|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is shot in the gunfire in Chapter 7?
2. What does Audrey break that upsets her so badly?
3. What does Steve tell the police he is?
4. What does Tak hate?
5. Who is the first one to connect Seth with what is happening to them?
Short Essay Questions
1. What would happen to Tak if Seth were to leave his body?
2. How does Johnny realize that Seth has some connection to what is going on with the people of Poplar Street?
3. How does Seth play with his power wagons?
4. What is Audrey referring to when she says that it is too early for any "movement" yet?
5. What is significant about the year 1858?
6. What do Audrey and Johnny have to do to stop the horror on Poplar Street?
7. What do Collie and Steve find in the greenbelt?
8. How did Tak encourage Jim to commit suicide?
9. What does Poplar Street look like as Audrey and Johnny walk across it on their way to the Wyler home?
10. What has Tak come to do?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Audrey's role in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Trace the theme of good versus evil through the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Describe Audrey's safe space. What purpose does it serve? Who created it?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)