|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dr. Montgomery say the children and he will be going in just ten days?
2. What does Dr. Montgomery explain has happened that has put him behind in his preparations?
3. Who opens Violet's bedroom door?
4. What does Violet have tacked up on her wall to sketch out her ideas?
5. What does Sunny put in her room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the children thinking when Mr. Poe rings the bell at Dr. Montgomery's house?
2. Describe the situation in chapter twelve where Mr. Poe insists on seeing Stephano's leg.
3. What are the children trying to convince Mr. Poe of while they are sitting with Stephano waiting on the doctor to finish his examination?
4. Describe the scene in chapter seven when Stephano first walks into the room where Dr. Montgomery's body is lying.
5. Describe the different deadly snakes that Dr. Montgomery explains to the children he has and what they can do as described in chapter three.
6. What is Stephano's reaction when Mr. Poe is panicing because Sunny has been bitten by the Incredibly Deadly Viper?
7. What does Count Olaf tell the children that convinces them to start calling him Stephano?
8. Describe the scene which Dr. Montgomery wishes to happen when he unveils the Incredibly Deadly Viper as he describes in it chapter three?
9. Describe the animals and things in the Reptile Room.
10. In chapter one how is the life of the Baudelaire children summarized up to the point where they are driving to their new home with the unknown relative?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
1) What is significant about Violet's need to pull her hair back in order to think properly?
2) Does this trait add or detract from her character?
3) How does her idiosyncrasy compare to those found in real life?
Essay Topic 2
In what way do the Baudelaire children work together? Could they have defeated Count Olaf if they hadn't had each other? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
All the characters in the story are loyal to something. Define loyalty. Look at each character and explain what they are loyal to and how it is shown in the story.
This section contains 1,858 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)