|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Uncle Monty tell Klaus when he insists he needs to tell him something important?
(a) It isn't polite to interrupt
(b) Call the police
(c) He has to go and finish packing his clothes
(d) Go start dinner
2. Why does Stephano only carry bags with one hand?
(a) He has a sore on one hand
(b) To keep one hand on his knife
(c) So he can pick things up if needed
(d) So he can reach the children with a free hand
3. What has Violet been trying to think up an invention for?
(a) To block the smell from the river
(b) To make the car ride more enjoyable
(c) To stop Count Olaf from finding them
(d) To make her less nervous
4. What do the Baudelaire children still have nightmares about?
(a) Adults not believing them
(b) Stage performances
5. Where does Stephano tell the children that Uncle Monty is?
(a) The Library
(b) His bedroom
(c) The Reptile Room
(d) In the Jeep
6. Where does Klaus suggest he could get a job?
(d) Horseradish factory
7. What does Count Olaf tell the children he assumes that they are?
(b) Dr. Montgomery's children
8. What does Violet see 'Stephano' holding while she is getting ready to tell Uncle Monty that Stephano is really Count Olaf?
(a) The long knife
(c) A rope
9. What does Stephano offer to carry?
(a) The toothbrushes
(b) The shopping bags
(c) The canoe
(d) The food packs
10. What must the Virginian Wolfsnake never be let near?
(a) Stones in an overcoat
(b) A room of its own
(d) A lighthouse
11. What does Uncle Monty do with Stephano's ticket to Peru?
(a) Hands it to Stephano
(b) Cashes it in
(c) Tears into pieces
(d) Gives it away
12. Who opens Violet's bedroom door?
(a) Mr. Poe
13. What does Uncle Monty do when Sunny and the Incredibly Deadly Viper bite each other?
(c) Throw up
14. What does Dr. Montgomery say the Barbary Chewer will begin to do if it doesn't have something in its mouth at all times?
(a) Eat its own tail
(b) Digest itself
(c) Drown in its own spit
(d) Eat its own mouth
15. What do the children see handing from the ceiling when they first see inside the house of Dr. Montgomery?
(a) A painting of an eye
(b) A vast library
(c) A statue of a snake
(d) Stained-glass light fixture
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the children find at the far end of the Reptile Room?
2. Where dose Uncle Monty tell the children he found Stephano?
3. What is in Violet's room that she thought might help inspire her while inventing?
4. What does Stephano do during the entire dinner meal?
5. What is the painting of that the children first see in the house?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)