|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children decide they must do with Olaf in the house and Montgomery away?
(a) Figure out a way to get rid of Olaf
(b) Finish their packing for Peru
(c) Make a plan to escape
2. What does Mr. Poe tell the children is odd about Dr. Montgomery's name?
(a) He had it changed to Susan
(b) His first and last name are Montgomery
(c) He has no first name
(d) His first name can't be pernounced
3. What hits Uncle Monty on the head?
(a) A chair from Violet's room
(b) A reading lamp from Klaus' room
(c) A book from the library
(d) A toy from Sunny's room
4. What is most of the water in the Grim River said to be made of?
(a) Dead fish
5. What does the narrator compare the knife to as a warning?
(b) A teacher's reprimand
(c) A red light
(d) A train whistle
6. What reason does Mr. Poe give for not being able to take the children's luggage with them?
(a) Wanted to make sure before having the children's luggage brought
(b) Car too small
(c) No time to pack
(d) No luggage to take
7. Where does Klaus suggest Violet could get a job?
(a) Pre school
(b) Mechnical factory
(c) Modeling agency
8. What does Stephano do during the entire dinner meal?
(a) Takes food from Sunny's plate
(b) Keeps one foot on top of Violets
(c) Has one hand on Klaus' chair
(d) Holds his knife under the table
9. What does Uncle Monty tell Klaus when he insists he needs to tell him something important?
(a) Call the police
(b) Go start dinner
(c) It isn't polite to interrupt
(d) He has to go and finish packing his clothes
10. What does Uncle Monty do when Sunny and the Incredibly Deadly Viper bite each other?
(b) Throw up
11. What does Monty say he hates losing?
(c) Train of thought
(d) Card games
12. Who does Dr. Montgomery ask if he/she does not like coconut?
(b) Mr. Poe
13. What is the Reptile Room made out of?
(c) Snake pictures
14. What must the Virginian Wolfsnake never be let near?
(a) Stones in an overcoat
(b) A lighthouse
(c) A room of its own
15. Why does Violet say they shouldn't leave the house?
(a) Olaf's troupe might be watching
(b) Olaf might hurt Uncle Monty
(c) Olaf would catch them
(d) The police would be called on them
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Count Olaf tell the children he assumes that they are?
2. What does Dr. Montgomery tell the children he has just finished making?
3. Who does the narrator explain will be the one that ends up dead?
4. What kind of toothbrush does Uncle Monty tell the children he bought?
5. Where does Dr. Montgomery say the children and he will be going in just ten days?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)