|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Kim Geller doing during the shooting?
2. What does Tak make Audrey drink?
3. What is the name of the boy Audrey is raising?
4. What does Belinda see that startles her?
5. During what month of the year are these chapters sent?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the people driving the blue van.
2. What does the yellow van do to Mary's car?
3. What was considered the first real problem of Steve's adult life?
4. Describe Audrey's tone in her letter to Janice.
5. What does Cary imagine about Collier?
6. Why does Collier not fire his gun at the men in the van?
7. What is strange about the way the Carver children react to their father's death?
8. What does Cary do that he hates?
9. What three resolutions did Collie make to himself the morning of the shootings?
10. What is strange about the voice that answers when both Johnny and Collie call 911?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the way King uses nature and the scenery in his story.
Essay Topic 2
Trace the theme of good versus evil through the novel.
Essay Topic 3
Choose one character and explore their role in the novel. Describe their personality. How did they influence the situation in which they found themselves? Did they live or die?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)