|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what year has Poplar Street been transformed?
2. Who does Seth tell Audrey to bring with her to their home?
3. For what does Hugh as Audrey?
4. What is Poplar Street surrounded by?
5. What is missing that makes Seth so angry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Seth play with his power wagons?
2. What is strange about the way that the animals die?
3. Describe Audrey's phone call in Chapter 9.
4. Why does Audrey say that Tak killed Herb?
5. What would happen to Tak if Seth were to leave his body?
6. What is Audrey referring to when she says that it is too early for any "movement" yet?
7. According to the scene from the movie, what is the purpose of the Regulators?
8. Why do Herb and Audrey not take Seth to the doctor for help?
9. How did Tak encourage Jim to commit suicide?
10. What does Poplar Street look like as Audrey and Johnny walk across it on their way to the Wyler home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the way King uses nature and the scenery in his story.
Essay Topic 2
How does Seth act when Tak is in control of him? How does he act when he is himself?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the importance of the movie "The Regulators" in the novel.
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)