|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the people who testified the impostor is indeed an impostor, who was the most influential?
(a) Carbon Barrau.
(c) Jean de Coras.
2. What is the significance of the title of the book, "On the Lame?"
(a) The author thought the story of Martin Guerre was lame.
(b) It has no significance.
(c) Lame applies to several elements of the story with different definitions.
(d) Martin is on the run for most of the book.
3. How is "Arrest Memorable" different from "The Admirable History of the Pseudo-Martin of Toulouse"?
(a) "Arrest Memorable" is more accurate.
(b) "Arrest Memorable" is written in English.
(c) "Arrest Memorable" is less accurate.
(d) "Arrest Memorable" is written in Spanish.
4. Montaigne thought hanging Arnaud du Tilh was _____?
(a) Inappropriate for the crime.
(b) The best thing to do.
(c) The worst thing to do.
(d) Appropriate for the crime.
5. Of the people who testified, how many testified that the impostor was indeed an impostor?
Short Answer Questions
1. Martin's appeal was heard in what year?
2. Of the people who testified that the impostor was the real Martin, who was the most influential?
3. How did the impostor's brothers respond when asked to come to the court to testify?
4. Jean de Coras had nightmares about ____________________________.
5. Why was the public so interested in Martin Guerre case?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)