|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor say that Stephano is before he goes in to check on the body of Dr. Montgomery?
2. What snake does the doctor say bit Dr. Montgomery?
3. What does Stephano say that they don't have when Klaus accuses him of being Dr. Montgomery's killer?
4. What does Stephano say that the doctor will do for Mr. Poe after he is done with the examination?
5. What is Mr. Poe doing when he hears Sunny?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the situation in chapter twelve where Mr. Poe insists on seeing Stephano's leg.
2. What is Violet regretting in chapter seven while she is getting into the Jeep with Stephano?
3. What does Violet suddenly realize in chapter eleven while she is trying to open the suitcase belonging to Stephano?
4. What does Violet explain that Stephano intended to do after killing Dr. Montgomery?
5. What happens when the two cars crash in chapter seven?
6. In the beginning of chapter nine what does the narrator explain is different when the children walk into the Reptile Room?
7. Describe the story that the doctor tells to exlpain the death of Dr. Montgomery?
8. What is Stephano's response when he has been caught in a lie about his snake knowledge in chapter twelve?
9. What are the children trying to convince Mr. Poe of while they are sitting with Stephano waiting on the doctor to finish his examination?
10. Describe the scene in chapter seven when Stephano first walks into the room where Dr. Montgomery's body is lying.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role do the adults take on in the story? In what ways is it a typical role? In what way is it atypical?
In what ways are the Baudelaire children's role typical? Not typical?
Essay Topic 2
The series is call A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS. What events in the story could be called fortunate rather than unfortunate? Why do the unfortunate events seem to overshadow the others?
Essay Topic 3
Count Olaf seems to have thought of everything and is even able to pass one of his accomplices off as the doctor.
In what way was it obvious that this was one of his accomplices?
In what way was Count Olaf's planning thorough? In what way did he seem to have not thought things through?
Is it possible that Count Olaf lucked into much of the information and situation that he found himself in?
This section contains 1,054 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)