|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Only one of the children the impostor and Bertrande produced lived. What was this child's name?
2. In Chapter 3, the author speculates Martin may have _________Bertrande.
3. What new language is Martin believed to have learned after leaving home?
4. What was the main reason suspected for Martin's sudden disappearance?
(a) He was not in love with Bertrande and wanted to leave.
(b) Having a baby was too much for him and he wanted to leave.
(c) He was bored.
(d) He was accused of stealing grain by his father.
5. Who was Bertrande most likely to have told her troubles to?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Saint Catherine.
6. What alternate term is used for "Lord," in the impostor's old village?
(c) The father.
(d) Land owner.
7. How many sisters did the real Martin have?
8. How were Martin's problems with producing an heir solved?
(a) The doctor gave Martin a special syrup.
(b) The doctor gave Bertrande a special syrup.
(c) An old lady, "Lifted the spell."
(d) Martin started exercising.
9. Why did Martin's impostor demand to see the account books?
(a) He wanted to figure out what he was owed.
(b) He wanted to see how much money the family had.
(c) He wanted to know how much some of the land was worth.
(d) He wanted to make sure the figures were accurate.
10. Martin is believed to have ended up in the army where he fought in and won a crucial battle. Which of the following is a battle Martin fought in?
(a) The Battle of Artigat.
(b) The Battle of Picardy.
(c) The Battle of Toulouse.
(d) The Battle of Normandy.
11. In the beginning of Bertrande's marriage, she spent her free time ___________________.
(a) Playing kickball with neighbors.
(c) Playing with Martin's sisters.
(d) Knitting mittens.
12. What was the outcome of Martin's wound?
(a) He got an infection and nearly died.
(b) His arm was amputated at the elbow.
(c) His leg was amputated and he was given a wooden leg.
(d) He arm was amputated and he got a wooden arm.
13. Who may have helped Bertrande during the time she was alone?
(a) Bertrande's mother.
(b) Jean de Coras.
(d) Martin's sisters.
14. What two hobbies did Martin enjoy?
(a) Swordplay and acrobatics.
(b) Bowling and soccer.
(c) Horseracing and kickball.
(d) Horse riding and gymnastics.
15. How did the family get to their new home?
(b) Rode a horse and carriage.
(d) Rode the train.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was a large area populated by Protestants called in France?
2. What was the relationship between Sanxi and Pierre?
3. In what country was the Guerre family's new home?
4. What fact leads the author to believe the impostor was after more than an inheritance?
5. What was the relationship between Sanxi and Martin?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)