|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children hope for when Stephano climbs in the Jeep?
2. What does Violet go get from the kitchen to make her invention slick?
3. Why does the doctor explain that there isn't a snake loose in the house?
4. What does Sunny say when they have caught Stephano in a lie?
5. What did Stephano have which belonged to Dr. Montgomery, that Stephano planned to use to pass as Dr. Montgomery?
Short Essay Questions
1. In the beginning of chapter nine what does the narrator explain is different when the children walk into the Reptile Room?
2. What is the reaction gotten when Sunny is found with the Incredibly Deadly Viper wrapped around her body?
3. What does Klaus discover about the Mamba du Mal in chapter nine?
4. What does Violet say that they are going in the Reptile Room for as she describes it in chapter nine?
5. What is Stephano's reaction when Mr. Poe is panicing because Sunny has been bitten by the Incredibly Deadly Viper?
6. Describe how Stephano killed Dr. Montgomery as Violet explains it in chapter twelve?
7. What does Stephano do when Klaus refuses to go until the police are called?
8. What happens when the two cars crash in chapter seven?
9. What is Violet regretting in chapter seven while she is getting into the Jeep with Stephano?
10. Describe the situation in chapter twelve where Mr. Poe insists on seeing Stephano's leg.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The three Baudelaire children aren't shown fighting with each other as normal children often do.
1) Does this make the Baudelaire children less believable? Why.
2) Describe how each of the children differ from each other as normal siblings do. Are there any traits that they do share? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
In what way do the Baudelaire children work together? Could they have defeated Count Olaf if they hadn't had each other? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Poe tells them that good girls shouldn't know how to pick locks. Explain what he meant by this statement.
Mr. Poe says that a grown man doesn't get involved in car chases and that it is a job for the police. What does this reveal to the reader about Mr. Poe's personality?
This section contains 1,023 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)