|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet put on the floor while she tries to listen on the adults' conversation?
(a) Her shoe
(b) A small feather
(c) Her hair ribbon
(d) A book
2. What does Stephano's bed have on it?
(a) Cracker crumbs and hair
(b) Cookie crumbs and used tissues
(c) Toe nail clippings and cracker crumbs
(d) Dirty underwear and stinkie socks
3. Why does the doctor explain that he and Stephano can't switch cars?
(a) His car is out of gas
(b) The city laws won't allow anyone else to drive his car
(c) He can't drive Stephano's car
(d) He hates to drive a Jeep
4. What reason does Stephano give for not explaining his vast knowledge of snakes beforehand?
(a) He is modest
(b) Was afraid of the implications
(c) He didn't know which snake it was
(d) Shaken by the death of Dr. Montgomery
5. What do the children begin to do as they drive away from the house?
(a) Jump out of the Jeep
(c) Grab the wheel from Stephano
6. What is Mr. Poe doing when he hears Sunny?
(a) Talking with Stephano and the doctor
(b) Going to the bathroom
(c) Talking on the phone
(d) Having tea and cakes
7. What does Violet go get from the kitchen to make her invention slick?
(a) Cake icing
(b) Cooking oil
(c) Baking grease
8. What does Sunny do, after Violet has left the room, while sitting in front of the Incredibly Deadly Viper's open cage?
(a) Calls the snake
(c) Bites the snake
9. What is Stephano holding when the orphans turn to face him?
(a) Green leather writing case
(b) A book on poisons
(c) Tickets for the boat
(d) Black Suitcase
10. What do the children hope for when Stephano climbs in the Jeep?
(a) That Mr. Poe will arrive
(b) That the police will come
(c) That it won't start
(d) That it will blow up
11. What is odd about the doctor's hand when he opens the door to the reptile room?
(a) He has to use both of them
(b) It is stiff
(c) It makes a metal clanging sound
(d) It is to short
12. What does Mr. Poe do to try and call away the Incredibly Deadly Viper from Sunny?
(a) Here snakey snakey
(b) Did a dance
(d) Played a flute
13. What does Mr. Poe say about picking a lock?
(a) Mr. Poe needs to learn how
(b) It is illegal
(c) It is very interesting
(d) Good girls shouldn't know how
14. What makes Klaus suddenly very angry with the doctor?
(a) He is stealking Dr. Montgomery's silverware
(b) He is eating Dr. Montgomery's food
(c) He broke Dr. Montgomery's chair
(d) He peed on the carpet
15. What does the word 'Brummagem' mean as it is used to describe Stephano's look of surprise?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the look on Sunny's face show she is feeling after exposing Stephano's lies?
2. What does Mr. Poe NOT say proves that Stephano is not Count Olaf?
3. Why does Klaus say he doesn't want to go in the Reptile Room?
4. Why does the doctor explain that there isn't a snake loose in the house?
5. Who does Mr. Poe say can't drive a car to town?
This section contains 566 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)