|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet see 'Stephano' holding while she is getting ready to tell Uncle Monty that Stephano is really Count Olaf?
(b) A rope
(d) The long knife
2. What excuse does the narrator give for leaving the reader waiting for an answer about Sunny being bitten?
(a) He had to check over his notes
(b) He was running late for a dinner party
(c) He fell asleep
(d) He had to go cry
3. Where does Dr. Montgomery receive a great deal of his money?
(a) His inventions
(b) His discoveries
(c) The government
(d) A book he has written on snakes
4. Who does Mr. Poe tell the children they are going to go live with?
(a) Mr. Poe
(b) A foster home
(c) Dr. Montogmery
(d) Count Olaf
5. Where had Dr. Montgomery been bitten?
(a) On the ankle
(b) Below the eye
(c) On the veranda
(d) On his hand
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Monty tell the children they can do that will make handling the snakes safe?
2. Where does Dr. Montgomery say the children and he will be going in just ten days?
3. What does Count Olaf ask the children to do for him?
4. What does the narrator tell the reader that he and the reader know that the Baudelaire children do not know?
5. Where does Stephano tell the children that Uncle Monty is?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the animals and things in the Reptile Room.
2. Describe the situation when Dr. Montgomery tells the children to go find a room in his house?
3. How is the night described in the beginning of chapter five?
4. In chapter six what does the narrator tell the reader that they can do with the book instead of finishing it?
5. Describe the different deadly snakes that Dr. Montgomery explains to the children he has and what they can do as described in chapter three.
6. What do the children discuss in Violet's room in chapter six after they are done at the movies?
7. In chapter one how is the life of the Baudelaire children summarized up to the point where they are driving to their new home with the unknown relative?
8. What are the children doing in chapter five when they go up to their bed rooms after dinner?
9. What do the children remember in chapter three while thinking about heir parents?
10. Describe Lousy Lane that the children drive down to their new home in chapter one?
This section contains 1,014 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)