|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8, the Trial in Toulouse.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why didn't Bertrande end her marriage?
(a) She wanted to make her mother mad.
(b) She still loved Martin.
(c) She needed to be a Guerre.
(d) She wanted her son to get his inheritance.
2. Why does the author think the impostor was not in a hurry to return to home?
(a) He was tired of traveling.
(b) He didn't want to see his father.
(c) He was afraid of being arrested.
(d) He was looking for adventure.
3. Judge Coras is said to have believed marriage was between the couple and God. What religious view did this belief relate to in the 1500's?
4. Who may have helped Bertrande during the time she was alone?
(a) Bertrande's mother.
(c) Martin's sisters.
(d) Jean de Coras.
5. Martin's appeal was heard in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. What new language is Martin believed to have learned after leaving home?
2. Where were court cases heard for Artigat villagers and other area villagers?
3. How did the impostor prepare Martin's family for their first meeting?
4. What did Martin and his wife name their child?
5. Who was Bertrande most likely to have told her troubles to?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)