|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, the Discontented Peasant.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What village did the Guerre family move to?
2. From what village did the Guerre family move?
3. Why did Martin want to wait until a peace treaty was signed between France and Spain before he returned home?
(a) He was afraid of being blocked by troops from traveling.
(b) He wanted to make sure he is not needed anymore.
(c) He was afraid of being accused of treason.
(d) He was afraid of getting killed.
4. How was Martin wounded in the Battle of Picardy?
(a) He was shot in the stomach.
(b) He was shot in the leg.
(c) He was shot in the hand.
(d) He was shot in the arm.
5. Where was the village the Guerre family moved from?
(a) Fiox in the French province of Languedoc.
(b) Artigat in the French province of Languedoc.
(c) Rieux in Spain.
(d) Basque country near the border of the Kingdom of Spain
Short Answer Questions
1. Martin is believed to have ended up in the army where he fought in and won a crucial battle. Which of the following is a battle Martin fought in?
2. In what country was the Guerre family's new home?
3. In Chapter 1, _________is on the verge of a civil war.
4. What is the relationship between Pierre and Martin?
5. How did neighborhood boys tease Martin and his wife?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)