|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-4, pgs. 32-47.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the hotel Brown first checked into when he arrived in Los Angeles?
(a) The Fourseasons.
(b) The Belmont.
(c) The Dorchester.
(d) The Cupid.
2. What does Brown find unacceptable about Dave?
(a) He never visits the poor areas of the city.
(b) He doesn't want any children.
(c) He does projects for the military.
(d) He does projects for the police.
3. What does Gloria use to attack the altar?
(a) An axe.
(c) A baseball bat.
(d) A golf club.
4. What do the Chicano Militants claim they are planning to stage?
(a) A march.
(b) A protest.
(c) A strike.
(d) A riot.
5. What is the name of the church the three hundred Chicanos have gathered around?
(a) St. Thomas's.
(b) St. Mary's.
(c) St. Gordon's.
(d) St. Basil's.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Armas tell his men to leave Brown?
2. In which Los Angeles park does Brown's sister live?
3. For which newspaper does Brown say he is researching an article?
4. Where do Gilbert and Brown plan to meet before the strike?
5. What slang word does the author use to call the fifty police standing guard outside the church?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)