|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the impostor react when Bertrande was put in jail?
(a) The impostor broke down and told the truth.
(b) The impostor lost control and had to be held down.
(c) The impostor continued on, not breaking from his story.
(d) The impostor was happy that Bertrande would be jailed.
2. While in jail, Pierre was questioned by Judge Coras. How did Pierre change his story?
(a) Pierre admitted he was mad at the impostor for selling land.
(b) He didn't; Pierre stuck to his story.
(c) Pierre admitted he lied and that Bertrande never wanted to sue the impostor.
(d) Pierre said he knew all along that the impostor was not Martin.
3. How did the impostor explain the timing of Martin's arrival?
(a) The impostor said the real Martin was an agent of Bertrande.
(b) The impostor said the real Martin was an agent of Sanxi.
(c) The impostor said the real Martin was an agent of the court.
(d) The impostor said the real Martin was another agent of Pierre.
4. Toulouse was the _______ of the province of Languedoc.
(b) County Seat.
(d) Police Station.
5. Jean de Coras was a well known lecturer of what kind of law?
6. How did the impostor's brothers respond when asked to come to the court to testify?
(a) They fled.
(b) They refused.
(c) They came right away.
(d) They pretended they didn't get the message.
7. Where was Jean de Coras killed?
(a) On Main Street.
(b) In front of the Parlement of Toulouse.
(c) In the neighborhood pub.
(d) At his home.
8. What happened to Judge Jean de Coras after his religious beliefs became known?
(a) He became famous.
(b) He went bankrupt.
(c) He was expelled from being a judge.
(d) He made a lot of money from his book.
9. How did Martin respond to Bertrande?
(a) Martin kissed Bertrande.
(b) Martin blamed Bertrande for what happened.
(c) Martin hugged Bertrande and gave her a tissue.
(d) Martin told Bertrande he forgave her.
10. What was the impostor's sentence in the first trial?
(b) A fine.
11. Jean de Coras had nightmares about ____________________________.
(a) His wife marrying someone else.
(b) His wife being fooled by an impostor.
(c) The impostor coming back to kill him.
(d) The impostor actually being innocent.
12. Of the people who testified the impostor is indeed an impostor, who was the most influential?
(a) Carbon Barrau.
(b) Jean de Coras.
13. What other language was, "The Admirable History of the Pseudo-Martin of Toulouse" written in?
14. Who wrote Arrest Memorable?
(a) Arnaud du Tilh.
(b) Guillaume Le Sueur.
(c) Jean de Coras.
(d) Michel Du Faur.
15. What was the punishment for impersonating another person?
(b) A fine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the author suspect Martin showed up at the courthouse?
2. Where is Judge Jean de Coras' home?
3. Which of the following was evidence presented in the second trial?
4. Bertrande immediately recognized Martin and ran to hug him. What did she ask him for?
5. In Chapter 10, Jean de Coras calls Bertrande _______________ in the identity theft of Martin Guerre.
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)