|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Monty want to show Violet he has bought before she tells him her important information?
(a) Snake bait
(c) Wasp repellent
2. What does Mr. Poe tell the children they should address Dr. Montgomery as?
(a) Montgomery Montgomery
(b) Dr. Montgomery
3. Where does Sunny sit in the Jeep on the way to the movies?
(a) In Stephano's lap
(b) In Klaus' lap
(c) With Uncle Monty
(d) In Violet's lap
4. What does Stephano offer to carry?
(a) The shopping bags
(b) The canoe
(c) The toothbrushes
(d) The food packs
5. What question does Mr. Poe ask of Dr. Montgomery while they are eating?
(a) If the snakes are dangerous
(b) How he will care for the children
(c) Who will watch the children while he is away
(d) If he has any experience with children
6. What is in Violet's room that she thought might help inspire her while inventing?
(a) A big painting
(b) A fluffy bed
(c) A large window
(d) Unique wall paper
7. Why does Stephano only carry bags with one hand?
(a) So he can reach the children with a free hand
(b) To keep one hand on his knife
(c) So he can pick things up if needed
(d) He has a sore on one hand
8. What does Uncle Monty tell Klaus when he insists he needs to tell him something important?
(a) Call the police
(b) He has to go and finish packing his clothes
(c) It isn't polite to interrupt
(d) Go start dinner
9. What does Klaus ask Violet if they can do?
(a) Sleep in the bathroom
(b) Sleep in the same room
(c) Sneak out at the same time
(d) Call Mr. Poe
10. What object does the narrator use for an example saying he should have brought this item to avoid disastrous results?
(b) Life jacket
(d) Rain coat
11. What does Stephano do to make sure the children don't go to Uncle Monty's room?
(a) Sits in the hallway all night
(b) Shares a room with Uncle Monty
(c) Locks the children's doors
(d) Puts a dog in the hall
12. When does Mr. Poe tell the children he will be back with the children's luggage?
(a) A week
(b) Two days
(c) A few hours
(d) A month
13. What does the narrator tell the reader that he and the reader know that the Baudelaire children do not know?
(a) The snakes will eat one of them
(b) Dr. Montgomery will soon be dead
(c) Count Olaf is on his way
(d) They will never make it back from Peru
14. Who does Mr. Poe tell the children they are going to go live with?
(a) A foster home
(b) Count Olaf
(c) Dr. Montogmery
(d) Mr. Poe
15. What do the children see handing from the ceiling when they first see inside the house of Dr. Montgomery?
(a) Stained-glass light fixture
(b) A painting of an eye
(c) A statue of a snake
(d) A vast library
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens while the children sit in Violet's room?
2. What is most of the water in the Grim River said to be made of?
3. What does the narrator compare the knife to as a warning?
4. What does Uncle Monty do with Stephano's ticket to Peru?
5. What do the Baudelaire children find in the Reptile Room?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)