|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do Bertrande and Martin name their baby boy after?
(a) Martin's father.
(b) Martin's uncle.
(c) Bernarde's father.
2. Who wrote, "We collected much booty, weapons, horses, golden chains, silver and other things?"
(a) A Spanish journalist.
(b) A French writer.
(c) A Spanish officer.
(d) A French officer.
3. In what way was the Guerre family's new village most like their old one?
(a) The village was very poor.
(b) The land was fertile.
(c) The leadership was weak.
(d) There were no jobs.
4. Pierre noticed that Martin's impostor did not participate in _______________ as Martin did when he was younger.
5. The beginning of Chapter 5 found the impostor on his way home, but taking his time about it. Where was he temporarily living?
(a) On the streets.
(b) In a hostel.
(c) In a hotel.
(d) At a friend's house.
6. Who may have helped Bertrande during the time she was alone?
(a) Jean de Coras.
(c) Martin's sisters.
(d) Bertrande's mother.
7. What year did the impostor make his entrance into Bertrande's life?
8. Why was the Battle of Picardy so important?
(a) It was the battle where the French lost 1300 men.
(b) It was the battle where the Spanish lost 1300 men.
(c) It was the battle where the Spanish defeated the French.
(d) It was the battle where the French defeated the Spanish.
9. With what does Martin's impostor threaten Pierre when he doesn't get his way?
(a) He threatens to kill Bertrande.
(b) He threatens a civil suit.
(c) He threatens to steal all Pierre's land.
(d) He threatens to kill Pierre.
10. Why did Martin want to wait until a peace treaty was signed between France and Spain before he returned home?
(a) He was afraid of being accused of treason.
(b) He was afraid of being blocked by troops from traveling.
(c) He wanted to make sure he is not needed anymore.
(d) He was afraid of getting killed.
11. What village did the Guerre family move to?
12. What new language is Martin believed to have learned after leaving home?
13. How were Martin's problems with producing an heir solved?
(a) Martin started exercising.
(b) The doctor gave Bertrande a special syrup.
(c) An old lady, "Lifted the spell."
(d) The doctor gave Martin a special syrup.
14. Why did Pierre originally become angry with Martin's impostor?
(a) Because he was mean to Bertrande.
(b) Because he was selling family land.
(c) Because he was rude to Pierre.
(d) Because he was stealing grain.
15. What was the outcome of Martin's wound?
(a) He got an infection and nearly died.
(b) His leg was amputated and he was given a wooden leg.
(c) He arm was amputated and he got a wooden arm.
(d) His arm was amputated at the elbow.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what age was Martin suspect to have married?
2. What was the impostor's real name?
3. Martin is believed to have ended up in the army where he fought in and won a crucial battle. Which of the following is a battle Martin fought in?
4. Sanxi and Pierre were good with numbers, but could not____________.
5. What disease was Arnaud believed to be recovering from when he met Bertrande?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)