Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Klaus suggest Violet could get a job?
(a) Mechnical factory
(b) Pre school
(d) Modeling agency
2. What does Dr. Montgomery say is the reason he never found a wife and started a family?
(a) Never could find a wife who liked snakes
(b) Too scared of women
(c) Slipped his mind
(d) Never found the time
3. What do the Baudelaire children still have nightmares about?
(c) Stage performances
(d) Adults not believing them
4. What does Klaus suggest that Sunny and Violet find ridiculous?
(a) That Montgomery is friends with Olaf
(b) That Olaf is smarter than the children
(c) That Montgomery is conspiring with Olaf
(d) That no one cares about the children
5. What does Count Olaf ask the children to do for him?
(a) Tell Dr. Montgomery he has arrived
(b) Find him a room
(c) Get him something to eat
(d) Carry his luggage
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet see 'Stephano' holding while she is getting ready to tell Uncle Monty that Stephano is really Count Olaf?
2. What does Mr. Poe tell the children they should address Dr. Montgomery as?
3. What does Dr. Montgomery tell the children he has just finished making?
4. Where do the children like to be more than anywhere else?
5. What hits Uncle Monty on the head?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first sight of Dr. Montgomery's house that the children get in chapter one?
2. What does Bruce and the children argue over?
3. At the end of chapter ten how does Klaus explain the meaning of Sunny's exclamation 'Aha'?
4. What does Mr. Poe tell the children in chapter one as they are walking up to the door?
5. What does Uncle Monty tell the children he wants to discuss with them outside in chapter four?
6. In chapter one how is the life of the Baudelaire children summarized up to the point where they are driving to their new home with the unknown relative?
7. Describe the scene in chapter two when Mr. Poe asks Dr. Montgomery who will be looking after the children?
8. What does Dr. Montgomery call the children and what is the explanation he gives for being so excited?
9. What is Stephano's response when he has been caught in a lie about his snake knowledge in chapter twelve?
10. Describe the scene at the end of the book where the children are talking to each other and saying goodbye to the Incredibly Deadly Viper.
This section contains 936 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)