|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Martin marry?
(a) Jean de Coras.
(b) Bertrande de Rols.
(c) Emily de Avis
(d) Bernarde du Tilh.
2. Why couldn't Bertrande end her marriage and remarry?
(a) Sanxi would not let her.
(b) Her child would lose his/her inheritance.
(c) Pierre would not let her.
(d) It was not allowed by the laws of the Catholic church.
3. What is the main theory of how the impostor learns about the missing Martin?
(a) He hears about it from Martin.
(b) He is mistaken for Martin by two of Martin's friends.
(c) He reads about it in the newspaper.
(d) He overhears someone talking about it.
4. Martin is believed to have ended up in the army where he fought in and won a crucial battle. Which of the following is a battle Martin fought in?
(a) The Battle of Picardy.
(b) The Battle of Toulouse.
(c) The Battle of Normandy.
(d) The Battle of Artigat.
5. How many children did Arnaud and Betrande produce?
6. What two hobbies did Martin enjoy?
(a) Swordplay and acrobatics.
(b) Horseracing and kickball.
(c) Horse riding and gymnastics.
(d) Bowling and soccer.
7. What did the village shoemaker say about the impostor's feet?
(a) They had scars.
(b) They were too small to be Martin's.
(c) They only had nine toes.
(d) They were too big to be Martin's.
8. What did Martin and his wife name their child?
9. Land was limited in the impostor's village. How did peasants find enough land to farm?
(b) They steal it.
(c) They go to neighboring villages and use the land.
(d) They use garden boxes.
10. What was the main reason suspected for Martin's sudden disappearance?
(a) He was bored.
(b) Having a baby was too much for him and he wanted to leave.
(c) He was not in love with Bertrande and wanted to leave.
(d) He was accused of stealing grain by his father.
11. How was Martin wounded in the Battle of Picardy?
(a) He was shot in the leg.
(b) He was shot in the arm.
(c) He was shot in the stomach.
(d) He was shot in the hand.
12. How long did it take the family to get to their new home?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two weeks.
13. The beginning of Chapter 5 found the impostor on his way home, but taking his time about it. Where was he temporarily living?
(a) In a hostel.
(b) At a friend's house.
(c) On the streets.
(d) In a hotel.
14. Why did Bertrande have to maintain she always believed the impostor was Martin?
(a) So she wouldn't be charged with adultery.
(b) So she wouldn't be poor.
(c) So she wouldn't lose her children.
(d) So she wouldn't be hung.
15. Arnaud became successful at trading agriculture and ________.
Short Answer Questions
1. From what village did the Guerre family move?
2. What alternate term is used for "Lord," in the impostor's old village?
3. What was a large area populated by Protestants called in France?
4. How old was Martin's wife when he disappeared?
5. How old was Martin's wife believed to be at the time of marriage?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)