|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The beginning of Chapter 5 found the impostor on his way home, but taking his time about it. Where was he temporarily living?
(a) In a hotel.
(b) At a friend's house.
(c) In a hostel.
(d) On the streets.
2. Why did Pierre originally become angry with Martin's impostor?
(a) Because he was rude to Pierre.
(b) Because he was stealing grain.
(c) Because he was selling family land.
(d) Because he was mean to Bertrande.
3. What was the impostor's nickname?
4. In what way was the Guerre family's new village most like their old one?
(a) The leadership was weak.
(b) The land was fertile.
(c) There were no jobs.
(d) The village was very poor.
5. What year did the impostor make his entrance into Bertrande's life?
6. How was Bertrande's life affected by Martin's disappearance and the scandal?
(a) Her status in society was elevated.
(b) Her status in society was reduced.
(c) She faced constant teasing from villagers.
(d) She was blamed for running Martin off.
7. How did the family feel about Martin's impostor after they realized he was getting greedy?
(a) They treated him like family.
(b) They regarded him as an outsider.
(c) They wanted him to die.
(d) They respected him more.
8. A key character trait known about the impostor is that he was _______.
(c) Very social.
9. Only one of the children the impostor and Bertrande produced lived. What was this child's name?
10. How old was Martin's wife when he disappeared?
11. The real Martin was ______________ when he was younger.
(a) Short and thin.
(b) Short and stocky.
(c) Tall and thin.
(d) Tall and stocky.
12. Who do Bertrande and Martin name their baby boy after?
(a) Bernarde's father.
(b) Martin's father.
(c) Martin's uncle.
13. How many years was the real Martin gone from Artigat before he returned home?
(a) Two years.
(b) Six years.
(c) Fourteen years.
(d) Twelve years.
14. What did Martin and his wife name their child?
15. What did Pierre do to retaliate against the impostor's threats?
(a) He cut him off financially.
(b) He accused him of stealing grain.
(c) He threatened to kill him.
(d) He accused him of being an impostor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were Martin's problems with producing an heir solved?
2. Why couldn't Bertrande end her marriage and remarry?
3. Land was limited in the impostor's village. How did peasants find enough land to farm?
4. Pierre noticed that Martin's impostor did not participate in _______________ as Martin did when he was younger.
5. What was the impostor's real name?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)