|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Count Olaf tell the children he assumes that they are?
(c) Dr. Montgomery's children
2. Where dose Uncle Monty tell the children he found Stephano?
(a) His bedroom
(b) Out in the garden
(c) Reptile Room
3. What does Dr. Montgomery say the Barbary Chewer will begin to do if it doesn't have something in its mouth at all times?
(a) Eat its own mouth
(b) Eat its own tail
(c) Drown in its own spit
(d) Digest itself
4. Who does the narrator explain will be the one that ends up dead?
(a) The Incredibly Deadly Viper
(b) Uncle Monty
(c) Mr. Poe
(d) Count Olaf
5. What is most of the water in the Grim River said to be made of?
(c) Dead fish
6. Why does Violet say they shouldn't leave the house?
(a) Olaf's troupe might be watching
(b) Olaf would catch them
(c) The police would be called on them
(d) Olaf might hurt Uncle Monty
7. What does Dr. Montgomery suggest he could get for Sunny?
(a) An old shoe
(b) A snake
(c) A cucumber
(d) A raw carrot
8. What does Uncle Monty have in his hands when he runs into the children after they have had their breakfast?
(a) A book on Peru
(b) A snake
(c) Folded up papers
(d) The morning news paper
9. What does Stephano tell the children has changed about the plans to Peru?
(a) The Incredibly Deadly Viper isn't going
(b) Uncle Monty isn't going
(c) They are going to India instead
(d) Sunny isn't going
10. What has Violet been trying to think up an invention for?
(a) To make the car ride more enjoyable
(b) To block the smell from the river
(c) To make her less nervous
(d) To stop Count Olaf from finding them
11. What question does Mr. Poe ask of Dr. Montgomery while they are eating?
(a) If he has any experience with children
(b) Who will watch the children while he is away
(c) How he will care for the children
(d) If the snakes are dangerous
12. Where do the children like to be more than anywhere else?
(b) Reptile Room
(d) Family room
13. What does Stephano do as the children walk out of the bedroom?
(a) Kicks Klaus
(c) Starts singing
14. How does Dr. Montgomery introduce himself?
(a) Montgomery Montgomery
(b) Dr. Montgomery
(c) The master of this abode
(d) Uncle Monty
15. What does Violet say they are old enough to do?
(a) Help with the snakes
(b) Get jobs
(c) Cook for themselves
(d) Stay by themselves
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klaus suggest they do in order to get away from Count Olaf?
2. Dissonant Toad is known for imitating what?
3. What is in Violet's room that she thought might help inspire her while inventing?
4. What does Dr. Montgomery explain has happened that has put him behind in his preparations?
5. What does Sunny put in her room?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)