|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children decide they must do with Olaf in the house and Montgomery away?
(b) Make a plan to escape
(c) Figure out a way to get rid of Olaf
(d) Finish their packing for Peru
2. Where had Dr. Montgomery been bitten?
(a) On his hand
(b) On the ankle
(c) On the veranda
(d) Below the eye
3. What does Stephano do as the children walk out of the bedroom?
(b) Starts singing
(d) Kicks Klaus
4. What does Uncle Monty say that Stephano will name the snake if he is able to steal it?
(a) Count Olaf's Pet
(b) The Stephano Find
(c) Stephano's Snake
(d) XYZ Reptilian Genome
5. What kind of toothbrush does Uncle Monty tell the children he bought?
(a) Medium bristles
(b) Extra-firm bristles
(c) Extra-soft bristles
(d) Scooby-Doo toothbrush
6. What does Violet explain Sunny likes?
(a) Chewy things
(d) Hard things
7. What is the Reptile Room made out of?
(b) Snake pictures
8. Where does Dr. Montgomery say the children and he will be going in just ten days?
9. What kind of fruit do the trees near Lousy Lane produce?
(a) Worm ridden pears
(b) Bitter plums
(c) Rotten peaches
(d) Sour apples
10. What does Violet see 'Stephano' holding while she is getting ready to tell Uncle Monty that Stephano is really Count Olaf?
(b) The long knife
(d) A rope
11. What does Dr. Montgomery suggest he could get for Sunny?
(a) An old shoe
(b) A cucumber
(c) A raw carrot
(d) A snake
12. Where do the children like to be more than anywhere else?
(b) Family room
(d) Reptile Room
13. Where does Klaus suggest he could get a job?
(a) Horseradish factory
14. What do the Baudelaire children find in the Reptile Room?
(a) Mr. Poe
(b) The police
(c) The body of Dr. Montgomery
(d) The snakes are all loose
15. Where does Sunny sit in the Jeep on the way to the movies?
(a) In Klaus' lap
(b) In Stephano's lap
(c) In Violet's lap
(d) With Uncle Monty
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Uncle Monty get to name the Incredibly Deadly Viper?
2. What reason does Mr. Poe give for not being able to take the children's luggage with them?
3. Why does Violet say they shouldn't leave the house?
4. Where dose Uncle Monty tell the children he found Stephano?
5. What does Uncle Monty tell the children they can do that will make handling the snakes safe?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)