|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children see handing from the ceiling when they first see inside the house of Dr. Montgomery?
(a) A painting of an eye
(b) Stained-glass light fixture
(c) A vast library
(d) A statue of a snake
2. What does Dr. Montgomery suggest he could get for Sunny?
(a) An old shoe
(b) A snake
(c) A cucumber
(d) A raw carrot
3. Who does Mr. Poe tell the children they are going to go live with?
(a) Count Olaf
(b) Dr. Montogmery
(c) A foster home
(d) Mr. Poe
4. What does Dr. Montgomery explain has happened that has put him behind in his preparations?
(a) His assistant got arrested
(b) He had to make preparations for the children
(c) His snakes got loose
(d) His assistant resigned
5. What do the Baudelaire children still have nightmares about?
(a) Adults not believing them
(b) Stage performances
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Montgomery tell the children to do before he shows them the reptile room?
2. What is the painting of that the children first see in the house?
3. What reason does Mr. Poe give for not being able to take the children's luggage with them?
4. When does Mr. Poe tell the children he will be back with the children's luggage?
5. Where does Dr. Montgomery say the children and he will be going in just ten days?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)