|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins the regulators at the end of the scene?
2. How does Peter plan to start his descriptions of what has happened to him that day?
3. Who is Laura attempting to shoot?
4. Who willingly comforts Ellie?
5. What does Audrey think that Tak is trying to recreate on Poplar Street?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Peter look like as he is described sitting in front of the television at the Wyler home?
2. What is the significance of the mother and son ghosts seen in the folly at Mohonk Mountain?
3. What do Audrey and Johnny have to do to stop the horror on Poplar Street?
4. What does Seth do so that Tak is not able to re-enter him?
5. What does Tak plan to do in retaliation for Seth having driven it out and calling Audrey?
6. What do Collie and Steve find in the greenbelt?
7. As he dies, what does Collie tell Dave about the reason he was fired from the police department?
8. How did Tak encourage Jim to commit suicide?
9. What is significant about the year 1858?
10. Why does Audrey think that Seth's family was killed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Trace the theme of good versus evil through the novel.
Essay Topic 2
What is Johnny's role in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
What is Steve's role in the novel?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)