|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While in jail, Pierre was questioned by Judge Coras. How did Pierre change his story?
(a) Pierre admitted he was mad at the impostor for selling land.
(b) Pierre admitted he lied and that Bertrande never wanted to sue the impostor.
(c) Pierre said he knew all along that the impostor was not Martin.
(d) He didn't; Pierre stuck to his story.
2. What was the title of the article Jean de Coras wrote about marriage?
(a) "Clandestine Marriages".
(b) "The Admirable History of the Pseudo-Martin of Toulouse".
(c) "War and Peace".
(d) "Arreste Memorable".
3. What was the impostor's defense to the allegations against him?
(b) Pierre wanted him out of the way so he could keep all the land.
(c) Pierre hated him and was making up lies to get rid of him.
4. How was Jean de Coras killed?
(a) He was buried alive.
(b) He was shot.
(c) He was lynched.
(d) He was poisoned.
5. Where is Judge Jean de Coras' home?
Short Answer Questions
1. How was the impostor punished for his crimes?
2. Why does the author suspect Martin showed up at the courthouse?
3. What was a typical case for the courts in Rieux?
4. Jean de Coras went on to hold what office for the Protestant Queen of Navarre?
5. Of the many arguments made about the people involved in the Martin Guerre case, what argument was made about Martin Guerre's 12 year absence?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)