|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children hope that Mr. Poe remembers to do as he drives away?
(a) Bring their luggage
(b) Roll up his window
(c) Tell Mrs. Poe thank you
(d) Put on his seat belt
2. Who is driving the car taking the children to their new home?
(a) Mrs. Poe
(b) A policeman
(c) Mr. Poe
(d) Taxi driver
3. Who does Dr. Montgomery ask if he/she does not like coconut?
(a) Mr. Poe
4. What does Klaus ask Violet if they can do?
(a) Sleep in the bathroom
(b) Sleep in the same room
(c) Sneak out at the same time
(d) Call Mr. Poe
5. What does Dr. Montgomery explain has happened that has put him behind in his preparations?
(a) His assistant resigned
(b) His assistant got arrested
(c) He had to make preparations for the children
(d) His snakes got loose
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Stephano tell the children that Uncle Monty is?
2. What does Stephano offer to carry?
3. Why does Stephano only carry bags with one hand?
4. What does Violet explain Sunny likes?
5. What does Count Olaf ask the children to do for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Violet and Klaus doing while they are riding in the car to their new home?
2. Describe the animals and things in the Reptile Room.
3. What do the children remember in chapter three while thinking about heir parents?
4. What does Dr. Montgomery call the children and what is the explanation he gives for being so excited?
5. What does the narrator explain in chapter four will be another regret that the Baudelaire children will have when Uncle Monty gets home from picking up supplies?
6. Describe the first sight of Dr. Montgomery's house that the children get in chapter one?
7. In chapter four what characters do the children think about in regards to Olaf's acting troupe that travel with him?
8. What does Mr. Poe tell the children in chapter one as they are walking up to the door?
9. What does Count Olaf say in chapter four that makes Violet pick up his suit case and carry it in the house?
10. What tasks does Dr. Montgomery say must be done before they leave for Peru?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)