|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Mr. Poe give for not being able to take the children's luggage with them?
(a) No luggage to take
(b) No time to pack
(c) Wanted to make sure before having the children's luggage brought
(d) Car too small
2. What does Dr. Montgomery say is the reason he never found a wife and started a family?
(a) Never found the time
(b) Never could find a wife who liked snakes
(c) Too scared of women
(d) Slipped his mind
3. What is the painting of that the children first see in the house?
(a) A viper hissing
(b) A snake in a basket
(c) Two snakes entwined
(d) A boa constrictor
4. What does Stephano tell the children has changed about the plans to Peru?
(a) The Incredibly Deadly Viper isn't going
(b) Sunny isn't going
(c) They are going to India instead
(d) Uncle Monty isn't going
5. Who does Dr. Montgomery ask if he/she does not like coconut?
(d) Mr. Poe
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Montgomery tell the children he has just finished making?
2. What do the children find at the far end of the Reptile Room?
3. What does Uncle Monty tell the children they can do that will make handling the snakes safe?
4. What does Mr. Poe warn Klaus in the car not to do to Dr. Montgomery in regards to Montgomery's name?
5. What does Uncle Monty tell the children the Hungarian Sloth Snake's top speed is?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the children doing in chapter five when they go up to their bed rooms after dinner?
2. Describe how life goes for the Baudelaire children for a week or so in chapter three?
3. How is the night described in the beginning of chapter five?
4. What are Violet and Klaus doing while they are riding in the car to their new home?
5. Describe the scene in chapter six when the Baudelaire children are watching Zombies in the Snow.
6. What is 'Stephano's' response to Violet and Klaus calling him Count Olaf?
7. What are the children thinking when Mr. Poe rings the bell at Dr. Montgomery's house?
8. What does Count Olaf say in chapter four that makes Violet pick up his suit case and carry it in the house?
9. What do the children remember in chapter three while thinking about heir parents?
10. What does Uncle Monty tell the children he wants to discuss with them outside in chapter four?
This section contains 970 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)