|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The family of Martin's wife paid a __________ for Bertrande to marry Martin.
(b) Million yen.
2. Pierre noticed that Martin's impostor did not participate in _______________ as Martin did when he was younger.
3. How old was Martin's wife believed to be at the time of marriage?
4. How long did it take the impostor to get from his old village to Artigat?
(a) Two days.
(b) Four days.
(c) One day.
(d) Three days.
5. How did the impostor learn initially learn about the details of Martin's life?
(a) By listening to Martin tell his story.
(b) By listening to what Martin's friends said about Martin.
(c) By reading about it in the newspaper.
(d) By listening to two strangers talk about Martin.
6. In what way was the Guerre family's new village most like their old one?
(a) The land was fertile.
(b) The village was very poor.
(c) The leadership was weak.
(d) There were no jobs.
7. Who do Bertrande and Martin name their baby boy after?
(a) Bernarde's father.
(b) Martin's father.
(d) Martin's uncle.
8. Why was the Battle of Picardy so important?
(a) It was the battle where the French defeated the Spanish.
(b) It was the battle where the French lost 1300 men.
(c) It was the battle where the Spanish defeated the French.
(d) It was the battle where the Spanish lost 1300 men.
9. When did the impostor join the French Army?
(a) After he was caught with the King's wife.
(b) After he got in trouble for theft and other crimes.
(c) After his father kicked him out.
(d) After he ran out of money.
10. The author believes the impostor might have even _________ his act as Martin.
(d) Written about.
11. What did Martin and his wife name their child?
12. Who met the impostor first?
(a) Martin's sisters.
13. What did the village shoemaker say about the impostor's feet?
(a) They were too small to be Martin's.
(b) They only had nine toes.
(c) They had scars.
(d) They were too big to be Martin's.
14. In what country was the Guerre family's new home?
15. What is the main theory of how the impostor learns about the missing Martin?
(a) He reads about it in the newspaper.
(b) He is mistaken for Martin by two of Martin's friends.
(c) He hears about it from Martin.
(d) He overhears someone talking about it.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the beginning of Bertrande's marriage, she spent her free time ___________________.
2. Who wrote, "We collected much booty, weapons, horses, golden chains, silver and other things?"
3. How did the family get to their new home?
4. Only one of the children the impostor and Bertrande produced lived. What was this child's name?
5. What alternate term is used for "Lord," in the impostor's old village?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)