|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrapped around Sunny's body?
2. Where does Violet put the contents of Stephan's suitcase when she enters the Reptile Room?
3. What does Sunny say when they have caught Stephano in a lie?
4. What reason does Stephano give for not explaining his vast knowledge of snakes beforehand?
5. What snake does the doctor say bit Dr. Montgomery?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Violet explain that Stephano intended to do after killing Dr. Montgomery?
2. In the beginning of chapter nine what does the narrator explain is different when the children walk into the Reptile Room?
3. What is Violet doing in the beginning of chapter eleven?
4. In chapter ten what does the author tell about the boy that cried wolf?
5. Describe the lockpick that Violet had made.
6. What does Stephano do when Klaus refuses to go until the police are called?
7. Describe how Stephano killed Dr. Montgomery as Violet explains it in chapter twelve?
8. What are the children trying to convince Mr. Poe of while they are sitting with Stephano waiting on the doctor to finish his examination?
9. What is the reaction gotten when Sunny is found with the Incredibly Deadly Viper wrapped around her body?
10. What is Violet regretting in chapter seven while she is getting into the Jeep with Stephano?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There are many different symbols seen in the story.
Discuss the use of the snake as a symbol.
Discuss the use of the eye as a symbol.
How do these two symbols compare to each other and the way in which they were used?
Essay Topic 2
What role does Bruce play in the story? What does the children's response to Bruce's accusation that Dr. Montgomery was a moron say?
Essay Topic 3
Count Olaf is the bad guy in the story.
1) In what ways is he a 'Criminal Mastermind' if any.
2) Is he smarter than the children?
3) Look at Count Olaf's personality. What are his strengths? What are his weaknesses?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)