|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephano chop in the kitchen while they are making dinner?
(c) Fish heads
2. What does Count Olaf ask the children to do for him?
(a) Find him a room
(b) Get him something to eat
(c) Tell Dr. Montgomery he has arrived
(d) Carry his luggage
3. What does the narrator compare the knife to as a warning?
(b) A red light
(c) A teacher's reprimand
(d) A train whistle
4. What does Count Olaf tell the children he assumes that they are?
(a) Dr. Montgomery's children
5. Who is driving the car taking the children to their new home?
(a) Mr. Poe
(b) Taxi driver
(c) Mrs. Poe
(d) A policeman
6. Who does Dr. Montgomery ask if he/she does not like coconut?
(d) Mr. Poe
7. What do the children find at the far end of the Reptile Room?
(a) A giant snake
(b) A toad with three mouths
(c) A map of Peru
8. What happens while the children sit in Violet's room?
(a) Someone knocks on the door
(b) The phone rings
(c) Mr. Poe arrives
(d) Someone knocks on the window
9. Who does Mr. Poe tell the children they are going to go live with?
(a) Mr. Poe
(b) A foster home
(c) Count Olaf
(d) Dr. Montogmery
10. What do the children see handing from the ceiling when they first see inside the house of Dr. Montgomery?
(a) Stained-glass light fixture
(b) A vast library
(c) A statue of a snake
(d) A painting of an eye
11. What have the shrubs been cut to look like?
(d) Women dancing
12. What does Uncle Monty say in his letter he has NOT gone to town to get?
(a) A fireproof canoe
(c) A tent
13. What does Mr. Poe say that Dr. Montgomery has done that gives him a great many stories to tell?
(b) Gone on adventures
14. Where does Dr. Montgomery receive a great deal of his money?
(a) A book he has written on snakes
(b) The government
(c) His discoveries
(d) His inventions
15. What does Mr. Poe warn Klaus in the car not to do to Dr. Montgomery in regards to Montgomery's name?
(a) Spit on him
(b) Ridicule him
(c) Taunt him
(d) Mock him
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Monty teach the children not to give too much of to the Green Gimlet Toad
2. What does Klaus suggest that Sunny and Violet find ridiculous?
3. What kind of fruit do the trees near Lousy Lane produce?
4. What does Stephano do to make sure the children don't go to Uncle Monty's room?
5. Who opens Violet's bedroom door?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)