Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 Abstract
* The Baudelaire children are driving to meet their new guardian.
* The way to Dr. Montgomery's house is stinky due to the horseradish factory.
* The children see the house and the hedges are all shaped like snakes.
* They are hoping the best as the door to the house opens.
Chapter 2 Abstract
* Dr. Montgomery give the...
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)