|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Monty have Klaus do when he gets home?
(a) Help 'Stephano' carry the canoe
(b) Go feed the snakes
(c) Take the toothbrushes and put them in the packs
(d) Gather the notes on Peru
2. What is most of the water in the Grim River said to be made of?
(d) Dead fish
3. What does Uncle Monty tell Klaus when he insists he needs to tell him something important?
(a) He has to go and finish packing his clothes
(b) Call the police
(c) Go start dinner
(d) It isn't polite to interrupt
4. What happens while the children sit in Violet's room?
(a) Mr. Poe arrives
(b) Someone knocks on the window
(c) The phone rings
(d) Someone knocks on the door
5. What does Mr. Poe tell the children is odd about Dr. Montgomery's name?
(a) His first and last name are Montgomery
(b) His first name can't be pernounced
(c) He has no first name
(d) He had it changed to Susan
Short Answer Questions
1. Who opens Violet's bedroom door?
2. Why does Violet say they shouldn't leave the house?
3. What is unique about the room that Klaus chooses?
4. What do the children hope that Mr. Poe remembers to do as he drives away?
5. What do the Baudelaire children still have nightmares about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene in chapter six when the Baudelaire children are watching Zombies in the Snow.
2. What does Uncle Monty tell the children he wants to discuss with them outside in chapter four?
3. What does Count Olaf say in chapter four that makes Violet pick up his suit case and carry it in the house?
4. What does the narrator explain in chapter four will be another regret that the Baudelaire children will have when Uncle Monty gets home from picking up supplies?
5. What does Mr. Poe tell the children in chapter one as they are walking up to the door?
6. Describe the first sight of Dr. Montgomery's house that the children get in chapter one?
7. Describe how life goes for the Baudelaire children for a week or so in chapter three?
8. What stories does Uncle Monty share with the children and they share with him?
9. What tasks does Dr. Montgomery say must be done before they leave for Peru?
10. How is the night described in the beginning of chapter five?
This section contains 995 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)