|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where dose Uncle Monty tell the children he found Stephano?
(a) Out in the garden
(b) Reptile Room
(d) His bedroom
2. Where is Sunny's room located?
(a) Next to Uncle Monty's
(b) In the attic
(c) At the bottom of the stairs
(d) Between Violet and Klaus'
3. Who opens Violet's bedroom door?
(a) Mr. Poe
4. What does Dr. Montgomery tell the children he has just finished making?
(a) Ice cream
(b) Brussle sprouts
(c) Coconut cream cake
(d) Chocolate pie
5. What does Monty say he hates losing?
(a) Card games
(d) Train of thought
6. What does Uncle Monty do when Sunny and the Incredibly Deadly Viper bite each other?
(b) Throw up
7. What does Violet explain Sunny likes?
(a) Chewy things
(c) Hard things
8. What sort of factory does the Grim River circle?
(a) Oil chemical
(b) Fish paste
9. Who does Mr. Poe tell the children they are going to go live with?
(a) Count Olaf
(b) Mr. Poe
(c) Dr. Montogmery
(d) A foster home
10. What is in Violet's room that she thought might help inspire her while inventing?
(a) Unique wall paper
(b) A large window
(c) A big painting
(d) A fluffy bed
11. What do the Baudelaire children still have nightmares about?
(a) Stage performances
(d) Adults not believing them
12. What does Violet see 'Stephano' holding while she is getting ready to tell Uncle Monty that Stephano is really Count Olaf?
(a) The long knife
(b) A rope
13. What does Uncle Monty tell the children the Hungarian Sloth Snake's top speed is?
(a) A foot a day
(b) A slither every minute
(c) Half an inch per hour
(d) Too slow
14. What does Dr. Montgomery say is the reason he never found a wife and started a family?
(a) Never found the time
(b) Too scared of women
(c) Never could find a wife who liked snakes
(d) Slipped his mind
15. Where does Stephano tell the children that Uncle Monty is?
(a) In the Jeep
(b) The Reptile Room
(c) His bedroom
(d) The Library
Short Answer Questions
1. What excuse does the narrator give for leaving the reader waiting for an answer about Sunny being bitten?
2. What does Sunny put in her room?
3. What does Count Olaf tell the children he assumes that they are?
4. What does Klaus suggest they do in order to get away from Count Olaf?
5. When does Mr. Poe tell the children he will be back with the children's luggage?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)