Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Guillaume Le Sueur get most of his information to write his book about Martin Guerre?
2. Why was Jean de Coras killed?
3. What judge's writings were the basis for much of The Return of Martin Guerre?
4. Who intervened when Martin got upset about the situation?
5. How many chambers did the Toulouse Parliament have?
Essay Topic 1
Of the three main characters (Martin, Bertrande, and the impostor, Arnaud) who would you say is the victim? Are any of them victims? Explain your position.
Essay Topic 2
Considering the three main characters (Martin, Bertrande, and the impostor, Arnaud) who do you find the most fascinating? Which one of these three do you think was the most complex? Why?
Essay Topic 3
Why do you think the impostor, Arnaud, protected Bertrande's involvement in the deception even in his last minute confession? What does this say about Arnaud? Does this act make him honorable to some degree?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)