|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mr. Poe say can't drive a car to town?
(c) Dr. Montgomery
2. The narrator say that Violet is staring at the contents of the suitcase as if they were ___________________.
(a) They key to their freedom
(b) The end of the nightmare
(c) Parts to a machine
(d) Her whole world
3. What other children's story does the author make mention of in the story to talk about things that are fake?
(a) The Lion and the Mouse
(b) The Fox and the Crow
(c) Little Red Riding Hood
(d) The Tortoise and the Hare
4. What is Klaus trying not to do as Mr. Poe, Stephano and the doctor enter the Reptile Room?
(d) Kick Stephano
5. What does Stephano offer the doctor and Mr. Poe when they enter the house?
(b) Cake and tea
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Violet realize is watching her as she tries to break into the suitcase?
2. What does Stephano's bed have on it?
3. Why does Klaus say he doesn't want to go in the Reptile Room?
4. What does Stephano call Mr. Poe when he pretends to first meet Mr. Poe?
5. What does Violet realize Stephano has done to the curtains?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Stephano's reaction when Mr. Poe is panicing because Sunny has been bitten by the Incredibly Deadly Viper?
2. Describe the story that the doctor tells to exlpain the death of Dr. Montgomery?
3. Describe the lockpick that Violet had made.
4. In chapter ten what does the author tell about the boy that cried wolf?
5. What does Klaus and Mr. Poe discuss while they are walking up to the house in chapter eight?
6. What is Violet doing in the beginning of chapter eleven?
7. At the end of chapter ten how does Klaus explain the meaning of Sunny's exclamation 'Aha'?
8. What happens when the two cars crash in chapter seven?
9. Describe the scene in chapter seven when Stephano first walks into the room where Dr. Montgomery's body is lying.
10. What does Violet think about while she is standing outside Stephano's bedroom door?
This section contains 1,042 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)