|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephano accidentally call Dr. Montgomery's death?
2. Who does Klaus announce he sees?
3. What does the doctor say that Dr. Montgomery appears to have died from?
4. What does Sunny say when they have caught Stephano in a lie?
5. Where does Violet put the contents of Stephan's suitcase when she enters the Reptile Room?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of chapter ten how does Klaus explain the meaning of Sunny's exclamation 'Aha'?
2. In the beginning of chapter nine what does the narrator explain is different when the children walk into the Reptile Room?
3. Describe what happens when Violet is able to get the suitcase open in chapter eleven.
4. What is the reaction gotten when Sunny is found with the Incredibly Deadly Viper wrapped around her body?
5. What is Stephano's response when he has been caught in a lie about his snake knowledge in chapter twelve?
6. Describe the story that the doctor tells to exlpain the death of Dr. Montgomery?
7. What is Stephano's reaction when Mr. Poe is panicing because Sunny has been bitten by the Incredibly Deadly Viper?
8. What happens when the two cars crash in chapter seven?
9. Describe the scene in chapter seven when Stephano first walks into the room where Dr. Montgomery's body is lying.
10. What does Violet explain that Stephano intended to do after killing Dr. Montgomery?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe fear and the role it plays in the story. Is it possible that fear kept the children from unmasking Count Olaf earlier? Was Count Olaf ever shown to be afraid in the story? Explain your answer
Essay Topic 2
What role does Bruce play in the story? What does the children's response to Bruce's accusation that Dr. Montgomery was a moron say?
Essay Topic 3
There are many different symbols seen in the story.
Discuss the use of the snake as a symbol.
Discuss the use of the eye as a symbol.
How do these two symbols compare to each other and the way in which they were used?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)