|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of the people who testified, how many testified the impostor was the real Martin?
(a) About twenty.
(b) About thirty.
(c) About fifty.
(d) About sixty.
2. In "The Admirable History of the Pseudo-Martin of Toulouse," how was the story presented?
(a) Like an essay.
(b) Like a news story.
(c) Like a diary.
(d) Like a novel.
3. About how many people came to testify in the impostor's trial?
(a) One hundred fifty.
(b) One hundred.
(c) Two hundred.
(d) Two hundred fifty.
4. Of the many arguments made about the people involved in the Martin Guerre case, what argument was made about Martin Guerre's 12 year absence?
(a) That Martin owed Bertrande an apology.
(b) That Martin forfeited his inheritance by leaving.
(c) That Martin should have been punished for abandoning his family.
(d) That Martin was on the run from a crime he committed.
5. What was the title of the article Jean de Coras wrote about marriage?
(a) "War and Peace".
(b) "Clandestine Marriages".
(c) "The Admirable History of the Pseudo-Martin of Toulouse".
(d) "Arreste Memorable".
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decided to interrogate the impostor after Martin arrived?
2. Who made up the chambers of the Toulouse Parliament?
3. What was a typical case for the courts in Rieux?
4. Why were witnesses brought to the impostor before the trial?
5. What judge's writings were the basis for much of The Return of Martin Guerre?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)