|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Montgomery say is the reason he never found a wife and started a family?
(a) Slipped his mind
(b) Never found the time
(c) Too scared of women
(d) Never could find a wife who liked snakes
2. Why does Violet say they shouldn't leave the house?
(a) Olaf's troupe might be watching
(b) Olaf would catch them
(c) Olaf might hurt Uncle Monty
(d) The police would be called on them
3. What does Count Olaf ask the children to do for him?
(a) Carry his luggage
(b) Find him a room
(c) Get him something to eat
(d) Tell Dr. Montgomery he has arrived
4. What do the children decide they must do with Olaf in the house and Montgomery away?
(a) Make a plan to escape
(b) Figure out a way to get rid of Olaf
(d) Finish their packing for Peru
5. What kind of fruit do the trees near Lousy Lane produce?
(a) Bitter plums
(b) Rotten peaches
(c) Sour apples
(d) Worm ridden pears
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Montgomery tell the children they are lucky he isn't speaking because he is so excited?
2. What does Dr. Montgomery say that he studies?
3. What excuse does the narrator give for leaving the reader waiting for an answer about Sunny being bitten?
4. What does Uncle Monty explain two snakes in his room have learned to do that is dangerous?
5. Where do the children like to be more than anywhere else?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)