|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stephano holding when the orphans turn to face him?
2. Why does the doctor explain that there isn't a snake loose in the house?
3. The narrator say that Violet is staring at the contents of the suitcase as if they were ___________________.
4. Who does the narrator explain that inventions, such as the one Violet has made, are used by?
5. Who does Violet realize is watching her as she tries to break into the suitcase?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role that the loss of Uncle Monty plays for the children. In what way does it compare to the loss of their parents? Is this loss reflective of what a person might feel in real life? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The children see straight through Count Olaf's disguise when he arrives.
1) Why can't the adults in the story see through the disguise?
2) Why were the children unable to identify the hook handed man before Sunny bit him?
Essay Topic 3
What role does Bruce play in the story? What does the children's response to Bruce's accusation that Dr. Montgomery was a moron say?
This section contains 1,108 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)