|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, the Invented Marriage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Bertrande most likely to have told her troubles to?
(a) Her mother.
(c) Saint Catherine.
2. The author speculates Bertrande dreamed of a husband who would come back and ____________.
(a) Love her.
(b) Support her.
(c) Say he was sorry.
(d) Be different.
3. What was the impostor's nickname?
4. What battle were both Martin and the impostor said to have fought in?
5. Sanxi and Pierre were good with numbers, but could not____________.
(a) Follow directions.
(b) Write their own names.
(c) Count over 100.
(d) Make money.
Short Answer Questions
1. The impostor was able to impersonate Martin so convincingly because of his ability to _____.
2. Martin is believed to have ended up in the army where he fought in and won a crucial battle. Which of the following is a battle Martin fought in?
3. How old was Martin's wife when he disappeared?
4. What year did the impostor make his entrance into Bertrande's life?
5. The Guerre family changes their name in the story. What was their original name?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)