|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Poe tell the children they should address Dr. Montgomery as?
(c) Montgomery Montgomery
(d) Dr. Montgomery
2. What does Violet say they are old enough to do?
(a) Stay by themselves
(b) Cook for themselves
(c) Help with the snakes
(d) Get jobs
3. What does Violet explain Sunny likes?
(b) Hard things
(c) Chewy things
4. What does Uncle Monty tell Klaus when he insists he needs to tell him something important?
(a) It isn't polite to interrupt
(b) Go start dinner
(c) He has to go and finish packing his clothes
(d) Call the police
5. What does Dr. Montgomery tell the children they are lucky he isn't speaking because he is so excited?
(b) Baby talk
(c) Pig latin
6. How does Dr. Montgomery introduce himself?
(a) The master of this abode
(b) Uncle Monty
(c) Dr. Montgomery
(d) Montgomery Montgomery
7. What does Klaus ask Violet if they can do?
(a) Sneak out at the same time
(b) Sleep in the same room
(c) Sleep in the bathroom
(d) Call Mr. Poe
8. What does Uncle Monty do with Stephano's ticket to Peru?
(a) Hands it to Stephano
(b) Cashes it in
(c) Gives it away
(d) Tears into pieces
9. What hits Uncle Monty on the head?
(a) A book from the library
(b) A reading lamp from Klaus' room
(c) A toy from Sunny's room
(d) A chair from Violet's room
10. Who does Mr. Poe tell the children they are going to go live with?
(a) A foster home
(b) Count Olaf
(c) Dr. Montogmery
(d) Mr. Poe
11. What do the children decide they must do with Olaf in the house and Montgomery away?
(b) Finish their packing for Peru
(c) Make a plan to escape
(d) Figure out a way to get rid of Olaf
12. What does Count Olaf ask the children to do for him?
(a) Get him something to eat
(b) Find him a room
(c) Carry his luggage
(d) Tell Dr. Montgomery he has arrived
13. What does Uncle Monty want to show Violet he has bought before she tells him her important information?
(a) Snake bait
(b) Wasp repellent
14. What does Count Olaf tell the children he assumes that they are?
(a) Dr. Montgomery's children
15. What does Klaus say that Count Olaf puts a damper on?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of toothbrush does Uncle Monty tell the children he bought?
2. What does Uncle Monty teach the children not to give too much of to the Green Gimlet Toad
3. What does Stephano offer to carry?
4. What does Uncle Monty tell the children the Hungarian Sloth Snake's top speed is?
5. Why does Violet say they shouldn't leave the house?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)