|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Mr. Poe give for not being able to take the children's luggage with them?
(a) No luggage to take
(b) Wanted to make sure before having the children's luggage brought
(c) No time to pack
(d) Car too small
2. What does Count Olaf tell the children he assumes that they are?
(b) Dr. Montgomery's children
3. What does Sunny put in her room?
(a) Small hard objects to bite
(b) Chewable toys
(c) Picture books
(d) Blankets to hide in
4. What does Mr. Poe tell the children they should address Dr. Montgomery as?
(b) Dr. Montgomery
(c) Montgomery Montgomery
5. What does Dr. Montgomery tell the children he has just finished making?
(a) Chocolate pie
(b) Coconut cream cake
(c) Brussle sprouts
(d) Ice cream
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the children like to be more than anywhere else?
2. What does Uncle Monty explain two snakes in his room have learned to do that is dangerous?
3. When does Mr. Poe tell the children he will be back with the children's luggage?
4. What does Stephano do during the entire dinner meal?
5. What does Uncle Monty say in his letter he has NOT gone to town to get?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Uncle Monty tell the children he wants to discuss with them outside in chapter four?
2. What are Violet and Klaus doing while they are riding in the car to their new home?
3. What stories does Uncle Monty share with the children and they share with him?
4. In chapter one how is the life of the Baudelaire children summarized up to the point where they are driving to their new home with the unknown relative?
5. How is the night described in the beginning of chapter five?
6. What do the children discuss in Violet's room in chapter six after they are done at the movies?
7. In chapter five what do the children think about when they try to think about what life was like for them four years earlier?
8. Describe how life goes for the Baudelaire children for a week or so in chapter three?
9. What does Dr. Montgomery call the children and what is the explanation he gives for being so excited?
10. Describe Lousy Lane that the children drive down to their new home in chapter one?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)