|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Stephano only carry bags with one hand?
(a) So he can reach the children with a free hand
(b) So he can pick things up if needed
(c) To keep one hand on his knife
(d) He has a sore on one hand
2. What does the narrator tell the reader that he and the reader know that the Baudelaire children do not know?
(a) Dr. Montgomery will soon be dead
(b) Count Olaf is on his way
(c) They will never make it back from Peru
(d) The snakes will eat one of them
3. What reason does Mr. Poe give for not being able to take the children's luggage with them?
(a) Car too small
(b) No luggage to take
(c) No time to pack
(d) Wanted to make sure before having the children's luggage brought
4. What does Violet have tacked up on her wall to sketch out her ideas?
(a) Chalk boards
(b) Large white pieces of paper
(c) Graphing paper
(d) Blue print paper
5. Who does the narrator explain will be the one that ends up dead?
(a) The Incredibly Deadly Viper
(b) Mr. Poe
(c) Count Olaf
(d) Uncle Monty
6. What does Dr. Montgomery say that he hopes happens to Count Olaf someday?
(a) Torn apart by wild animals
(b) Falls into a well
(c) Is on a plane that crashes
(d) Caught by the police
7. What does Dr. Montgomery suggest he could get for Sunny?
(a) An old shoe
(b) A snake
(c) A raw carrot
(d) A cucumber
8. What does Uncle Monty tell the children they can do that will make handling the snakes safe?
(a) Practice holding them
(b) Hire someone crazy to handle them
(c) Stay clear of them
(d) Study them
9. Where do the children like to be more than anywhere else?
(a) Family room
(c) Reptile Room
10. What does the narrator compare the knife to as a warning?
(a) A red light
(c) A train whistle
(d) A teacher's reprimand
11. What does Count Olaf ask the children to do for him?
(a) Tell Dr. Montgomery he has arrived
(b) Find him a room
(c) Carry his luggage
(d) Get him something to eat
12. What must the Virginian Wolfsnake never be let near?
(a) Stones in an overcoat
(b) A room of its own
(d) A lighthouse
13. What does Uncle Monty have Klaus do when he gets home?
(a) Gather the notes on Peru
(b) Go feed the snakes
(c) Take the toothbrushes and put them in the packs
(d) Help 'Stephano' carry the canoe
14. What does Stephano do during the entire dinner meal?
(a) Keeps one foot on top of Violets
(b) Takes food from Sunny's plate
(c) Has one hand on Klaus' chair
(d) Holds his knife under the table
15. What does Uncle Monty want to show Violet he has bought before she tells him her important information?
(b) Wasp repellent
(d) Snake bait
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Alaskan Cow Lizard produce?
2. What is most of the water in the Grim River said to be made of?
3. What does Uncle Monty do when Sunny and the Incredibly Deadly Viper bite each other?
4. What does Stephano do to make sure the children don't go to Uncle Monty's room?
5. What does Uncle Monty say that Stephano will name the snake if he is able to steal it?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)