|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What years of Spencer’s life were covered in Chapter 6?
2. What changed Spencer’s career and aspirations in Chapter 5?
(a) An operation on a pair of conjoined twins.
(b) A falling out with his colleagues.
(c) Visit to a carnival.
(d) An accident.
3. What did Spencer call the harpy-like creature he created in Chapter 6?
4. In Chapter 7, how long did Spencer’s new show run publicly in the U.S.?
(c) 4 years.
(d) 2 years.
5. What happened shortly after Spencer submitted the fawn-child paper to the academy?
(a) They took away his operating privileges.
(b) They fired him.
(c) They gave him a new program to manage.
(d) They terminated his funding.
6. When was Spencer’s Codex published?
7. In Chapter 5, where was the skeleton of the conjoined twins fused together?
8. How many universities did Spencer approach asking them to publish his paper on the fawn-child?
9. How much did Spencer pay for a fawn-child specimen in Chapter 5?
10. What type of animal did Spencer believe was a relative of the fawn child?
11. Where did Spencer find the dragon specimen?
12. When did Spencer unveil the new show he had created in Chapter 7?
13. How many different species are listed in the Codex?
14. When was a wealthy, eccentric naturalist arrested for fraud and theft?
15. In Chapter 6, where did the dining room of an exclusive dinner club get destroyed because of Spencer’s actions?
(d) New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease did the lizard woman in Chapter 6 have?
2. Where was Spencer’s caravan parked while he and his son created creatures for his show?
3. Where did the legendary Pegasus ascend?
4. What type of tail did the Chimaera have?
5. Why did Spencer decide that the fawn-child was not a ruminant?
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)