|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Mr. Poe give for not being able to take the children's luggage with them?
(a) Car too small
(b) Wanted to make sure before having the children's luggage brought
(c) No time to pack
(d) No luggage to take
2. What does Uncle Monty explain two snakes in his room have learned to do that is dangerous?
(a) Set a trap
(b) Open their cages
(c) Dial a phone
(d) Learned to drive a car
3. What does Stephano chop in the kitchen while they are making dinner?
(a) Fish heads
4. Why does Violet say they shouldn't leave the house?
(a) Olaf would catch them
(b) Olaf might hurt Uncle Monty
(c) The police would be called on them
(d) Olaf's troupe might be watching
5. What does Uncle Monty have Klaus do when he gets home?
(a) Help 'Stephano' carry the canoe
(b) Take the toothbrushes and put them in the packs
(c) Go feed the snakes
(d) Gather the notes on Peru
Short Answer Questions
1. Who opens Violet's bedroom door?
2. How does Dr. Montgomery introduce himself?
3. What does Stephano tell the children has changed about the plans to Peru?
4. What hits Uncle Monty on the head?
5. Where dose Uncle Monty tell the children he found Stephano?
Short Essay Questions
1. What tasks does Dr. Montgomery say must be done before they leave for Peru?
2. What stories does Uncle Monty share with the children and they share with him?
3. Describe Lousy Lane that the children drive down to their new home in chapter one?
4. What do the children remember in chapter three while thinking about heir parents?
5. What does the narrator explain that Klaus will regret later on in his life?
6. What are Violet and Klaus doing while they are riding in the car to their new home?
7. What does Dr. Montgomery call the children and what is the explanation he gives for being so excited?
8. Describe the situation when Dr. Montgomery tells the children to go find a room in his house?
9. In chapter six what does the narrator tell the reader that they can do with the book instead of finishing it?
10. Describe the animals and things in the Reptile Room.
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)