* Chapter 1
* The residents of Poplar Street enjoy a peaceful July afternoon.
* Cary Ripton is canvassing the neighborhood, delivering papers when a strange van enters the neighborhood.
* A newspaper article detailing a drive by shooting in Columbus where all members of the Garin family with the exception of Seth are killed concludes the chapter.
* Chapter 2
* Steve Ames is forced to stop on Poplar Street when the Ryder truck he is driving breaks down.
* Steve watches Cary killed by gunfire from the strange van.
* Steve helps Cynthia keep the Carver children safe from the gunmen.
* The gunmen shot a dog instead of the Carver children.
* Collie an ex-cop tries to get control over the situation however, most of the neighbors choose to ignore him and return to their own homes.
* The chapter concludes with a review of the movie "The Regulators".
* Chapter 3
* Johnny Marinville tries to...
This section contains 1,349 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)