|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, the Honor of Bertrande de Rols.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the author rule out the possibility of Martin having gone to the university?
(a) The university was too far away.
(b) Martin was illiterate.
(c) Martin hated school.
(d) Martin was a peasant.
2. What two hobbies did Martin enjoy?
(a) Horse riding and gymnastics.
(b) Horseracing and kickball.
(c) Swordplay and acrobatics.
(d) Bowling and soccer.
3. Why couldn't Bertrande end her marriage and remarry?
(a) Her child would lose his/her inheritance.
(b) Sanxi would not let her.
(c) It was not allowed by the laws of the Catholic church.
(d) Pierre would not let her.
4. How many years was the real Martin gone from Artigat before he returned home?
(a) Fourteen years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six years.
(d) Twelve years.
5. How old was Martin's wife believed to be at the time of marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what country was the Guerre family's new home?
2. In Chapter 3, the author speculates Martin may have _________Bertrande.
3. What was the relationship between Sanxi and Pierre?
4. In what way was the Guerre family's new village most like their old one?
5. What was the relationship between Sanxi and Martin?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)