|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sunny put in her room?
(a) Small hard objects to bite
(b) Chewable toys
(c) Blankets to hide in
(d) Picture books
2. What does Mr. Poe tell the children is odd about Dr. Montgomery's name?
(a) His first and last name are Montgomery
(b) He has no first name
(c) His first name can't be pernounced
(d) He had it changed to Susan
3. Where dose Uncle Monty tell the children he found Stephano?
(a) Out in the garden
(c) Reptile Room
(d) His bedroom
4. Who is driving the car taking the children to their new home?
(a) Taxi driver
(b) Mrs. Poe
(c) A policeman
(d) Mr. Poe
5. What does Stephano chop in the kitchen while they are making dinner?
(b) Fish heads
6. Who opens Violet's bedroom door?
(c) Mr. Poe
7. Where does Dr. Montgomery say the children and he will be going in just ten days?
8. What does Mr. Poe tell the children they should address Dr. Montgomery as?
(c) Dr. Montgomery
(d) Montgomery Montgomery
9. What object does the narrator use for an example saying he should have brought this item to avoid disastrous results?
(a) Life jacket
(c) Rain coat
10. What sort of factory does the Grim River circle?
(c) Fish paste
(d) Oil chemical
11. What does Dr. Montgomery tell the children he has just finished making?
(a) Chocolate pie
(b) Ice cream
(c) Brussle sprouts
(d) Coconut cream cake
12. What does Dr. Montgomery say that he hopes happens to Count Olaf someday?
(a) Is on a plane that crashes
(b) Caught by the police
(c) Torn apart by wild animals
(d) Falls into a well
13. What does Uncle Monty tell the children they can do that will make handling the snakes safe?
(a) Practice holding them
(b) Hire someone crazy to handle them
(c) Study them
(d) Stay clear of them
14. When does Mr. Poe tell the children he will be back with the children's luggage?
(a) A few hours
(b) A month
(c) Two days
(d) A week
15. What does Uncle Monty say in his letter he has NOT gone to town to get?
(b) A tent
(c) A fireproof canoe
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Klaus suggest Violet could get a job?
2. Who do the children suggest calling to tell that Count Olaf has appeared in the house?
3. What does Dr. Montgomery tell the children they are lucky he isn't speaking because he is so excited?
4. Where does Stephano tell the children that Uncle Monty is?
5. What does Uncle Monty say that Stephano will name the snake if he is able to steal it?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)