|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Violet say they shouldn't leave the house?
(a) Olaf's troupe might be watching
(b) Olaf would catch them
(c) Olaf might hurt Uncle Monty
(d) The police would be called on them
2. Why does Uncle Monty get to name the Incredibly Deadly Viper?
(a) He has done great studies on it
(b) He discovered it
(c) He is the lead scientist
(d) He bought the rights
3. What kind of fruit do the trees near Lousy Lane produce?
(a) Sour apples
(b) Rotten peaches
(c) Bitter plums
(d) Worm ridden pears
4. What does Dr. Montgomery tell the children he has just finished making?
(a) Coconut cream cake
(b) Ice cream
(c) Brussle sprouts
(d) Chocolate pie
5. What does Stephano chop in the kitchen while they are making dinner?
(b) Fish heads
Short Answer Questions
1. Where dose Uncle Monty tell the children he found Stephano?
2. What is unique about the room that Klaus chooses?
3. What does the narrator tell the reader that he and the reader know that the Baudelaire children do not know?
4. What does Dr. Montgomery say that he hopes happens to Count Olaf someday?
5. What does Violet see 'Stephano' holding while she is getting ready to tell Uncle Monty that Stephano is really Count Olaf?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the first sight of Dr. Montgomery's house that the children get in chapter one?
2. Explain Mr. Poe and the children's conversation when they tell Mr. Poe goodbye and walk him to the car in chapter two.
3. Describe the different deadly snakes that Dr. Montgomery explains to the children he has and what they can do as described in chapter three.
4. What stories does Uncle Monty share with the children and they share with him?
5. What are Violet and Klaus doing while they are riding in the car to their new home?
6. What does the narrator explain that Klaus will regret later on in his life?
7. What do the children remember in chapter three while thinking about heir parents?
8. Describe the animals and things in the Reptile Room.
9. Describe Lousy Lane that the children drive down to their new home in chapter one?
10. What does Count Olaf say in chapter four that makes Violet pick up his suit case and carry it in the house?
This section contains 971 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)