|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does Mr. Poe give for not being able to take the children's luggage with them?
(a) Car too small
(b) No time to pack
(c) No luggage to take
(d) Wanted to make sure before having the children's luggage brought
2. What does Mr. Poe tell the children is odd about Dr. Montgomery's name?
(a) His first name can't be pernounced
(b) He had it changed to Susan
(c) His first and last name are Montgomery
(d) He has no first name
3. What does Dr. Montgomery say is the reason he never found a wife and started a family?
(a) Never found the time
(b) Slipped his mind
(c) Too scared of women
(d) Never could find a wife who liked snakes
4. What do the Baudelaire children still have nightmares about?
(a) Adults not believing them
(c) Stage performances
5. What kind of fruit do the trees near Lousy Lane produce?
(a) Bitter plums
(b) Rotten peaches
(c) Sour apples
(d) Worm ridden pears
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncle Monty explain two snakes in his room have learned to do that is dangerous?
2. What excuse does the narrator give for leaving the reader waiting for an answer about Sunny being bitten?
3. What does Klaus suggest that Sunny and Violet find ridiculous?
4. Who do the children suggest calling to tell that Count Olaf has appeared in the house?
5. Who is driving the car taking the children to their new home?
This section contains 300 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)