|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is odd about the doctor's hand when he opens the door to the reptile room?
(a) He has to use both of them
(b) It is to short
(c) It makes a metal clanging sound
(d) It is stiff
2. What does Stephano pull out when Klaus says he will call the police?
(a) A walkie talkie
(b) His knife
(c) Wire Cutters
(d) The police number
3. What makes Klaus suddenly very angry with the doctor?
(a) He peed on the carpet
(b) He is eating Dr. Montgomery's food
(c) He is stealking Dr. Montgomery's silverware
(d) He broke Dr. Montgomery's chair
4. What does Violet do that signifies she is trying to think?
(a) Pulls out a pen and paper
(b) Begins to hum the theme to jeapordy
(c) Turns her hat around backwards
(d) Pulls her hair back
5. Where does Violet say she is going while Klaus looks for info about the Mamba du Mal?
(a) Stephano's room
(b) To call the police
(c) To look through the doctor's car
(d) Uncle Monty's room
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet do to her invention to make it slide easier?
2. What does Stephano's bed have on it?
3. Who does Mr. Poe say can't drive a car to town?
4. What does Violet NOT find in the suitcase when it is open?
5. Whose face couldn't be read?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Stephano killed Dr. Montgomery as Violet explains it in chapter twelve?
2. Describe the scene in chapter seven when Stephano first walks into the room where Dr. Montgomery's body is lying.
3. Describe what happens when Violet is able to get the suitcase open in chapter eleven.
4. In the beginning of chapter nine what does the narrator explain is different when the children walk into the Reptile Room?
5. What is Violet doing in the beginning of chapter eleven?
6. In chapter eight what does the narrator explain is the difference between Violet and Klaus in regards to their regrets?
7. What does Klaus and Mr. Poe discuss while they are walking up to the house in chapter eight?
8. Describe the story that the doctor tells to exlpain the death of Dr. Montgomery?
9. What does Violet suddenly realize in chapter eleven while she is trying to open the suitcase belonging to Stephano?
10. What happens when the two cars crash in chapter seven?
This section contains 1,036 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)