|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Mr. Poe ask of Dr. Montgomery while they are eating?
(a) If he has any experience with children
(b) Who will watch the children while he is away
(c) If the snakes are dangerous
(d) How he will care for the children
2. What is the painting of that the children first see in the house?
(a) A viper hissing
(b) Two snakes entwined
(c) A boa constrictor
(d) A snake in a basket
3. What is in Violet's room that she thought might help inspire her while inventing?
(a) A large window
(b) A big painting
(c) A fluffy bed
(d) Unique wall paper
4. What is most of the water in the Grim River said to be made of?
(d) Dead fish
5. What does Uncle Monty tell Klaus when he insists he needs to tell him something important?
(a) He has to go and finish packing his clothes
(b) Go start dinner
(c) Call the police
(d) It isn't polite to interrupt
6. What does Dr. Montgomery say the Barbary Chewer will begin to do if it doesn't have something in its mouth at all times?
(a) Eat its own mouth
(b) Eat its own tail
(c) Digest itself
(d) Drown in its own spit
7. Who does Dr. Montgomery ask if he/she does not like coconut?
(b) Mr. Poe
8. Why does Uncle Monty get to name the Incredibly Deadly Viper?
(a) He discovered it
(b) He bought the rights
(c) He is the lead scientist
(d) He has done great studies on it
9. Where does Dr. Montgomery say the children and he will be going in just ten days?
10. What does Violet say they are old enough to do?
(a) Help with the snakes
(b) Stay by themselves
(c) Cook for themselves
(d) Get jobs
11. Where dose Uncle Monty tell the children he found Stephano?
(a) Reptile Room
(b) Out in the garden
(c) His bedroom
12. What happens while the children sit in Violet's room?
(a) The phone rings
(b) Someone knocks on the window
(c) Mr. Poe arrives
(d) Someone knocks on the door
13. Dissonant Toad is known for imitating what?
(a) Dog sounds
(b) Human speech
(c) Cat sounds
(d) Sound of musical instruments
14. When does Mr. Poe tell the children he will be back with the children's luggage?
(a) A week
(b) A few hours
(c) Two days
(d) A month
15. What does Dr. Montgomery suggest he could get for Sunny?
(a) An old shoe
(b) A snake
(c) A cucumber
(d) A raw carrot
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet explain Sunny likes?
2. Where do the children like to be more than anywhere else?
3. What does Mr. Poe tell the children is odd about Dr. Montgomery's name?
4. What does Uncle Monty have Klaus do when he gets home?
5. What have the shrubs been cut to look like?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)