|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose face couldn't be read?
(a) The Incredibly Deadly Viper
2. Who does Mr. Poe say can't drive a car to town?
(b) Dr. Montgomery
3. What has Violet created when she is done?
(a) A mess
(b) Shocking instrument
(c) Electrolisys pad
4. Why does the doctor explain that he and Stephano can't switch cars?
(a) He can't drive Stephano's car
(b) The city laws won't allow anyone else to drive his car
(c) His car is out of gas
(d) He hates to drive a Jeep
5. What does Violet NOT find in the suitcase when it is open?
(b) Syringe with a needle
(c) A laminated card
6. What do the children begin to do as they drive away from the house?
(a) Jump out of the Jeep
(d) Grab the wheel from Stephano
7. What does Violet do that signifies she is trying to think?
(a) Pulls her hair back
(b) Turns her hat around backwards
(c) Begins to hum the theme to jeapordy
(d) Pulls out a pen and paper
8. What does Stephano call Mr. Poe when he pretends to first meet Mr. Poe?
(a) Mr. Pae
(b) Mr. Woe
(c) Mr. Foe
(d) Mr. Flibbidijibit
9. Why does the doctor explain that there isn't a snake loose in the house?
(a) The snake got out through a window
(b) Dr. Montgomery had stuck his face in the cage
(c) It locked itself back up
(d) Dr. Mongomery fell on the snake crushing it
10. What is the first story that the narrator makes mention of to relate a moral of not lying?
(a) The Honest Woodcutter
(b) The Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
(d) The Boy That Cried Wolf
11. What does Violet put on the floor while she tries to listen on the adults' conversation?
(a) Her shoe
(b) A small feather
(c) A book
(d) Her hair ribbon
12. What does Stephano say that the doctor will do for Mr. Poe after he is done with the examination?
(a) Drive him to town to get a differnt car
(b) Drive Mr. Poe to town for a mechanic
(c) Take him to the police station to fill out a report
(d) Drive him to a place where the body can't be found
13. What does Mr. Poe say about picking a lock?
(a) It is illegal
(b) Good girls shouldn't know how
(c) It is very interesting
(d) Mr. Poe needs to learn how
14. Who does the narrator explain that inventions, such as the one Violet has made, are used by?
(b) Magic door fairies
(c) Bad guys
15. What makes Klaus suddenly very angry with the doctor?
(a) He is stealking Dr. Montgomery's silverware
(b) He is eating Dr. Montgomery's food
(c) He peed on the carpet
(d) He broke Dr. Montgomery's chair
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet go get from the kitchen to make her invention slick?
2. What does Violet tell Sunny to do while Klaus is looking through books?
3. How does Stephano describe Dr. Montgomery's death?
4. What does Stephano accidentally call Dr. Montgomery's death?
5. Where does Violet put the contents of Stephan's suitcase when she enters the Reptile Room?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)