|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, the Return of Martin Guerre.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was the village the Guerre family moved from?
(a) Rieux in Spain.
(b) Artigat in the French province of Languedoc.
(c) Basque country near the border of the Kingdom of Spain
(d) Fiox in the French province of Languedoc.
2. What did the village shoemaker say about the impostor's feet?
(a) They were too big to be Martin's.
(b) They were too small to be Martin's.
(c) They only had nine toes.
(d) They had scars.
3. How did the family feel about Martin's impostor after they realized he was getting greedy?
(a) They respected him more.
(b) They regarded him as an outsider.
(c) They wanted him to die.
(d) They treated him like family.
4. Instead of considering Martin and Bertrande's problem as a medical condition, villagers believed they were ______.
5. How was Bertrande's life affected by Martin's disappearance and the scandal?
(a) She was blamed for running Martin off.
(b) Her status in society was reduced.
(c) Her status in society was elevated.
(d) She faced constant teasing from villagers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Pierre do to retaliate against the impostor's threats?
2. While in jail, Pierre was questioned by Judge Coras. How did Pierre change his story?
3. What was the relationship between Sanxi and Pierre?
4. What was the relationship between Sanxi and Martin?
5. How old was Martin's wife believed to be at the time of marriage?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)