|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why has Benia tracked down Dinah?
(a) He wants her to become his wife
(b) She owes him money
(c) He needs a good midwife to help with the delivery of a baby
(d) Benia wishes to kill DInah
2. Who does DInah call the women who work for Rebecca?
(a) The Rebeccas
(b) The Elizabeths
(c) The Deborahs
(d) The Werenros
3. What do Jacob's sons demand happen to the men of Shechum?
(a) They demand part of the citizens' tax money
(b) They demand that all the men get circumcised
(c) They request to live in the palace
(d) They request that a new palace be built for Dinah's family
4. What theme is explored in this chapter as Dinah falls in love with Shalem?
(b) Sexual agency
(d) Young love
5. Why does DInah continue to feel distant from her son?
(a) She feels ashamed to be his mother
(b) Re-nefer has forced them apart by telling Re-mose bad things about his mother
(c) He has gone away to school
(d) He pretends that he does not know her
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dinah begin to take an interest in?
2. What happens to Reuben?
3. What happens the night that all the Shechum men are circumcised?
4. Why is Dinah hopeful at the end of the chapter?
5. Why does Dinah hate Egypt?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Shalem make Dinah his wife?
2. What does DInah do when she returns to Jacob's camp?
3. What happens to Dinah on the way to Mamre?
4. What happens once Dinah gets her period?
5. Why does Dinah venture to Shechem?
6. Why won't Dinah share her mothers' stories?
7. Why are Simon and Levi furious with Dinah's marriage?
8. How does Dinah feel when she learns she is pregnant?
9. What does Dinah learn upon Tabea's arrival?
10. Why does Benia track down Dinah?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)