|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did the family get to their new home?
(b) Rode a horse and carriage.
(d) Rode the train.
2. Why was the Battle of Picardy so important?
(a) It was the battle where the Spanish defeated the French.
(b) It was the battle where the French lost 1300 men.
(c) It was the battle where the French defeated the Spanish.
(d) It was the battle where the Spanish lost 1300 men.
3. Martin's impostor was _________________.
(a) Short and skinny.
(b) Short and stocky
(c) Tall and stocky.
(d) Tall and skinny.
4. How long did it take the impostor to get from his old village to Artigat?
(a) Two days.
(b) Three days.
(c) One day.
(d) Four days.
5. What is the relationship between Pierre and Martin?
(a) They were father and son.
(b) They were brothers.
(c) They were uncle and nephew.
(d) They were cousins.
6. How many brothers did the impostor have?
7. Instead of considering Martin and Bertrande's problem as a medical condition, villagers believed they were ______.
8. What fact leads the author to believe the impostor was after more than an inheritance?
(a) The impostor told people he was in love with Bertrande.
(b) The impostor wrote in a journal that he wanted revenge against Sanxi.
(c) The impostor's elaborate preparations.
(d) The impostor confessed he wanted Martin's life.
9. What was the relationship between Sanxi and Martin?
(a) They were cousins.
(b) They were friends.
(c) They were father and son.
(d) They were brothers.
10. Which of the following character traits best described Bertrande?
11. Only one of the children the impostor and Bertrande produced lived. What was this child's name?
12. What new language is Martin believed to have learned after leaving home?
13. What was the outcome of Martin's wound?
(a) He arm was amputated and he got a wooden arm.
(b) He got an infection and nearly died.
(c) His leg was amputated and he was given a wooden leg.
(d) His arm was amputated at the elbow.
14. What alternate term is used for "Lord," in the impostor's old village?
(c) Land owner.
(d) The father.
15. Why did Bertrande and the impostor stay at the inn instead of going home right away?
(a) To get to know one another "again."
(b) Pierre wanted to fix up their house before they returned.
(c) Bertrande was too overwhelmed to travel.
(d) To get their stories straight.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why couldn't Bertrande end her marriage and remarry?
2. Overall, Artigat was considered a __________place to live than the impostor's old village.
3. Sanxi and Pierre were good with numbers, but could not____________.
4. The Guerre family prospered by working in three industries of business. What were the three industries?
5. What was the impostor's nickname?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)