|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Hugh as Audrey?
2. What doesn't happen when Cammie dies?
3. Who is shot in the gunfire in Chapter 7?
4. According to the wanted poster, of what crime is Jebediah Murdock not accused of committing?
5. Who does Jim accidentally shoot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Audrey say that Tak killed Herb?
2. As he dies, what does Collie tell Dave about the reason he was fired from the police department?
3. Why do Herb and Audrey not take Seth to the doctor for help?
4. What has the trash that was beside the path turned into?
5. How did Johnny decide to move to Wentworth?
6. What do Audrey and Johnny have to do to stop the horror on Poplar Street?
7. What surprises Tak the most about the way things turn out?
8. What is strange about the animals that appear in Chapter 8?
9. What would happen to Tak if Seth were to leave his body?
10. What does Peter look like as he is described sitting in front of the television at the Wyler home?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Who or what is Tak? How does he come to be in possession of Seth?
Essay Topic 2
Do you think that Tak is gone at the conclusion of the novel? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the importance of the movie "The Regulators" in the novel.
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)