|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephano do during the entire dinner meal?
(a) Takes food from Sunny's plate
(b) Has one hand on Klaus' chair
(c) Keeps one foot on top of Violets
(d) Holds his knife under the table
2. What is unique about the room that Klaus chooses?
(a) It has a small library
(b) It has an alcove
(c) It has a double bed
(d) It has no windows
3. What do the Baudelaire children find in the Reptile Room?
(a) Mr. Poe
(b) The body of Dr. Montgomery
(c) The police
(d) The snakes are all loose
4. What does Mr. Poe tell the children is odd about Dr. Montgomery's name?
(a) His first name can't be pernounced
(b) He has no first name
(c) He had it changed to Susan
(d) His first and last name are Montgomery
5. What kind of toothbrush does Uncle Monty tell the children he bought?
(a) Medium bristles
(b) Scooby-Doo toothbrush
(c) Extra-firm bristles
(d) Extra-soft bristles
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Count Olaf tell the children he assumes that they are?
2. What does Dr. Montgomery tell the children he has just finished making?
3. What does Stephano offer to carry?
4. What does Uncle Monty do when Sunny and the Incredibly Deadly Viper bite each other?
5. What are most of the books in Dr. Montgomery's library written about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are Violet and Klaus doing while they are riding in the car to their new home?
2. What does Uncle Monty tell the children he wants to discuss with them outside in chapter four?
3. What does Count Olaf say in chapter four that makes Violet pick up his suit case and carry it in the house?
4. Describe the scene which Dr. Montgomery wishes to happen when he unveils the Incredibly Deadly Viper as he describes in it chapter three?
5. What tasks does Dr. Montgomery say must be done before they leave for Peru?
6. How is the night described in the beginning of chapter five?
7. In chapter four what characters do the children think about in regards to Olaf's acting troupe that travel with him?
8. What are the children doing in chapter five when they go up to their bed rooms after dinner?
9. What does Mr. Poe tell the children in chapter one as they are walking up to the door?
10. What is 'Stephano's' response to Violet and Klaus calling him Count Olaf?
This section contains 959 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)