|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The impostor was able to impersonate Martin so convincingly because of his ability to _____.
(a) Take notes.
(c) Remember details.
(d) Speak French.
2. Who met the impostor first?
(b) Martin's sisters.
3. What battle were both Martin and the impostor said to have fought in?
4. Where was the village the Guerre family moved from?
(a) Fiox in the French province of Languedoc.
(b) Rieux in Spain.
(c) Basque country near the border of the Kingdom of Spain
(d) Artigat in the French province of Languedoc.
5. What fact leads the author to believe the impostor was after more than an inheritance?
(a) The impostor's elaborate preparations.
(b) The impostor wrote in a journal that he wanted revenge against Sanxi.
(c) The impostor told people he was in love with Bertrande.
(d) The impostor confessed he wanted Martin's life.
6. Why didn't Bertrande end her marriage?
(a) She wanted her son to get his inheritance.
(b) She needed to be a Guerre.
(c) She wanted to make her mother mad.
(d) She still loved Martin.
7. How long did it take the impostor to get from his old village to Artigat?
(a) One day.
(b) Three days.
(c) Four days.
(d) Two days.
8. Martin's impostor was _________________.
(a) Tall and skinny.
(b) Short and skinny.
(c) Short and stocky
(d) Tall and stocky.
9. What three things does the author say Bertrande did while she Martin was away?
(a) She did crafts, played with Martin's sisters, and raised her son.
(b) She learned to read, raised her son, and played with Martin's sisters.
(c) She worked, raised her son, and waited.
(d) She spun thread, raised her son, and waited.
10. Which of the following character traits best described Bertrande?
11. Who may have helped Bertrande during the time she was alone?
(a) Jean de Coras.
(c) Bertrande's mother.
(d) Martin's sisters.
12. What two hobbies did Martin enjoy?
(a) Horse riding and gymnastics.
(b) Swordplay and acrobatics.
(c) Bowling and soccer.
(d) Horseracing and kickball.
13. How old was Martin's wife when he disappeared?
14. What example does the author give of other people who have taken a false identity?
(a) Kids in Halloween costumes.
(b) Actors in a play.
(c) House burgulars.
(d) Carnival participants.
15. How many brothers did the impostor have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Bertrande, like most women of her time, took on traditional female work, such as house work, crafting, spinning thread, and baking bread. What other work did women do at the time?
2. Why did Pierre originally become angry with Martin's impostor?
3. How many children did Arnaud and Betrande produce?
4. In Chapter 3, the author speculates Martin may have _________Bertrande.
5. The author believes the impostor might have even _________ his act as Martin.
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)