|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephano do to make sure the children don't go to Uncle Monty's room?
(a) Puts a dog in the hall
(b) Locks the children's doors
(c) Sits in the hallway all night
(d) Shares a room with Uncle Monty
2. What does Mr. Poe say that Dr. Montgomery has done that gives him a great many stories to tell?
(a) Gone on adventures
3. Where does Stephano tell the children that Uncle Monty is?
(a) His bedroom
(b) In the Jeep
(c) The Library
(d) The Reptile Room
4. Where do the children like to be more than anywhere else?
(b) Reptile Room
(d) Family room
5. What does Uncle Monty have Klaus do when he gets home?
(a) Take the toothbrushes and put them in the packs
(b) Gather the notes on Peru
(c) Go feed the snakes
(d) Help 'Stephano' carry the canoe
6. What does Dr. Montgomery tell the children to do before he shows them the reptile room?
(a) Take their things to the room
(b) Show Mr. Poe to his car
(c) Wash the dishes
(d) Change their clothes
7. What does Stephano offer to carry?
(a) The toothbrushes
(b) The food packs
(c) The canoe
(d) The shopping bags
8. What does Uncle Monty teach the children not to give too much of to the Green Gimlet Toad
9. What does Uncle Monty do with Stephano's ticket to Peru?
(a) Hands it to Stephano
(b) Tears into pieces
(c) Gives it away
(d) Cashes it in
10. What do the Baudelaire children still have nightmares about?
(b) Adults not believing them
(c) Stage performances
11. Where dose Uncle Monty tell the children he found Stephano?
(a) His bedroom
(c) Reptile Room
(d) Out in the garden
12. What does Uncle Monty tell Klaus when he insists he needs to tell him something important?
(a) Call the police
(b) He has to go and finish packing his clothes
(c) Go start dinner
(d) It isn't polite to interrupt
13. What does Count Olaf tell the children he assumes that they are?
(c) Dr. Montgomery's children
14. Who does Mr. Poe tell the children they are going to go live with?
(a) Dr. Montogmery
(b) A foster home
(c) Count Olaf
(d) Mr. Poe
15. What does Mr. Poe tell the children they should address Dr. Montgomery as?
(a) Dr. Montgomery
(d) Montgomery Montgomery
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Klaus suggest they do in order to get away from Count Olaf?
2. What does Dr. Montgomery suggest he could get for Sunny?
3. What do the children hope that Mr. Poe remembers to do as he drives away?
4. What does Violet see 'Stephano' holding while she is getting ready to tell Uncle Monty that Stephano is really Count Olaf?
5. What have the shrubs been cut to look like?
This section contains 479 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)