|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has left the group of survivors and taken the gun with them?
2. Why is Tak not able to re-enter Seth?
3. What is one of the things that clues Audrey in that Seth is not himself?
4. Who is shot in the gunfire in Chapter 7?
5. What is missing that makes Seth so angry?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Audrey and Johnny have to do to stop the horror on Poplar Street?
2. How did Tak encourage Jim to commit suicide?
3. What surprises Tak the most about the way things turn out?
4. As he dies, what does Collie tell Dave about the reason he was fired from the police department?
5. What is strange about the animals that appear in Chapter 8?
6. How does Seth play with his power wagons?
7. What does Poplar Street look like as Audrey and Johnny walk across it on their way to the Wyler home?
8. How does the group of survivors in the Carver house plan to go for help?
9. What is strange about the way that the animals die?
10. Describe Audrey's phone call in Chapter 9.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explore the idea of racism in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Who or what is Tak? How does he come to be in possession of Seth?
Essay Topic 3
Explain why the animals, plants and other things that the survivors come across look like replications of these things as a child might have created them.
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)