Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who panics upon seeing Sunny in her predicament?
2. Whose face couldn't be read?
3. What is odd about the doctor's hand when he opens the door to the reptile room?
4. Who does Mr. Poe say can't drive a car to town?
5. What do the children think it would be easier to argue with rather than Mr. Poe?
Mr. Poe tells them that good girls shouldn't know how to pick locks. Explain what he meant by this statement.
Mr. Poe says that a grown man doesn't get involved in car chases and that it is a job for the police. What does this reveal to the reader about Mr. Poe's personality?
The snake was thought of as a friend to the children and the children and the snake cried as they were separated.
1) How would the scene have been viewed differently if the creature had been something more accepted as a pet such as a puppy or a cat?
2) Why did the author chose a snake to be the only thing left to share the Baudelaire's tears?
3) What was the author's purpose in having the snake cry?
The series is call A SERIES OF UNFORTUNATE EVENTS. What events in the story could be called fortunate rather than unfortunate? Why do the unfortunate events seem to overshadow the others?
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)