|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5, the Invented Marriage.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author speculates about where Martin could have gone when he disappeared. What does the author say was the most likely place Martin went to?
2. At what age was Martin suspect to have married?
(a) Twenty-two years old.
(b) Ten years old.
(c) Twelve years old.
(d) Fourteen years old.
3. What year did the impostor make his entrance into Bertrande's life?
4. Why couldn't Martin and his wife conceive a baby?
(a) Bertrande was too young.
(b) Martin was impotent.
(c) Martin had fertility problems.
(d) Bertrande had fertility problems.
5. What could Bertrande have done to end her marriage after Martin left?
(a) She could have filed for a divorce.
(b) She could have remarried.
(c) She could have begged the Pope.
(d) She could have fabricated evidence that he died.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long did it take the impostor to get from his old village to Artigat?
2. Why didn't Bertrande end her marriage?
3. Why did Martin want to wait until a peace treaty was signed between France and Spain before he returned home?
4. What was the impostor's real name?
5. What did Martin's uncle do that further complicated his and Bertrande's strained relationship?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)