|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Stephano tell Mr. Poe he is taking the children?
(a) To find a snake expert
(b) To get a doctor
(c) To the orphanage
(d) To Peru
2. What is the first story that the narrator makes mention of to relate a moral of not lying?
(a) The Boy That Cried Wolf
(b) The Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
(d) The Honest Woodcutter
3. Where does Violet put the contents of Stephan's suitcase when she enters the Reptile Room?
(a) On a table
(b) In a box
(c) Where Dr. Montgomery's body had been found
(d) In an evidence bag
4. What does Stephano call Mr. Poe when he pretends to first meet Mr. Poe?
(a) Mr. Pae
(b) Mr. Flibbidijibit
(c) Mr. Woe
(d) Mr. Foe
5. What does Mr. Poe NOT say proves that Stephano is not Count Olaf?
(a) Hooked finger
(b) Stephano's unblemished ankle
(c) Stephano's beard
(d) Missing the one eyebrow
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet do to her invention to make it slide easier?
2. Violet says they have to go in the Reptile Room for what reason?
3. What has Violet created when she is done?
4. What did Stephano have which belonged to Dr. Montgomery, that Stephano planned to use to pass as Dr. Montgomery?
5. What other children's story does the author make mention of in the story to talk about things that are fake?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Stephano do when Klaus refuses to go until the police are called?
2. What does Violet say that they are going in the Reptile Room for as she describes it in chapter nine?
3. Describe the situation in chapter twelve where Mr. Poe insists on seeing Stephano's leg.
4. What is Violet doing in the beginning of chapter eleven?
5. What does Klaus and Mr. Poe discuss while they are walking up to the house in chapter eight?
6. What does Klaus discover about the Mamba du Mal in chapter nine?
7. What does Violet think about while she is standing outside Stephano's bedroom door?
8. In the beginning of chapter nine what does the narrator explain is different when the children walk into the Reptile Room?
9. What does Violet explain that Stephano intended to do after killing Dr. Montgomery?
10. At the end of chapter ten how does Klaus explain the meaning of Sunny's exclamation 'Aha'?
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)