|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Montgomery say the Barbary Chewer will begin to do if it doesn't have something in its mouth at all times?
(a) Digest itself
(b) Drown in its own spit
(c) Eat its own mouth
(d) Eat its own tail
2. What does Stephano do as the children walk out of the bedroom?
(b) Kicks Klaus
(c) Starts singing
3. What does Uncle Monty tell the children they can do that will make handling the snakes safe?
(a) Practice holding them
(b) Study them
(c) Hire someone crazy to handle them
(d) Stay clear of them
4. What do the children hope that Mr. Poe remembers to do as he drives away?
(a) Tell Mrs. Poe thank you
(b) Bring their luggage
(c) Roll up his window
(d) Put on his seat belt
5. Where does Dr. Montgomery receive a great deal of his money?
(a) His inventions
(b) His discoveries
(c) The government
(d) A book he has written on snakes
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Violet say they shouldn't leave the house?
2. What does Klaus suggest that Sunny and Violet find ridiculous?
3. What does Mr. Poe tell the children is odd about Dr. Montgomery's name?
4. What do the children find at the far end of the Reptile Room?
5. What is unique about the room that Klaus chooses?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the situation when Dr. Montgomery tells the children to go find a room in his house?
2. What do the children discuss in Violet's room in chapter six after they are done at the movies?
3. What do the children remember in chapter three while thinking about heir parents?
4. What stories does Uncle Monty share with the children and they share with him?
5. How is the night described in the beginning of chapter five?
6. What does Dr. Montgomery call the children and what is the explanation he gives for being so excited?
7. Describe the scene in chapter six when the Baudelaire children are watching Zombies in the Snow.
8. Describe the scene in chapter two when Mr. Poe asks Dr. Montgomery who will be looking after the children?
9. What are Violet and Klaus doing while they are riding in the car to their new home?
10. What does Count Olaf tell the children that convinces them to start calling him Stephano?
This section contains 955 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)