|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to the wanted poster, of what crime is Jebediah Murdock not accused of committing?
2. What does Jim do after he kills Collie?
3. What does Tak try to get Peter to eat?
4. What does Audrey think that Tak is trying to recreate on Poplar Street?
5. What does Audrey break that upsets her so badly?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Tak the most about the way things turn out?
2. Why does Audrey think that Seth's family was killed?
3. How did Johnny decide to move to Wentworth?
4. How did Tak encourage Jim to commit suicide?
5. What does Tak plan to do in retaliation for Seth having driven it out and calling Audrey?
6. Why does Audrey say that Tak killed Herb?
7. Describe Audrey's phone call in Chapter 9.
8. What do Collie and Steve find in the greenbelt?
9. What is significant about the year 1858?
10. What has Tak come to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What sort of relationship do Audrey and Seth have?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Audrey's safe space. What purpose does it serve? Who created it?
Essay Topic 3
Choose one character and explore their role in the novel. Describe their personality. How did they influence the situation in which they found themselves? Did they live or die?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)