|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet say they are old enough to do?
(a) Stay by themselves
(b) Get jobs
(c) Help with the snakes
(d) Cook for themselves
2. What do the children hope that Mr. Poe remembers to do as he drives away?
(a) Tell Mrs. Poe thank you
(b) Roll up his window
(c) Put on his seat belt
(d) Bring their luggage
3. What does Dr. Montgomery explain has happened that has put him behind in his preparations?
(a) He had to make preparations for the children
(b) His assistant resigned
(c) His assistant got arrested
(d) His snakes got loose
4. What question does Mr. Poe ask of Dr. Montgomery while they are eating?
(a) How he will care for the children
(b) If the snakes are dangerous
(c) Who will watch the children while he is away
(d) If he has any experience with children
5. What does Dr. Montgomery say the Barbary Chewer will begin to do if it doesn't have something in its mouth at all times?
(a) Drown in its own spit
(b) Digest itself
(c) Eat its own tail
(d) Eat its own mouth
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does Mr. Poe give for not being able to take the children's luggage with them?
2. What is the Reptile Room made out of?
3. What does Dr. Montgomery tell the children he has just finished making?
4. Where does Dr. Montgomery receive a great deal of his money?
5. Who does Mr. Poe tell the children they are going to go live with?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)