|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, the Honor of Bertrande de Rols.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How did neighborhood boys tease Martin and his wife?
(a) They trampled Martin's flowers.
(b) They threw rocks at Martin's house.
(c) They dressed up as girls and danced in front of Martin's home.
(d) They followed Martin and laughed at him.
2. In Chapter 1, _________is on the verge of a civil war.
3. What was the relationship between Sanxi and Pierre?
(a) They were cousins.
(b) They were brothers.
(c) They were father and son.
(d) They were friends.
4. The Guerre family prospered by working in three industries of business. What were the three industries?
(a) Construction, shoe repair, and real estate.
(b) Farming, shoe repair, and construction
(c) Farming, construction, and real estate.
(d) Farming, shoe repair, and real estate.
5. How long did it take the family to get to their new home?
(a) Two months.
(b) Three months.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. The author speculates Bertrande dreamed of a husband who would come back and ____________.
2. In what way was the Guerre family's new village most like their old one?
3. How was Bertrande's life affected by Martin's disappearance and the scandal?
4. The family of Martin's wife paid a __________ for Bertrande to marry Martin.
5. Who did Martin marry?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)