|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Violet see Stephano explaining but doesn't know what he is saying?
(a) Stephano telling everyone how wonderful he is
(b) Stephano explaining he is a snake expert
(c) Stephano telling Mr. Poe that Sunny isn't hurt
(d) Stephano explaining how he found Dr. Montgomery
2. Who panics upon seeing Sunny in her predicament?
(a) Mr. Poe
(b) The doctor
3. What does the author tell the reader that it is good and necessary to do sometimes?
(a) Trick people
4. What is wrapped around Sunny's body?
(a) A rope
(b) A curtain
(c) A snake
(d) An electric cord
5. What happens as Stephano is driving the children to the boat?
(a) Violet throws up on Stephano
(b) Stephano has a seizure
(c) A cow jumps out infront of the car
(d) A car accident
6. What does Stephano offer the doctor and Mr. Poe when they enter the house?
(c) Cake and tea
7. What does Mr. Poe NOT say proves that Stephano is not Count Olaf?
(a) Hooked finger
(b) Stephano's unblemished ankle
(c) Stephano's beard
(d) Missing the one eyebrow
8. What does Violet go get from the kitchen to make her invention slick?
(a) Cake icing
(b) Cooking oil
(d) Baking grease
9. What other children's story does the author make mention of in the story to talk about things that are fake?
(a) Little Red Riding Hood
(b) The Tortoise and the Hare
(c) The Lion and the Mouse
(d) The Fox and the Crow
10. What is Mr. Poe doing when he hears Sunny?
(a) Talking on the phone
(b) Going to the bathroom
(c) Having tea and cakes
(d) Talking with Stephano and the doctor
11. How does Stephano describe Dr. Montgomery's death?
(a) The inevitable
(c) A terrible accident
(d) A tragic loss
12. What happens to Violet's invention when she tries to open the suitcase the last time?
(a) It breaks
(b) It creates a spart
(c) It fuses to the lock
(d) It shocks Violet
13. Where does Violet say she is going while Klaus looks for info about the Mamba du Mal?
(a) To call the police
(b) To look through the doctor's car
(c) Stephano's room
(d) Uncle Monty's room
14. What makes Klaus suddenly very angry with the doctor?
(a) He broke Dr. Montgomery's chair
(b) He is eating Dr. Montgomery's food
(c) He peed on the carpet
(d) He is stealking Dr. Montgomery's silverware
15. What is Klaus trying not to do as Mr. Poe, Stephano and the doctor enter the Reptile Room?
(a) Kick Stephano
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephano pull out when Klaus says he will call the police?
2. Who pulls up behind the children and Mr. Poe while they are still walking back to Dr. Montgomery's house?
3. Whose face couldn't be read?
4. What does Klaus say he is waiting on before he leaves?
5. Who does Klaus announce he sees?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)