Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Monty say in his letter he has NOT gone to town to get?
2. What does Klaus ask Violet if they can do?
3. What does Dr. Montgomery say the Barbary Chewer will begin to do if it doesn't have something in its mouth at all times?
4. What does Sunny put in her room?
5. What does Dr. Montgomery suggest he could get for Sunny?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the children find when the open the door of the Reptile Room?
2. Describe the animals and things in the Reptile Room.
3. What are the children trying to convince Mr. Poe of while they are sitting with Stephano waiting on the doctor to finish his examination?
4. What happens as the doctor is leading Olaf out the door?
5. What does Bruce and the children argue over?
6. Describe the scene at the end of the book where the children are talking to each other and saying goodbye to the Incredibly Deadly Viper.
7. Describe the arrival of Stephano in chapter three and the children's realization.
8. What does Klaus discover about the Mamba du Mal in chapter nine?
9. What does Violet think about while she is standing outside Stephano's bedroom door?
10. Describe the scene which Dr. Montgomery wishes to happen when he unveils the Incredibly Deadly Viper as he describes in it chapter three?
Essay Topic 1
The children see straight through Count Olaf's disguise when he arrives.
1) Why can't the adults in the story see through the disguise?
2) Why were the children unable to identify the hook handed man before Sunny bit him?
Essay Topic 2
In what way do the Baudelaire children work together? Could they have defeated Count Olaf if they hadn't had each other? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
What role do the adults take on in the story? In what ways is it a typical role? In what way is it atypical?
In what ways are the Baudelaire children's role typical? Not typical?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)