|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Montgomery say is the reason he never found a wife and started a family?
(a) Too scared of women
(b) Never could find a wife who liked snakes
(c) Never found the time
(d) Slipped his mind
2. What do the children see handing from the ceiling when they first see inside the house of Dr. Montgomery?
(a) A vast library
(b) A statue of a snake
(c) Stained-glass light fixture
(d) A painting of an eye
3. What reason does Mr. Poe give for not being able to take the children's luggage with them?
(a) No luggage to take
(b) No time to pack
(c) Car too small
(d) Wanted to make sure before having the children's luggage brought
4. Where does Dr. Montgomery receive a great deal of his money?
(a) His discoveries
(b) A book he has written on snakes
(c) His inventions
(d) The government
5. What does Violet say they are old enough to do?
(a) Help with the snakes
(b) Get jobs
(c) Cook for themselves
(d) Stay by themselves
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Montgomery explain has happened that has put him behind in his preparations?
2. What do the children find at the far end of the Reptile Room?
3. What does Dr. Montgomery tell the children he has just finished making?
4. What sort of factory does the Grim River circle?
5. What question does Mr. Poe ask of Dr. Montgomery while they are eating?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)