|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Marielle shot?
2. What does Cary use to coax Hannibal to let go of the frisbee?
3. What litters the upstairs hallway?
4. What is in Audrey's escape world that wasn't there in real life?
5. Who sees the hurt in Ellie's eyes when her parents show their unconditional love for Ralph?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Allen Symes, what happens at the Deep Earth Mining Corporation?
2. Why doesn't Audrey run away as the voice commands her to do?
3. Describe the Dream Floater.
4. Describe the condition of the house in which Audrey and Seth lives.
5. What is Collier Entragian's background?
6. What is bothersome about the way the MotoKops are portrayed in this section of the cartoon's script?
7. Why are Ellie and Ralph not shot?
8. What does Cary imagine about Collier?
9. What are Ellie and her brother arguing about?
10. What three resolutions did Collie make to himself the morning of the shootings?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is Audrey's role in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
What sort of relationship do Audrey and Seth have?
Essay Topic 3
Identify at least two different types of literary devices (i.e. simile, metaphor, etc.) used by King in "The Regulators". Describe how he uses these devices to develop his story.
This section contains 621 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)