|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the family get to their new home?
(c) Rode the train.
(d) Rode a horse and carriage.
2. The family of Martin's wife paid a __________ for Bertrande to marry Martin.
(c) Million yen.
3. What was the relationship between Sanxi and Pierre?
(a) They were friends.
(b) They were cousins.
(c) They were father and son.
(d) They were brothers.
4. Overall, Artigat was considered a __________place to live than the impostor's old village.
(c) More important.
5. How did neighborhood boys tease Martin and his wife?
(a) They trampled Martin's flowers.
(b) They followed Martin and laughed at him.
(c) They dressed up as girls and danced in front of Martin's home.
(d) They threw rocks at Martin's house.
6. How long did it take the family to get to their new home?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two weeks.
7. Who was Bertrande most likely to have told her troubles to?
(a) Saint Catherine.
(d) Her mother.
8. Who met the impostor first?
(d) Martin's sisters.
9. Why couldn't Bertrande end her marriage and remarry?
(a) It was not allowed by the laws of the Catholic church.
(b) Sanxi would not let her.
(c) Her child would lose his/her inheritance.
(d) Pierre would not let her.
10. In what way was the Guerre family's new village most like their old one?
(a) There were no jobs.
(b) The leadership was weak.
(c) The land was fertile.
(d) The village was very poor.
11. How were Martin's problems with producing an heir solved?
(a) The doctor gave Martin a special syrup.
(b) An old lady, "Lifted the spell."
(c) The doctor gave Bertrande a special syrup.
(d) Martin started exercising.
12. How many children did Arnaud and Betrande produce?
13. Why did Pierre originally become angry with Martin's impostor?
(a) Because he was mean to Bertrande.
(b) Because he was selling family land.
(c) Because he was rude to Pierre.
(d) Because he was stealing grain.
14. Pierre noticed that Martin's impostor did not participate in _______________ as Martin did when he was younger.
15. What was the impostor's real name?
(a) Michael de Furr
(b) Leonardo du Mann
(c) Jean de Coras.
(d) Arnaud du Tilh
Short Answer Questions
1. Why couldn't Martin and his wife conceive a baby?
2. What was the relationship between Sanxi and Martin?
3. In Chapter 1, _________is on the verge of a civil war.
4. A key character trait known about the impostor is that he was _______.
5. Which of the following character traits best described Bertrande?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)