|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Charlotte respond when Josephine tells her about Eliza's pregnancy?
(a) She hugs Josephine.
(b) She runs out the front door.
(c) She is quiet.
(d) She exclaims with joy.
2. Whose workers noisily cut down a tree in 1924, causing "everybody within a quarter mile" to hear the "crack" (209)?
3. What item(s) does Missus announce someone has stolen from Wildwood?
(a) A brooch.
(b) A pair of cufflinks.
(c) A bracelet.
4. What action does Josephine take when she discovers that Charlotte is being abused by Vern?
(a) She calls the police.
(b) She makes the sign of the cross.
(c) She shouts.
(d) She puts Charlotte to bed.
5. In what way was Isaiah related to Josephine before his death?
6. Which one of the following members of the Revisioners will NOT be joining the chosen group when they make their escape?
7. How long after Jupiter's arrival does Missus's mother-in-law visit Wildwood?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) 2 months.
(c) 1 week.
(d) 1 day.
8. On what part of Charlotte's body does Josephine first notice an injury inflicted by Vern?
(a) Her eye.
(b) Her ankle.
(c) Her arm.
(d) Her nose.
9. Who stays with Eliza throughout each day and night once she becomes pregnant?
10. Which character comes to Josephine's door crying after she has had a long spell with no visitors?
11. Josephine tells Louis that she does not need to have attended school to know that if "you talk to a white man like you got some sense, and he'll" take what action against "your head" (211)?
(a) Blow it wide open.
(b) Bury it.
(c) Cut it off.
(d) Smash it.
12. Which member of the Revisioners accuses Winnie of fixing the results of the annual drawing?
13. Which mixed-race character at Wildwood has the slaveowner at Wildwood for a father?
14. From whom does Ava receive a call telling her that her mother Gladys is in the hospital?
(a) Grandma Martha.
(b) Gladys's neighbor.
15. When Josephine returns to her own house and finds Charlotte on her own porch, what word does Charlotte use to describe her husband Vern?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character does Ava credit with snapping her out of her depression after the breakup of her marriage to Byron?
2. How many friends attend Grandma Martha's book club meeting?
3. Charlotte tells Josephine the day of Vern's visit to Major that she hopes Vern did not inspire what feeling in Josephine?
4. Which farm animal of Josephine's is mysteriously killed soon after Vern's visit to Major and Eliza's house?
5. How many clients show up to Hazel's house for the meeting led by Ava in Gladys's absence?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)