|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of fruit do the trees near Lousy Lane produce?
(a) Bitter plums
(b) Rotten peaches
(c) Sour apples
(d) Worm ridden pears
2. Who opens Violet's bedroom door?
(d) Mr. Poe
3. What does Klaus suggest that Sunny and Violet find ridiculous?
(a) That no one cares about the children
(b) That Montgomery is friends with Olaf
(c) That Olaf is smarter than the children
(d) That Montgomery is conspiring with Olaf
4. What does Uncle Monty say that Stephano will name the snake if he is able to steal it?
(a) The Stephano Find
(b) Stephano's Snake
(c) XYZ Reptilian Genome
(d) Count Olaf's Pet
5. What does Stephano offer to carry?
(a) The toothbrushes
(b) The shopping bags
(c) The canoe
(d) The food packs
6. What does Uncle Monty do with Stephano's ticket to Peru?
(a) Gives it away
(b) Cashes it in
(c) Tears into pieces
(d) Hands it to Stephano
7. What does Mr. Poe warn Klaus in the car not to do to Dr. Montgomery in regards to Montgomery's name?
(a) Spit on him
(b) Taunt him
(c) Mock him
(d) Ridicule him
8. What does Mr. Poe tell the children is odd about Dr. Montgomery's name?
(a) His first and last name are Montgomery
(b) His first name can't be pernounced
(c) He has no first name
(d) He had it changed to Susan
9. What does Violet explain Sunny likes?
(c) Chewy things
(d) Hard things
10. What do the children see handing from the ceiling when they first see inside the house of Dr. Montgomery?
(a) A statue of a snake
(b) A vast library
(c) A painting of an eye
(d) Stained-glass light fixture
11. When does Mr. Poe tell the children he will be back with the children's luggage?
(a) A month
(b) A week
(c) A few hours
(d) Two days
12. What does Dr. Montgomery tell the children they are lucky he isn't speaking because he is so excited?
(a) Pig latin
(b) Baby talk
13. Why does Uncle Monty get to name the Incredibly Deadly Viper?
(a) He has done great studies on it
(b) He discovered it
(c) He bought the rights
(d) He is the lead scientist
14. What does Mr. Poe say that Dr. Montgomery has done that gives him a great many stories to tell?
(a) Gone on adventures
15. Why does Stephano only carry bags with one hand?
(a) To keep one hand on his knife
(b) So he can pick things up if needed
(c) He has a sore on one hand
(d) So he can reach the children with a free hand
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Montgomery explain has happened that has put him behind in his preparations?
2. Where is Sunny's room located?
3. What do the Baudelaire children still have nightmares about?
4. What does Count Olaf tell the children he assumes that they are?
5. What does Violet see 'Stephano' holding while she is getting ready to tell Uncle Monty that Stephano is really Count Olaf?
This section contains 510 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)