|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens that surprises the group in the Carver home?
2. What does Peter notice is most strange about the vans and people in them?
3. What happens to Cammie Reed?
4. Into what has the Wyler house transformed?
5. Who is shot in the gunfire in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is it about one of Ralph Carver's action figures that bothers Johnny?
2. Describe Audrey's phone call in Chapter 9.
3. What is strange about the way that the animals die?
4. What do Audrey and Johnny have to do to stop the horror on Poplar Street?
5. What does Cammie tell her boys before they leave?
6. What do Collie and Steve find in the greenbelt?
7. How did Johnny decide to move to Wentworth?
8. What does Poplar Street look like as Audrey and Johnny walk across it on their way to the Wyler home?
9. How does Johnny realize that Seth has some connection to what is going on with the people of Poplar Street?
10. Why do Herb and Audrey not take Seth to the doctor for help?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Audrey's safe space. What purpose does it serve? Who created it?
Essay Topic 2
How does Seth act when Tak is in control of him? How does he act when he is himself?
Essay Topic 3
What is the role of the MotoKops in the novel. Are they good or evil?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)