|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet do to her invention to make it slide easier?
(a) Puts some grease on it
(b) Sprays cooking oil on it
(c) Dips it in the cold coffee made by Stephano
(d) Licks it
2. What is one of the reasons given that a person shouldn't play with electricity?
(a) It could start a fire
(b) It will mess up your hair
(c) It is illegal
(d) You might get electrocuted
3. What does the look on Sunny's face show she is feeling after exposing Stephano's lies?
4. What does Mr. Poe say about picking a lock?
(a) Mr. Poe needs to learn how
(b) It is very interesting
(c) Good girls shouldn't know how
(d) It is illegal
5. Why does the doctor explain that there isn't a snake loose in the house?
(a) The snake got out through a window
(b) Dr. Mongomery fell on the snake crushing it
(c) It locked itself back up
(d) Dr. Montgomery had stuck his face in the cage
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet tell the other two that they need to find in the Reptile Room?
2. Who pulls up behind the children and Mr. Poe while they are still walking back to Dr. Montgomery's house?
3. What did Stephano have which belonged to Dr. Montgomery, that Stephano planned to use to pass as Dr. Montgomery?
4. Where does Violet put the contents of Stephan's suitcase when she enters the Reptile Room?
5. What does Sunny do, after Violet has left the room, while sitting in front of the Incredibly Deadly Viper's open cage?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter ten what does the author tell about the boy that cried wolf?
2. What does Violet say that they are going in the Reptile Room for as she describes it in chapter nine?
3. Describe how Stephano killed Dr. Montgomery as Violet explains it in chapter twelve?
4. At the end of chapter ten how does Klaus explain the meaning of Sunny's exclamation 'Aha'?
5. What is Violet doing in the beginning of chapter eleven?
6. What is Stephano's reaction when Mr. Poe is panicing because Sunny has been bitten by the Incredibly Deadly Viper?
7. What happens when the two cars crash in chapter seven?
8. Describe the story that the doctor tells to exlpain the death of Dr. Montgomery?
9. What is Stephano's response when he has been caught in a lie about his snake knowledge in chapter twelve?
10. In chapter eight what does the narrator explain is the difference between Violet and Klaus in regards to their regrets?
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)