|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age was Martin suspect to have married?
(a) Ten years old.
(b) Twenty-two years old.
(c) Twelve years old.
(d) Fourteen years old.
2. How many years was the real Martin gone from Artigat before he returned home?
(a) Fourteen years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six years.
3. What year did the impostor make his entrance into Bertrande's life?
4. What was the impostor's real name?
(a) Jean de Coras.
(b) Leonardo du Mann
(c) Michael de Furr
(d) Arnaud du Tilh
5. Overall, Artigat was considered a __________place to live than the impostor's old village.
(d) More important.
6. What new language is Martin believed to have learned after leaving home?
7. The impostor was able to impersonate Martin so convincingly because of his ability to _____.
(a) Remember details.
(b) Take notes.
(c) Speak French.
8. How was Martin wounded in the Battle of Picardy?
(a) He was shot in the stomach.
(b) He was shot in the leg.
(c) He was shot in the arm.
(d) He was shot in the hand.
9. Why does the author think the impostor was not in a hurry to return to home?
(a) He was afraid of being arrested.
(b) He was tired of traveling.
(c) He didn't want to see his father.
(d) He was looking for adventure.
10. What language did the impostor try to learn in order to make his story more convincing?
11. Instead of considering Martin and Bertrande's problem as a medical condition, villagers believed they were ______.
12. Martin is believed to have ended up in the army where he fought in and won a crucial battle. Which of the following is a battle Martin fought in?
(a) The Battle of Toulouse.
(b) The Battle of Normandy.
(c) The Battle of Picardy.
(d) The Battle of Artigat.
13. Who was Bertrande most likely to have told her troubles to?
(c) Her mother.
(d) Saint Catherine.
14. Why did Bertrande have to maintain she always believed the impostor was Martin?
(a) So she wouldn't be charged with adultery.
(b) So she wouldn't be poor.
(c) So she wouldn't lose her children.
(d) So she wouldn't be hung.
15. What was the outcome of Martin's wound?
(a) His leg was amputated and he was given a wooden leg.
(b) He arm was amputated and he got a wooden arm.
(c) He got an infection and nearly died.
(d) His arm was amputated at the elbow.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom did the most damning evidence against the impostor come?
2. Why did Pierre originally become angry with Martin's impostor?
3. What did Martin's uncle do that further complicated his and Bertrande's strained relationship?
4. Who wrote, "We collected much booty, weapons, horses, golden chains, silver and other things?"
5. Which of the following character traits best described Bertrande?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)