|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year was Jean de Coras killed?
2. Why did the judge arrange a new place for Bertrande to live?
(a) Bertrande wanted to be closer to the impostor.
(b) Bertrande was sick.
(c) Bertrande was being pressured by Pierre to testify.
(d) The judge didn't like Pierre.
3. Which of the following was a possible reason for Bertrande to pretend she didn't know the impostor was not Martin?
(a) Bertande was being abused.
(b) Bertrande wanted a husband.
(c) Bertrande was protecting her inheritance.
(d) Bertrande was protecting her children.
4. When was Montaigne's book, "On the Lame," published?
5. Who decided to interrogate the impostor after Martin arrived?
(a) Guillaume Le Sueur.
(b) President de Mansencal.
(c) Jean de Coras.
(d) Arnaud du Tilh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Jean de Coras is believed to have been a supporter of what religion?
2. What was the impostor's defense to the allegations against him?
3. Who wrote, "The Admirable History of the Pseudo-Martin of Toulouse."
4. Why was the public so interested in Martin Guerre case?
5. How does the account in "Arrest Memorable" depict the impostor's memory?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)