|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is unique about the room that Klaus chooses?
(a) It has a double bed
(b) It has no windows
(c) It has a small library
(d) It has an alcove
2. What is the painting of that the children first see in the house?
(a) Two snakes entwined
(b) A snake in a basket
(c) A viper hissing
(d) A boa constrictor
3. Why does Violet say they shouldn't leave the house?
(a) Olaf would catch them
(b) Olaf might hurt Uncle Monty
(c) The police would be called on them
(d) Olaf's troupe might be watching
4. What hits Uncle Monty on the head?
(a) A toy from Sunny's room
(b) A chair from Violet's room
(c) A book from the library
(d) A reading lamp from Klaus' room
5. What does Uncle Monty tell Klaus when he insists he needs to tell him something important?
(a) He has to go and finish packing his clothes
(b) Go start dinner
(c) Call the police
(d) It isn't polite to interrupt
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the children like to be more than anywhere else?
2. What does Stephano do during the entire dinner meal?
3. Who does Mr. Poe tell the children they are going to go live with?
4. What does Mr. Poe warn Klaus in the car not to do to Dr. Montgomery in regards to Montgomery's name?
5. What does the narrator compare the knife to as a warning?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)