|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator tell the reader that he and the reader know that the Baudelaire children do not know?
(a) They will never make it back from Peru
(b) Count Olaf is on his way
(c) Dr. Montgomery will soon be dead
(d) The snakes will eat one of them
2. What does Uncle Monty have Klaus do when he gets home?
(a) Take the toothbrushes and put them in the packs
(b) Gather the notes on Peru
(c) Help 'Stephano' carry the canoe
(d) Go feed the snakes
3. Dissonant Toad is known for imitating what?
(a) Cat sounds
(b) Sound of musical instruments
(c) Dog sounds
(d) Human speech
4. Where does Stephano tell the children that Uncle Monty is?
(a) In the Jeep
(b) The Reptile Room
(c) His bedroom
(d) The Library
5. What does Mr. Poe warn Klaus in the car not to do to Dr. Montgomery in regards to Montgomery's name?
(a) Spit on him
(b) Taunt him
(c) Mock him
(d) Ridicule him
6. What hits Uncle Monty on the head?
(a) A chair from Violet's room
(b) A book from the library
(c) A reading lamp from Klaus' room
(d) A toy from Sunny's room
7. What movie does Uncle Monty tell the children he wants to catch that night?
(a) Biker Girls in Zombie Town
(b) Zombies in the Snow
(c) A Series of Unfortunate Events
(d) Dragons versus Zombies
8. What does Klaus suggest that Sunny and Violet find ridiculous?
(a) That Montgomery is friends with Olaf
(b) That Olaf is smarter than the children
(c) That no one cares about the children
(d) That Montgomery is conspiring with Olaf
9. Why does Stephano only carry bags with one hand?
(a) To keep one hand on his knife
(b) So he can reach the children with a free hand
(c) He has a sore on one hand
(d) So he can pick things up if needed
10. What does Uncle Monty tell Klaus when he insists he needs to tell him something important?
(a) He has to go and finish packing his clothes
(b) Go start dinner
(c) It isn't polite to interrupt
(d) Call the police
11. What does Stephano chop in the kitchen while they are making dinner?
(b) Fish heads
12. What does Violet say they are old enough to do?
(a) Help with the snakes
(b) Cook for themselves
(c) Get jobs
(d) Stay by themselves
13. Who opens Violet's bedroom door?
(b) Mr. Poe
14. Why does Violet say they shouldn't leave the house?
(a) Olaf might hurt Uncle Monty
(b) The police would be called on them
(c) Olaf would catch them
(d) Olaf's troupe might be watching
15. Who do the children suggest calling to tell that Count Olaf has appeared in the house?
(a) Mrs. Poe
(b) Uncle Monty
(c) Mr. Poe
(d) The police
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Klaus suggest he could get a job?
2. What does Dr. Montgomery say that he studies?
3. What sort of factory does the Grim River circle?
4. What does Mr. Poe tell the children they should address Dr. Montgomery as?
5. What question does Mr. Poe ask of Dr. Montgomery while they are eating?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)