|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4, pgs. 32-47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Chavez is participating in ___________.
(a) A silent strike.
(b) A thirst strike.
(c) Sleep strike.
(d) A hunger strike.
2. What slang word does the author use to call the fifty police standing guard outside the church?
3. What does Dave do for a living?
(a) He is a vet.
(b) He is a doctor.
(c) He is an engineer.
(d) He is a lawyer.
4. What was the name of the hotel Brown first checked into when he arrived in Los Angeles?
(a) The Belmont.
(b) The Fourseasons.
(c) The Cupid.
(d) The Dorchester.
5. Where do Gilbert and Brown plan to meet before the strike?
(a) In front of the statue of angels.
(b) At Manny's bar.
(c) In front of Garfield School.
(d) In front of the Columbus Statue.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Dave related to Brown?
2. What event was Manny considered a contender for in the 1952 Olympic Games?
3. What do the Chicano Militants claim they are planning to stage?
4. Gilbert wants Brown to write for which newspaper?
5. What does Brown find unacceptable about Dave?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)