|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What sort of factory does the Grim River circle?
(b) Fish paste
(c) Oil chemical
2. What reason does Mr. Poe give for not being able to take the children's luggage with them?
(a) No luggage to take
(b) No time to pack
(c) Car too small
(d) Wanted to make sure before having the children's luggage brought
3. What does Uncle Monty teach the children not to give too much of to the Green Gimlet Toad
4. Who opens Violet's bedroom door?
(d) Mr. Poe
5. What is in Violet's room that she thought might help inspire her while inventing?
(a) A big painting
(b) A fluffy bed
(c) Unique wall paper
(d) A large window
Short Answer Questions
1. What is unique about the room that Klaus chooses?
2. What does Klaus suggest that Sunny and Violet find ridiculous?
3. What does Mr. Poe warn Klaus in the car not to do to Dr. Montgomery in regards to Montgomery's name?
4. What do the children decide they must do with Olaf in the house and Montgomery away?
5. What does Stephano do to make sure the children don't go to Uncle Monty's room?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the narrator explain in chapter four will be another regret that the Baudelaire children will have when Uncle Monty gets home from picking up supplies?
2. What tasks does Dr. Montgomery say must be done before they leave for Peru?
3. What are Violet and Klaus doing while they are riding in the car to their new home?
4. In chapter one how is the life of the Baudelaire children summarized up to the point where they are driving to their new home with the unknown relative?
5. What are the children thinking when Mr. Poe rings the bell at Dr. Montgomery's house?
6. In chapter five what do the children think about when they try to think about what life was like for them four years earlier?
7. What stories does Uncle Monty share with the children and they share with him?
8. Describe the scene in chapter six when the Baudelaire children are watching Zombies in the Snow.
9. In chapter four what characters do the children think about in regards to Olaf's acting troupe that travel with him?
10. In chapter six what does the narrator tell the reader that they can do with the book instead of finishing it?
This section contains 1,040 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)