|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, the Invented Marriage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what village did the Guerre family move?
2. How did the impostor prepare Martin's family for their first meeting?
(a) He sent a friend to Bertrande's house to inform her.
(b) He put an ad in the newspaper.
(c) He announced "Martin's" return so they would be expecting him.
(d) He wrote them a long letter.
3. How old was Martin's wife believed to be at the time of marriage?
4. While Martin was away, what happened to Sanxi (Martin's father)?
(a) Sanxi caught the measles and nearly died.
(b) Sanxi died.
(c) Sanxi was injured in a farming accident.
(d) Sanxi remarried.
5. What was the main reason suspected for Martin's sudden disappearance?
(a) He was accused of stealing grain by his father.
(b) Having a baby was too much for him and he wanted to leave.
(c) He was bored.
(d) He was not in love with Bertrande and wanted to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were Martin's problems with producing an heir solved?
2. What did Martin and his wife name their child?
3. How did neighborhood boys tease Martin and his wife?
4. Which of the following was a probable incentive for the impostor to impersonate Martin?
5. In the beginning of Bertrande's marriage, she spent her free time ___________________.
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)