|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Mr. Poe tell the children he will be back with the children's luggage?
(a) A month
(b) Two days
(c) A few hours
(d) A week
2. What object does the narrator use for an example saying he should have brought this item to avoid disastrous results?
(a) Life jacket
(c) Rain coat
3. What does the Alaskan Cow Lizard produce?
(a) Sticky white substance
4. What is most of the water in the Grim River said to be made of?
(d) Dead fish
5. What does Uncle Monty explain two snakes in his room have learned to do that is dangerous?
(a) Learned to drive a car
(b) Set a trap
(c) Dial a phone
(d) Open their cages
6. What does Count Olaf tell the children he assumes that they are?
(c) Dr. Montgomery's children
7. What do the children find at the far end of the Reptile Room?
(b) A map of Peru
(c) A toad with three mouths
(d) A giant snake
8. Who opens Violet's bedroom door?
(b) Mr. Poe
9. What happens while the children sit in Violet's room?
(a) The phone rings
(b) Someone knocks on the window
(c) Someone knocks on the door
(d) Mr. Poe arrives
10. Who is driving the car taking the children to their new home?
(a) Mr. Poe
(b) Mrs. Poe
(c) A policeman
(d) Taxi driver
11. What does Dr. Montgomery say that he studies?
(c) Exotic animals
(d) Biting animals
12. What does Klaus suggest they do in order to get away from Count Olaf?
(a) Steal a car
(b) Call a cab
(c) Run away
(d) Kill Count Olaf
13. What does Count Olaf ask the children to do for him?
(a) Carry his luggage
(b) Get him something to eat
(c) Find him a room
(d) Tell Dr. Montgomery he has arrived
14. What does Mr. Poe tell the children is odd about Dr. Montgomery's name?
(a) He had it changed to Susan
(b) His first and last name are Montgomery
(c) He has no first name
(d) His first name can't be pernounced
15. Who do the children suggest calling to tell that Count Olaf has appeared in the house?
(a) Mr. Poe
(b) Uncle Monty
(c) The police
(d) Mrs. Poe
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator compare the knife to as a warning?
2. What does Violet say they are old enough to do?
3. What does Klaus suggest that Sunny and Violet find ridiculous?
4. What does Dr. Montgomery explain has happened that has put him behind in his preparations?
5. What excuse does the narrator give for leaving the reader waiting for an answer about Sunny being bitten?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)