|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary think all the people are outside their homes when she first enters the neighborhood?
2. What is in Audrey's escape world that wasn't there in real life?
3. Who answers the phone when Johnny calls 911?
4. How long have Gary and Marielle been married?
5. From what does Collie suffer?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the Dream Floater.
2. What was considered the first real problem of Steve's adult life?
3. What are Ellie and her brother arguing about?
4. What is strange about the voice that answers when both Johnny and Collie call 911?
5. How is Cary dressed?
6. What is happening on Poplar Street just before the shootings?
7. What does Cary imagine about Collier?
8. Describe the other vans introduced in Chapter 3.
9. What three resolutions did Collie make to himself the morning of the shootings?
10. What does the yellow van do to Mary's car?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Trace the theme of love through the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Trace the theme of good versus evil through the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Explore the significance of sex in the novel. Why is it mentioned when it was? What is it used for?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)