|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the Battle of Picardy so important?
(a) It was the battle where the Spanish defeated the French.
(b) It was the battle where the Spanish lost 1300 men.
(c) It was the battle where the French defeated the Spanish.
(d) It was the battle where the French lost 1300 men.
2. Where was the village the Guerre family moved from?
(a) Artigat in the French province of Languedoc.
(b) Basque country near the border of the Kingdom of Spain
(c) Fiox in the French province of Languedoc.
(d) Rieux in Spain.
3. What is the relationship between Pierre and Martin?
(a) They were cousins.
(b) They were brothers.
(c) They were father and son.
(d) They were uncle and nephew.
4. Why did Bertrande have to maintain she always believed the impostor was Martin?
(a) So she wouldn't be charged with adultery.
(b) So she wouldn't be poor.
(c) So she wouldn't lose her children.
(d) So she wouldn't be hung.
5. How long did it take the family to get to their new home?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three weeks.
6. How many brothers did the impostor have?
7. Overall, Artigat was considered a __________place to live than the impostor's old village.
(c) More important.
8. How long did it take the impostor to get from his old village to Artigat?
(a) Two days.
(b) One day.
(c) Three days.
(d) Four days.
9. How many children did Arnaud and Betrande produce?
10. Why didn't Bertrande end her marriage?
(a) She wanted to make her mother mad.
(b) She still loved Martin.
(c) She wanted her son to get his inheritance.
(d) She needed to be a Guerre.
11. How many sisters did the real Martin have?
12. What was the impostor's nickname?
13. The real Martin was ______________ when he was younger.
(a) Short and thin.
(b) Short and stocky.
(c) Tall and thin.
(d) Tall and stocky.
14. Who wrote, "We collected much booty, weapons, horses, golden chains, silver and other things?"
(a) A Spanish journalist.
(b) A Spanish officer.
(c) A French officer.
(d) A French writer.
15. In what way was the Guerre family's new village most like their old one?
(a) The land was fertile.
(b) There were no jobs.
(c) The leadership was weak.
(d) The village was very poor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the relationship between Sanxi and Pierre?
2. Why did Pierre originally become angry with Martin's impostor?
3. Arnaud became successful at trading agriculture and ________.
4. Which of the following was a probable incentive for the impostor to impersonate Martin?
5. What village was the impostor from?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)