|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Stephano tell the children that Uncle Monty is?
(a) The Reptile Room
(b) In the Jeep
(c) The Library
(d) His bedroom
2. What happens while the children sit in Violet's room?
(a) The phone rings
(b) Mr. Poe arrives
(c) Someone knocks on the window
(d) Someone knocks on the door
3. What do the children decide they must do with Olaf in the house and Montgomery away?
(b) Figure out a way to get rid of Olaf
(c) Make a plan to escape
(d) Finish their packing for Peru
4. What does Sunny put in her room?
(a) Blankets to hide in
(b) Small hard objects to bite
(c) Picture books
(d) Chewable toys
5. What does Stephano do to make sure the children don't go to Uncle Monty's room?
(a) Locks the children's doors
(b) Sits in the hallway all night
(c) Puts a dog in the hall
(d) Shares a room with Uncle Monty
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator explain will be the one that ends up dead?
2. What excuse does the narrator give for leaving the reader waiting for an answer about Sunny being bitten?
3. What does Mr. Poe warn Klaus in the car not to do to Dr. Montgomery in regards to Montgomery's name?
4. What does Uncle Monty tell the children they can do that will make handling the snakes safe?
5. Where does Sunny sit in the Jeep on the way to the movies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Poe's reaction to the escape of Count Olaf differ from that of the children?
2. How is the night described in the beginning of chapter five?
3. What does Count Olaf say in chapter four that makes Violet pick up his suit case and carry it in the house?
4. What does Violet explain that Stephano intended to do after killing Dr. Montgomery?
5. Describe the arrival of Stephano in chapter three and the children's realization.
6. Describe the story that the doctor tells to exlpain the death of Dr. Montgomery?
7. What does Violet suddenly realize in chapter eleven while she is trying to open the suitcase belonging to Stephano?
8. What does the narrator explain that Klaus will regret later on in his life?
9. What are the children trying to convince Mr. Poe of while they are sitting with Stephano waiting on the doctor to finish his examination?
10. Describe the situation when Dr. Montgomery tells the children to go find a room in his house?
This section contains 1,029 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)