|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4, pgs. 32-47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What event was Manny considered a contender for in the 1952 Olympic Games?
(a) The shot put.
(b) The high jump.
(c) The Javelin.
(d) The long jump.
2. Where does Brown travel to meet Cesar Chavez?
(d) Jefferson County.
3. What word does the author use to describe the names of the insurance companies?
4. What is the name of the church the three hundred Chicanos have gathered around?
(a) St. Gordon's.
(b) St. Thomas's.
(c) St. Mary's.
(d) St. Basil's.
5. Chavez is participating in ___________.
(a) A thirst strike.
(b) A silent strike.
(c) A hunger strike.
(d) Sleep strike.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Gilbert and Brown plan to meet before the strike?
2. For which newspaper does Brown say he is researching an article?
3. The police spray the Chicanos with ____________.
4. What do the Chicano Militants claim they are planning to stage?
5. Why do the Militants start showing an interest in Brown?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)