|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children hope that Mr. Poe remembers to do as he drives away?
(a) Put on his seat belt
(b) Bring their luggage
(c) Roll up his window
(d) Tell Mrs. Poe thank you
2. What does Uncle Monty do with Stephano's ticket to Peru?
(a) Cashes it in
(b) Gives it away
(c) Hands it to Stephano
(d) Tears into pieces
3. What does Uncle Monty tell Klaus when he insists he needs to tell him something important?
(a) Call the police
(b) It isn't polite to interrupt
(c) He has to go and finish packing his clothes
(d) Go start dinner
4. What have the shrubs been cut to look like?
(c) Women dancing
5. What does Dr. Montgomery explain has happened that has put him behind in his preparations?
(a) He had to make preparations for the children
(b) His assistant got arrested
(c) His snakes got loose
(d) His assistant resigned
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Reptile Room made out of?
2. What happens while the children sit in Violet's room?
3. What do the Baudelaire children still have nightmares about?
4. What does Dr. Montgomery say that he studies?
5. What does Stephano do during the entire dinner meal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lousy Lane that the children drive down to their new home in chapter one?
2. Describe the different deadly snakes that Dr. Montgomery explains to the children he has and what they can do as described in chapter three.
3. In chapter six what does the narrator tell the reader that they can do with the book instead of finishing it?
4. What does Count Olaf tell the children that convinces them to start calling him Stephano?
5. In chapter one how is the life of the Baudelaire children summarized up to the point where they are driving to their new home with the unknown relative?
6. What stories does Uncle Monty share with the children and they share with him?
7. What tasks does Dr. Montgomery say must be done before they leave for Peru?
8. Describe the first sight of Dr. Montgomery's house that the children get in chapter one?
9. What does Count Olaf say in chapter four that makes Violet pick up his suit case and carry it in the house?
10. What do the children discuss in Violet's room in chapter six after they are done at the movies?
This section contains 1,028 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)