|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Audrey think that Tak is trying to recreate on Poplar Street?
2. Who does Cammie suggest go for help?
3. What does the Wyler house have that none of the other houses have?
4. Of what is Tak comprised?
5. Into what has the Wyler house transformed?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it about one of Ralph Carver's action figures that bothers Johnny?
2. What do Audrey and Johnny have to do to stop the horror on Poplar Street?
3. How does Johnny realize that Seth has some connection to what is going on with the people of Poplar Street?
4. What does Poplar Street look like as Audrey and Johnny walk across it on their way to the Wyler home?
5. What does Seth do while Tak is watching "The Regulators"?
6. What does Peter look like as he is described sitting in front of the television at the Wyler home?
7. What is strange about the way that the animals die?
8. What has Tak come to do?
9. What do Collie and Steve find in the greenbelt?
10. What surprises Tak the most about the way things turn out?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain why the animals, plants and other things that the survivors come across look like replications of these things as a child might have created them.
Essay Topic 2
Explore the idea of racism in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
What is Johnny's role in the novel?
This section contains 591 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)