|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Count Olaf ask the children to do for him?
(a) Tell Dr. Montgomery he has arrived
(b) Carry his luggage
(c) Get him something to eat
(d) Find him a room
2. What does Stephano offer to carry?
(a) The food packs
(b) The canoe
(c) The shopping bags
(d) The toothbrushes
3. How does Dr. Montgomery introduce himself?
(a) Uncle Monty
(b) Dr. Montgomery
(c) Montgomery Montgomery
(d) The master of this abode
4. What does the narrator tell the reader that he and the reader know that the Baudelaire children do not know?
(a) The snakes will eat one of them
(b) Dr. Montgomery will soon be dead
(c) They will never make it back from Peru
(d) Count Olaf is on his way
5. What excuse does the narrator give for leaving the reader waiting for an answer about Sunny being bitten?
(a) He was running late for a dinner party
(b) He had to go cry
(c) He fell asleep
(d) He had to check over his notes
6. Who does Dr. Montgomery ask if he/she does not like coconut?
(d) Mr. Poe
7. Why does Violet say they shouldn't leave the house?
(a) The police would be called on them
(b) Olaf would catch them
(c) Olaf might hurt Uncle Monty
(d) Olaf's troupe might be watching
8. What are most of the books in Dr. Montgomery's library written about?
(a) Peruvian Andes
(b) Poisonous snakes
(d) Unique toads
9. Where does Klaus suggest he could get a job?
(a) Horseradish factory
10. What does Uncle Monty teach the children not to give too much of to the Green Gimlet Toad
11. What does Violet see 'Stephano' holding while she is getting ready to tell Uncle Monty that Stephano is really Count Olaf?
(a) A rope
(c) The long knife
12. What does Dr. Montgomery explain has happened that has put him behind in his preparations?
(a) His assistant got arrested
(b) He had to make preparations for the children
(c) His snakes got loose
(d) His assistant resigned
13. What does Klaus say that Count Olaf puts a damper on?
14. What does Uncle Monty say in his letter he has NOT gone to town to get?
(a) A tent
(b) A fireproof canoe
15. What kind of toothbrush does Uncle Monty tell the children he bought?
(a) Extra-firm bristles
(b) Scooby-Doo toothbrush
(c) Medium bristles
(d) Extra-soft bristles
Short Answer Questions
1. Who opens Violet's bedroom door?
2. What does Mr. Poe tell the children they should address Dr. Montgomery as?
3. What is the Reptile Room made out of?
4. When does Mr. Poe tell the children he will be back with the children's luggage?
5. What does Klaus suggest that Sunny and Violet find ridiculous?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)