|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Martin's wife when he disappeared?
2. From whom did the most damning evidence against the impostor come?
(a) A soldier.
3. How many brothers did the impostor have?
4. What battle were both Martin and the impostor said to have fought in?
5. Why did Pierre originally become angry with Martin's impostor?
(a) Because he was stealing grain.
(b) Because he was rude to Pierre.
(c) Because he was selling family land.
(d) Because he was mean to Bertrande.
6. When did the impostor join the French Army?
(a) After he got in trouble for theft and other crimes.
(b) After he ran out of money.
(c) After his father kicked him out.
(d) After he was caught with the King's wife.
7. How long did it take the family to get to their new home?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Two months.
8. How many sisters did the real Martin have?
9. A key character trait known about the impostor is that he was _______.
(b) Very social.
10. The author believes the impostor might have even _________ his act as Martin.
(b) Written about.
11. How did the family get to their new home?
(b) Rode the train.
(d) Rode a horse and carriage.
12. What physical evidence was there that the impostor could not be Martin?
(a) Martin had a wooden arm.
(b) Martin had a wooden leg.
(c) Martin had a glass eye.
(d) Martin was missing a finger.
13. Where was the village the Guerre family moved from?
(a) Rieux in Spain.
(b) Basque country near the border of the Kingdom of Spain
(c) Artigat in the French province of Languedoc.
(d) Fiox in the French province of Languedoc.
14. Who met the impostor first?
(a) Martin's sisters.
15. What was a large area populated by Protestants called in France?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year did the impostor make his entrance into Bertrande's life?
2. Who did Martin marry?
3. Martin's impostor was _________________.
4. The author speculates about where Martin could have gone when he disappeared. What does the author say was the most likely place Martin went to?
5. Who was Bertrande most likely to have told her troubles to?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)