|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can Violet see Stephano explaining but doesn't know what he is saying?
(a) Stephano telling Mr. Poe that Sunny isn't hurt
(b) Stephano telling everyone how wonderful he is
(c) Stephano explaining he is a snake expert
(d) Stephano explaining how he found Dr. Montgomery
2. Who does Mr. Poe say can't drive a car to town?
(b) Dr. Montgomery
3. What does Violet do to her invention to make it slide easier?
(a) Dips it in the cold coffee made by Stephano
(b) Sprays cooking oil on it
(c) Puts some grease on it
(d) Licks it
4. What is Klaus trying not to do as Mr. Poe, Stephano and the doctor enter the Reptile Room?
(d) Kick Stephano
5. What does the look on Sunny's face show she is feeling after exposing Stephano's lies?
6. What does Stephano say that the doctor will do for Mr. Poe after he is done with the examination?
(a) Drive him to a place where the body can't be found
(b) Drive Mr. Poe to town for a mechanic
(c) Drive him to town to get a differnt car
(d) Take him to the police station to fill out a report
7. What is Mr. Poe doing when he hears Sunny?
(a) Going to the bathroom
(b) Having tea and cakes
(c) Talking with Stephano and the doctor
(d) Talking on the phone
8. What do Violet and Klaus both say when they hear Sunny?
(a) Her scream is realistic
(b) Her scream is fake
(c) Is that the best she can do?
(d) They hope she is ok
9. What does Sunny do, after Violet has left the room, while sitting in front of the Incredibly Deadly Viper's open cage?
(a) Bites the snake
(d) Calls the snake
10. What word is used to describe Violet's homemade invention?
(d) Poorly made
11. What does Stephano accidentally call Dr. Montgomery's death?
(c) Good luck
12. Who does Violet realize is watching her as she tries to break into the suitcase?
(b) The doctor
(c) Mr. Poe
13. What does the word 'Brummagem' mean as it is used to describe Stephano's look of surprise?
14. Who pulls up behind the children and Mr. Poe while they are still walking back to Dr. Montgomery's house?
(a) A policeman
(b) A doctor
(c) An ambulance
(d) The coroner
15. Where does Violet say she is going while Klaus looks for info about the Mamba du Mal?
(a) To call the police
(b) Stephano's room
(c) To look through the doctor's car
(d) Uncle Monty's room
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the doctor suggest is the reason that Dr. Montgomery wasn't bruised?
2. What does Klaus mention that gives Violet a clue where to look for evidence?
3. What snake does the doctor say bit Dr. Montgomery?
4. What does Violet put on the floor while she tries to listen on the adults' conversation?
5. Violet says they have to go in the Reptile Room for what reason?
This section contains 555 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)