|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11, Histoire Prodigieuse, Histoire Tragique.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what does Martin's impostor threaten Pierre when he doesn't get his way?
(a) He threatens to kill Bertrande.
(b) He threatens to kill Pierre.
(c) He threatens a civil suit.
(d) He threatens to steal all Pierre's land.
2. What two hobbies did Martin enjoy?
(a) Bowling and soccer.
(b) Horseracing and kickball.
(c) Swordplay and acrobatics.
(d) Horse riding and gymnastics.
3. How long did it take the impostor to get from his old village to Artigat?
(a) Three days.
(b) Four days.
(c) Two days.
(d) One day.
4. Why did Martin's impostor demand to see the account books?
(a) He wanted to see how much money the family had.
(b) He wanted to know how much some of the land was worth.
(c) He wanted to make sure the figures were accurate.
(d) He wanted to figure out what he was owed.
5. How many chambers did the Toulouse Parliament have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote, "The Admirable History of the Pseudo-Martin of Toulouse."
2. What did Martin's uncle do that further complicated his and Bertrande's strained relationship?
3. Bertrande, like most women of her time, took on traditional female work, such as house work, crafting, spinning thread, and baking bread. What other work did women do at the time?
4. How is "Arrest Memorable" different from "The Admirable History of the Pseudo-Martin of Toulouse"?
5. Of the people who testified, how many testified the impostor was the real Martin?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)