|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children decide they must do with Olaf in the house and Montgomery away?
(a) Make a plan to escape
(b) Figure out a way to get rid of Olaf
(d) Finish their packing for Peru
2. What does Klaus suggest that Sunny and Violet find ridiculous?
(a) That Olaf is smarter than the children
(b) That Montgomery is conspiring with Olaf
(c) That no one cares about the children
(d) That Montgomery is friends with Olaf
3. Where does Dr. Montgomery receive a great deal of his money?
(a) His discoveries
(b) His inventions
(c) A book he has written on snakes
(d) The government
4. What does Uncle Monty say in his letter he has NOT gone to town to get?
(a) A tent
(c) A fireproof canoe
5. What does Klaus suggest they do in order to get away from Count Olaf?
(a) Run away
(b) Steal a car
(c) Kill Count Olaf
(d) Call a cab
6. Where does Klaus suggest Violet could get a job?
(b) Modeling agency
(c) Mechnical factory
(d) Pre school
7. What does Stephano do to make sure the children don't go to Uncle Monty's room?
(a) Shares a room with Uncle Monty
(b) Locks the children's doors
(c) Sits in the hallway all night
(d) Puts a dog in the hall
8. What does Uncle Monty have in his hands when he runs into the children after they have had their breakfast?
(a) A book on Peru
(b) Folded up papers
(c) The morning news paper
(d) A snake
9. What does Stephano do during the entire dinner meal?
(a) Holds his knife under the table
(b) Takes food from Sunny's plate
(c) Has one hand on Klaus' chair
(d) Keeps one foot on top of Violets
10. What do the children find at the far end of the Reptile Room?
(a) A toad with three mouths
(c) A map of Peru
(d) A giant snake
11. What does Uncle Monty say that Stephano will name the snake if he is able to steal it?
(a) Stephano's Snake
(b) XYZ Reptilian Genome
(c) The Stephano Find
(d) Count Olaf's Pet
12. What does Klaus ask Violet if they can do?
(a) Sleep in the bathroom
(b) Sleep in the same room
(c) Call Mr. Poe
(d) Sneak out at the same time
13. What does Stephano do while they are at the movies?
(a) Talks through the movie
(b) Hogs the popcorn
(c) Hits Klaus
(d) Takes all the soda
14. What does Dr. Montgomery suggest he could get for Sunny?
(a) An old shoe
(b) A raw carrot
(c) A cucumber
(d) A snake
15. What does Stephano do as the children walk out of the bedroom?
(c) Kicks Klaus
(d) Starts singing
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is driving the car taking the children to their new home?
2. What does Uncle Monty tell the children they can do that will make handling the snakes safe?
3. What has Violet been trying to think up an invention for?
4. Who does Mr. Poe tell the children they are going to go live with?
5. What does Uncle Monty tell the children that his jealous roommate in college did?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)