|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has Violet created when she is done?
(a) A mess
(c) Electrolisys pad
(d) Shocking instrument
2. What is the first story that the narrator makes mention of to relate a moral of not lying?
(a) The Honest Woodcutter
(b) The Boy That Cried Wolf
(d) The Wolf in Sheep's Clothing
3. Who panics upon seeing Sunny in her predicament?
(b) Mr. Poe
(d) The doctor
4. What do the children think it would be easier to argue with rather than Mr. Poe?
(a) The wrecked car
(b) A brick wall
(c) A three-eyed toad
(d) A snake-shaped hedge
5. What happens as Stephano is driving the children to the boat?
(a) A cow jumps out infront of the car
(b) Stephano has a seizure
(c) A car accident
(d) Violet throws up on Stephano
6. What is Mr. Poe doing when he hears Sunny?
(a) Having tea and cakes
(b) Talking with Stephano and the doctor
(c) Going to the bathroom
(d) Talking on the phone
7. What snake does the doctor say bit Dr. Montgomery?
(a) Mamba du Mal
(b) The Eye Biter
(d) Incredibly Deadly Viper
8. What does Violet put on the floor while she tries to listen on the adults' conversation?
(a) Her hair ribbon
(b) A small feather
(c) Her shoe
(d) A book
9. What do the children hope for when Stephano climbs in the Jeep?
(a) That Mr. Poe will arrive
(b) That the police will come
(c) That it will blow up
(d) That it won't start
10. Why does the doctor explain that he and Stephano can't switch cars?
(a) The city laws won't allow anyone else to drive his car
(b) He hates to drive a Jeep
(c) His car is out of gas
(d) He can't drive Stephano's car
11. Violet says they have to go in the Reptile Room for what reason?
(a) To take a moment of silence for Uncle Monty
(b) They need to look for the snake
(c) They have work to do
(d) They need to find a murder weapon
12. What can Violet see Stephano explaining but doesn't know what he is saying?
(a) Stephano explaining how he found Dr. Montgomery
(b) Stephano telling Mr. Poe that Sunny isn't hurt
(c) Stephano explaining he is a snake expert
(d) Stephano telling everyone how wonderful he is
13. Why does Klaus say he doesn't want to go in the Reptile Room?
(a) Uncle Monty died in there
(b) Count Olaf might come in and find them
(c) They haven't been given permission
(d) The snake might still be loose
14. What does Stephano claim to be to Mr. Poe?
(a) An expert on snakes
(b) A table dancer
(c) A snake charmer
(d) An excelent judge of character
15. What word is used to describe Violet's homemade invention?
(b) Poorly made
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Klaus announce he sees?
2. What does the author tell the reader that it is good and necessary to do sometimes?
3. Who does the narrator explain that inventions, such as the one Violet has made, are used by?
4. What does Klaus say he is waiting on before he leaves?
5. How does Stephano describe Dr. Montgomery's death?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)