(d) Tramps and prostitutes.
4. Where does Brown travel to meet Cesar Chavez?
(b) Jefferson County.
5. In which Los Angeles park does Brown's sister live?
(a) Petersen Park.
(b) Wilshire Boulevard Park.
(c) Sunset Park.
(d) Canogo Park.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brown say he considers as part of his cultural heritage?
2. Gilbert wants Brown to write for which newspaper?
3. Brown decides that he is not looking for what kind of lifestyle?
4. Why does Armas tell his men to leave Brown?
5. What does the author say the Chicanos carry as weapons?
This section contains 199 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)