|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who panics upon seeing Sunny in her predicament?
(a) Mr. Poe
(d) The doctor
2. Whose face couldn't be read?
(b) The Incredibly Deadly Viper
3. What is odd about the doctor's hand when he opens the door to the reptile room?
(a) It makes a metal clanging sound
(b) He has to use both of them
(c) It is to short
(d) It is stiff
4. Who does Mr. Poe say can't drive a car to town?
(c) Dr. Montgomery
5. What do the children think it would be easier to argue with rather than Mr. Poe?
(a) A three-eyed toad
(b) A snake-shaped hedge
(c) A brick wall
(d) The wrecked car
6. What does Stephano say that the doctor will do for Mr. Poe after he is done with the examination?
(a) Drive him to town to get a differnt car
(b) Drive Mr. Poe to town for a mechanic
(c) Drive him to a place where the body can't be found
(d) Take him to the police station to fill out a report
7. What does Mr. Poe do to try and call away the Incredibly Deadly Viper from Sunny?
(a) Played a flute
(b) Here snakey snakey
(d) Did a dance
8. What does Violet tell Sunny to do while Klaus is looking through books?
(a) Look for the snake
(b) Look for bits of rope
(c) Go sit with Mr. Poe
(d) Bite anyone that comes in
9. What can Violet see Stephano explaining but doesn't know what he is saying?
(a) Stephano explaining he is a snake expert
(b) Stephano telling Mr. Poe that Sunny isn't hurt
(c) Stephano explaining how he found Dr. Montgomery
(d) Stephano telling everyone how wonderful he is
10. What does Violet tell the other two that they need to find in the Reptile Room?
(a) A book about snakes
(b) Stephano's plans
(c) A book about tattoos
11. What makes Klaus suddenly very angry with the doctor?
(a) He is eating Dr. Montgomery's food
(b) He broke Dr. Montgomery's chair
(c) He is stealking Dr. Montgomery's silverware
(d) He peed on the carpet
12. What does Stephano claim to be to Mr. Poe?
(a) An expert on snakes
(b) A snake charmer
(c) An excelent judge of character
(d) A table dancer
13. What does the author tell the reader that it is good and necessary to do sometimes?
(a) Trick people
14. Where does Violet say she is going while Klaus looks for info about the Mamba du Mal?
(a) To look through the doctor's car
(b) Uncle Monty's room
(c) To call the police
(d) Stephano's room
15. What does Klaus say he is waiting on before he leaves?
(a) A forensic team
(b) Mr. Poe
(c) To find the snake
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet go get from the kitchen to make her invention slick?
2. What snake does the doctor say bit Dr. Montgomery?
3. What does the doctor say that Dr. Montgomery appears to have died from?
4. What is Stephano holding when the orphans turn to face him?
5. What is Klaus trying not to do as Mr. Poe, Stephano and the doctor enter the Reptile Room?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)