|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Klaus announce he sees?
(a) Mr. Poe
(b) The Police
(c) Count Olaf
(d) Mrs. Poe
2. Who does Violet realize is watching her as she tries to break into the suitcase?
(a) Mr. Poe
(d) The doctor
3. What do the children begin to do as they drive away from the house?
(a) Grab the wheel from Stephano
(d) Jump out of the Jeep
4. How does Stephano describe Dr. Montgomery's death?
(b) The inevitable
(c) A terrible accident
(d) A tragic loss
5. What is Mr. Poe doing when he hears Sunny?
(a) Talking on the phone
(b) Talking with Stephano and the doctor
(c) Having tea and cakes
(d) Going to the bathroom
6. What is wrapped around Sunny's body?
(a) A curtain
(b) A rope
(c) An electric cord
(d) A snake
7. Why does the doctor explain that there isn't a snake loose in the house?
(a) It locked itself back up
(b) The snake got out through a window
(c) Dr. Mongomery fell on the snake crushing it
(d) Dr. Montgomery had stuck his face in the cage
8. Who does the narrator explain that inventions, such as the one Violet has made, are used by?
(b) Magic door fairies
(c) Bad guys
9. What does Violet tell the other two that they need to find in the Reptile Room?
(b) A book about snakes
(c) Stephano's plans
(d) A book about tattoos
10. What does the look on Sunny's face show she is feeling after exposing Stephano's lies?
11. What does the doctor suggest is the reason that Dr. Montgomery wasn't bruised?
(a) The snake had been injured and was too sore
(b) The snake didn't feel like bruising him
(c) The snake was trying to frame the frogs
(d) Dr. Montgomery put his face in the cage
12. What other children's story does the author make mention of in the story to talk about things that are fake?
(a) The Fox and the Crow
(b) Little Red Riding Hood
(c) The Lion and the Mouse
(d) The Tortoise and the Hare
13. What snake does the doctor say bit Dr. Montgomery?
(a) Incredibly Deadly Viper
(b) The Eye Biter
(d) Mamba du Mal
14. Where does Stephano tell Mr. Poe he is taking the children?
(a) To the orphanage
(b) To get a doctor
(c) To Peru
(d) To find a snake expert
15. What reason does Stephano claim to be the reason he doesn't want Mr. Poe to rub his ankle?
(a) He hardly knows Mr. Poe
(b) Personal space
(d) His ankle is sore
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet do that signifies she is trying to think?
2. What does Stephano make Violet do as they head to the Jeep?
3. Where does Violet put the contents of Stephan's suitcase when she enters the Reptile Room?
4. What is Stephano holding when the orphans turn to face him?
5. What makes Klaus suddenly very angry with the doctor?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)