|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the children see handing from the ceiling when they first see inside the house of Dr. Montgomery?
(a) A painting of an eye
(b) Stained-glass light fixture
(c) A vast library
(d) A statue of a snake
2. What does Dr. Montgomery explain has happened that has put him behind in his preparations?
(a) His assistant got arrested
(b) His snakes got loose
(c) He had to make preparations for the children
(d) His assistant resigned
3. Where does Dr. Montgomery say the children and he will be going in just ten days?
4. What does Dr. Montgomery tell the children to do before he shows them the reptile room?
(a) Change their clothes
(b) Wash the dishes
(c) Show Mr. Poe to his car
(d) Take their things to the room
5. When does Mr. Poe tell the children he will be back with the children's luggage?
(a) A few hours
(b) A week
(c) A month
(d) Two days
Short Answer Questions
1. What are most of the books in Dr. Montgomery's library written about?
2. What is most of the water in the Grim River said to be made of?
3. What do the children hope that Mr. Poe remembers to do as he drives away?
4. What does Mr. Poe tell the children is odd about Dr. Montgomery's name?
5. What kind of fruit do the trees near Lousy Lane produce?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)