Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Monty say in his letter he has NOT gone to town to get?
(b) A tent
(c) A fireproof canoe
2. What does Klaus ask Violet if they can do?
(a) Sleep in the bathroom
(b) Sneak out at the same time
(c) Sleep in the same room
(d) Call Mr. Poe
3. What does Dr. Montgomery say the Barbary Chewer will begin to do if it doesn't have something in its mouth at all times?
(a) Digest itself
(b) Eat its own tail
(c) Drown in its own spit
(d) Eat its own mouth
4. What does Sunny put in her room?
(a) Picture books
(b) Small hard objects to bite
(c) Chewable toys
(d) Blankets to hide in
5. What does Dr. Montgomery suggest he could get for Sunny?
(a) A cucumber
(b) A snake
(c) An old shoe
(d) A raw carrot
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet say they are old enough to do?
2. What does Stephano offer to carry?
3. What does Uncle Monty do when Sunny and the Incredibly Deadly Viper bite each other?
4. What movie does Uncle Monty tell the children he wants to catch that night?
5. What excuse does the narrator give for leaving the reader waiting for an answer about Sunny being bitten?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the children find when the open the door of the Reptile Room?
2. Describe the animals and things in the Reptile Room.
3. What are the children trying to convince Mr. Poe of while they are sitting with Stephano waiting on the doctor to finish his examination?
4. What happens as the doctor is leading Olaf out the door?
5. What does Bruce and the children argue over?
6. Describe the scene at the end of the book where the children are talking to each other and saying goodbye to the Incredibly Deadly Viper.
7. Describe the arrival of Stephano in chapter three and the children's realization.
8. What does Klaus discover about the Mamba du Mal in chapter nine?
9. What does Violet think about while she is standing outside Stephano's bedroom door?
10. Describe the scene which Dr. Montgomery wishes to happen when he unveils the Incredibly Deadly Viper as he describes in it chapter three?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)