|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jim do after he kills Collie?
2. Who leaves the Billingsley home to find out what has happened in the woods?
3. What unusual sound does Audrey hear during her visit with Jan in Chapter 9?
4. What does Tak hate?
5. Who slaps Susi?
Short Essay Questions
1. As he dies, what does Collie tell Dave about the reason he was fired from the police department?
2. Why does Audrey say that Tak killed Herb?
3. What is strange about the animals that appear in Chapter 8?
4. For what has Tak used Peter?
5. What does Seth do so that Tak is not able to re-enter him?
6. What surprises Tak the most about the way things turn out?
7. What does Poplar Street look like as Audrey and Johnny walk across it on their way to the Wyler home?
8. What do Collie and Steve find in the greenbelt?
9. How does Johnny realize that Seth has some connection to what is going on with the people of Poplar Street?
10. What does Tak plan to do in retaliation for Seth having driven it out and calling Audrey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that Tak is gone at the conclusion of the novel? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What is Audrey's role in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Who or what is Tak? How does he come to be in possession of Seth?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)