|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Klaus say he doesn't want to go in the Reptile Room?
(a) Count Olaf might come in and find them
(b) The snake might still be loose
(c) They haven't been given permission
(d) Uncle Monty died in there
2. What makes Klaus suddenly very angry with the doctor?
(a) He broke Dr. Montgomery's chair
(b) He is stealking Dr. Montgomery's silverware
(c) He peed on the carpet
(d) He is eating Dr. Montgomery's food
3. What word is used to describe Violet's homemade invention?
(b) Poorly made
4. What does Violet NOT find in the suitcase when it is open?
(b) A laminated card
(c) Syringe with a needle
5. What does Stephano accidentally call Dr. Montgomery's death?
(b) Good luck
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator explain that inventions, such as the one Violet has made, are used by?
2. What is the first story that the narrator makes mention of to relate a moral of not lying?
3. How does Stephano describe Dr. Montgomery's death?
4. The narrator say that Violet is staring at the contents of the suitcase as if they were ___________________.
5. Whose face couldn't be read?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens when Violet is able to get the suitcase open in chapter eleven.
2. What happens when the two cars crash in chapter seven?
3. What does Violet think about while she is standing outside Stephano's bedroom door?
4. What does Klaus and Mr. Poe discuss while they are walking up to the house in chapter eight?
5. What is Stephano's response when he has been caught in a lie about his snake knowledge in chapter twelve?
6. What does Violet say that they are going in the Reptile Room for as she describes it in chapter nine?
7. Describe how Stephano killed Dr. Montgomery as Violet explains it in chapter twelve?
8. What is Stephano's reaction when Mr. Poe is panicing because Sunny has been bitten by the Incredibly Deadly Viper?
9. What does Klaus discover about the Mamba du Mal in chapter nine?
10. In chapter ten what does the author tell about the boy that cried wolf?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)