|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, the Return of Martin Guerre.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Toulouse was the _______ of the province of Languedoc.
(b) Police Station.
(d) County Seat.
2. How did Martin respond to Bertrande?
(a) Martin kissed Bertrande.
(b) Martin hugged Bertrande and gave her a tissue.
(c) Martin told Bertrande he forgave her.
(d) Martin blamed Bertrande for what happened.
3. How did the impostor learn initially learn about the details of Martin's life?
(a) By listening to what Martin's friends said about Martin.
(b) By reading about it in the newspaper.
(c) By listening to Martin tell his story.
(d) By listening to two strangers talk about Martin.
4. What is the main theory of how the impostor learns about the missing Martin?
(a) He is mistaken for Martin by two of Martin's friends.
(b) He overhears someone talking about it.
(c) He reads about it in the newspaper.
(d) He hears about it from Martin.
5. Why did Bertrande and the impostor stay at the inn instead of going home right away?
(a) To get to know one another "again."
(b) Pierre wanted to fix up their house before they returned.
(c) To get their stories straight.
(d) Bertrande was too overwhelmed to travel.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was Martin's wife when he disappeared?
2. In the second trial of the impostor, what evidence showed us that Bertrande had not changed her mind about believing the impostor was the real Martin?
3. Who may have helped Bertrande during the time she was alone?
4. What example does the author give of other people who have taken a false identity?
5. How many sisters did the real Martin have?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)