|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, the Discontented Peasant.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the relationship between Sanxi and Pierre?
(a) They were father and son.
(b) They were brothers.
(c) They were friends.
(d) They were cousins.
2. The family of Martin's wife paid a __________ for Bertrande to marry Martin.
(a) Million yen.
3. What new language is Martin believed to have learned after leaving home?
4. The Guerre family changes their name in the story. What was their original name?
(d) Van Guerre.
5. Sanxi and Pierre were good with numbers, but could not____________.
(a) Count over 100.
(b) Follow directions.
(c) Make money.
(d) Write their own names.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote, "We collected much booty, weapons, horses, golden chains, silver and other things?"
2. How was Martin wounded in the Battle of Picardy?
3. Why couldn't Martin and his wife conceive a baby?
4. At what age was Martin suspect to have married?
5. How did neighborhood boys tease Martin and his wife?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)