|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klaus suggest they do in order to get away from Count Olaf?
2. What kind of toothbrush does Uncle Monty tell the children he bought?
3. Dissonant Toad is known for imitating what?
4. What does Uncle Monty want to show Violet he has bought before she tells him her important information?
5. What does Violet say they are old enough to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Violet and Klaus doing while they are riding in the car to their new home?
2. What does Mr. Poe tell the children in chapter one as they are walking up to the door?
3. What does the narrator explain that Klaus will regret later on in his life?
4. How does Mr. Poe's reaction to the escape of Count Olaf differ from that of the children?
5. What does Violet say that they are going in the Reptile Room for as she describes it in chapter nine?
6. What do the children discuss in Violet's room in chapter six after they are done at the movies?
7. What do the children remember in chapter three while thinking about heir parents?
8. Describe the first sight of Dr. Montgomery's house that the children get in chapter one?
9. What does Violet explain that Stephano intended to do after killing Dr. Montgomery?
10. Explain Mr. Poe and the children's conversation when they tell Mr. Poe goodbye and walk him to the car in chapter two.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the role that the loss of Uncle Monty plays for the children. In what way does it compare to the loss of their parents? Is this loss reflective of what a person might feel in real life? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The three Baudelaire children aren't shown fighting with each other as normal children often do.
1) Does this make the Baudelaire children less believable? Why.
2) Describe how each of the children differ from each other as normal siblings do. Are there any traits that they do share? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Count Olaf's character. How does it compare to his fictional character, Stephano? Is there any difference between the two other than an eyebrow, the beard and the tattoo on the ankle?
This section contains 1,766 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)