|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Dr. Montgomery ask if he/she does not like coconut?
(a) Mr. Poe
2. What is most of the water in the Grim River said to be made of?
(d) Dead fish
3. What does Klaus suggest they do in order to get away from Count Olaf?
(a) Call a cab
(b) Kill Count Olaf
(c) Run away
(d) Steal a car
4. Why does Uncle Monty get to name the Incredibly Deadly Viper?
(a) He is the lead scientist
(b) He has done great studies on it
(c) He bought the rights
(d) He discovered it
5. What kind of toothbrush does Uncle Monty tell the children he bought?
(a) Scooby-Doo toothbrush
(b) Extra-firm bristles
(c) Extra-soft bristles
(d) Medium bristles
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Monty explain two snakes in his room have learned to do that is dangerous?
2. What do the Baudelaire children find in the Reptile Room?
3. What does Count Olaf ask the children to do for him?
4. What question does Mr. Poe ask of Dr. Montgomery while they are eating?
5. Where dose Uncle Monty tell the children he found Stephano?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Lousy Lane that the children drive down to their new home in chapter one?
2. What are the children thinking when Mr. Poe rings the bell at Dr. Montgomery's house?
3. How is the night described in the beginning of chapter five?
4. Describe the scene which Dr. Montgomery wishes to happen when he unveils the Incredibly Deadly Viper as he describes in it chapter three?
5. What do the children remember in chapter three while thinking about heir parents?
6. What does the narrator explain that Klaus will regret later on in his life?
7. In chapter one how is the life of the Baudelaire children summarized up to the point where they are driving to their new home with the unknown relative?
8. Describe the animals and things in the Reptile Room.
9. What does Count Olaf tell the children that convinces them to start calling him Stephano?
10. What does Mr. Poe tell the children in chapter one as they are walking up to the door?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)