|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, the Discontented Peasant.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take the family to get to their new home?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Two weeks.
2. Sanxi and Pierre were good with numbers, but could not____________.
(a) Make money.
(b) Write their own names.
(c) Count over 100.
(d) Follow directions.
3. In Chapter 1, _________is on the verge of a civil war.
4. How old was Martin's wife believed to be at the time of marriage?
5. What did Martin and his wife name their child?
Short Answer Questions
1. The family of Martin's wife paid a __________ for Bertrande to marry Martin.
2. Why was the Battle of Picardy so important?
3. What new language is Martin believed to have learned after leaving home?
4. How did neighborhood boys tease Martin and his wife?
5. How was Martin wounded in the Battle of Picardy?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)