|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Dave accuse of killing his brother?
2. What does Audrey think that Tak is trying to recreate on Poplar Street?
3. What does Audrey think that her brother did while in the desert?
4. Where does Audrey tell Seth the Dream Floater was?
5. Who shoots the coyote?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Collie and Steve find in the greenbelt?
2. For what has Tak used Peter?
3. How does Seth play with his power wagons?
4. What is strange about the animals that appear in Chapter 8?
5. As he dies, what does Collie tell Dave about the reason he was fired from the police department?
6. How did Johnny decide to move to Wentworth?
7. Why do Herb and Audrey not take Seth to the doctor for help?
8. How does Johnny realize that Seth has some connection to what is going on with the people of Poplar Street?
9. What is strange about the way that the animals die?
10. What has the trash that was beside the path turned into?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of the MotoKops in the novel. Are they good or evil?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one character and explore their role in the novel. Describe their personality. How did they influence the situation in which they found themselves? Did they live or die?
Essay Topic 3
Trace the theme of good versus evil through the novel.
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)