|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What excuse does the narrator give for leaving the reader waiting for an answer about Sunny being bitten?
(a) He was running late for a dinner party
(b) He fell asleep
(c) He had to go cry
(d) He had to check over his notes
2. What does Uncle Monty tell the children the Hungarian Sloth Snake's top speed is?
(a) A slither every minute
(b) A foot a day
(c) Half an inch per hour
(d) Too slow
3. What does the narrator tell the reader that he and the reader know that the Baudelaire children do not know?
(a) They will never make it back from Peru
(b) Count Olaf is on his way
(c) Dr. Montgomery will soon be dead
(d) The snakes will eat one of them
4. What object does the narrator use for an example saying he should have brought this item to avoid disastrous results?
(a) Life jacket
(b) Rain coat
5. What does Mr. Poe say that Dr. Montgomery has done that gives him a great many stories to tell?
(c) Gone on adventures
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Stephano do during the entire dinner meal?
2. What does Violet have tacked up on her wall to sketch out her ideas?
3. What does Mr. Poe tell the children is odd about Dr. Montgomery's name?
4. Who does the narrator explain will be the one that ends up dead?
5. Why does Violet say they shouldn't leave the house?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)