|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Stephano only carry bags with one hand?
(a) So he can pick things up if needed
(b) He has a sore on one hand
(c) So he can reach the children with a free hand
(d) To keep one hand on his knife
2. Where do the children like to be more than anywhere else?
(a) Family room
(d) Reptile Room
3. What does Uncle Monty have Klaus do when he gets home?
(a) Go feed the snakes
(b) Help 'Stephano' carry the canoe
(c) Take the toothbrushes and put them in the packs
(d) Gather the notes on Peru
4. What is the Reptile Room made out of?
(b) Snake pictures
5. What does Dr. Montgomery say is the reason he never found a wife and started a family?
(a) Too scared of women
(b) Never could find a wife who liked snakes
(c) Slipped his mind
(d) Never found the time
6. What does Violet explain Sunny likes?
(a) Hard things
(c) Chewy things
7. What does Dr. Montgomery tell the children to do before he shows them the reptile room?
(a) Wash the dishes
(b) Change their clothes
(c) Show Mr. Poe to his car
(d) Take their things to the room
8. Who does Mr. Poe tell the children they are going to go live with?
(a) Count Olaf
(b) Dr. Montogmery
(c) A foster home
(d) Mr. Poe
9. Where does Dr. Montgomery say the children and he will be going in just ten days?
10. What does Uncle Monty want to show Violet he has bought before she tells him her important information?
(b) Snake bait
(d) Wasp repellent
11. What happens while the children sit in Violet's room?
(a) Someone knocks on the window
(b) Someone knocks on the door
(c) Mr. Poe arrives
(d) The phone rings
12. Where does Sunny sit in the Jeep on the way to the movies?
(a) In Klaus' lap
(b) In Violet's lap
(c) With Uncle Monty
(d) In Stephano's lap
13. What does Stephano tell the children has changed about the plans to Peru?
(a) They are going to India instead
(b) Uncle Monty isn't going
(c) The Incredibly Deadly Viper isn't going
(d) Sunny isn't going
14. What does Klaus say that Count Olaf puts a damper on?
15. What kind of fruit do the trees near Lousy Lane produce?
(a) Bitter plums
(b) Sour apples
(c) Worm ridden pears
(d) Rotten peaches
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet have tacked up on her wall to sketch out her ideas?
2. What do the children see handing from the ceiling when they first see inside the house of Dr. Montgomery?
3. What does Stephano do while they are at the movies?
4. What does Count Olaf tell the children he assumes that they are?
5. What kind of toothbrush does Uncle Monty tell the children he bought?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)