|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martin is believed to have ended up in the army where he fought in and won a crucial battle. Which of the following is a battle Martin fought in?
(a) The Battle of Artigat.
(b) The Battle of Normandy.
(c) The Battle of Toulouse.
(d) The Battle of Picardy.
2. The Guerre family changes their name in the story. What was their original name?
(d) Van Guerre.
3. What village did the Guerre family move to?
4. Only one of the children the impostor and Bertrande produced lived. What was this child's name?
5. While Martin was away, what happened to Sanxi (Martin's father)?
(a) Sanxi caught the measles and nearly died.
(b) Sanxi died.
(c) Sanxi remarried.
(d) Sanxi was injured in a farming accident.
6. Why did Bertrande and the impostor stay at the inn instead of going home right away?
(a) Bertrande was too overwhelmed to travel.
(b) To get to know one another "again."
(c) To get their stories straight.
(d) Pierre wanted to fix up their house before they returned.
7. What did the village shoemaker say about the impostor's feet?
(a) They were too small to be Martin's.
(b) They only had nine toes.
(c) They had scars.
(d) They were too big to be Martin's.
8. What was the outcome of Martin's wound?
(a) He arm was amputated and he got a wooden arm.
(b) His arm was amputated at the elbow.
(c) His leg was amputated and he was given a wooden leg.
(d) He got an infection and nearly died.
9. How old was Martin's wife when he disappeared?
10. Why was the Battle of Picardy so important?
(a) It was the battle where the French lost 1300 men.
(b) It was the battle where the Spanish defeated the French.
(c) It was the battle where the Spanish lost 1300 men.
(d) It was the battle where the French defeated the Spanish.
11. Overall, Artigat was considered a __________place to live than the impostor's old village.
(c) More important.
12. At what age was Martin suspect to have married?
(a) Fourteen years old.
(b) Twenty-two years old.
(c) Ten years old.
(d) Twelve years old.
13. Pierre noticed that Martin's impostor did not participate in _______________ as Martin did when he was younger.
14. The impostor was able to impersonate Martin so convincingly because of his ability to _____.
(b) Speak French.
(c) Take notes.
(d) Remember details.
15. In Chapter 3, the author speculates Martin may have _________Bertrande.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many brothers did the impostor have?
2. What village was the impostor from?
3. What was the relationship between Sanxi and Martin?
4. How did the impostor learn initially learn about the details of Martin's life?
5. How many years was the real Martin gone from Artigat before he returned home?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)