|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tak not eat?
2. Who notices the Sheriff is crying?
3. Who does Cammie suggest go for help?
4. Who is Laura attempting to shoot?
5. What does Billingsly call the bird?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Tak come to do?
2. What does Cammie tell her boys before they leave?
3. How did Tak encourage Jim to commit suicide?
4. What surprises Tak the most about the way things turn out?
5. How did Johnny decide to move to Wentworth?
6. What does Tak plan to do in retaliation for Seth having driven it out and calling Audrey?
7. What does Poplar Street look like as Audrey and Johnny walk across it on their way to the Wyler home?
8. As he dies, what does Collie tell Dave about the reason he was fired from the police department?
9. Why does Audrey say that Tak killed Herb?
10. What do Audrey and Johnny have to do to stop the horror on Poplar Street?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Do you think that Tak is gone at the conclusion of the novel? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
How does Seth act when Tak is in control of him? How does he act when he is himself?
Essay Topic 3
What is Seth's role in the novel?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)