|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet realize Stephano has done to the curtains?
(a) Blown his nose on them
(b) Peed on them
(c) Drawn on them
(d) Cut them
2. What does Mr. Poe say about picking a lock?
(a) It is illegal
(b) Good girls shouldn't know how
(c) It is very interesting
(d) Mr. Poe needs to learn how
3. What does Stephano say that the doctor will do for Mr. Poe after he is done with the examination?
(a) Drive him to town to get a differnt car
(b) Take him to the police station to fill out a report
(c) Drive Mr. Poe to town for a mechanic
(d) Drive him to a place where the body can't be found
4. Whose face couldn't be read?
(d) The Incredibly Deadly Viper
5. What does the word 'Brummagem' mean as it is used to describe Stephano's look of surprise?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Stephano give for not explaining his vast knowledge of snakes beforehand?
2. What snake does the doctor say bit Dr. Montgomery?
3. What did Stephano have which belonged to Dr. Montgomery, that Stephano planned to use to pass as Dr. Montgomery?
4. What happens to Violet's invention when she tries to open the suitcase the last time?
5. Where does Mr. Poe say that Sunny won't be willing to sit for a car ride?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the children trying to convince Mr. Poe of while they are sitting with Stephano waiting on the doctor to finish his examination?
2. In the beginning of chapter nine what does the narrator explain is different when the children walk into the Reptile Room?
3. Describe the situation in chapter twelve where Mr. Poe insists on seeing Stephano's leg.
4. What is Stephano's response when he has been caught in a lie about his snake knowledge in chapter twelve?
5. What is Stephano's reaction when Mr. Poe is panicing because Sunny has been bitten by the Incredibly Deadly Viper?
6. Describe the scene in chapter seven when Stephano first walks into the room where Dr. Montgomery's body is lying.
7. What does Violet suddenly realize in chapter eleven while she is trying to open the suitcase belonging to Stephano?
8. What does Violet explain that Stephano intended to do after killing Dr. Montgomery?
9. What does Stephano do when Klaus refuses to go until the police are called?
10. Describe what happens when Violet is able to get the suitcase open in chapter eleven.
This section contains 1,056 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)