|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the doctor explain that there isn't a snake loose in the house?
2. Violet says they have to go in the Reptile Room for what reason?
3. What does the doctor suggest is the reason that Dr. Montgomery wasn't bruised?
4. What other children's story does the author make mention of in the story to talk about things that are fake?
5. What does Stephano's bed have on it?
Essay Topic 1
Count Olaf is the bad guy in the story.
1) In what ways is he a 'Criminal Mastermind' if any.
2) Is he smarter than the children?
3) Look at Count Olaf's personality. What are his strengths? What are his weaknesses?
Essay Topic 2
Count Olaf seems to have thought of everything and is even able to pass one of his accomplices off as the doctor.
In what way was it obvious that this was one of his accomplices?
In what way was Count Olaf's planning thorough? In what way did he seem to have not thought things through?
Is it possible that Count Olaf lucked into much of the information and situation that he found himself in?
Essay Topic 3
The children see straight through Count Olaf's disguise when he arrives.
1) Why can't the adults in the story see through the disguise?
2) Why were the children unable to identify the hook handed man before Sunny bit him?
This section contains 1,156 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)