|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many sisters did the real Martin have?
2. While Martin was away, what happened to Sanxi (Martin's father)?
(a) Sanxi caught the measles and nearly died.
(b) Sanxi remarried.
(c) Sanxi died.
(d) Sanxi was injured in a farming accident.
3. Which of the following character traits best described Bertrande?
4. Arnaud became successful at trading agriculture and ________.
5. How long did it take the impostor to get from his old village to Artigat?
(a) One day.
(b) Four days.
(c) Three days.
(d) Two days.
6. What language did the impostor try to learn in order to make his story more convincing?
7. How old was Martin's wife when he disappeared?
8. Why couldn't Bertrande end her marriage and remarry?
(a) Her child would lose his/her inheritance.
(b) Sanxi would not let her.
(c) It was not allowed by the laws of the Catholic church.
(d) Pierre would not let her.
9. What new language is Martin believed to have learned after leaving home?
10. What physical evidence was there that the impostor could not be Martin?
(a) Martin was missing a finger.
(b) Martin had a glass eye.
(c) Martin had a wooden arm.
(d) Martin had a wooden leg.
11. What was the impostor's real name?
(a) Michael de Furr
(b) Arnaud du Tilh
(c) Jean de Coras.
(d) Leonardo du Mann
12. Only one of the children the impostor and Bertrande produced lived. What was this child's name?
13. What village did the Guerre family move to?
14. Who may have helped Bertrande during the time she was alone?
(b) Martin's sisters.
(c) Bertrande's mother.
(d) Jean de Coras.
15. Who did Martin marry?
(a) Bernarde du Tilh.
(b) Jean de Coras.
(c) Bertrande de Rols.
(d) Emily de Avis
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the main theory of how the impostor learns about the missing Martin?
2. Why did Bertrande and the impostor stay at the inn instead of going home right away?
3. Why did Martin's impostor demand to see the account books?
4. In Chapter 1, _________is on the verge of a civil war.
5. In what way was the Guerre family's new village most like their old one?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)