|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4, pgs. 32-47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Brown travel to meet Cesar Chavez?
(d) Jefferson County.
2. What event was Manny considered a contender for in the 1952 Olympic Games?
(a) The high jump.
(b) The long jump.
(c) The Javelin.
(d) The shot put.
3. Where do Gilbert and Brown plan to meet before the strike?
(a) In front of the statue of angels.
(b) In front of Garfield School.
(c) At Manny's bar.
(d) In front of the Columbus Statue.
4. Chavez is participating in ___________.
(a) Sleep strike.
(b) A thirst strike.
(c) A hunger strike.
(d) A silent strike.
5. What is the name of the church the three hundred Chicanos have gathered around?
(a) St. Thomas's.
(b) St. Mary's.
(c) St. Gordon's.
(d) St. Basil's.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did Brown travel to Los Angeles?
2. What slang word does the author use to call the fifty police standing guard outside the church?
3. According to Brown, what kind of people populate the surrounding area?
4. Why does Armas tell his men to leave Brown?
5. What is the name of the bar Manny owns?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)