|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephano tell the children has changed about the plans to Peru?
(a) Sunny isn't going
(b) The Incredibly Deadly Viper isn't going
(c) They are going to India instead
(d) Uncle Monty isn't going
2. Who does the narrator explain will be the one that ends up dead?
(a) Uncle Monty
(b) The Incredibly Deadly Viper
(c) Count Olaf
(d) Mr. Poe
3. What does Dr. Montgomery say the Barbary Chewer will begin to do if it doesn't have something in its mouth at all times?
(a) Eat its own tail
(b) Digest itself
(c) Eat its own mouth
(d) Drown in its own spit
4. What does Klaus ask Violet if they can do?
(a) Sneak out at the same time
(b) Call Mr. Poe
(c) Sleep in the same room
(d) Sleep in the bathroom
5. What reason does Mr. Poe give for not being able to take the children's luggage with them?
(a) No time to pack
(b) No luggage to take
(c) Wanted to make sure before having the children's luggage brought
(d) Car too small
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Monty have in his hands when he runs into the children after they have had their breakfast?
2. What kind of fruit do the trees near Lousy Lane produce?
3. What does Mr. Poe say that Dr. Montgomery has done that gives him a great many stories to tell?
4. What kind of toothbrush does Uncle Monty tell the children he bought?
5. What does Dr. Montgomery tell the children they are lucky he isn't speaking because he is so excited?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how life goes for the Baudelaire children for a week or so in chapter three?
2. Describe the scene in chapter two when Mr. Poe asks Dr. Montgomery who will be looking after the children?
3. What does Mr. Poe tell the children in chapter one as they are walking up to the door?
4. What does Count Olaf say in chapter four that makes Violet pick up his suit case and carry it in the house?
5. What does Count Olaf tell the children that convinces them to start calling him Stephano?
6. What are Violet and Klaus doing while they are riding in the car to their new home?
7. What does the narrator explain that Klaus will regret later on in his life?
8. Describe the different deadly snakes that Dr. Montgomery explains to the children he has and what they can do as described in chapter three.
9. What does Dr. Montgomery call the children and what is the explanation he gives for being so excited?
10. In chapter one how is the life of the Baudelaire children summarized up to the point where they are driving to their new home with the unknown relative?
This section contains 1,033 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)