|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Poe say that Dr. Montgomery has done that gives him a great many stories to tell?
2. What does Uncle Monty tell the children that his jealous roommate in college did?
3. What have the shrubs been cut to look like?
4. What reason does Mr. Poe give for not being able to take the children's luggage with them?
5. What kind of fruit do the trees near Lousy Lane produce?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tasks does Dr. Montgomery say must be done before they leave for Peru?
2. What does Uncle Monty tell the children he wants to discuss with them outside in chapter four?
3. What do the children find when the open the door of the Reptile Room?
4. What does the narrator explain in chapter four will be another regret that the Baudelaire children will have when Uncle Monty gets home from picking up supplies?
5. In chapter six what does the narrator tell the reader that they can do with the book instead of finishing it?
6. What does Dr. Montgomery call the children and what is the explanation he gives for being so excited?
7. Describe the arrival of Stephano in chapter three and the children's realization.
8. Describe how life goes for the Baudelaire children for a week or so in chapter three?
9. Describe the scene in chapter six when the Baudelaire children are watching Zombies in the Snow.
10. Describe the scene in chapter two when Mr. Poe asks Dr. Montgomery who will be looking after the children?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Although the Baudelaire children and Olaf are the main focus of the story there are other characters involved.
Look at Mr. Poe and Uncle Monty. Describe Mr. Poe's personality. Describe Uncle Monty's personality.
Which one of these characters is a more accurate description of Count Olaf's opposite? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
What role does Bruce play in the story? What does the children's response to Bruce's accusation that Dr. Montgomery was a moron say?
Essay Topic 3
Compare Luck to Planing and Preparation.
1) There are a few good things that happen to the Baudelaire children. Are those things more likely luck or preparation and planning?
2) Is it more important to be lucky or prepared?
3) In what way could the Baudelaire children have prepared themselves more?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)