|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author tell the reader that it is good and necessary to do sometimes?
(d) Trick people
2. Where does Stephano tell Mr. Poe he is taking the children?
(a) To the orphanage
(b) To find a snake expert
(c) To Peru
(d) To get a doctor
3. What does Mr. Poe say about picking a lock?
(a) It is very interesting
(b) Mr. Poe needs to learn how
(c) Good girls shouldn't know how
(d) It is illegal
4. What does Mr. Poe get to rub Stephano's ankle?
(a) Wash cloth
(c) Coat jacket
(d) Snot rag
5. What does the doctor suggest is the reason that Dr. Montgomery wasn't bruised?
(a) The snake had been injured and was too sore
(b) The snake didn't feel like bruising him
(c) Dr. Montgomery put his face in the cage
(d) The snake was trying to frame the frogs
Short Answer Questions
1. The narrator say that Violet is staring at the contents of the suitcase as if they were ___________________.
2. Why does the doctor explain that he and Stephano can't switch cars?
3. What does Violet do that signifies she is trying to think?
4. What does Klaus say he is waiting on before he leaves?
5. What do the children think it would be easier to argue with rather than Mr. Poe?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Stephano killed Dr. Montgomery as Violet explains it in chapter twelve?
2. What does Violet say that they are going in the Reptile Room for as she describes it in chapter nine?
3. What is Violet doing in the beginning of chapter eleven?
4. What is the reaction gotten when Sunny is found with the Incredibly Deadly Viper wrapped around her body?
5. What is Stephano's response when he has been caught in a lie about his snake knowledge in chapter twelve?
6. What is Violet regretting in chapter seven while she is getting into the Jeep with Stephano?
7. What does Klaus discover about the Mamba du Mal in chapter nine?
8. Describe the situation in chapter twelve where Mr. Poe insists on seeing Stephano's leg.
9. What does Violet suddenly realize in chapter eleven while she is trying to open the suitcase belonging to Stephano?
10. In the beginning of chapter nine what does the narrator explain is different when the children walk into the Reptile Room?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)