|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephano offer the doctor and Mr. Poe when they enter the house?
(c) Cake and tea
2. Whose face couldn't be read?
(d) The Incredibly Deadly Viper
3. What has Violet created when she is done?
(a) A mess
(c) Shocking instrument
(d) Electrolisys pad
4. Who pulls up behind the children and Mr. Poe while they are still walking back to Dr. Montgomery's house?
(a) A policeman
(b) An ambulance
(c) The coroner
(d) A doctor
5. What reason does Stephano give for not explaining his vast knowledge of snakes beforehand?
(a) He is modest
(b) He didn't know which snake it was
(c) Shaken by the death of Dr. Montgomery
(d) Was afraid of the implications
6. What does the doctor suggest is the reason that Dr. Montgomery wasn't bruised?
(a) The snake didn't feel like bruising him
(b) Dr. Montgomery put his face in the cage
(c) The snake had been injured and was too sore
(d) The snake was trying to frame the frogs
7. Why does Klaus say he doesn't want to go in the Reptile Room?
(a) The snake might still be loose
(b) Count Olaf might come in and find them
(c) Uncle Monty died in there
(d) They haven't been given permission
8. What does Mr. Poe NOT say proves that Stephano is not Count Olaf?
(a) Stephano's beard
(b) Missing the one eyebrow
(c) Hooked finger
(d) Stephano's unblemished ankle
9. The narrator say that Violet is staring at the contents of the suitcase as if they were ___________________.
(a) The end of the nightmare
(b) Her whole world
(c) Parts to a machine
(d) They key to their freedom
10. What reason does Stephano claim to be the reason he doesn't want Mr. Poe to rub his ankle?
(a) His ankle is sore
(b) He hardly knows Mr. Poe
(c) Personal space
11. What does Stephano say that the doctor will do for Mr. Poe after he is done with the examination?
(a) Drive Mr. Poe to town for a mechanic
(b) Take him to the police station to fill out a report
(c) Drive him to a place where the body can't be found
(d) Drive him to town to get a differnt car
12. What does the look on Klaus' face show he is feeling after they have exposed Stephano's lies?
13. What does the word 'Brummagem' mean as it is used to describe Stephano's look of surprise?
14. What does Violet tell Sunny to do while Klaus is looking through books?
(a) Look for bits of rope
(b) Go sit with Mr. Poe
(c) Look for the snake
(d) Bite anyone that comes in
15. Who panics upon seeing Sunny in her predicament?
(b) The doctor
(d) Mr. Poe
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet realize Stephano has done to the curtains?
2. What does Violet go get from the kitchen to make her invention slick?
3. Who does Mr. Poe say can't drive a car to town?
4. What does Klaus say he is waiting on before he leaves?
5. What does Klaus mention that gives Violet a clue where to look for evidence?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)