Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Guillaume Le Sueur get most of his information to write his book about Martin Guerre?
2. Why was Jean de Coras killed?
3. What judge's writings were the basis for much of The Return of Martin Guerre?
4. Who intervened when Martin got upset about the situation?
5. How many chambers did the Toulouse Parliament have?
Protestants believed marriage was between the couple who considered themselves married and God and supported the act of divorce if it was necessary. Catholics supported arranged marriages and did not believe in divorce. The author speculates that Bertrande and the impostor, Arnaud, converted to the Protestant faith. Do you think the Protestant views had any effect on Bertrande's and the impostor's beliefs about marriage? Do you think they felt the religion absolved them of guilt?
Why do you think the impostor, Arnaud, protected Bertrande's involvement in the deception even in his last minute confession? What does this say about Arnaud? Does this act make him honorable to some degree?
Of the three main characters (Martin, Bertrande, and the impostor, Arnaud) who would you say is the victim? Are any of them victims? Explain your position.
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)