|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must the Virginian Wolfsnake never be let near?
(a) A lighthouse
(b) A room of its own
(c) Stones in an overcoat
2. Where is Sunny's room located?
(a) Next to Uncle Monty's
(b) Between Violet and Klaus'
(c) At the bottom of the stairs
(d) In the attic
3. What is most of the water in the Grim River said to be made of?
(d) Dead fish
4. What does Dr. Montgomery say is the reason he never found a wife and started a family?
(a) Slipped his mind
(b) Too scared of women
(c) Never could find a wife who liked snakes
(d) Never found the time
5. What kind of toothbrush does Uncle Monty tell the children he bought?
(a) Extra-soft bristles
(b) Scooby-Doo toothbrush
(c) Medium bristles
(d) Extra-firm bristles
6. When does Mr. Poe tell the children he will be back with the children's luggage?
(a) A few hours
(b) A week
(c) Two days
(d) A month
7. What does Klaus suggest that Sunny and Violet find ridiculous?
(a) That Montgomery is conspiring with Olaf
(b) That Olaf is smarter than the children
(c) That no one cares about the children
(d) That Montgomery is friends with Olaf
8. What excuse does the narrator give for leaving the reader waiting for an answer about Sunny being bitten?
(a) He had to check over his notes
(b) He fell asleep
(c) He was running late for a dinner party
(d) He had to go cry
9. What does Uncle Monty teach the children not to give too much of to the Green Gimlet Toad
10. Where does Sunny sit in the Jeep on the way to the movies?
(a) In Violet's lap
(b) With Uncle Monty
(c) In Klaus' lap
(d) In Stephano's lap
11. What does Stephano do while they are at the movies?
(a) Hogs the popcorn
(b) Takes all the soda
(c) Talks through the movie
(d) Hits Klaus
12. What kind of fruit do the trees near Lousy Lane produce?
(a) Sour apples
(b) Rotten peaches
(c) Bitter plums
(d) Worm ridden pears
13. What is the Reptile Room made out of?
(a) Snake pictures
14. Where does Klaus suggest he could get a job?
(d) Horseradish factory
15. Where does Klaus suggest Violet could get a job?
(a) Mechnical factory
(b) Pre school
(c) Modeling agency
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet see 'Stephano' holding while she is getting ready to tell Uncle Monty that Stephano is really Count Olaf?
2. What does Dr. Montgomery tell the children to do before he shows them the reptile room?
3. What does Stephano do as the children walk out of the bedroom?
4. What does Dr. Montgomery suggest he could get for Sunny?
5. What are most of the books in Dr. Montgomery's library written about?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)