|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14, pgs. 184-197.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the church office tell Brown on the phone?
(a) Three of their men have been arrested.
(b) They have set off on a demonstration.
(c) They have crashed their bus.
(d) Th police have arrived.
2. Why does Brown not want to represent the militants?
(a) He can't afford to work for free.
(b) It would be damaging to his career.
(c) He needs a holiday.
(d) He doesn't have the experience.
3. Why does Brown say Gilbert has no right to complain to him?
(a) He loaned him money which he has yet to pay back.
(b) He is always ready to help him.
(c) He helped him get off serious charges.
(d) He worked for him as a lawyer when he didn't want to be one.
4. Why does Brown say he is running for sheriff?
(a) For his mother's memory.
(b) For Robert's memory.
(c) For educational reasons.
(d) For political reasons.
5. Brown shows Zanzibar a receipt for ____________.
(a) Robert's funeral bill.
(b) His groceries.
(c) His case of beer.
(d) His filing fee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise does Brown make in Chapter 15 that he doesn't want to make?
2. What does Brown say the East Angeles Thirteen were speaking out against?
3. What does Brown call a racist institution?
4. Whom does Brown think will now win the elections?
5. Why does Brown think the arrests are politically motivated?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)