|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Violet say she is going while Klaus looks for info about the Mamba du Mal?
(a) Stephano's room
(b) Uncle Monty's room
(c) To call the police
(d) To look through the doctor's car
2. Who pulls up behind the children and Mr. Poe while they are still walking back to Dr. Montgomery's house?
(a) An ambulance
(b) The coroner
(c) A doctor
(d) A policeman
3. What is one of the reasons given that a person shouldn't play with electricity?
(a) It will mess up your hair
(b) It is illegal
(c) You might get electrocuted
(d) It could start a fire
4. What does Stephano pull out when Klaus says he will call the police?
(a) A walkie talkie
(b) Wire Cutters
(c) The police number
(d) His knife
5. What do Violet and Klaus both say when they hear Sunny?
(a) Is that the best she can do?
(b) Her scream is fake
(c) They hope she is ok
(d) Her scream is realistic
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the doctor explain that there isn't a snake loose in the house?
2. Why does Klaus say he doesn't want to go in the Reptile Room?
3. What does Stephano say that they don't have when Klaus accuses him of being Dr. Montgomery's killer?
4. What does the doctor say that Dr. Montgomery appears to have died from?
5. What reason does Stephano give for not explaining his vast knowledge of snakes beforehand?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the end of chapter ten how does Klaus explain the meaning of Sunny's exclamation 'Aha'?
2. What does Violet suddenly realize in chapter eleven while she is trying to open the suitcase belonging to Stephano?
3. Describe the story that the doctor tells to exlpain the death of Dr. Montgomery?
4. What does Klaus and Mr. Poe discuss while they are walking up to the house in chapter eight?
5. What are the children trying to convince Mr. Poe of while they are sitting with Stephano waiting on the doctor to finish his examination?
6. Describe the scene in chapter seven when Stephano first walks into the room where Dr. Montgomery's body is lying.
7. Describe the situation in chapter twelve where Mr. Poe insists on seeing Stephano's leg.
8. What happens when the two cars crash in chapter seven?
9. What is Stephano's response when he has been caught in a lie about his snake knowledge in chapter twelve?
10. What does Violet say that they are going in the Reptile Room for as she describes it in chapter nine?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)