|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Audrey tell Billingsley they must do before the MotoKops come back?
2. Who tells Cammie to shoot Seth?
3. Who leaves the Billingsley home to find out what has happened in the woods?
4. Who becomes belligerent and is told to leave by Billingsley?
5. What is missing that makes Seth so angry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Audrey referring to when she says that it is too early for any "movement" yet?
2. According to the scene from the movie, what is the purpose of the Regulators?
3. Why do Herb and Audrey not take Seth to the doctor for help?
4. As he dies, what does Collie tell Dave about the reason he was fired from the police department?
5. What does Seth do while Tak is watching "The Regulators"?
6. What is the significance of the mother and son ghosts seen in the folly at Mohonk Mountain?
7. How did Johnny decide to move to Wentworth?
8. What surprises Tak the most about the way things turn out?
9. How did Tak encourage Jim to commit suicide?
10. What does Seth do so that Tak is not able to re-enter him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why the animals, plants and other things that the survivors come across look like replications of these things as a child might have created them.
Essay Topic 2
Choose one character and explore their role in the novel. Describe their personality. How did they influence the situation in which they found themselves? Did they live or die?
Essay Topic 3
Identify at least two different types of literary devices (i.e. simile, metaphor, etc.) used by King in "The Regulators". Describe how he uses these devices to develop his story.
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)