Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1, From Hendaye to Artigat
1. How was the Guerre's home village of Hendaye and their new village, Artigat, the same?
2. If the Guerre's home village of Hendaye and their new village, Artigat, were the same, why did the Guerres move?
3. If passing soldiers in Hendaye were somehow ruining the land, why would that affect the Guerres?
4. Why do you think the DaGuerres shortened their name to Guerre?
5. Why was France on the verge of a religious civil war?
This section contains 1,246 words|
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)