|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Violet's invention when she tries to open the suitcase the last time?
(a) It creates a spart
(b) It breaks
(c) It shocks Violet
(d) It fuses to the lock
2. What does Violet do to her invention to make it slide easier?
(a) Puts some grease on it
(b) Dips it in the cold coffee made by Stephano
(c) Sprays cooking oil on it
(d) Licks it
3. What does Stephano make Violet do as they head to the Jeep?
(a) Get the tickets
(b) Pack a lunch
(c) Carry his suitcase
(d) Lock up the house
4. What does Mr. Poe get to rub Stephano's ankle?
(a) Wash cloth
(c) Snot rag
(d) Coat jacket
5. What does Klaus mention that gives Violet a clue where to look for evidence?
(a) Back pack
6. Who does the narrator explain that inventions, such as the one Violet has made, are used by?
(c) Bad guys
(d) Magic door fairies
7. What does Violet go get from the kitchen to make her invention slick?
(a) Cake icing
(b) Cooking oil
(c) Baking grease
8. What does the word 'Brummagem' mean as it is used to describe Stephano's look of surprise?
9. What did Stephano have which belonged to Dr. Montgomery, that Stephano planned to use to pass as Dr. Montgomery?
(a) Library Card
(b) Underware with his name in it
(c) Driver Liscense
(d) Herpetological Society card
10. What does Violet put on the floor while she tries to listen on the adults' conversation?
(a) Her shoe
(b) Her hair ribbon
(c) A small feather
(d) A book
11. What is one of the reasons given that a person shouldn't play with electricity?
(a) It will mess up your hair
(b) It could start a fire
(c) It is illegal
(d) You might get electrocuted
12. Who does Violet realize is watching her as she tries to break into the suitcase?
(c) Mr. Poe
(d) The doctor
13. Where does Mr. Poe say that Sunny won't be willing to sit for a car ride?
(a) On the hood
(b) The roof
(c) In the trunk
(d) Dr. Montgomery's lap
14. What does the look on Sunny's face show she is feeling after exposing Stephano's lies?
15. The narrator say that Violet is staring at the contents of the suitcase as if they were ___________________.
(a) They key to their freedom
(b) Her whole world
(c) Parts to a machine
(d) The end of the nightmare
Short Answer Questions
1. What other children's story does the author make mention of in the story to talk about things that are fake?
2. What does Violet tell the other two that they need to find in the Reptile Room?
3. What do Violet and Klaus both say when they hear Sunny?
4. How does Stephano describe Dr. Montgomery's death?
5. What reason does Stephano give for not explaining his vast knowledge of snakes beforehand?
This section contains 526 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)