|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Pierre originally become angry with Martin's impostor?
(a) Because he was stealing grain.
(b) Because he was mean to Bertrande.
(c) Because he was selling family land.
(d) Because he was rude to Pierre.
2. Bertrande, like most women of her time, took on traditional female work, such as house work, crafting, spinning thread, and baking bread. What other work did women do at the time?
3. What was the impostor's real name?
(a) Leonardo du Mann
(b) Arnaud du Tilh
(c) Michael de Furr
(d) Jean de Coras.
4. What is the main theory of how the impostor learns about the missing Martin?
(a) He is mistaken for Martin by two of Martin's friends.
(b) He reads about it in the newspaper.
(c) He overhears someone talking about it.
(d) He hears about it from Martin.
5. Why did Bertrande have to maintain she always believed the impostor was Martin?
(a) So she wouldn't be hung.
(b) So she wouldn't be charged with adultery.
(c) So she wouldn't be poor.
(d) So she wouldn't lose her children.
6. Where were court cases heard for Artigat villagers and other area villagers?
7. What year did the impostor make his entrance into Bertrande's life?
8. A key character trait known about the impostor is that he was _______.
(b) Very social.
9. Who may have helped Bertrande during the time she was alone?
(b) Bertrande's mother.
(c) Martin's sisters.
(d) Jean de Coras.
10. How many children did Arnaud and Betrande produce?
11. Who do Bertrande and Martin name their baby boy after?
(a) Martin's father.
(b) Bernarde's father.
(d) Martin's uncle.
12. How old was Martin's wife when he disappeared?
13. When did the impostor join the French Army?
(a) After he ran out of money.
(b) After he got in trouble for theft and other crimes.
(c) After his father kicked him out.
(d) After he was caught with the King's wife.
14. The beginning of Chapter 5 found the impostor on his way home, but taking his time about it. Where was he temporarily living?
(a) At a friend's house.
(b) In a hotel.
(c) In a hostel.
(d) On the streets.
15. How many sisters did the real Martin have?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country was the Guerre family's new home?
2. How did the family get to their new home?
3. Why didn't Bertrande end her marriage?
4. Who wrote, "We collected much booty, weapons, horses, golden chains, silver and other things?"
5. Instead of considering Martin and Bertrande's problem as a medical condition, villagers believed they were ______.
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)