|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, the Discontented Peasant.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way was the Guerre family's new village most like their old one?
(a) The land was fertile.
(b) There were no jobs.
(c) The village was very poor.
(d) The leadership was weak.
2. How were Martin's problems with producing an heir solved?
(a) The doctor gave Martin a special syrup.
(b) An old lady, "Lifted the spell."
(c) Martin started exercising.
(d) The doctor gave Bertrande a special syrup.
3. The Guerre family changes their name in the story. What was their original name?
(a) Van Guerre.
4. What was the relationship between Sanxi and Martin?
(a) They were brothers.
(b) They were friends.
(c) They were cousins.
(d) They were father and son.
5. How old was Martin's wife believed to be at the time of marriage?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the Battle of Picardy so important?
2. What was the main reason suspected for Martin's sudden disappearance?
3. Instead of considering Martin and Bertrande's problem as a medical condition, villagers believed they were ______.
4. What is the relationship between Pierre and Martin?
5. What new language is Martin believed to have learned after leaving home?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)