|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Montgomery say that he studies?
(a) Exotic animals
(b) Biting animals
2. What does Klaus suggest that Sunny and Violet find ridiculous?
(a) That Montgomery is conspiring with Olaf
(b) That Montgomery is friends with Olaf
(c) That no one cares about the children
(d) That Olaf is smarter than the children
3. What has Violet been trying to think up an invention for?
(a) To block the smell from the river
(b) To make the car ride more enjoyable
(c) To make her less nervous
(d) To stop Count Olaf from finding them
4. Where does Stephano tell the children that Uncle Monty is?
(a) The Reptile Room
(b) His bedroom
(c) The Library
(d) In the Jeep
5. Where does Sunny sit in the Jeep on the way to the movies?
(a) With Uncle Monty
(b) In Violet's lap
(c) In Stephano's lap
(d) In Klaus' lap
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Mr. Poe ask of Dr. Montgomery while they are eating?
2. When does Mr. Poe tell the children he will be back with the children's luggage?
3. Why does Uncle Monty get to name the Incredibly Deadly Viper?
4. What does Dr. Montgomery suggest he could get for Sunny?
5. What does the narrator tell the reader can be imagined that all these unfortunate events are if they would like to put the book down?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the children doing in chapter five when they go up to their bed rooms after dinner?
2. What stories does Uncle Monty share with the children and they share with him?
3. What does Count Olaf tell the children that convinces them to start calling him Stephano?
4. What do the children find when the open the door of the Reptile Room?
5. What does Dr. Montgomery call the children and what is the explanation he gives for being so excited?
6. In chapter five what do the children think about when they try to think about what life was like for them four years earlier?
7. Describe Lousy Lane that the children drive down to their new home in chapter one?
8. Describe the different deadly snakes that Dr. Montgomery explains to the children he has and what they can do as described in chapter three.
9. Describe the scene in chapter two when Mr. Poe asks Dr. Montgomery who will be looking after the children?
10. Describe the animals and things in the Reptile Room.
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)