|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much did Spencer pay for a fawn-child specimen in Chapter 5?
2. How many heads did the chimaera have?
3. How long after the publication of Gray’s Anatomy was Spencer’s Codex published?
(a) 25 years.
(b) 50 years.
(c) 5 years.
(d) 10 years.
4. In what period of time did Spencer try to learn a lifetime of zoological science?
(a) 3 weeks.
(b) A month.
(c) 4 years.
(d) 5 years.
5. Oddly, how did Spencer feel as he dissected the fawn-child?
(a) Excited and invigorated.
(b) Angry and exhausted.
(c) Vitalized and nourished.
(d) Frustrated and irritated.
6. When did Bernard marry?
7. How many heads did the Cerberus have?
8. In Chapter 7, how long did Spencer’s new show run publicly in the U.S.?
(a) 2 years.
(c) 4 years.
9. In Chapter 7, where did Spencer unveil his new show?
10. When did Spencer write about the dissection of the fawn-child in his journal?
(a) October 17.
(b) August 14.
(c) July 21.
(d) September 3.
11. In ancient times, how was the siren described?
(a) As a fish.
(b) As a polar bear.
(c) As a dolphin.
(d) As a bird.
12. What was the monster-baby that Spencer saw at a carnival in Chapter 5?
(a) Pig fetus.
(b) Camel fetus.
(c) Jelly fish.
(d) Whale fetus.
13. Where did Spencer find the dragon specimen?
14. In 1900, what did Spencer do for a man whose legs had been amputated?
(a) Sewed on legs from a horse.
(b) Sewed on legs of a dead man.
(c) Gave him metal legs.
(d) Gave him hooves.
15. How old was Miriam Helmer when Spencer grafted wings onto her back?
Short Answer Questions
1. What disease did the lizard woman in Chapter 6 have?
2. How did the Academy receive the paper Spencer submitted on the fawn-child?
3. Who published the Codex?
4. When was a wealthy, eccentric naturalist arrested for fraud and theft?
5. Where were great statues of the sphinx found?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)