|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is most of the water in the Grim River said to be made of?
(b) Dead fish
2. What does Dr. Montgomery tell the children to do before he shows them the reptile room?
(a) Show Mr. Poe to his car
(b) Take their things to the room
(c) Wash the dishes
(d) Change their clothes
3. Where dose Uncle Monty tell the children he found Stephano?
(a) His bedroom
(b) Reptile Room
(d) Out in the garden
4. What does Uncle Monty explain two snakes in his room have learned to do that is dangerous?
(a) Dial a phone
(b) Set a trap
(c) Open their cages
(d) Learned to drive a car
5. What does Stephano do as the children walk out of the bedroom?
(a) Kicks Klaus
(c) Starts singing
6. What does Klaus ask Violet if they can do?
(a) Call Mr. Poe
(b) Sneak out at the same time
(c) Sleep in the bathroom
(d) Sleep in the same room
7. Who do the children suggest calling to tell that Count Olaf has appeared in the house?
(a) The police
(b) Mrs. Poe
(c) Uncle Monty
(d) Mr. Poe
8. What object does the narrator use for an example saying he should have brought this item to avoid disastrous results?
(a) Rain coat
(d) Life jacket
9. What do the children see handing from the ceiling when they first see inside the house of Dr. Montgomery?
(a) A painting of an eye
(b) A statue of a snake
(c) A vast library
(d) Stained-glass light fixture
10. What are most of the books in Dr. Montgomery's library written about?
(a) Poisonous snakes
(b) Unique toads
(d) Peruvian Andes
11. How does Dr. Montgomery introduce himself?
(a) Montgomery Montgomery
(b) Uncle Monty
(c) The master of this abode
(d) Dr. Montgomery
12. What does Uncle Monty do when Sunny and the Incredibly Deadly Viper bite each other?
(c) Throw up
13. What reason does Mr. Poe give for not being able to take the children's luggage with them?
(a) Car too small
(b) Wanted to make sure before having the children's luggage brought
(c) No time to pack
(d) No luggage to take
14. What does Stephano tell the children has changed about the plans to Peru?
(a) Sunny isn't going
(b) They are going to India instead
(c) Uncle Monty isn't going
(d) The Incredibly Deadly Viper isn't going
15. What question does Mr. Poe ask of Dr. Montgomery while they are eating?
(a) How he will care for the children
(b) If he has any experience with children
(c) If the snakes are dangerous
(d) Who will watch the children while he is away
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Dr. Montgomery say the children and he will be going in just ten days?
2. What happens while the children sit in Violet's room?
3. What is in Violet's room that she thought might help inspire her while inventing?
4. When does Mr. Poe tell the children he will be back with the children's luggage?
5. What must the Virginian Wolfsnake never be let near?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)