|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Martin's impostor was _________________.
(a) Tall and skinny.
(b) Short and stocky
(c) Tall and stocky.
(d) Short and skinny.
2. How did the impostor learn initially learn about the details of Martin's life?
(a) By reading about it in the newspaper.
(b) By listening to two strangers talk about Martin.
(c) By listening to Martin tell his story.
(d) By listening to what Martin's friends said about Martin.
3. What village was the impostor from?
4. Why did Bertrande and the impostor stay at the inn instead of going home right away?
(a) To get their stories straight.
(b) Pierre wanted to fix up their house before they returned.
(c) Bertrande was too overwhelmed to travel.
(d) To get to know one another "again."
5. Who met the impostor first?
(b) Martin's sisters.
6. Only one of the children the impostor and Bertrande produced lived. What was this child's name?
7. What battle were both Martin and the impostor said to have fought in?
8. What is the relationship between Pierre and Martin?
(a) They were uncle and nephew.
(b) They were father and son.
(c) They were cousins.
(d) They were brothers.
9. Land was limited in the impostor's village. How did peasants find enough land to farm?
(a) They steal it.
(c) They use garden boxes.
(d) They go to neighboring villages and use the land.
10. What is the main theory of how the impostor learns about the missing Martin?
(a) He overhears someone talking about it.
(b) He is mistaken for Martin by two of Martin's friends.
(c) He reads about it in the newspaper.
(d) He hears about it from Martin.
11. What was the relationship between Sanxi and Martin?
(a) They were father and son.
(b) They were brothers.
(c) They were cousins.
(d) They were friends.
12. What village did the Guerre family move to?
13. The Guerre family prospered by working in three industries of business. What were the three industries?
(a) Farming, construction, and real estate.
(b) Farming, shoe repair, and real estate.
(c) Construction, shoe repair, and real estate.
(d) Farming, shoe repair, and construction
14. What was the outcome of Martin's wound?
(a) He arm was amputated and he got a wooden arm.
(b) His arm was amputated at the elbow.
(c) He got an infection and nearly died.
(d) His leg was amputated and he was given a wooden leg.
15. Who did Martin marry?
(a) Jean de Coras.
(b) Bernarde du Tilh.
(c) Emily de Avis
(d) Bertrande de Rols.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were Martin's problems with producing an heir solved?
2. What alternate term is used for "Lord," in the impostor's old village?
3. How many children did Arnaud and Betrande produce?
4. In the beginning of Bertrande's marriage, she spent her free time ___________________.
5. What disease was Arnaud believed to be recovering from when he met Bertrande?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)