|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Violet see 'Stephano' holding while she is getting ready to tell Uncle Monty that Stephano is really Count Olaf?
(a) A rope
(c) The long knife
2. What does Dr. Montgomery suggest he could get for Sunny?
(a) A snake
(b) A raw carrot
(c) An old shoe
(d) A cucumber
3. What does Dr. Montgomery tell the children to do before he shows them the reptile room?
(a) Wash the dishes
(b) Show Mr. Poe to his car
(c) Change their clothes
(d) Take their things to the room
4. What do the children see handing from the ceiling when they first see inside the house of Dr. Montgomery?
(a) A vast library
(b) A painting of an eye
(c) Stained-glass light fixture
(d) A statue of a snake
5. What object does the narrator use for an example saying he should have brought this item to avoid disastrous results?
(c) Rain coat
(d) Life jacket
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Violet have tacked up on her wall to sketch out her ideas?
2. What reason does Mr. Poe give for not being able to take the children's luggage with them?
3. What does Uncle Monty want to show Violet he has bought before she tells him her important information?
4. What does Uncle Monty tell the children they can do that will make handling the snakes safe?
5. What is in Violet's room that she thought might help inspire her while inventing?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)