|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is odd about the doctor's hand when he opens the door to the reptile room?
(a) It makes a metal clanging sound
(b) It is to short
(c) He has to use both of them
(d) It is stiff
2. What does Stephano claim to be to Mr. Poe?
(a) A table dancer
(b) A snake charmer
(c) An excelent judge of character
(d) An expert on snakes
3. Who does Violet realize is watching her as she tries to break into the suitcase?
(a) The doctor
(d) Mr. Poe
4. What does Stephano make Violet do as they head to the Jeep?
(a) Pack a lunch
(b) Get the tickets
(c) Lock up the house
(d) Carry his suitcase
5. What does the word 'Brummagem' mean as it is used to describe Stephano's look of surprise?
6. What does Mr. Poe do to try and call away the Incredibly Deadly Viper from Sunny?
(b) Played a flute
(c) Did a dance
(d) Here snakey snakey
7. What does Mr. Poe get to rub Stephano's ankle?
(a) Wash cloth
(b) Snot rag
(d) Coat jacket
8. What do the children think it would be easier to argue with rather than Mr. Poe?
(a) A three-eyed toad
(b) The wrecked car
(c) A snake-shaped hedge
(d) A brick wall
9. Where does Mr. Poe say that Sunny won't be willing to sit for a car ride?
(a) In the trunk
(b) Dr. Montgomery's lap
(c) The roof
(d) On the hood
10. What does the look on Klaus' face show he is feeling after they have exposed Stephano's lies?
11. What do Violet and Klaus both say when they hear Sunny?
(a) Her scream is fake
(b) Her scream is realistic
(c) Is that the best she can do?
(d) They hope she is ok
12. Why does Klaus say he doesn't want to go in the Reptile Room?
(a) The snake might still be loose
(b) They haven't been given permission
(c) Uncle Monty died in there
(d) Count Olaf might come in and find them
13. What does the look on Sunny's face show she is feeling after exposing Stephano's lies?
14. Where does Violet put the contents of Stephan's suitcase when she enters the Reptile Room?
(a) On a table
(b) In an evidence bag
(c) In a box
(d) Where Dr. Montgomery's body had been found
15. Who does Mr. Poe say can't drive a car to town?
(d) Dr. Montgomery
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mr. Poe doing when he hears Sunny?
2. What does Stephano pull out when Klaus says he will call the police?
3. What does Klaus mention that gives Violet a clue where to look for evidence?
4. How does Stephano describe Dr. Montgomery's death?
5. What does Violet tell Sunny to do while Klaus is looking through books?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)