|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Sunny's room located?
(a) At the bottom of the stairs
(b) In the attic
(c) Next to Uncle Monty's
(d) Between Violet and Klaus'
2. What does Uncle Monty tell Klaus when he insists he needs to tell him something important?
(a) Go start dinner
(b) He has to go and finish packing his clothes
(c) It isn't polite to interrupt
(d) Call the police
3. What does Mr. Poe say that Dr. Montgomery has done that gives him a great many stories to tell?
(a) Gone on adventures
4. What object does the narrator use for an example saying he should have brought this item to avoid disastrous results?
(c) Rain coat
(d) Life jacket
5. What does Dr. Montgomery tell the children they are lucky he isn't speaking because he is so excited?
(a) Baby talk
(b) Pig latin
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the narrator explain will be the one that ends up dead?
2. What kind of toothbrush does Uncle Monty tell the children he bought?
3. Why does Uncle Monty get to name the Incredibly Deadly Viper?
4. Who does Dr. Montgomery ask if he/she does not like coconut?
5. What does Uncle Monty teach the children not to give too much of to the Green Gimlet Toad
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the animals and things in the Reptile Room.
2. Describe Lousy Lane that the children drive down to their new home in chapter one?
3. Explain Mr. Poe and the children's conversation when they tell Mr. Poe goodbye and walk him to the car in chapter two.
4. What does Count Olaf say in chapter four that makes Violet pick up his suit case and carry it in the house?
5. What do the children find when the open the door of the Reptile Room?
6. What stories does Uncle Monty share with the children and they share with him?
7. What do the children discuss in Violet's room in chapter six after they are done at the movies?
8. Describe the situation when Dr. Montgomery tells the children to go find a room in his house?
9. In chapter one how is the life of the Baudelaire children summarized up to the point where they are driving to their new home with the unknown relative?
10. In chapter four what characters do the children think about in regards to Olaf's acting troupe that travel with him?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)