|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word is used to describe Violet's homemade invention?
(a) Poorly made
2. Where does Stephano tell Mr. Poe he is taking the children?
(a) To find a snake expert
(b) To Peru
(c) To get a doctor
(d) To the orphanage
3. What does Violet do to her invention to make it slide easier?
(a) Licks it
(b) Sprays cooking oil on it
(c) Puts some grease on it
(d) Dips it in the cold coffee made by Stephano
4. What can Violet see Stephano explaining but doesn't know what he is saying?
(a) Stephano explaining he is a snake expert
(b) Stephano telling everyone how wonderful he is
(c) Stephano telling Mr. Poe that Sunny isn't hurt
(d) Stephano explaining how he found Dr. Montgomery
5. What does Mr. Poe get to rub Stephano's ankle?
(b) Snot rag
(c) Coat jacket
(d) Wash cloth
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Violet created when she is done?
2. What does the word 'Brummagem' mean as it is used to describe Stephano's look of surprise?
3. What does Violet go get from the kitchen to make her invention slick?
4. What is wrapped around Sunny's body?
5. Who does Mr. Poe say can't drive a car to town?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Violet regretting in chapter seven while she is getting into the Jeep with Stephano?
2. What does Klaus and Mr. Poe discuss while they are walking up to the house in chapter eight?
3. What does Violet explain that Stephano intended to do after killing Dr. Montgomery?
4. In the beginning of chapter nine what does the narrator explain is different when the children walk into the Reptile Room?
5. Describe how Stephano killed Dr. Montgomery as Violet explains it in chapter twelve?
6. Describe what happens when Violet is able to get the suitcase open in chapter eleven.
7. Describe the situation in chapter twelve where Mr. Poe insists on seeing Stephano's leg.
8. In chapter eight what does the narrator explain is the difference between Violet and Klaus in regards to their regrets?
9. Describe the scene in chapter seven when Stephano first walks into the room where Dr. Montgomery's body is lying.
10. What does Violet think about while she is standing outside Stephano's bedroom door?
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)