|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Klaus ask Violet if they can do?
(a) Sleep in the same room
(b) Call Mr. Poe
(c) Sneak out at the same time
(d) Sleep in the bathroom
2. When does Mr. Poe tell the children he will be back with the children's luggage?
(a) A week
(b) A month
(c) Two days
(d) A few hours
3. What does Mr. Poe warn Klaus in the car not to do to Dr. Montgomery in regards to Montgomery's name?
(a) Taunt him
(b) Mock him
(c) Ridicule him
(d) Spit on him
4. What are most of the books in Dr. Montgomery's library written about?
(a) Peruvian Andes
(b) Unique toads
(c) Poisonous snakes
5. What have the shrubs been cut to look like?
(a) Women dancing
6. Who does Dr. Montgomery ask if he/she does not like coconut?
(c) Mr. Poe
7. What does the narrator compare the knife to as a warning?
(a) A train whistle
(c) A red light
(d) A teacher's reprimand
8. What do the Baudelaire children still have nightmares about?
(a) Stage performances
(b) Adults not believing them
9. What happens while the children sit in Violet's room?
(a) Someone knocks on the door
(b) The phone rings
(c) Someone knocks on the window
(d) Mr. Poe arrives
10. What does Count Olaf tell the children he assumes that they are?
(c) Dr. Montgomery's children
11. What does Mr. Poe tell the children is odd about Dr. Montgomery's name?
(a) His first and last name are Montgomery
(b) He has no first name
(c) His first name can't be pernounced
(d) He had it changed to Susan
12. Where do the children like to be more than anywhere else?
(a) Family room
(d) Reptile Room
13. What object does the narrator use for an example saying he should have brought this item to avoid disastrous results?
(b) Rain coat
(c) Life jacket
14. What does Uncle Monty say that Stephano will name the snake if he is able to steal it?
(a) Stephano's Snake
(b) Count Olaf's Pet
(c) The Stephano Find
(d) XYZ Reptilian Genome
15. What does Uncle Monty have Klaus do when he gets home?
(a) Help 'Stephano' carry the canoe
(b) Take the toothbrushes and put them in the packs
(c) Go feed the snakes
(d) Gather the notes on Peru
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Montgomery tell the children he has just finished making?
2. What does Klaus suggest that Sunny and Violet find ridiculous?
3. What does Dr. Montgomery tell the children they are lucky he isn't speaking because he is so excited?
4. What does Klaus say that Count Olaf puts a damper on?
5. What hits Uncle Monty on the head?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)