|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wrote Arrest Memorable?
(a) Guillaume Le Sueur.
(b) Arnaud du Tilh.
(c) Jean de Coras.
(d) Michel Du Faur.
2. In Chapter 10, Jean de Coras calls Bertrande _______________ in the identity theft of Martin Guerre.
(a) A martyr.
(b) A defendant.
(c) An accomplice.
(d) A victim.
3. Of the many arguments made about the people involved in the Martin Guerre case, what argument was made about Bernarde du Tilh?
(a) That Bernarde should have been banished.
(b) That Bernarde had no right to inherit Arnuad's estate.
(c) That Martin should not have had to share his house with Bernarde.
(d) That the impostor's family should have raised Bernarde.
4. Why were witnesses brought to the impostor before the trial?
(a) He had a right to try to talk them out of it.
(b) He had a right to question their character.
(c) To say hello.
(d) To observe the impostor's reaction.
5. What year was Jean de Coras killed?
Short Answer Questions
1. ____________________was a little known lawyer and writer.
2. How did Pierre react when he saw the real Martin?
3. What was Montaigne's opinion of Arnaud du Tihl?
4. Of the people who testified that the impostor was the real Martin, who was the most influential?
5. When face to face with the real Martin, how many of Martin's sisters recognized him?
This section contains 261 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)