Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the impostor's nickname?
2. Why did Martin's impostor demand to see the account books?
(a) He wanted to know how much some of the land was worth.
(b) He wanted to make sure the figures were accurate.
(c) He wanted to figure out what he was owed.
(d) He wanted to see how much money the family had.
3. What did Martin and his wife name their child?
4. What three things does the author say Bertrande did while she Martin was away?
(a) She did crafts, played with Martin's sisters, and raised her son.
(b) She worked, raised her son, and waited.
(c) She spun thread, raised her son, and waited.
(d) She learned to read, raised her son, and played with Martin's sisters.
5. How did neighborhood boys tease Martin and his wife?
(a) They threw rocks at Martin's house.
(b) They followed Martin and laughed at him.
(c) They trampled Martin's flowers.
(d) They dressed up as girls and danced in front of Martin's home.
6. What was the main reason suspected for Martin's sudden disappearance?
(a) He was bored.
(b) Having a baby was too much for him and he wanted to leave.
(c) He was not in love with Bertrande and wanted to leave.
(d) He was accused of stealing grain by his father.
7. What language did the impostor try to learn in order to make his story more convincing?
8. Bertrande, like most women of her time, took on traditional female work, such as house work, crafting, spinning thread, and baking bread. What other work did women do at the time?
9. How many children did Arnaud and Betrande produce?
10. In the beginning of Bertrande's marriage, she spent her free time ___________________.
(a) Playing kickball with neighbors.
(b) Playing with Martin's sisters.
(c) Knitting mittens.
11. What was the outcome of Martin's wound?
(a) He arm was amputated and he got a wooden arm.
(b) He got an infection and nearly died.
(c) His arm was amputated at the elbow.
(d) His leg was amputated and he was given a wooden leg.
12. Overall, Artigat was considered a __________place to live than the impostor's old village.
(a) More important.
13. The author speculates Bertrande dreamed of a husband who would come back and ____________.
(a) Say he was sorry.
(b) Love her.
(c) Be different.
(d) Support her.
14. Which of the following character traits best described Bertrande?
15. Where was the village the Guerre family moved from?
(a) Rieux in Spain.
(b) Fiox in the French province of Languedoc.
(c) Basque country near the border of the Kingdom of Spain
(d) Artigat in the French province of Languedoc.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Bertrande and the impostor stay at the inn instead of going home right away?
2. How was Martin wounded in the Battle of Picardy?
3. Martin is believed to have ended up in the army where he fought in and won a crucial battle. Which of the following is a battle Martin fought in?
4. What is the relationship between Pierre and Martin?
5. Land was limited in the impostor's village. How did peasants find enough land to farm?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)