|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children begin to do as they drive away from the house?
(b) Grab the wheel from Stephano
(c) Jump out of the Jeep
2. Violet says they have to go in the Reptile Room for what reason?
(a) To take a moment of silence for Uncle Monty
(b) They need to find a murder weapon
(c) They have work to do
(d) They need to look for the snake
3. Where does Violet put the contents of Stephan's suitcase when she enters the Reptile Room?
(a) On a table
(b) Where Dr. Montgomery's body had been found
(c) In an evidence bag
(d) In a box
4. What is Stephano holding when the orphans turn to face him?
(a) Tickets for the boat
(b) Green leather writing case
(c) A book on poisons
(d) Black Suitcase
5. What does Violet tell the other two that they need to find in the Reptile Room?
(a) A book about tattoos
(b) Stephano's plans
(c) A book about snakes
6. What do the children think it would be easier to argue with rather than Mr. Poe?
(a) A three-eyed toad
(b) A brick wall
(c) A snake-shaped hedge
(d) The wrecked car
7. Who panics upon seeing Sunny in her predicament?
(b) The doctor
(c) Mr. Poe
8. Whose face couldn't be read?
(c) The Incredibly Deadly Viper
9. What does Mr. Poe say about picking a lock?
(a) It is illegal
(b) It is very interesting
(c) Mr. Poe needs to learn how
(d) Good girls shouldn't know how
10. What is one of the reasons given that a person shouldn't play with electricity?
(a) It could start a fire
(b) It will mess up your hair
(c) You might get electrocuted
(d) It is illegal
11. What does Klaus mention that gives Violet a clue where to look for evidence?
(c) Back pack
12. Why does the doctor explain that there isn't a snake loose in the house?
(a) Dr. Montgomery had stuck his face in the cage
(b) It locked itself back up
(c) Dr. Mongomery fell on the snake crushing it
(d) The snake got out through a window
13. What does Stephano call Mr. Poe when he pretends to first meet Mr. Poe?
(a) Mr. Flibbidijibit
(b) Mr. Foe
(c) Mr. Woe
(d) Mr. Pae
14. What does Mr. Poe do to try and call away the Incredibly Deadly Viper from Sunny?
(b) Played a flute
(c) Here snakey snakey
(d) Did a dance
15. What does Stephano claim to be to Mr. Poe?
(a) An expert on snakes
(b) An excelent judge of character
(c) A snake charmer
(d) A table dancer
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet do that signifies she is trying to think?
2. What does Stephano say that the doctor will do for Mr. Poe after he is done with the examination?
3. What does Mr. Poe look as if he is feeling when he learns he has been lied to by Stephano?
4. Who does Violet realize is watching her as she tries to break into the suitcase?
5. What do the children hope for when Stephano climbs in the Jeep?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)