|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet do to her invention to make it slide easier?
(a) Licks it
(b) Dips it in the cold coffee made by Stephano
(c) Puts some grease on it
(d) Sprays cooking oil on it
2. What does Violet do that signifies she is trying to think?
(a) Turns her hat around backwards
(b) Begins to hum the theme to jeapordy
(c) Pulls out a pen and paper
(d) Pulls her hair back
3. What happens to Violet's invention when she tries to open the suitcase the last time?
(a) It shocks Violet
(b) It breaks
(c) It fuses to the lock
(d) It creates a spart
4. What reason does Stephano claim to be the reason he doesn't want Mr. Poe to rub his ankle?
(a) His ankle is sore
(c) He hardly knows Mr. Poe
(d) Personal space
5. What can Violet see Stephano explaining but doesn't know what he is saying?
(a) Stephano telling Mr. Poe that Sunny isn't hurt
(b) Stephano explaining he is a snake expert
(c) Stephano telling everyone how wonderful he is
(d) Stephano explaining how he found Dr. Montgomery
6. What did Stephano have which belonged to Dr. Montgomery, that Stephano planned to use to pass as Dr. Montgomery?
(a) Driver Liscense
(b) Herpetological Society card
(c) Underware with his name in it
(d) Library Card
7. What reason does Stephano give for not explaining his vast knowledge of snakes beforehand?
(a) He didn't know which snake it was
(b) Was afraid of the implications
(c) He is modest
(d) Shaken by the death of Dr. Montgomery
8. Why does the doctor explain that there isn't a snake loose in the house?
(a) Dr. Montgomery had stuck his face in the cage
(b) It locked itself back up
(c) The snake got out through a window
(d) Dr. Mongomery fell on the snake crushing it
9. What does the author tell the reader that it is good and necessary to do sometimes?
(b) Trick people
10. What does the doctor say that Dr. Montgomery appears to have died from?
(b) Snake bite
(c) Toad venom
11. What does the doctor say that Stephano is before he goes in to check on the body of Dr. Montgomery?
(a) A good gaurdian
(b) A kind gentleman
(c) The boss
(d) A wise man
12. What does Violet realize Stephano has done to the curtains?
(a) Peed on them
(b) Blown his nose on them
(c) Drawn on them
(d) Cut them
13. What does Klaus mention that gives Violet a clue where to look for evidence?
(a) Back pack
14. What does Mr. Poe get to rub Stephano's ankle?
(a) Snot rag
(b) Wash cloth
(d) Coat jacket
15. What word is used to describe Violet's homemade invention?
(a) Poorly made
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Violet created when she is done?
2. What is Klaus trying not to do as Mr. Poe, Stephano and the doctor enter the Reptile Room?
3. What is Mr. Poe doing when he hears Sunny?
4. Who does Klaus announce he sees?
5. What do the children think it would be easier to argue with rather than Mr. Poe?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)