|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children find at the far end of the Reptile Room?
(a) A giant snake
(b) A map of Peru
(c) A toad with three mouths
2. Why does Violet say they shouldn't leave the house?
(a) Olaf would catch them
(b) Olaf might hurt Uncle Monty
(c) The police would be called on them
(d) Olaf's troupe might be watching
3. Who is driving the car taking the children to their new home?
(a) Taxi driver
(b) Mr. Poe
(c) Mrs. Poe
(d) A policeman
4. What does Klaus suggest that Sunny and Violet find ridiculous?
(a) That no one cares about the children
(b) That Olaf is smarter than the children
(c) That Montgomery is conspiring with Olaf
(d) That Montgomery is friends with Olaf
5. What movie does Uncle Monty tell the children he wants to catch that night?
(a) Biker Girls in Zombie Town
(b) Dragons versus Zombies
(c) Zombies in the Snow
(d) A Series of Unfortunate Events
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does the narrator give for leaving the reader waiting for an answer about Sunny being bitten?
2. Where is Sunny's room located?
3. What does Dr. Montgomery say the Barbary Chewer will begin to do if it doesn't have something in its mouth at all times?
4. Why does Stephano only carry bags with one hand?
5. What does Uncle Monty say that Stephano will name the snake if he is able to steal it?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Violet suddenly realize in chapter eleven while she is trying to open the suitcase belonging to Stephano?
2. In chapter eight what does the narrator explain is the difference between Violet and Klaus in regards to their regrets?
3. What does Bruce and the children argue over?
4. In chapter six what does the narrator tell the reader that they can do with the book instead of finishing it?
5. Describe the scene at the end of the book where the children are talking to each other and saying goodbye to the Incredibly Deadly Viper.
6. What does Dr. Montgomery call the children and what is the explanation he gives for being so excited?
7. What is Violet doing in the beginning of chapter eleven?
8. Describe the story that the doctor tells to exlpain the death of Dr. Montgomery?
9. What does Violet think about while she is standing outside Stephano's bedroom door?
10. Describe Lousy Lane that the children drive down to their new home in chapter one?
This section contains 1,049 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)