|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where dose Uncle Monty tell the children he found Stephano?
(a) Reptile Room
(b) Out in the garden
(d) His bedroom
2. Where had Dr. Montgomery been bitten?
(a) On the ankle
(b) On the veranda
(c) Below the eye
(d) On his hand
3. What is unique about the room that Klaus chooses?
(a) It has an alcove
(b) It has a double bed
(c) It has no windows
(d) It has a small library
4. Who is driving the car taking the children to their new home?
(a) A policeman
(b) Mrs. Poe
(c) Mr. Poe
(d) Taxi driver
5. What does Uncle Monty have in his hands when he runs into the children after they have had their breakfast?
(a) A snake
(b) Folded up papers
(c) The morning news paper
(d) A book on Peru
6. What does Stephano do while they are at the movies?
(a) Hogs the popcorn
(b) Takes all the soda
(c) Hits Klaus
(d) Talks through the movie
7. What are most of the books in Dr. Montgomery's library written about?
(a) Peruvian Andes
(c) Unique toads
(d) Poisonous snakes
8. What question does Mr. Poe ask of Dr. Montgomery while they are eating?
(a) If the snakes are dangerous
(b) How he will care for the children
(c) If he has any experience with children
(d) Who will watch the children while he is away
9. What does Klaus suggest that Sunny and Violet find ridiculous?
(a) That Montgomery is friends with Olaf
(b) That no one cares about the children
(c) That Montgomery is conspiring with Olaf
(d) That Olaf is smarter than the children
10. Where is Sunny's room located?
(a) At the bottom of the stairs
(b) Between Violet and Klaus'
(c) Next to Uncle Monty's
(d) In the attic
11. What does Uncle Monty do when Sunny and the Incredibly Deadly Viper bite each other?
(a) Throw up
12. What happens while the children sit in Violet's room?
(a) Someone knocks on the door
(b) Mr. Poe arrives
(c) The phone rings
(d) Someone knocks on the window
13. Where does Dr. Montgomery receive a great deal of his money?
(a) A book he has written on snakes
(b) The government
(c) His inventions
(d) His discoveries
14. Where does Stephano tell the children that Uncle Monty is?
(a) His bedroom
(b) The Reptile Room
(c) The Library
(d) In the Jeep
15. Where does Klaus suggest he could get a job?
(a) Horseradish factory
Short Answer Questions
1. What hits Uncle Monty on the head?
2. What do the children see handing from the ceiling when they first see inside the house of Dr. Montgomery?
3. Who does the narrator explain will be the one that ends up dead?
4. What does Uncle Monty want to show Violet he has bought before she tells him her important information?
5. What do the Baudelaire children still have nightmares about?
This section contains 488 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)