|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Stephano holding when the orphans turn to face him?
(a) Tickets for the boat
(b) A book on poisons
(c) Black Suitcase
(d) Green leather writing case
2. What does Stephano say that the doctor will do for Mr. Poe after he is done with the examination?
(a) Take him to the police station to fill out a report
(b) Drive him to town to get a differnt car
(c) Drive Mr. Poe to town for a mechanic
(d) Drive him to a place where the body can't be found
3. What does Stephano's bed have on it?
(a) Toe nail clippings and cracker crumbs
(b) Dirty underwear and stinkie socks
(c) Cracker crumbs and hair
(d) Cookie crumbs and used tissues
4. What does Violet do that signifies she is trying to think?
(a) Begins to hum the theme to jeapordy
(b) Pulls out a pen and paper
(c) Pulls her hair back
(d) Turns her hat around backwards
5. What reason does Stephano claim to be the reason he doesn't want Mr. Poe to rub his ankle?
(b) He hardly knows Mr. Poe
(c) His ankle is sore
(d) Personal space
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sunny do, after Violet has left the room, while sitting in front of the Incredibly Deadly Viper's open cage?
2. What other children's story does the author make mention of in the story to talk about things that are fake?
3. What does Stephano pull out when Klaus says he will call the police?
4. What does Violet NOT find in the suitcase when it is open?
5. Why does Klaus say he doesn't want to go in the Reptile Room?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the lockpick that Violet had made.
2. Describe how Stephano killed Dr. Montgomery as Violet explains it in chapter twelve?
3. In chapter eight what does the narrator explain is the difference between Violet and Klaus in regards to their regrets?
4. What is the reaction gotten when Sunny is found with the Incredibly Deadly Viper wrapped around her body?
5. Describe the story that the doctor tells to exlpain the death of Dr. Montgomery?
6. Describe the situation in chapter twelve where Mr. Poe insists on seeing Stephano's leg.
7. What happens when the two cars crash in chapter seven?
8. In the beginning of chapter nine what does the narrator explain is different when the children walk into the Reptile Room?
9. What is Violet doing in the beginning of chapter eleven?
10. What does Klaus and Mr. Poe discuss while they are walking up to the house in chapter eight?
This section contains 1,100 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)