|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klaus say that Count Olaf puts a damper on?
2. What does Stephano do as the children walk out of the bedroom?
(b) Starts singing
(c) Kicks Klaus
3. Where does Klaus suggest he could get a job?
(d) Horseradish factory
4. What does Dr. Montgomery tell the children to do before he shows them the reptile room?
(a) Take their things to the room
(b) Change their clothes
(c) Show Mr. Poe to his car
(d) Wash the dishes
5. What are most of the books in Dr. Montgomery's library written about?
(a) Unique toads
(c) Poisonous snakes
(d) Peruvian Andes
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Mr. Poe give for not being able to take the children's luggage with them?
2. What does Stephano do to make sure the children don't go to Uncle Monty's room?
3. Why does Uncle Monty get to name the Incredibly Deadly Viper?
4. What does Violet explain Sunny likes?
5. What does Dr. Montgomery explain has happened that has put him behind in his preparations?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the animals and things in the Reptile Room.
2. What does Dr. Montgomery call the children and what is the explanation he gives for being so excited?
3. Describe Lousy Lane that the children drive down to their new home in chapter one?
4. What does the narrator explain in chapter four will be another regret that the Baudelaire children will have when Uncle Monty gets home from picking up supplies?
5. What are the children thinking when Mr. Poe rings the bell at Dr. Montgomery's house?
6. Describe the scene which Dr. Montgomery wishes to happen when he unveils the Incredibly Deadly Viper as he describes in it chapter three?
7. Describe the scene in chapter two when Mr. Poe asks Dr. Montgomery who will be looking after the children?
8. Describe how life goes for the Baudelaire children for a week or so in chapter three?
9. What does Count Olaf tell the children that convinces them to start calling him Stephano?
10. What does Uncle Monty tell the children he wants to discuss with them outside in chapter four?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)