|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Poe do to try and call away the Incredibly Deadly Viper from Sunny?
(a) Played a flute
(b) Did a dance
(c) Here snakey snakey
2. What makes Klaus suddenly very angry with the doctor?
(a) He broke Dr. Montgomery's chair
(b) He is stealking Dr. Montgomery's silverware
(c) He peed on the carpet
(d) He is eating Dr. Montgomery's food
3. What do the children hope for when Stephano climbs in the Jeep?
(a) That Mr. Poe will arrive
(b) That it won't start
(c) That it will blow up
(d) That the police will come
4. What does Mr. Poe NOT say proves that Stephano is not Count Olaf?
(a) Missing the one eyebrow
(b) Stephano's unblemished ankle
(c) Hooked finger
(d) Stephano's beard
5. What does Mr. Poe say about picking a lock?
(a) It is illegal
(b) It is very interesting
(c) Good girls shouldn't know how
(d) Mr. Poe needs to learn how
6. Why does the doctor explain that there isn't a snake loose in the house?
(a) The snake got out through a window
(b) It locked itself back up
(c) Dr. Mongomery fell on the snake crushing it
(d) Dr. Montgomery had stuck his face in the cage
7. Where does Violet say she is going while Klaus looks for info about the Mamba du Mal?
(a) To look through the doctor's car
(b) To call the police
(c) Uncle Monty's room
(d) Stephano's room
8. What does Violet put on the floor while she tries to listen on the adults' conversation?
(a) Her shoe
(b) Her hair ribbon
(c) A small feather
(d) A book
9. How does Stephano describe Dr. Montgomery's death?
(b) A tragic loss
(c) The inevitable
(d) A terrible accident
10. What does Stephano pull out when Klaus says he will call the police?
(a) The police number
(b) His knife
(c) Wire Cutters
(d) A walkie talkie
11. What does Violet do that signifies she is trying to think?
(a) Pulls her hair back
(b) Pulls out a pen and paper
(c) Turns her hat around backwards
(d) Begins to hum the theme to jeapordy
12. What happens to Violet's invention when she tries to open the suitcase the last time?
(a) It fuses to the lock
(b) It breaks
(c) It shocks Violet
(d) It creates a spart
13. What does Klaus say he is waiting on before he leaves?
(a) A forensic team
(b) Mr. Poe
(d) To find the snake
14. Who does Mr. Poe say can't drive a car to town?
(a) Dr. Montgomery
15. What does Mr. Poe get to rub Stephano's ankle?
(a) Snot rag
(b) Coat jacket
(d) Wash cloth
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose face couldn't be read?
2. What happens as Stephano is driving the children to the boat?
3. What is Stephano holding when the orphans turn to face him?
4. Where does Violet put the contents of Stephan's suitcase when she enters the Reptile Room?
5. Who does the narrator explain that inventions, such as the one Violet has made, are used by?
This section contains 518 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)