Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What starts the fire at the Hobart home?
2. Where does the included scene from the MotoKops take place?
3. What type of vehicle is Steve Ames driving?
4. What does the yellow van do when Mary drives by?
5. What bothers Collie most about the incident.
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the group of survivors in the Carver house plan to go for help?
2. What is strange about the way the Carver children react to their father's death?
3. Why does Audrey say that Tak killed Herb?
4. What does Peter look like as he is described sitting in front of the television at the Wyler home?
5. What has Tak come to do?
6. Why does Brad Josephson insist on going back home?
7. What does Cary do that he hates?
8. Why does Collier not fire his gun at the men in the van?
9. As he dies, what does Collie tell Dave about the reason he was fired from the police department?
10. What three resolutions did Collie make to himself the morning of the shootings?
Essay Topic 1
Explain the importance of the movie "The Regulators" in the novel.
Essay Topic 2
Trace the theme of love through the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Explore the idea of racism in the novel.
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)