|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Murdock trying to shoot?
2. Which one of the survivors has the look of murder on their face in Chapter 12?
3. Who does Tak tell Peter he is going to meet?
4. Who gets shot in the scene from "The Regulators"?
5. What does Audrey think that her brother did while in the desert?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Tak the most about the way things turn out?
2. How does Seth play with his power wagons?
3. What do Audrey and Johnny have to do to stop the horror on Poplar Street?
4. According to the scene from the movie, what is the purpose of the Regulators?
5. What would happen to Tak if Seth were to leave his body?
6. What does Peter look like as he is described sitting in front of the television at the Wyler home?
7. What is strange about the way that the animals die?
8. What does Tak plan to do in retaliation for Seth having driven it out and calling Audrey?
9. What does Seth do while Tak is watching "The Regulators"?
10. What does Cammie tell her boys before they leave?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the way King uses nature and the scenery in his story.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the importance of the movie "The Regulators" in the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Identify at least two different types of literary devices (i.e. simile, metaphor, etc.) used by King in "The Regulators". Describe how he uses these devices to develop his story.
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)