|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author believes the impostor might have even _________ his act as Martin.
(d) Written about.
2. How many years was the real Martin gone from Artigat before he returned home?
(a) Fourteen years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Twelve years.
3. Overall, Artigat was considered a __________place to live than the impostor's old village.
(a) More important.
4. While Martin was away, what happened to Sanxi (Martin's father)?
(a) Sanxi caught the measles and nearly died.
(b) Sanxi was injured in a farming accident.
(c) Sanxi remarried.
(d) Sanxi died.
5. How was Martin wounded in the Battle of Picardy?
(a) He was shot in the arm.
(b) He was shot in the hand.
(c) He was shot in the leg.
(d) He was shot in the stomach.
6. The Guerre family prospered by working in three industries of business. What were the three industries?
(a) Farming, construction, and real estate.
(b) Construction, shoe repair, and real estate.
(c) Farming, shoe repair, and real estate.
(d) Farming, shoe repair, and construction
7. What is the main theory of how the impostor learns about the missing Martin?
(a) He is mistaken for Martin by two of Martin's friends.
(b) He hears about it from Martin.
(c) He reads about it in the newspaper.
(d) He overhears someone talking about it.
8. What village did the Guerre family move to?
9. Who wrote, "We collected much booty, weapons, horses, golden chains, silver and other things?"
(a) A Spanish journalist.
(b) A French officer.
(c) A French writer.
(d) A Spanish officer.
10. Martin's impostor was _________________.
(a) Tall and skinny.
(b) Short and stocky
(c) Short and skinny.
(d) Tall and stocky.
11. Who was Bertrande most likely to have told her troubles to?
(c) Her mother.
(d) Saint Catherine.
12. Why did Bertrande have to maintain she always believed the impostor was Martin?
(a) So she wouldn't be charged with adultery.
(b) So she wouldn't be poor.
(c) So she wouldn't lose her children.
(d) So she wouldn't be hung.
13. How old was Martin's wife when he disappeared?
14. How many brothers did the impostor have?
15. Why didn't Bertrande end her marriage?
(a) She needed to be a Guerre.
(b) She wanted her son to get his inheritance.
(c) She wanted to make her mother mad.
(d) She still loved Martin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What village was the impostor from?
2. How many children did Arnaud and Betrande produce?
3. The real Martin was ______________ when he was younger.
4. Why did Martin's impostor demand to see the account books?
5. How long did it take the family to get to their new home?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)