|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dr. Montgomery say the children and he will be going in just ten days?
2. What does Violet have tacked up on her wall to sketch out her ideas?
3. Dissonant Toad is known for imitating what?
4. Who do the children suggest calling to tell that Count Olaf has appeared in the house?
5. What does Sunny put in her room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator explain in chapter four will be another regret that the Baudelaire children will have when Uncle Monty gets home from picking up supplies?
2. Describe the situation when Dr. Montgomery tells the children to go find a room in his house?
3. Describe the scene which Dr. Montgomery wishes to happen when he unveils the Incredibly Deadly Viper as he describes in it chapter three?
4. What does the narrator explain that Klaus will regret later on in his life?
5. What are Violet and Klaus doing while they are riding in the car to their new home?
6. Describe the different deadly snakes that Dr. Montgomery explains to the children he has and what they can do as described in chapter three.
7. What do the children discuss in Violet's room in chapter six after they are done at the movies?
8. Describe Lousy Lane that the children drive down to their new home in chapter one?
9. What does Count Olaf tell the children that convinces them to start calling him Stephano?
10. What is 'Stephano's' response to Violet and Klaus calling him Count Olaf?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The three Baudelaire children aren't shown fighting with each other as normal children often do.
1) Does this make the Baudelaire children less believable? Why.
2) Describe how each of the children differ from each other as normal siblings do. Are there any traits that they do share? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
What role does Bruce play in the story? What does the children's response to Bruce's accusation that Dr. Montgomery was a moron say?
Essay Topic 3
1) What is significant about Violet's need to pull her hair back in order to think properly?
2) Does this trait add or detract from her character?
3) How does her idiosyncrasy compare to those found in real life?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)