|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Museum of Unnatural History: Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Whittlesey hope to find on this expedition?
(a) Proof of the satanic rituals performed by the Kothoga Indians.
(b) Proof of the current existence of the Kothoga Indians.
(c) Proof of the past existence of the Kothoga Indians.
(d) Proof of the religious beliefs of the Kothoga Indians.
2. What does Whittlesey see on the dead body on the trial before him that tells him it is human?
(a) A pair of jeans.
(b) A pair of leather boots.
(c) A gun.
(d) A khaki shirt.
3. Who is Ven?
(a) A thief.
(b) A dock foreman.
(c) A dock worker.
(d) A sailor.
4. Why will Ippolito not allow the law enforcement officers into the Secure Area of the museum in Chapter 14?
(a) He forgot the key.
(b) He is afraid of repercussions.
(c) He wants them to get a warrant.
(d) He forgot the passcode.
5. Where was the original Museum of Natural History built?
(a) On an artesian swamp that could not be properly drained.
(b) On an old river bed.
(c) On a gaseous swamp that still released toxic gas into the subbasement.
(d) On an old lake bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the guard at the Superstition Exhibit hall door turn Margo away in Chapter 20?
2. Where were the red-haired child and his older brother, Billy, supposed to meet their parents after visiting the Museum of Natural History?
3. What is Pendergast's theory as to how the killer is murdering his victims?
4. What meal does D'Agosta wish he did not have before attending the autopsy of the two children found dead in the museum?
5. What happens to D'Agosta at the crime scene in Chapter 14 that has not happened to him in more than twenty years of police work?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)