|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the word 'Brummagem' mean as it is used to describe Stephano's look of surprise?
2. What does Violet tell the other two that they need to find in the Reptile Room?
(a) A book about snakes
(c) Stephano's plans
(d) A book about tattoos
3. What do the children think it would be easier to argue with rather than Mr. Poe?
(a) A three-eyed toad
(b) A snake-shaped hedge
(c) A brick wall
(d) The wrecked car
4. How does Stephano describe Dr. Montgomery's death?
(a) A terrible accident
(c) The inevitable
(d) A tragic loss
5. What does Stephano offer the doctor and Mr. Poe when they enter the house?
(a) Cake and tea
6. What do Violet and Klaus both say when they hear Sunny?
(a) Is that the best she can do?
(b) Her scream is fake
(c) They hope she is ok
(d) Her scream is realistic
7. What do the children begin to do as they drive away from the house?
(b) Grab the wheel from Stephano
(d) Jump out of the Jeep
8. What does Stephano pull out when Klaus says he will call the police?
(a) The police number
(b) His knife
(c) A walkie talkie
(d) Wire Cutters
9. Why does Klaus say he doesn't want to go in the Reptile Room?
(a) The snake might still be loose
(b) Uncle Monty died in there
(c) They haven't been given permission
(d) Count Olaf might come in and find them
10. Where does Stephano tell Mr. Poe he is taking the children?
(a) To get a doctor
(b) To Peru
(c) To the orphanage
(d) To find a snake expert
11. Who pulls up behind the children and Mr. Poe while they are still walking back to Dr. Montgomery's house?
(a) A policeman
(b) A doctor
(c) An ambulance
(d) The coroner
12. What does the doctor suggest is the reason that Dr. Montgomery wasn't bruised?
(a) The snake didn't feel like bruising him
(b) Dr. Montgomery put his face in the cage
(c) The snake was trying to frame the frogs
(d) The snake had been injured and was too sore
13. What do the children hope for when Stephano climbs in the Jeep?
(a) That the police will come
(b) That Mr. Poe will arrive
(c) That it won't start
(d) That it will blow up
14. What is Klaus trying not to do as Mr. Poe, Stephano and the doctor enter the Reptile Room?
(d) Kick Stephano
15. What does the author tell the reader that it is good and necessary to do sometimes?
(a) Trick people
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose face couldn't be read?
2. What does Mr. Poe do to try and call away the Incredibly Deadly Viper from Sunny?
3. Who does the narrator explain that inventions, such as the one Violet has made, are used by?
4. What can Violet see Stephano explaining but doesn't know what he is saying?
5. Where does Violet put the contents of Stephan's suitcase when she enters the Reptile Room?
This section contains 536 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)