|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does the narrator give for leaving the reader waiting for an answer about Sunny being bitten?
(a) He fell asleep
(b) He had to go cry
(c) He was running late for a dinner party
(d) He had to check over his notes
2. What object does the narrator use for an example saying he should have brought this item to avoid disastrous results?
(a) Life jacket
(d) Rain coat
3. What does Dr. Montgomery say that he hopes happens to Count Olaf someday?
(a) Falls into a well
(b) Caught by the police
(c) Torn apart by wild animals
(d) Is on a plane that crashes
4. What do the Baudelaire children find in the Reptile Room?
(a) The police
(b) The snakes are all loose
(c) Mr. Poe
(d) The body of Dr. Montgomery
5. Where does Dr. Montgomery say the children and he will be going in just ten days?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet have tacked up on her wall to sketch out her ideas?
2. What does Violet explain Sunny likes?
3. What does Dr. Montgomery explain has happened that has put him behind in his preparations?
4. What do the children find at the far end of the Reptile Room?
5. What does Klaus say that Count Olaf puts a damper on?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Uncle Monty tell the children he wants to discuss with them outside in chapter four?
2. What is 'Stephano's' response to Violet and Klaus calling him Count Olaf?
3. Describe the situation when Dr. Montgomery tells the children to go find a room in his house?
4. What does Count Olaf tell the children that convinces them to start calling him Stephano?
5. Describe the scene which Dr. Montgomery wishes to happen when he unveils the Incredibly Deadly Viper as he describes in it chapter three?
6. What does Dr. Montgomery call the children and what is the explanation he gives for being so excited?
7. Describe Lousy Lane that the children drive down to their new home in chapter one?
8. What tasks does Dr. Montgomery say must be done before they leave for Peru?
9. Describe the first sight of Dr. Montgomery's house that the children get in chapter one?
10. What does the narrator explain that Klaus will regret later on in his life?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)