|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the doctor explain that he and Stephano can't switch cars?
(a) He hates to drive a Jeep
(b) His car is out of gas
(c) He can't drive Stephano's car
(d) The city laws won't allow anyone else to drive his car
2. What does Mr. Poe say about picking a lock?
(a) It is very interesting
(b) Good girls shouldn't know how
(c) Mr. Poe needs to learn how
(d) It is illegal
3. What does Violet go get from the kitchen to make her invention slick?
(b) Cake icing
(c) Baking grease
(d) Cooking oil
4. Why does Mr. Poe explain that he can't let the children go after Count Olaf and the hook-handed man?
(a) It is past the children's bed time
(b) They are dangerous men
(c) It is a job for the police
(d) They are too strong for the children
5. Why does Uncle Monty get to name the Incredibly Deadly Viper?
(a) He has done great studies on it
(b) He bought the rights
(c) He is the lead scientist
(d) He discovered it
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet tell Mr. Poe to do?
2. What word is used to describe Violet's homemade invention?
3. What does the narrator tell the reader that he and the reader know that the Baudelaire children do not know?
4. Who do the children suggest calling to tell that Count Olaf has appeared in the house?
5. What does Klaus mention that gives Violet a clue where to look for evidence?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)