|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4, pgs. 32-47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brown find unacceptable about Dave?
(a) He doesn't want any children.
(b) He does projects for the police.
(c) He never visits the poor areas of the city.
(d) He does projects for the military.
2. What does Brown want his journalist friend to do for him?
(a) Write a story.
(b) Contact some big editors.
(c) Bring over some weapons.
(d) Take photographs.
3. Whom did Brown meet after he had been in Los Angeles for three months?
4. What are the Chicanos chanting outside the sound proof door?
(a) Leave our area.
(b) Let the poor people in.
(c) We also have the right.
(d) Death to Jesus.
5. According to Brown, what kind of people populate the surrounding area?
(a) Lawyers and doctors.
(b) Blacks and Hispanics.
(c) Blue collar workers and single mothers.
(d) Tramps and prostitutes.
Short Answer Questions
1. In which part of Los Angeles do the Chicano Militants live?
2. What event was Manny considered a contender for in the 1952 Olympic Games?
3. Brown decides that he is not looking for what kind of lifestyle?
4. What does Dave do for a living?
5. What slang word does the author use to call the fifty police standing guard outside the church?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)