|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Audrey hope will happen to Tak?
2. Who realizes he loves Laura?
3. What happens that surprises the group in the Carver home?
4. What does Gary do when he realizes his wife is dead?
5. What does Audrey think that Tak is trying to recreate on Poplar Street?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to the scene from the movie, what is the purpose of the Regulators?
2. What is Audrey referring to when she says that it is too early for any "movement" yet?
3. What is it about one of Ralph Carver's action figures that bothers Johnny?
4. Describe Audrey's phone call in Chapter 9.
5. Why does Audrey say that Tak killed Herb?
6. How does Johnny realize that Seth has some connection to what is going on with the people of Poplar Street?
7. How does Seth play with his power wagons?
8. What is strange about the animals that appear in Chapter 8?
9. What has Tak come to do?
10. What has the trash that was beside the path turned into?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Trace the theme of love through the novel.
Essay Topic 2
How does Seth act when Tak is in control of him? How does he act when he is himself?
Essay Topic 3
Trace the theme of good versus evil through the novel.
This section contains 587 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)