|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years was the real Martin gone from Artigat before he returned home?
(a) Fourteen years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Six years.
2. Why were there no pictures of Martin to compare to the impostor?
(a) Only royalty had their pictures painted.
(b) Martin didn't like to have his picture taken.
(c) Bertrande tore them all up in anger.
(d) Bertrande burned them all in anger.
3. At what age was Martin suspect to have married?
(a) Twenty-two years old.
(b) Twelve years old.
(c) Fourteen years old.
(d) Ten years old.
4. Arnaud became successful at trading agriculture and ________.
5. From whom did the most damning evidence against the impostor come?
(a) A soldier.
6. Who was Bertrande most likely to have told her troubles to?
(b) Saint Catherine.
(c) Her mother.
7. How was Bertrande's life affected by Martin's disappearance and the scandal?
(a) Her status in society was reduced.
(b) Her status in society was elevated.
(c) She faced constant teasing from villagers.
(d) She was blamed for running Martin off.
8. What did Martin and his wife name their child?
9. The beginning of Chapter 5 found the impostor on his way home, but taking his time about it. Where was he temporarily living?
(a) At a friend's house.
(b) On the streets.
(c) In a hostel.
(d) In a hotel.
10. What did Martin's uncle do that further complicated his and Bertrande's strained relationship?
(a) He married Bertrande's mother.
(b) He married Bertrande's sister.
(c) He accused Bertrande of running Martin off.
(d) He accused Bertrande of stealing.
11. Where was the village the Guerre family moved from?
(a) Fiox in the French province of Languedoc.
(b) Basque country near the border of the Kingdom of Spain
(c) Rieux in Spain.
(d) Artigat in the French province of Languedoc.
12. When did the impostor join the French Army?
(a) After he ran out of money.
(b) After he got in trouble for theft and other crimes.
(c) After he was caught with the King's wife.
(d) After his father kicked him out.
13. Which of the following was a probable incentive for the impostor to impersonate Martin?
(a) A bigger inheritance.
(b) He wanted to hurt Bertrande.
(c) He wanted to steal from Pierre.
(d) He wanted Martin's clothes.
14. What is the relationship between Pierre and Martin?
(a) They were father and son.
(b) They were brothers.
(c) They were uncle and nephew.
(d) They were cousins.
15. Only one of the children the impostor and Bertrande produced lived. What was this child's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. Instead of considering Martin and Bertrande's problem as a medical condition, villagers believed they were ______.
2. Sanxi and Pierre were good with numbers, but could not____________.
3. What is the main theory of how the impostor learns about the missing Martin?
4. A key character trait known about the impostor is that he was _______.
5. How many children did Arnaud and Betrande produce?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)