|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Stephano do while they are at the movies?
(a) Takes all the soda
(b) Hogs the popcorn
(c) Talks through the movie
(d) Hits Klaus
2. What does Uncle Monty want to show Violet he has bought before she tells him her important information?
(a) Snake bait
(c) Wasp repellent
3. What object does the narrator use for an example saying he should have brought this item to avoid disastrous results?
(a) Rain coat
(d) Life jacket
4. What does Stephano chop in the kitchen while they are making dinner?
(a) Fish heads
5. What is the painting of that the children first see in the house?
(a) A boa constrictor
(b) Two snakes entwined
(c) A snake in a basket
(d) A viper hissing
6. What does Violet explain Sunny likes?
(a) Chewy things
(c) Hard things
7. What does Uncle Monty tell the children they can do that will make handling the snakes safe?
(a) Study them
(b) Practice holding them
(c) Stay clear of them
(d) Hire someone crazy to handle them
8. What does Dr. Montgomery say is the reason he never found a wife and started a family?
(a) Never found the time
(b) Slipped his mind
(c) Too scared of women
(d) Never could find a wife who liked snakes
9. What does Klaus ask Violet if they can do?
(a) Sleep in the same room
(b) Call Mr. Poe
(c) Sneak out at the same time
(d) Sleep in the bathroom
10. What is the Reptile Room made out of?
(d) Snake pictures
11. What do the children find at the far end of the Reptile Room?
(b) A map of Peru
(c) A giant snake
(d) A toad with three mouths
12. What does Dr. Montgomery say the Barbary Chewer will begin to do if it doesn't have something in its mouth at all times?
(a) Drown in its own spit
(b) Eat its own mouth
(c) Digest itself
(d) Eat its own tail
13. What does Dr. Montgomery say that he studies?
(b) Biting animals
(d) Exotic animals
14. What does Dr. Montgomery tell the children they are lucky he isn't speaking because he is so excited?
(b) Baby talk
(d) Pig latin
15. Why does Uncle Monty get to name the Incredibly Deadly Viper?
(a) He has done great studies on it
(b) He discovered it
(c) He bought the rights
(d) He is the lead scientist
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mr. Poe tell the children they are going to go live with?
2. Where do the children like to be more than anywhere else?
3. Who do the children suggest calling to tell that Count Olaf has appeared in the house?
4. Where does Sunny sit in the Jeep on the way to the movies?
5. What does Stephano do to make sure the children don't go to Uncle Monty's room?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)