|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What position does Cary play on his baseball team?
2. How does Audrey describe Tak?
3. In what state is this novel set?
4. Where did Collier work as a police officer?
5. Where does Peter get a pain when he thinks of Cary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cary do that he hates?
2. Why are Ellie and Ralph not shot?
3. Describe the other vans introduced in Chapter 3.
4. Describe the people driving the blue van.
5. Why does Brad Josephson insist on going back home?
6. Why does Collier not fire his gun at the men in the van?
7. Describe the condition of the house in which Audrey and Seth lives.
8. What are Ellie and her brother arguing about?
9. Describe the van that drives into the neighborhood.
10. Describe the Dream Floater.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the role of the MotoKops in the novel. Are they good or evil?
Essay Topic 2
Choose one character and explore their role in the novel. Describe their personality. How did they influence the situation in which they found themselves? Did they live or die?
Essay Topic 3
Who or what is Tak? How does he come to be in possession of Seth?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)