|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose face couldn't be read?
(d) The Incredibly Deadly Viper
2. What reason does Stephano claim to be the reason he doesn't want Mr. Poe to rub his ankle?
(b) He hardly knows Mr. Poe
(c) Personal space
(d) His ankle is sore
3. What is the first story that the narrator makes mention of to relate a moral of not lying?
(a) The Boy That Cried Wolf
(b) The Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
(d) The Honest Woodcutter
4. What does Violet go get from the kitchen to make her invention slick?
(a) Cake icing
(b) Baking grease
(d) Cooking oil
5. Where does Violet say she is going while Klaus looks for info about the Mamba du Mal?
(a) Stephano's room
(b) To look through the doctor's car
(c) To call the police
(d) Uncle Monty's room
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephano say that the doctor will do for Mr. Poe after he is done with the examination?
2. What does the doctor suggest is the reason that Dr. Montgomery wasn't bruised?
3. How does Stephano describe Dr. Montgomery's death?
4. Who does Mr. Poe say can't drive a car to town?
5. What does Stephano call Mr. Poe when he pretends to first meet Mr. Poe?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Stephano's reaction when Mr. Poe is panicing because Sunny has been bitten by the Incredibly Deadly Viper?
2. In chapter ten what does the author tell about the boy that cried wolf?
3. Describe the lockpick that Violet had made.
4. What does Klaus discover about the Mamba du Mal in chapter nine?
5. Describe the scene in chapter seven when Stephano first walks into the room where Dr. Montgomery's body is lying.
6. Describe what happens when Violet is able to get the suitcase open in chapter eleven.
7. What are the children trying to convince Mr. Poe of while they are sitting with Stephano waiting on the doctor to finish his examination?
8. What happens when the two cars crash in chapter seven?
9. What does Violet say that they are going in the Reptile Room for as she describes it in chapter nine?
10. What does Violet explain that Stephano intended to do after killing Dr. Montgomery?
This section contains 1,055 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)