|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sunny say when they have caught Stephano in a lie?
2. What does the doctor say that Stephano is before he goes in to check on the body of Dr. Montgomery?
(a) A good gaurdian
(b) A wise man
(c) A kind gentleman
(d) The boss
3. What does Stephano accidentally call Dr. Montgomery's death?
(a) Good luck
4. What has Violet created when she is done?
(b) Shocking instrument
(c) A mess
(d) Electrolisys pad
5. What is Stephano holding when the orphans turn to face him?
(a) Tickets for the boat
(b) A book on poisons
(c) Black Suitcase
(d) Green leather writing case
6. What reason does Stephano give for not explaining his vast knowledge of snakes beforehand?
(a) Was afraid of the implications
(b) He is modest
(c) He didn't know which snake it was
(d) Shaken by the death of Dr. Montgomery
7. Who does Mr. Poe say can't drive a car to town?
(a) Dr. Montgomery
8. What is the first story that the narrator makes mention of to relate a moral of not lying?
(a) The Honest Woodcutter
(c) The Boy That Cried Wolf
(d) The Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
9. What does Stephano call Mr. Poe when he pretends to first meet Mr. Poe?
(a) Mr. Woe
(b) Mr. Foe
(c) Mr. Pae
(d) Mr. Flibbidijibit
10. Why does the doctor explain that there isn't a snake loose in the house?
(a) The snake got out through a window
(b) Dr. Montgomery had stuck his face in the cage
(c) Dr. Mongomery fell on the snake crushing it
(d) It locked itself back up
11. What does Violet tell Sunny to do while Klaus is looking through books?
(a) Look for the snake
(b) Go sit with Mr. Poe
(c) Bite anyone that comes in
(d) Look for bits of rope
12. What do Violet and Klaus both say when they hear Sunny?
(a) Is that the best she can do?
(b) Her scream is realistic
(c) They hope she is ok
(d) Her scream is fake
13. Who does Klaus announce he sees?
(a) Mrs. Poe
(b) Mr. Poe
(c) Count Olaf
(d) The Police
14. What do the children think it would be easier to argue with rather than Mr. Poe?
(a) A snake-shaped hedge
(b) A brick wall
(c) A three-eyed toad
(d) The wrecked car
15. Who does the narrator explain that inventions, such as the one Violet has made, are used by?
(a) Magic door fairies
(c) Bad guys
Short Answer Questions
1. Who pulls up behind the children and Mr. Poe while they are still walking back to Dr. Montgomery's house?
2. What can Violet see Stephano explaining but doesn't know what he is saying?
3. What does Klaus mention that gives Violet a clue where to look for evidence?
4. What is Klaus trying not to do as Mr. Poe, Stephano and the doctor enter the Reptile Room?
5. What snake does the doctor say bit Dr. Montgomery?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)