|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet go get from the kitchen to make her invention slick?
2. What did Stephano have which belonged to Dr. Montgomery, that Stephano planned to use to pass as Dr. Montgomery?
3. What does the look on Sunny's face show she is feeling after exposing Stephano's lies?
4. What is Stephano holding when the orphans turn to face him?
5. What do the children think it would be easier to argue with rather than Mr. Poe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reaction gotten when Sunny is found with the Incredibly Deadly Viper wrapped around her body?
2. In chapter ten what does the author tell about the boy that cried wolf?
3. What does Violet say that they are going in the Reptile Room for as she describes it in chapter nine?
4. Describe the story that the doctor tells to exlpain the death of Dr. Montgomery?
5. What does Klaus discover about the Mamba du Mal in chapter nine?
6. What is Violet regretting in chapter seven while she is getting into the Jeep with Stephano?
7. Describe the scene in chapter seven when Stephano first walks into the room where Dr. Montgomery's body is lying.
8. What does Violet explain that Stephano intended to do after killing Dr. Montgomery?
9. What is Stephano's response when he has been caught in a lie about his snake knowledge in chapter twelve?
10. Describe the situation in chapter twelve where Mr. Poe insists on seeing Stephano's leg.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does Bruce play in the story? What does the children's response to Bruce's accusation that Dr. Montgomery was a moron say?
Essay Topic 2
Describe fear and the role it plays in the story. Is it possible that fear kept the children from unmasking Count Olaf earlier? Was Count Olaf ever shown to be afraid in the story? Explain your answer
Essay Topic 3
Describe Count Olaf's character. How does it compare to his fictional character, Stephano? Is there any difference between the two other than an eyebrow, the beard and the tattoo on the ankle?
This section contains 989 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)